Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-07-2004, 09:27 AM   #1
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Question about Super Bowl futures wagering (wsex.com in particular)

So I am looking at wsex DOT com and see what look like some attractive futures contracts for Super Bowl teams. As someone who has no idea what he is doing in this arena, I thought that it might be interesting to speculate in the market with a small amount of cash--partly for the educational benefit, and partly to see how much I enjoy it.

My questions concern the outfit. First, does anyone know if wsex is legitimate (at least--legitimate for offshore sports gambling sites)? Second--how easily will I be able to sell my contracts (if/when) they go up. Ideally, I'd like to buy a couple of darkhorse teams and sell them (when/if) they go up. Will there be buyers when I choose to make such a sale, or is the market for wsex futures contracts not liquid enough?

Third, and most importantly, these contracts strike me as interesting. However, if they fall into the class of "only complete and total suckers would ever speculate in this area," I guess that I'd like to know that, too.

Thanks, etc. in advance.

albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 10:36 AM   #2
TLK
Pro Starter

I'm also looking for a reputable sports gambling site for the upcoming football season.... a friend passed this site on to me, but who knows if you can trust it...

hxxp://www.osga.com
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 11:14 AM   #3
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight
So I am looking at wsex DOT com and see what look like some attractive futures contracts for Super Bowl teams. As someone who has no idea what he is doing in this arena, I thought that it might be interesting to speculate in the market with a small amount of cash--partly for the educational benefit, and partly to see how much I enjoy it.

My questions concern the outfit. First, does anyone know if wsex is legitimate (at least--legitimate for offshore sports gambling sites)? Second--how easily will I be able to sell my contracts (if/when) they go up. Ideally, I'd like to buy a couple of darkhorse teams and sell them (when/if) they go up. Will there be buyers when I choose to make such a sale, or is the market for wsex futures contracts not liquid enough?

Third, and most importantly, these contracts strike me as interesting. However, if they fall into the class of "only complete and total suckers would ever speculate in this area," I guess that I'd like to know that, too.

Thanks, etc. in advance.

I've never used WSEX but i do know from fellow gamblers that they have a good reputation. You shouldn't have any problems with them.

I personaly use thegreek.com, but there are lots of good sites, i'm just comfortable with them so I dont go anywhere else.

As far as futures, i can't help ya much there, since ive never used the site i don't know much about how they work, but i assume that if you buy the saints for $3 and they start off 7-0 you should be able to make a decent penny.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 11:45 AM   #4
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

caribsports.com is pretty good, especially when it comes to paying out, etc. Also try betonsports.com.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08

Last edited by gottimd : 09-07-2004 at 02:24 PM.
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 01:54 PM   #5
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

FYI: gottimd, you may want to de-link the link that you posted. Some netsnooping programs may not like links to gambling sites.
Old 09-08-2004, 06:29 PM   #6
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Bodog has been great to me. Easiest site to move money in and out of. The webaddress is the obvious bodog dot com
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 08:11 AM   #7
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

so I guess no one ever really addressed futures wagering, huh?

I was kind of interested myself.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 08:17 AM   #8
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
so I guess no one ever really addressed futures wagering, huh?

I was kind of interested myself.

Not that I can see. A couple of those look interesting to me (Houston and Buffalo). I could see both of those teams making enough noise that their value would go up, but I am hesitant to put my $$ up on something that I may or may not be able to sell when the price is right.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:06 AM   #10
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
A couple of those look interesting to me (Houston and Buffalo). I could see both of those teams making enough noise that their value would go up . . .

Happily for me, I was all set to do this when I reminded myself--"you suck at sports betting." So I didn't do it. After week 1, it looks like the right call.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:53 AM   #11
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I wanted the Jets. They have a great shot at opening VERY well before a collapse at the end of the year.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 11:45 AM   #12
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
--partly for the educational benefit, and partly to see how much I enjoy it.

I've been doing the same with European animal sex sites. Extremely educational.

Last edited by Desnudo : 09-16-2004 at 11:46 AM.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote