Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Ghost Hunters/Belvoir Winery episode thread

Several of you wanted me to start a separate thread on the show once I received a date. I spoke with one of the producers today and received a tentative date of May 1st, 2013 at 9:00 PM EDT. He did say that it wasn't fully official until the network starts airing promotional things for the show in a week or so, but he said he was pretty comfortable that the date would likely not change.

Like I mentioned before, there's a lot of things I can't talk about until after the episode is aired due to non-disclosure agreements. But I can answer questions that don't relate directly to the investigation at our site or results of that investigation.

I posted the information today on our Facebook site and it's gone viral in a big way. Tons of shares. Our Facebook 'likes' have increased around 15% since the first announcement and our daily views due to viral posting has tripled. It's been great for the visibility of our business and we're going to have a lot of newspaper/TV exposure in the week or two before the airing of the episode. Couldn't come at a better time as we've now entered the busy season where we hold a lot of events and have lots of walk-in business.

Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

that is really fantastic for you. Glad to see the business doing so well. I will be setting my DVR for certain.

Wife and I have also discussed doing a trip to St. Louis to visit her friend, may need to schedule a detour
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:35 PM   #3
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

Any chance of private groups getting in? A few friends and I do this kind of thing on a small scale as a hobby and are always looking for places.
IlliniCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #4
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Congrats. Excited for you.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #5
AnalBumCover
College Starter

I haven't read completely through the winery thread. What are some paranormal activity that you/others have claimed to experience on the property?

I'm looking forward to this episode!
Old 04-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #6
spleen1015
Coordinator

The winery is one the show. Are you at all or just the Ghost Hunter peeps?
Old 04-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #7
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniCub View Post
Any chance of private groups getting in? A few friends and I do this kind of thing on a small scale as a hobby and are always looking for places.

Anything is possible. Would just need to work out dates as we're booked pretty heavily right now entering the busy season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
I haven't read completely through the winery thread. What are some paranormal activity that you/others have claimed to experience on the property?

I'm looking forward to this episode!

In the winery, I've experienced:

-Voices
-Footsteps
-Piano playing on its own
-Doors opening and slamming
-Kids running down the hallways giggling

Others have also seen an apparition near our library. We've also had guests who have had their clothes tugged in the areas where the orphans used to go to school.

In the former morgue in the nursing home, we've had voices, objects moved, and people touched.

In the Old Folks Home, I've experienced voices, footsteps, and saw a shadow figure down the hallway peek out of a room. When I went to check the room to make sure no homeless people were in the building, I found that the window in the small room was intact and that the floor was collapsed to the point that no one could have walked into that room without falling through the floor.

The old hospital building has a lot of footsteps and more doors being opened and closed. Others have seen shadow figures there as well, though I have not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
The winery is on the show. Are you at all or just the Ghost Hunter peeps?

I am the main person on our episode. They only have one 'contact' for each investigation to keep it simple. Only five people knew that they were coming into town and only my wife and I know the results of the reveal.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #8
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Pretty cool, can't wait to watch.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #9
chesapeake
College Starter

Very cool. I hope it is great for business.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:31 PM   #10
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Will be watching!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #11
PilotMan
Head Coach

I am going to try and remember to catch it for sure. I'm hoping sometime down the road that my wife and I can make it out for a visit. Your place looks fantastic.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #12
George
H.S. Freshman Team

That's great. I plan to watch.
George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #13
Ironhead
College Prospect

Congrats to you - this is really cool. My wife was associated with the TAPS family at one point. Her words of advice - after this airs just be prepared for attention from some strange folks.

Last edited by Ironhead : 04-02-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #14
frnk55
High School Varsity

Cool!!! I haven't watch that show in a long time but I'll check this ep out!
frnk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #15
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Definitely will be watching. Hopefully you are sporting some Mizzou wear in parts of it.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:17 PM   #16
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Congrats to you - this is really cool. My wife was associated with the TAPS family at one point. Her words of advice - after this airs just be prepared for attention from some strange folks.

