Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-03-2006, 06:15 AM   #1
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

FOF Player Ratings Question

Maybe I missed the topic in the Sticky thread, but what I was trying to find out is what are the key ratings by position that everybody looks at when deciding on if he fits your scheme? I know it is a vague question, but for instance, in a WILB do you look for high Run stopping ratings, and for a G Pass Blocking and Blocking strength?
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08

gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 03:31 PM   #2
MIJB#19
Coordinator

To each their own, I think. Personally I only make these looks for some positions. For example, I want my CBs to be as good as possible in the pass defense scheme I run most, no matter what the other skill bars are. Sure, interceptions can help, hart hitting helps, supporting the run and being able to play all day helps, but first the one bar of the pas defense scheme I like has to be high.

On the OL, I tried to run with pass protecting tackles and run blocking interior linemen, but that doesn't seem to always work. But others try to assemble run blockers all over the line for their run-oriented teams, and then there are those who play pass happy and try to find pass protection experts.

It's a lame answer, but in the end I think there's no real key rating per position. If i had to mention a few key ratings, it would probably be route running for your best receiver, to make sure your best guy gets the most looks, pass protection for your LT, pass rush technique for your DEs, run stopping for the DTs and MLB/ILBs and a bit for the SS, your main pass defense coverage (Man to man, Zone, Bump and run) for the secondary, especially the cornerbacks and free safety. Hole recognition seems to be important for running backs, but having a Jerome Bettis like third down and power inside expert for short yardage situations can do miracles too.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote