Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-10-2003, 02:31 PM   #1
Travis
Pro Rookie

Nostalgia

Gotta love those days where you're completely bored, and end up finding things you did a long time ago? Blade and I used to be qutie avid dyansty makers (mine more of the dull and boring kind), but going back and reading through them, it's amazing how quickly I can remember getting into the TCY recruiting classes, and how much I wanted some of those players to succeed.

Case in point was my first 'good' recruit who came to North Carolina State, ILB Oscar Payne, he graduated with 468 tackles, 125 assists, 48.0 sacks, 10 interceptions, 118 tackles for loss, 39 passes defensed, 32 QB hurries, 8 fumbles forced.

Loved that guy, favorite defensive player I've ever had in any dynasty I've done. Then, a few years later, in his last season with the team, RB Charlie Fisher rushes for 2251 yards on 404 carries and scores 26 touchdowns with another 537 yards receiving on an even 50 catches with another TD in there, and doesn't win the Heisman, yes, I can still taste the bitterness that left behind.

Yes, it's probably childish and petty, but the memories are more than worth the money it cost for the game. Now I just need to get the extra money to get the new FOF so I can continue some of these guys on (if I can ever find the draft files )

Travis is offline   Reply With Quote