We've already reached that point at some level because of our paranormal investigation events that we hold for the public. But I definitely know what she's talking about. You really have to be very selective about who you let in your location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Definitely will be watching. Hopefully you are sporting some Mizzou wear in parts of it.

Sadly, no. I'm very neutral. My wife (also known as the boss since she and her sister own the winery) told me what to wear. Likely didn't trust me to wear anything other than jeans and a Mizzou sweatshirt.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #17
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Excited for you guys.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #18
BYU 14
Coordinator

This is really cool, can't wait to watch.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:42 PM   #19
britrock88
Pro Starter

I'll look for this on the internet, somehow.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:57 PM   #20
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
I'll look for this on the internet, somehow.

Most of the first half of season 9 (current season) is already up on YouTube. I'm guessing they'll have our episode up pretty quickly. If not, you can pay $1.99 and view just that episode through SyFy or the Apple Store.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #21
britrock88
Pro Starter

Solid.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:00 AM   #22
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Some of you may have seen that they bumped back the season by about two months. Original season premiere was supposed to be this week, but they bumped it back to mid-June. Last I heard, that means our episode (slated to be the third episode in the season) will show on June 26th.

It was somewhat of an egg-on-the-face moment for the show. They already had promoted the premiere on the website, Facebook, Twitter, etc. It has some fans wondering why it was bumped back (i.e. did they want to move it to a better spot in the year or did it get bumped by another show).
Old 04-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #23
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

If you could, bump the thread once the date is finalized

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #24
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
If you could, bump the thread once the date is finalized

SI

I'm sure I'll be posting a few more times in the thread before it shows just to make sure everyone knows.

I'm interested to see if Jon sees this to say how common (or not) it is in the current climate to have a show season bumped back literally a couple weeks before premiere.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:14 PM   #25
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I'd say it's pretty irregular, especially with the combination of such an established show and the short-notice change.

The speculation (reasonable IMO) is that it's another sign that the cancellation bear is soon to catch GH. The most likely alternative is that they aren't going to renew Haunted Collector and this is their way to burn off even more of the remaining episodes of it.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:26 PM   #26
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I'd say it's pretty irregular, especially with the combination of such an established show and the short-notice change.

The speculation (reasonable IMO) is that it's another sign that the cancellation bear is soon to catch GH. The most likely alternative is that they aren't going to renew Haunted Collector and this is their way to burn off even more of the remaining episodes of it.

Yeah, the Haunted Collector show has been pretty iffy. They were actually begging me to be on that show, but I passed on it. Just too much goofy stuff for my taste. Ghost Hunters is the most conservative of the paranormal shows, which is the reason I really wanted them to come out if any show did.

I do know that Jason requires that he be home on the weekends as part of his contract. I also know that Jason and Grant are selling the Spaulding Inn that they purchased a few years back. Jason said that they just weren't able to run it well since they live a good distance away from the inn.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:59 PM   #27
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Four weeks from today. There's a super quick shot of Jason at the winery turning in the momentary shot just before the thermal image right around :09 mark. There will be a teaser video for our episode put out one week before it airs.

You can also view the video at GH Videos

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 05-29-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:07 PM   #28
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

First appearance of the winery in one of the season promotional videos. The hallway being analyzed from 0:18-0:22 is a hallway in an unfinished part of the winery.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #29
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I will tune in!
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #30
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Winery clip in today's season premiere teaser. Short clip between 0:29-0:30 showing Jason Hawes saying "Holy mother!" is at the winery.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:43 PM   #31
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

So still June 26th, right?
Old 06-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #32
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
So still June 26th, right?

Yes. It should start popping up on TV guides on your provider box in 4-5 days.

Also, there will be multiple teasers during next week's episode and at the end of next week's episode showing a sneak peek of our episode.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 06-12-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #33
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Belvoir Winery mentioned in an interview of Amy Bruni in Glamour Magazine as one of her favorite investigations in the upcoming season of Ghost Hunters......

