Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-07-2024, 04:50 PM   #551
RainMaker
General Manager

Yeah, I guess losing weight too fast might give you some saggy skin. For the butt, these work amazing.

RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 05:13 PM   #552
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Dr. Mike! He makes me laugh.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 05:15 PM   #553
Jas_lov
College Starter

So if you stop using Ozempic do you start gaining the weight back? Are you locked into taking it for life?
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 05:27 PM   #554
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
I just need to figure out a way not to be bored. That's literally the only reason I eat. If I could fix my boredom Id have no trouble losing weight. I focused for like 3 weeks, lost a little over 10 pound, but the boredom came back and I put it all back in about a month.

Like when we were on vacation i only ate twice a day, not a ton, and because I was busy I didn't just randomly snack. Even walking almost 20k steps a day my bod was like, you're fine. I just can't figure out how to not sit/stand at my desk and randomly mosey to the kitchen for something.

I feel ya. That's the hardest hurdle to get over in my opinion. It's not that you're bored, it's that you've spent years and years in this routine. To say it was a conscious decision for me would be wrong, it was an instinct. Walk by the kitchen and grab a cookie. Watch a game on TV and grab some chips.

When I was cutting, I would notice me grabbing a cookie or something without even thinking about it. Just a "why did I just do that? I wasn't even hungry".

All I can say is over time, you'll get over it. Just as you built a routine to eat while bored, you'll eventually build a routine to not eat while bored.
Old 05-07-2024, 05:39 PM   #555
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
So if you stop using Ozempic do you start gaining the weight back? Are you locked into taking it for life?

More or less, yes. People who go off tend to gain the weight back.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 10:14 AM   #556
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Alright, I will admit it. Down 30 pounds since January with Ozempic. I finally know what it feels like to be full and leave food on the plate.

Down 50 pounds since last October'ish also with Ozempic, and I agree, understanding what it feels like to feel full and stop eating is a new sensation, it's pretty neat.

I'm also on Ozempic for blood sugar control, the weight loss has just been a nice side effect. I've actually been on it for a couple years, initially it was helping with my blood sugar but I wasn't losing any weight. I kicked the sodas in October (again), and the weight started flying off. It seems to have stopped for now, I'm 6'4" and currently at 260 pounds.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 10:27 AM   #557
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I feel ya. That's the hardest hurdle to get over in my opinion. It's not that you're bored, it's that you've spent years and years in this routine. To say it was a conscious decision for me would be wrong, it was an instinct. Walk by the kitchen and grab a cookie. Watch a game on TV and grab some chips.

When I was cutting, I would notice me grabbing a cookie or something without even thinking about it. Just a "why did I just do that? I wasn't even hungry".

All I can say is over time, you'll get over it. Just as you built a routine to eat while bored, you'll eventually build a routine to not eat while bored.

This I agree with. I joined Fight Camp and boxing/kickboxing 20-30 minutes a day has really helped. Instead of going right to the computer to veg after work, I workout immediately, then weightlift briefly, shower and then it's dinnertime. Mainly after that, I play with the kids or read or veg but I've taken away snack time.

I also snack differently and no dessert. Dessert for me is like a cup of yogurt.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 11:54 AM   #558
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I ended up, skipping over Ozempic/wegovey because my insurance wasn’t going to cover either one. So I started with Zepbound, which is super expensive without insurance. I gotta say the reaction was almost immediate, I dropped something like 15 to 20 pounds in the first two weeks. You can obviously tell it’s working. Then when I went to refill my prescription, the nationwide shortage kicked in and so I couldn’t get the second dose which sucked. Now I am using some bootleg compounding pharmacy and it’s cheaper than the namebrand but you don’t have the auto injector pens anymore, which is pretty annoying. I’m getting a new job. Maybe that job will actually cover weight loss drugs. It’s just weird if you have the coverage it costs About 25 bucks a month, and if you don’t it’s over 1000, but there’s a manufacturer coupon that will take it down to $550. The thought that you would see some progress and then you couldn’t get your med re-upped is pretty freaking annoying and terrifying to think about what if you lost 1000s of dollars worth of progress. Trying to eat a lot better, but I can definitely quiet the food noise now which is nice.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 11:56 AM   #559
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I was never in a great place with food but ever since my dad died about 2 1/2 years ago I’ve been a pretty big mess.
Old 05-08-2024, 11:59 AM   #560
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I was never in a great place with food but ever since my dad died about 2 1/2 years ago I’ve been a pretty big mess.

It can be so hard. Stress and eating are intimately tied together. It makes sense that something that traumatic would affect your diet to such a degree.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 12:40 PM   #561
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Down 50 pounds since last October'ish also with Ozempic, and I agree, understanding what it feels like to feel full and stop eating is a new sensation, it's pretty neat.

I'm also on Ozempic for blood sugar control, the weight loss has just been a nice side effect. I've actually been on it for a couple years, initially it was helping with my blood sugar but I wasn't losing any weight. I kicked the sodas in October (again), and the weight started flying off. It seems to have stopped for now, I'm 6'4" and currently at 260 pounds.
The difference really is crazy. I have never been much of a snacker, and don't really have a serious sweet tooth. My problem has always been portion control. Having food in front of you and not finishing it just because it was there was just weird to me. The difference has been amazing.
I do wonder if you have the same issue as I do. Since I don't get hungry unless I really need food, and I know I am not going to eat very much of whatever I do eat, I have the hardest time deciding what to eat. I don't want to eat garbage calories because I need everything I eat to count toward nutrition, but there isn't a whole lot you can grab and go that is heavy in nutrients. I tried doing a big raw veggie thing, where I prepped a bunch of vegetables over the weekend for quick snacks. The problem with that was 1) Not a lot of calories in those even though they filled up my stomach, and 2) that's when my Crohn's went nuts and learned I had to stay away from most raw vegetables.

What are you snacking on?
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 09:09 PM   #562
Edward64
Head Coach

I hinted at it with my GP but he said I don’t need/qualify, he won’t prescribe ozempic.

So had to do it with regular dieting … and hunger pangs.

Was it easy for you guys to get the prescription?
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 11:38 PM   #563
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I hinted at it with my GP but he said I don’t need/qualify, he won’t prescribe ozempic.

So had to do it with regular dieting … and hunger pangs.

If you’re paying cash, you can get whatever you need via Teladoc
Old 05-09-2024, 03:46 AM   #564
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
If you’re paying cash, you can get whatever you need via Teladoc

Hmmm. Can you share your process?

From what I've read so far, Teladoc still needs you to get a prescription from your doctor first, and then they'll start filling your prescriptions.
Old 05-09-2024, 06:22 AM   #565
GrantDawg

Quote:

From what I've read so far, Teladoc still needs you to get a prescription from your doctor first, and then they'll start filling your prescriptions.
I don't know about Teladoc, but there are a number of online companies that sell Ozempic and versions of it that offer free online medical consultations to get the prescription. That crap is sketchy to me, but they do it for this just like they do it for boner pills and hair-loss meds.
Old 05-09-2024, 08:50 AM   #566
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

I'm diabetic so the main focus of Ozempic for me is blood sugar control, the weight loss has just been a nice bonus. But yeah, since I'm diabetic it was easy for me to get.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 02:21 PM   #567
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Generally -

Ozempic(semaglutide) is for diabetics and it’s often covered by their insurance so unless you actually need that specifically, it should be left alone for them. Wegovy is the same active ingredient prescribed for weight loss. Often times drug coverages don’t work for weight loss so you’re paying 100% out of pocket or getting a manufacturer’s coupon.

Mounjaro(Tirzepatide)is a completely different drug but is similar to Ozempic whereas it might be covered by insurance for diabetics. The weight loss version , Zepbound is reportedly more effective for weight loss than Ozempic/Wegovy.

Zepbound is in short supply right now but a manufacturer coupon takes it down to $550 a month.

There aren’t generics for any of these drugs but you can find them compounded online through a variety of quasi legal sources. I couldn’t get the second dose of Zepbound (5.0mg) from my pharmacy so I had to alternative source Tirzepatide from Reddit. I’d much prefer the name brand as it’s packaged in auto injector pens. Hopefully supply levels come back soon.

If your doctor won’t write you a script for Zepbound or Wegovy, especially if you have an elevated BMI, find a new doctor.
Old 05-09-2024, 02:21 PM   #568
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I just meant generic telemed, didn’t realize teladoc was a brand.
Old 05-09-2024, 02:29 PM   #569
RainMaker
General Manager

If anyone is looking for food that is incredibly low in calories but filling, I highly recommend shirataki noodles. You can buy them online or at Asian grocery stores (noticed some big chains now carry them too). It's like 5 calories total and I make it with chicken broth. You have to rinse them first and let them soak in the broth for awhile but it comes out just like ramen (maybe a little rubbery). But it's a pretty good way to fill yourself up for like 30 calories when including the broth.
Old 05-09-2024, 03:00 PM   #570
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The Atkins shakes are tasty and decent at meal replacement and are fairly reasonable on amazon(17$ish for 12). Milk Chocolate delight and Cafe Caramel are my faves.

I’ll have to try those noodles out. Ordered some from Amazon.
Old 05-09-2024, 03:03 PM   #571
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If anyone is looking for food that is incredibly low in calories but filling, I highly recommend shirataki noodles. You can buy them online or at Asian grocery stores (noticed some big chains now carry them too). It's like 5 calories total and I make it with chicken broth. You have to rinse them first and let them soak in the broth for awhile but it comes out just like ramen (maybe a little rubbery). But it's a pretty good way to fill yourself up for like 30 calories when including the broth.

I think I'll try this today, it looks like my local krogers has it. I'll probably follow your recipe and may throw in some canned mixed vegetables.
Old 05-09-2024, 03:13 PM   #572
RainMaker
General Manager

Make sure you rinse them thoroughly. It kind of comes in a slimy goo that sometimes has a weird smell. And I let them simmer in chicken broth for at least 20 minutes. Tossing in veggies is a good idea, I usually throw in some carrots.
Old 05-09-2024, 10:42 PM   #573
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I actually have a prescription for my doctor, but I couldn’t get it filled. I went through this company called emerge weight loss that had some decent feedback on Reddit. I just bought the strength that I needed and had to do a brief consultation with a doctor via text and then they got me a prescription and sent it out to a compounding pharmacy filled the prescription and mailed it to me. I think First month is about $290 or something like that and then it’s about $350 for the month cause you step up to 5.0 from 2.5. But you’re also measuring this shit with needles and injecting yourself whereas the namebrand Zepbound is much more streamlined. It comes in a pen which you just kinda push in your side and inject. There’s a bunch of other online weight loss, places that do the same thing and might even be cheaper than the one I went with. I would recommend talking to an actual doctor though, but if you already get started and then you can’t Namebrand because it’s shortage you gotta do what you gotta do.
Old 05-10-2024, 03:40 AM   #574
Edward64
Head Coach

Thanks everyone for sharing. I've gotten to my target weight by regular dieting but was thinking about another "easy" 5-10 pounds. But my GP wasn't going to give me a prescription before and I'm pretty sure he won't give me a prescription now.

FWIW on dieting food.

Progresso 130 calorie Chicken Noodle Soup is one of my standbys. I'd tried oatmeal and other stuff for breakfast but found their "umami" lacking. If I was dieting, I want all the flavor I can get.

There's a 70 per slice, whole grain "Dave's killer bread" that we bought. Thinner slices but more macros than processed white/wheat bread. That with a little peanut butter was a nice snack.

Dieting does funny things to your bowel movement. There was a point where I was eating a green salad with every meal and you'd think that was enough for regular movement but it wasn't. I tried Metamucil and, surprisingly, did not work well. Raisin Bran Crunch did wonders for me even though Metamucil had more fiber content. Not sure why.
Old 05-10-2024, 06:30 AM   #575
GrantDawg

Metamucil cookies are a game changer. They are actually pretty tasty.
Old 05-10-2024, 06:45 AM   #576
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
I'd tried oatmeal and other stuff for breakfast but found their "umami" lacking. If I was dieting, I want all the flavor I can get

For umami, I add a spoonful of this stuff to a lot of what I eat: Amazon.com: Chu Hou Paste (8.5 ounce) : Electronics

It gives things a really layered complex flavor
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 08:45 AM   #577
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
For umami, I add a spoonful of this stuff to a lot of what I eat: Amazon.com: Chu Hou Paste (8.5 ounce) : Electronics

It gives things a really layered complex flavor

Thanks. I've seen the brand at the local Asian grocery but not that specific paste. Will keep my eye out for it next time.
Old 05-10-2024, 03:33 PM   #578
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Thanks everyone for sharing. I've gotten to my target weight by regular dieting but was thinking about another "easy" 5-10 pounds. But my GP wasn't going to give me a prescription before and I'm pretty sure he won't give me a prescription now.

FWIW on dieting food.

Progresso 130 calorie Chicken Noodle Soup is one of my standbys. I'd tried oatmeal and other stuff for breakfast but found their "umami" lacking. If I was dieting, I want all the flavor I can get.

There's a 70 per slice, whole grain "Dave's killer bread" that we bought. Thinner slices but more macros than processed white/wheat bread. That with a little peanut butter was a nice snack.

Dieting does funny things to your bowel movement. There was a point where I was eating a green salad with every meal and you'd think that was enough for regular movement but it wasn't. I tried Metamucil and, surprisingly, did not work well. Raisin Bran Crunch did wonders for me even though Metamucil had more fiber content. Not sure why.

Progresso light soups are the best. I love that Chicken Noodle but they make a pot roast one that's 150 calories. They used to have a huge selection of light soups that included a broccoli and cheese but I haven't been able to find them lately.

If you're still shopping for bread, I'd give keto bread a shot. Look at these macros. The consistency is a little different from regular bread, but I usually just use it for sandwiches and toast so it doesn't matter.

Healthy Life KETO Bread - Lewis Bake Shop
Old 05-16-2024, 12:55 PM   #579
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Make sure you rinse them thoroughly. It kind of comes in a slimy goo that sometimes has a weird smell. And I let them simmer in chicken broth for at least 20 minutes. Tossing in veggies is a good idea, I usually throw in some carrots.

Ok so I tried these. Rinsed well as per suggestion. Heated up a bit of olive oil and added some diced onions and garlic. Let that brown and threw in the noodles. Let them brown up a bit and then added some thinly sliced (leftover) steak, green onions, broccoli and beef stock. Let that simmer about 10 minutes or so. It was pretty decent. Maybe needed to go longer on the simmer before adding the steak slices. I bought some random value pack of the noodles so one pack was like ramen and the other was ramen type but knotted up. I liked it, maybe will experiment more. Looks like I have some rice type in the box too. Will try to make a lightly fried rice.