Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-28-2005, 06:27 PM   #1
miami_fan
Coordinator

Question Am I taking this the wrong way?

I was driving home from work today. I see this billboard that is either new or I did not notice before. The billboard is for a church. Sorry I do not remember the name of the church or the denomination. The bold text of the advertismet was "We invite all races to worship" Now my initial reaction was this. Are they saying that other churches in the area DON'T invite all races to worship with them? Then I thought "Are they trying to attract people of different races for a specific reason?" It just seems strange and out of place to me that a church would emphasize that all races were invited to their place of worship. Am I putting too much thought into this?

miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 06:31 PM   #2
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan
Now my initial reaction was this. Are they saying that other churches in the area DON'T invite all races to worship with them?

Now I don't know the PCB area at all, so this is little more than a WAG on my part but ... I'd say there's a pretty good chance that's roughly what this is about, or rather at least a conscious attempt at a multi-racial congregation, which isn't something I'd exactly call common in the south.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:31 PM   #3
WrongWay
Banned

Good, this thread is not about me.

But, I would suspect some hidden meaning or recent Court decision behind this billboard.

Last edited by WrongWay : 11-28-2005 at 06:32 PM.
WrongWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 06:35 PM   #4
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Reminds me of the ad for Merck I keep hearing on NPR: Where patients come first. This implies that in other pharmaceuticals, patients do not come first because it's at Merck where patients come first. PR and Ad flaks are worse than lawyers.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 07:09 PM   #5
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I'm guessing it is a church's attempt to draw a multi-racial congregation. I don't think I'd interpret as a slam at other churches that don't have diverse populations. Rather it is probably them trying to do something positive.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 07:10 PM   #6
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

The leadership probably wants some exotic flavors, rather than just the usual vanilla ruby starfruit
Old 11-28-2005, 07:30 PM   #7
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Those Satanists will try anything, eh?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 07:39 PM   #8
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
Now I don't know the PCB area at all, so this is little more than a WAG on my part but ... I'd say there's a pretty good chance that's roughly what this is about, or rather at least a conscious attempt at a multi-racial congregation, which isn't something I'd exactly call common in the south.

Well I have only been in this area for about four months now. Several people felt the need to inform me that the area is much that it was 10-15 years ago.
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote