Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-28-2003, 02:56 PM   #1
RonnieDobbs
High School JV

'Skins add Canidate

The Redskins got Trung Canidate for a fourth rounder and a stiff of an offensive lineman. Canidate will fit in beautifully as he's just what the ol' ball coach was looking for: a speedy back. And that we got him for next to nothing is just the icing.

Plus, Pasquarelli says we're closing in on Randy Thomas and Dave Fiori. Maybe Spurrier is actually learning a few things?

Proud Manager of the BOSTON WYCKYD SCEPTRE
Also attempting to Right The Ship with the Clippers

RonnieDobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 03:00 PM   #2
scooper
College Benchwarmer

According to KFFL, they've signed Fiori.
scooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 03:01 PM   #3
primelord
Pro Rookie

Being a Rams fan I will enjoy watching Trung put the ball on the ground multiple times a game for the Skins instead of the Rams.

Actually though I hoe Canidate does well. I always liked him, but it was clear he wasn't going to get any playing time in St. Louis sitting behind Faulk and Gordon. He is very fast, but he has a severe problem with fumbling the ball and he has problmes being patient waiting for a hole to open up.
Old 02-28-2003, 03:20 PM   #4
Kodos
Resident Alien

Smile

Trung did okay for me in FF a couple seasons ago when Faulk was hurt.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 03:21 PM   #5
Kodos
Resident Alien

P.S. A funner title for this thread would have been "Canidate goes to Washington."

Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 03:33 PM   #6
TLK
Pro Starter

Lions | Bly Visiting - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
13:31 PT: John Clayton reports for ESPN.com the Detroit Lions have contacted free agent CB Dre' Bly (Rams). They arranged for a quick visit Friday and possibly a quick signing. Bly was scheduled to arrive in Detroit Friday afternoon accompanied by his wife. Agent Brantley Evans starting working on a deal that could get done before the end of Friday.

Now this gets me excited.....

TLK
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 03:39 PM   #7
primelord
Pro Rookie

First the Lions overpay for Hakim and now they are going to overpay for Bly. Nice.

The Rams are going to be hurting in the secondary without Bly, but he just isn't worth the money he is asking for. He is a solid cover corner back, but he doesn't tackle well and takes too many gambles. He lucked out coming up a free agent in a year where there are no other decent CB's though.
Old 02-28-2003, 03:51 PM   #8
TLK
Pro Starter

Reports the Lions are also close to signing Mike Peterson from the Colts. Any Colt fans care to give a scouting report.

I hope they're not overpaying for these guys, you'd think they'd learn from last season. After these two, if they happen, I hope they take the 2001 New England strategy and become extremely passive till the end and then clean up with some bargains.

TLK
Old 02-28-2003, 04:06 PM   #9
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The Redskins got Trung Canidate for a fourth rounder and a stiff of an offensive lineman. Canidate will fit in beautifully as he's just what the ol' ball coach was looking for: a speedy back. And that we got him for next to nothing is just the icing.

Yeah, he's done so well in St. Louis. He's lazy and tries to do his own thing instead of what the coach wants him to do. He's had a few good games, but he could have been more to the Rams.

Maybe he'll do better in Washington, but I doubt it.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 04:17 PM   #10
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I couldn't believe they drafted Trung in the first place. Wasn't it the next year the defense was awful? Then they had to use 3 first rounders to shore it up? I wish that the Trung pick would have went to a defender then.
Old 02-28-2003, 04:26 PM   #11
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Are you saying Martz can't draft? Are you suggesting Charlie Army should have FULL control over player selection again?

I hope Martz takes a back seat in this years draft, but for some reason I don't think he will.

Todd
Old 02-28-2003, 04:27 PM   #12
Poli
FOFC Survivor

At least he's not Jim Mora.
Old 02-28-2003, 04:33 PM   #13
JeeberD
General Manager

Cowboys re-signed Flozell Adams. Hmmm....

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 04:36 PM   #14
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by ardent enthusiast
At least he's not Jim Mora.

Todd
Old 02-28-2003, 04:36 PM   #15
primelord
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by ardent enthusiast
I couldn't believe they drafted Trung in the first place. Wasn't it the next year the defense was awful? Then they had to use 3 first rounders to shore it up? I wish that the Trung pick would have went to a defender then.

Well I don't know that it was all that bad of a pick. They didn't have a good backup for Marshall and being it was the last pick the first round it's not like there were a ton of high quality players on the board.

Although Mike Brown was still on the board and that would have been a nice pick.
primelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 04:41 PM   #16
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

ESPN is reporting Randy Thomas has signed with Washingont. As a Jet fan, it really pisses me off that he didn't wait even one day before heading out of town .....
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 04:43 PM   #17
primelord
Pro Rookie

You know you can do this with almost any draft, but looking back on it had the Rams picked Mike Brown instead of Trung Candidate. Then they obviously wouldn't have picked Archuelta the next year. Instead they could have taken Kendrell Bell. They would have been much better off at this point if that had happened.
Old 02-28-2003, 05:11 PM   #18
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by JeeberD
Cowboys re-signed Flozell Adams. Hmmm....

Ole
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 05:33 PM   #19
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Yeah, I know you can do that with almost any draft...but I seriously turned my head in disgust when they took Canidate at the end of the round...albeit. Trung just didn't make a whole lot of sense to me, and I'm glad he's gone. I was one happy camper when we got Lamar Gordon.
Old 02-28-2003, 07:41 PM   #20
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by primelord
You know you can do this with almost any draft, but looking back on it had the Rams picked Mike Brown instead of Trung Candidate. Then they obviously wouldn't have picked Archuelta the next year. Instead they could have taken Kendrell Bell. They would have been much better off at this point if that had happened.

Stop it!

I would have loved to have seen Kendrell Bell in a Rams uniform.

Todd
Old 02-28-2003, 08:03 PM   #21
primelord
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by MizzouRah
Stop it!

I would have loved to have seen Kendrell Bell in a Rams uniform.

Todd

Well then if you think about it. With Bell there would have been no reason to draft Robert Thomas and they could have drafted Deuce McAllister.

So in essence they took Canidate, Archuleta, and Thomas over Brown, Bell, and McAllister.
primelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 10:13 PM   #22
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I think alot of that had to do with Martz. Charlie Army was going to leave this year and I hope Martz told him he would make the draft decisions.

I think this year would have been different with the latter players.

Todd
Old 03-01-2003, 01:55 PM   #23
TLK
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by primelord
First the Lions overpay for Hakim and now they are going to overpay for Bly. Nice.

The Rams are going to be hurting in the secondary without Bly, but he just isn't worth the money he is asking for. He is a solid cover corner back, but he doesn't tackle well and takes too many gambles. He lucked out coming up a free agent in a year where there are no other decent CB's though.

Bly ended up signing for 5 years, $24.5 million dollers. Overpaid, yes, but I think it does show a small comittment to winning. Besides, how else are you gonna get somebody to play for the Lions.

TLK
Old 03-01-2003, 02:07 PM   #24
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I wasn't big on Bly either. He's from the Hampton Roads area, and as Fritz could attest the local sports station adores him. He made a lot of mistakes and I could definitely part with him.