All About Ghost Hunters' Amy Bruni: Obsessed: glamour.com
Old 06-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #34
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Added today. You can set to record.

Old 06-15-2013, 11:19 AM   #35
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Cool, I'll have to watch. I thought Grant was no longer on the show?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:24 AM   #36
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Cool, I'll have to watch. I thought Grant was no longer on the show?

He's not. I'm not sure why he's on that listing. Excellent catch by you. I'll have to call the crew to see what the deal is with that.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:51 AM   #37
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Sounds great for publicity Mizzou, glad to hear it. No offense intended, but aren't those ghost shows all fake? At least that's the impression I've gotten from the very small number I've watched.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #38
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Sounds great for publicity Mizzou, glad to hear it. No offense intended, but aren't those ghost shows all fake? At least that's the impression I've gotten from the very small number I've watched.

I wish I could speak more to my personal experience with them, but that'll have to wait until after the episode airs. With that said, we have turned down multiple TV shows for that reason. Ghost Hunters is considered the best of the groups if you're looking for a legitimate investigation. There's always going to be second-guessing given the subject matter, but they do a great job of debunking evidence just as much as they find evidence.

I certainly understand the skepticism from some people as I used to be a skeptic. But eventually you reach a point where too many things happen that you can't explain as 'just being an old building' that you have to consider other options. The funny part is that there are a lot of people that open up about having lived in haunted places when they come to our winery. I've heard more than one person say that they felt like they could tell their story at the winery because they feel like people won't think they're crazy when they talk about their experiences.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #39
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Well I'm not so much a total skeptic as someone who believes that if ghosts exist, they likely can't be proved or disproved via technology.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #40
PilotMan
Head Coach

Set to record!

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:44 AM   #41
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

I put it on our DVR also. My wife and came home from work the other day and asked me why the hell I was recording Ghost Hunters. Can't wait to see the man behind the moniker!
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #42
Easy Mac

Would anyone else be surprised to see the ghosts flashing hook em horns signs when they're captured on video?
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #43
BYU 14
Coordinator

DVR set
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #44
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Don't forget to record tonight's episode. There will be teaser videos for our episode peppered throughout the episode tonight. You may see the 'man behind the moniker' tonight.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:16 PM   #45
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

It was a quick teaser around the 53 minute mark. Didn't last long but exciting to see.

They'll be putting out longer videos through social media in the upcoming week. I'll post them as they go up.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:05 AM   #46
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

More teasers out this morning. Here's the one from last night's episode.......

GH Promo

And here's a 2:00 clip from the episode......

GH Sneak Peek

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 06-20-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #47
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I need to buy you lunch in exchange for a tour. Still bummed we got locked out that night before poker!

Which buildings were they in? My understanding is your event space and offices are in the main administration building and then you have the hospital and the Old Folks Home. Is that it? From Google Maps it looks like there are more buildings ... or is it just two buildings with a lot of additions?

What's the small building on the east side that appears to have no roof?

Can't wait for the episode. Be the first time I've actually watched Ghost Hunters. But I'm really hoping that a clip makes The Soup.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #48
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Just call me anytime if you want to come out. Message me if you need my phone number.

The GH crew was allowed access to all four buildings (listed from South to North) Winery, Modern Nursing Home, Old Folks Home, and Hospital.

The small building on the east side is the Power building. There was a coal burning plant in that building that allowed the complex to have power and running water even before the city of Liberty had it.

I'm a big fan of the Soup. That would be great.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:00 AM   #49
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Hey MBBF, you still planning a post-game chat online somewhere?
Old 06-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #50
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Hey MBBF, you still planning a post-game chat online somewhere?

We have a Q&A at the winery until 10:00 PM CDT that night, so probably not immediate. But if you have questions, toss them in the thread and I'll answer them once I get home that night. We're expecting 300-400 at the watch party, so we'll be a bit busy that night.