Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-08-2005, 04:27 PM   #1
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Job offered question

my friend accepted a job offer last week.

but today he got offer another job, that sounds better.

what the best way to let the first job offer know that he is change his mind?
what should he tell them?

jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 04:29 PM   #2
RendeR
Coordinator

Well if he's signed an offer sheet I think he's gonna get screwed if he backs out later. If he hasn't signed anything he has to decide if he wants to ask the initial place to match the offer is possible or simply inform them that he's sorry, but an offer that is better for he and his family has just come across to him and he can't in good conscience take what at this point is a lesser offer.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 04:31 PM   #3
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR
Well if he's signed an offer sheet I think he's gonna get screwed if he backs out later. If he hasn't signed anything he has to decide if he wants to ask the initial place to match the offer is possible or simply inform them that he's sorry, but an offer that is better for he and his family has just come across to him and he can't in good conscience take what at this point is a lesser offer.

he didnt sign no agreement. he told them yes over the phone.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 04:32 PM   #4
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Your second sentence pretty well covers it. My wife did something similar about 8 years ago. There will be a little bit of guilt going along with it, but you can't really help that. Just don't ever list that company as a reference.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 04:49 PM   #5
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

6 1/2 years ago I accepted a job to drive a truck for an oilfield company after being out of work for 4 or 5 months.

Two days later I got a call offering me a job with Emerson. Hell yeah I took it. Still with them today and it's a pretty damn good job most of the time. I called the other company and said I was offered a job that was better for me, and I was sorry to have to back out of it. I gave them a quick and simple "I apologize for the trouble this may cause you" and I was on my way up to St. Louis for orientation two days later.