Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-19-2003, 03:53 PM   #1
ACStrider
High School JV

Avlis Notebooks - in character NWN submissions

I thought I would take the jump on Quiks suggestion and start up an "in character" thread. Have fun with this guys!

ACStrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 09:01 PM   #2
ACStrider
High School JV

Today is my 124th birthday, so rather then letting myself be the center of attention, I decided that I needed to do some good deeds and let others benefit from my special occasion. I made my way to the temple district, donated at the temple of Dagoth, and spent the early morning feeding some starving civilians.

In the early afternoon I entered the city gates and journeyed to the government district where I noticed a few clerics of Valok laying dead in the streets. Another cleric had a summoned dire spider trailing him. Seeing this made me very nervous and considering that I was both too weak to engage the spider single-handedly and that I had seen no provacation from the spider, I armed myself but continued on my way.

When I entered the market, I was shocked by what I saw. There were more clerics of Valok in the market, some dead, and two with summoned dire spiders. There were also many commoners laying on the streets dead. As I was putting together the pieces of what was happening, I noticed that one of the dire spiders was attacking some of the marketplace commoners. Knowing that I had just reason to put down the spider and that someone needed to come to the aid of the townspeople, I gathered the few adventurers that were passing by and instructed for them to kill the summoned spider.

After the fierce battle the spider was killed, but during the fray the cleric who was controlling the spider turned and attacked me. I had to kill the cleric. We attacked and killed the other spider and removed the market from threat...or so we thought.

There still remained the second cleric. As the adventurers near me were asking why I had insisted in killing the spiders, the cleric summoned a dire wolf which he directed to attack me. The wolf and the cleric had to be put down.

Soon some of the members of the Order of Gorethar arrived and I explained my actions. They ruled then and there that I was innocent of any wrong doing and that the situation with the clerics of Valok would have to be investigated following the securing of the governmental and temple areas.

I offered my services to the paladins and clerics of Gorethar and assisted them in this endeavor (a very rare invite, I must add). We entered into the temple of Valok only to be attacked by the clergy there. We had to kill all of the clerics there for the security of Mikona.

What a birthday this has turned out to be.

Last edited by ACStrider : 05-19-2003 at 09:02 PM.
ACStrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 11:27 PM   #3
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

To Thomkal:

I'm still in Elysia. I hope you are as well as can be. No one approached me with a cure over the past week.

However, I met a dwarf in Elysia that told me of a possible cure invovling brownsmoke seeds and kao kao powder. He told me I could get the ingredients from a Fairy Garden in the wilderness, and gave me directions to get there.

The directions were slightly wrong, or I misunderstood them, and I ended up getting attacked by a Crag Cat (some adventurers passing by helped kill that), then got attacked by an Elf Warrior (I retreated VERY quickly), then got help getting past the elf by some wandering mages, only to take a wrong turn and get ambushed by a gang of dwarf mercenaries (I ran away again), then bumped into someone that led me to the Garden, where we got attacked by Will O Wisps (we killed them). Got quite a few new scars.

I found the stuff I was supposed to get to be able to make Kao Kao powder and brownsmoke, and then hightailed it back to Elysia to see what I could do. This took three days, but I'm hoping it was worth it.

Apparently the cure isn't a simple as it seems though. I need to make grainshot first (got that done), then use that to make the brownsmoke, then somehow get the Kao Kao leaves to Kao Kao powder. Then somehow mix this together to get a cure. I'm new to alchemy, though, and had no luck with the next steps. I have given up for today. I'll try to track the batty dwarf down tomorrow.

The cure that other people told me about involved the blood fury crystals, but if the damn dwarf is right, then the Kao Kao powder and brownsmoke might be a better cure. But it's going to take me a while to sort it all out.

I did meet someone who told me how to make the blood fury crystals, but I forgot to write it down. Damn it. I shouldn't have tried to get empty spirit bottles by buying full ones and drinking them. Apparently you can buy them empty. And I'm not even sure she was right about the blood fury. Her ingredient list for brownsmoke didn't work. Or I just suck at alchemy. Or both. Arrr.

Stay well, friend. Help is on the way. Slowly, but on the way.

By the way, have you found Timo Karr? A number of people told me I should seek him about a cure. I believe he is in Mikona. Maybe you can find him, and ask him about how to make a cure. See if he knows something about a better cure, one involving Kao Kao powder. Also, if you can find out how to make brownsmoke and kao kao powder, you might speed up your cure. Anything you can tell me will help.

Take care.

Godbolt Zillius
From Elysia

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 05-20-2003 at 11:46 PM.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 05:01 AM   #4
ACStrider
High School JV

Today would be tedious to most of you. I decided to venture back to Elysia. It is so nice to walk the streets and not receive the scorn of the guards and government officials. I find it ironic that the city says that their reason for going to war is because the poor are overcrouded and hungry due to us elves. If that were the case, then I would have expected to see the poor be the most vocal. Strange how they seem to be the most accepting of me.

In Elysia I did a lot of exploring. I familiarized myself with the town and determined that I ought to adopt a religion while I was here. The order of Dru 'El appeals to me but I'm still not convinced. I did run some errands for the temple there and uncovered the truth that a cleric of the temple of O'Ma is in fact a spy consorting with the evil Titianian fairies! I tried to bring him into custody but he refused and summoned a dire wolf in order that he may attack me. I was forced to kill him and the dire wolf, but the revelation prompted me to try and make my way to the council. I spent the day running errands for council members in order that I might get their signatures and gain access to the keep.

After I had acquired enough signatures, I entered the Champion's Castle area and was given approval only to find that the door was locked. Grr...I will have to wait another day.
Old 05-22-2003, 12:41 AM   #5
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Thomkal:

I have good news and bad news. The good news: I have found the leader of the AKN guild (alchemy) and am now a member. Also, I have made contact with someone that will be giving me the brownsmoke half of the cure tomorrow night.

The bad news: The bloodfury crystals are going to be a bitch to get. I don't think I'm strong enough to do it alone. Also, I can't find that dwarf for the life of me. Hunted up and down Elysia for him, but no luck. If there is an alternate cure, he's the only one that knows, and I can't find him.

I made another trip to the Fairy Garden tonight. Less eventful than the last time, as there was only one close call with death. Elvish guards attacked me as I tried to sneak by them. Got peppered with arrows before escaping back into Elysia.

Alchemy is proceeding well. I have not yet blown myself up. Actually made a bottle of Orcish Apple Cider that wasn't half bad. Got a Potion of Cure Light Wounds to work, too. Even managed to make some brownsmoke once. Things kind of fell apart after I accidentally drank a bottle of grainshots, though.

No word from the two people you mentioned. I will keep my ears open.

Later,
Godbolt Zillius
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote