Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-05-2004, 11:07 PM   #1
MikeVic
Head Coach

'Melo?

I don't know what to say... how trustworthy is this site anyway? Anyone know?

hxxp://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/3967329/detail.html#121

MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 11:15 PM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I don't know how trustworthy that site is, but I saw this either on ESPN or my local sports news show in New Orleans. He definitely was on this drug video. He claims it was "without his knowledge." I hadn't heard anything about him throwing his medal into the lake. Actually, I think it was on PTI that I saw this mentioned.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 11:21 PM   #3
TLK
Pro Starter

I thought this would be the big story out of Denver this weekend:

Quote:
Rockies' Neagle cited

Lakewood police allege pitcher paid woman for sex

By Brian D. Crecente and Hector Gutierrez, Rocky Mountain News
December 4, 2004

Colorado Rockies oft-injured pitcher Denny Neagle was arrested early Friday after police say he paid a prostitute $40 for oral sex on Colfax Avenue.

Neagle, 36, of Morrison, told Lakewood police he was "being stupid," according to a police report.

"This is an extremely serious allegation against Denny Neagle, and we are continuing to gather all information about it," said Rockies team President Keli McGregor.

"While we are saddened by the circumstances surrounding Denny Neagle, our organization has and will continue to place great emphasis on character and accountability."

Police started following Neagle about 1:30 a.m. Friday after spotting him speeding in a white Cadillac Escalade across West Colfax Avenue on Ames Street near the Denver city line. An officer followed the SUV to West 14th Avenue, where he approached Neagle's car.

Neagle's eyes were watery and bloodshot, and he smelled of alcohol, according to the report.

When Neagle reached for his wallet, the officer noticed the pitcher's belt was undone.

When asked why it was unbuckled, Neagle told the officer he was just getting comfortable.

But the woman who was in the car with Neagle, Jill Russell, 40, told police that she had performed oral sex on him for $40. She was issued a summons for prostitution.

Neagle then admitted that he was in the area looking for sex, according to the police report.

Police ticketed Neagle for solicitation of prostitution, seized his $40 as evidence and explained his upcoming court date, to which Neagle responded:

"OK."

He was not arrested for drunken driving.

Neagle and his Chicago-based agent, Barry Meister, were unavailable for comment Friday.

This isn't Neagle's first run-in with the law. In October 2003, Neagle was cited for drunken driving after his Hummer hit another vehicle near West Alameda Avenue and South Kipling Street. He later pleaded guilty to driving while ability impaired.

The Jefferson County district attorney dismissed counts of DUI and careless driving.

Neagle was ordered to serve 40 hours of community service and sentenced to 90 days in jail, which was suspended. He also had to pay a $200 fine and court costs.

The Rockies signed Neagle to a five-year free agent contract in December 2000. His 2005 salary is $10 million, which jumps up to $12.5 million, with a $9 million buyout, in 2006.

He had reconstructive surgery on his left elbow in July 2003 and surgery for a torn left labrum in June 2004.

According to the 2004 Rockies Media Guide, Neagle and his wife, Jennifer, have a 4-year-old son. He has received numerous humanitarian awards, including the 2001 Rockies Good Guy Award.

What do Denny Neagle and Hugh Grant have in common?
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 11:21 PM   #4
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Does anyone still want to make a claim that Melo is as good as/should have went ahead of Lebron in the draft?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 11:22 PM   #5
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I thought the part about Neagle getting busted in his Hummer previously was UIC, when the article about a blow job.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 08:04 AM   #6
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
Does anyone still want to make a claim that Melo is as good as/should have went ahead of Lebron in the draft?

I think people were not so much saying he should have gone ahead of LeBron, but Darko, and yes, everyone wants to make that as much as ever. I watched Denver without Melo last week, and they would be the worst team in the league without him. Every win they get is because of him.

He is definitely turning into a punk, but that has nothing to do with his on-court play.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:09 AM   #7
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLionKing
I thought this would be the big story out of Denver this weekend:

What do Denny Neagle and Hugh Grant have in common?

Ah, good old Colfax Avenue...

Oh, and heard about the Melo thing on PTI as well, and agree with what Eaglesfan27 said he heard...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

Last edited by JeeberD : 12-06-2004 at 10:09 AM.
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote