Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-13-2003, 03:01 PM   #1
Easy Mac

Speakers no longer doing surround sound?

I unplugged by 5.1 surround speakers from my computer last night to use them with something else, and now when I plug them into the speaker ports (Mine go through the line in and speaker out ports), I can't get surround sound. Anyone know why? Its really pissing me off, because I use my computer for movies, and now there is no point.

It uses all four speakers if I only plug in one plug into the computer and the speakers (but not surround, just normal sound), but when I plug in both parts to the computer and speakers, it only comes out of either the front or back (depending on which one is plugged into the speaker ports).

I don't wan't to buy a sound card, because I paid to have good onboard sound (its got all the other connections, SPIDF, digital...) and the cards I can afford don't have all of this.

Any ideas why?

Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 03:13 PM   #2
Calis
College Starter

You know, I've had this same exact problem with my speakers.

What sound card do you have?

Actually glad to see I'm not alone with this problem.

EDIT: I should learn to read, see you said onboard..hmm, not what I'm using then, damn.

Last edited by Calis : 12-13-2003 at 03:14 PM.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 03:30 PM   #3
Easy Mac

ok fixed, that only took a little over an hour.

Seems I had to change some settings in my Nvidia Soundware thing... even though the settings I had it on worked fine earlier.... whatever.

Maybe I'll just my 2 speakers and sub for playing X-box.

AND NOTE TO ALL: Reading manuals may be for women, but they really help in making sure things are set up correctly.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 04:53 PM   #4
Dutch
"Dutch"

I have these Altec Lansing 200W babies on my computer that I just received from a friend. THe problem is there is no volume control and everytime the sound card drivers and services are halted (at shutdown) or before they take effect (at startup) they wake up the whole house with a nice loud 200W POP! It sucks, and the only way to avoid it is to power it off (pain in the ass) or disconnect it from my Audigy sound car (likewise, pain in the ass). Where the hell is the volume control at???? Oh well, they were free...
Dutch is online now   Reply With Quote