Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-06-2007, 07:46 PM   #1
wade moore
lolzcat

NFL Week 14

Blah.

When thsi whole NFL Network thing got going I wasn't THAT concerned because I thought I would always get the Redskins game.

I was wrong.

This is utter crap and the NFL has no one to blame but themselves. I feel very strongly that this move is sending the NFL down a very bad path that could really hurt them.

Anyway... 0-0 game so far and neither offense seems to be doing much of anything. Apparently Rex went out with some kind of injury?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...

wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:49 PM   #2
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

So much clamoring for this week's "game", particularly compared with last week...

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:50 PM   #3
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
So much clamoring for this week's "game", particularly compared with last week...

SI

Hah... yeah, not a mass appeal to this game.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 12-06-2007, 07:57 PM   #4
Desmond
Banned

FYI, NFL.com is doing the hybrid live/studio thingy again. And it is horrid.
Desmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:01 PM   #5
wade moore
lolzcat

Yeah, I had it on for a few minutes and it's crap.

I turned on the stream of the ever decreasing in quality Redskins Radio.

Quote:
Old 12-06-2007, 08:02 PM   #6
wade moore
lolzcat

Dola: Which apparnetly is quite a few plays behind, at least was earlier, because when I had nfl.com's gamecast thing up it was a few plays ahead.

Quote:
Old 12-06-2007, 08:06 PM   #7
Desmond
Banned

Grossman is out, and it didn't look good. Leg got hit from the side and rolled up on.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:13 PM   #8
Desmond
Banned

I must also applaud the fact that the box score on the gamecast does not in fact show you who has possesion. Top notch.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:17 PM   #9
Desmond
Banned

Looks like Campbell just injured his arm.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:26 PM   #10
wade moore
lolzcat

ugh. Campbell was just starting to come into his own. I hope it's not serious.

Quote:
Old 12-06-2007, 08:29 PM   #11
wade moore
lolzcat

UGH...

He comes back in and now it sounds like a potentially serious knee injury.

Quote:
Old 12-06-2007, 08:35 PM   #12
Desmond
Banned

The online coverage has had more injury footage than actual game time I think.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:38 PM   #13
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I think Campbell either tore his MCL or ACL. It looked fuckin horrible. Not theismann bad though.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:39 PM   #14
wade moore
lolzcat

blah, terrible to hear - but thanks for the explanation for those of us without the video .

Quote:
Old 12-06-2007, 08:40 PM   #15
stevew
Hall Of Famer

basically, he was planting to throw, got hit, and the one leg didn't really have a natural looking motion as he went down.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:41 PM   #16
wade moore
lolzcat

yeah.. sounds like a classic Ligament tear...

*sigh*..

Quote:
Old 12-06-2007, 08:42 PM   #17
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Greise with a horrendous throw.....should have been a pick 6 if Springs wasn't 40 years old.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:44 PM   #18
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Todd Collins with his first TD pass in like 3 years. Cooley's also hurt apparently.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:44 PM   #19
stevew
Hall Of Famer

1st td since 2002 for collins

Last edited by stevew : 12-06-2007 at 08:45 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:46 PM   #20
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Shawn Springs looks like Champ Bailey out there.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:49 PM   #21
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Orton.

Please.

Dear god.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:08 PM   #22
stevew
Hall Of Famer

How does the patella tendon dislocate? That's what they say campbell has, anyways.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:21 PM   #23
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Greise really is who we thought he was. He misses a surefire TD cause he can't throw it over the head of the Smurflike London Fletcher.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:24 PM   #24
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

And here we have the bonafide low point of the season for Bears fans.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:28 PM   #25
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Tomlinson pitching Vizios is really funny to me...it's like the TV equivalent of the Chevy Cavalier.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:29 PM   #26
Desmond
Banned

I really hate to rant and rave, but this thing they're doing on NFL.com is such bullshit. Either show the game or don't. I can't imagine anyone who actually logged in wanting to watch the game is happy at all.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:30 PM   #27
Desmond
Banned

Dola. What happened to the annoying round man who was sitting in the middle? Did they yank him off?
Old 12-06-2007, 09:54 PM   #28
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
How does the patella tendon dislocate? That's what they say campbell has, anyways.

Geez, the hits keep on coming for the Redskins. :-\

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:35 PM   #29
Rizon
Pro Starter

I was able to watch some of the game at the gym. Campbell was in some serious pain after he went down, and he was down for quite some time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:18 AM   #30
rkmsuf
Head Coach

The NFL did us all a favor by not having this game widely available.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:48 AM   #31
miami_fan
Coordinator

Bears fans, welcome to the tankers club. You can get the top pick but if you work hard enough, you probably can keep yourself in the top ten.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:59 AM   #32
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Bears fans, welcome to the tankers club. You can get the top pick but if you work hard enough, you probably can keep yourself in the top ten.

Yeah, look at Angelo's track record with Top 10 picks. He does *so* well with them.

Bears fans can't even look forward to the draft. High 1st rounders for us are traditionally a clusterfuck (especiallly on offense).

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 12-07-2007 at 10:00 AM.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:04 AM   #33
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I totally forgot this game was being played on a Thursday until I read about it in the paper this morning.

Good job, NFL!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:22 AM   #34
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I'd be curious to know the ratings for the game .
Old 12-07-2007, 10:28 AM   #35
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

The best thing about this game being on Thursday is that I don't have to watch the Bears on Sunday.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:41 AM   #36
Jas_lov
College Starter

Yeah, these are the games that should be on NFL Network. Teams that nobody really cares about and teams that are downright terrible. Packers-Cowboys should have been moved to Sunday night or late Sunday afternoon so a national audience could see it. If Bears-Redskins was on Sunday night, it would have gotten lower ratings than Packers-Cowboys on NFL Network! At least the Redskins won because the Bears are terrible and I'm glad that they suck again.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:45 AM   #37
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Yeah, these are the games that should be on NFL Network. Teams that nobody really cares about and teams that are downright terrible. Packers-Cowboys should have been moved to Sunday night or late Sunday afternoon so a national audience could see it. If Bears-Redskins was on Sunday night, it would have gotten lower ratings than Packers-Cowboys on NFL Network! At least the Redskins won because the Bears are terrible and I'm glad that they suck again.

I don't know. I feel like I've seen plenty of the Cowboys this year already. I will probably find this to be even more so after they destroy the Lions on Sunday.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 12-07-2007, 10:55 AM   #38
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Campbell looks to be done for the season. Kneecap injuries make me cringe.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:05 AM   #39
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Campbell looks to be done for the season. Kneecap injuries make me cringe.

A guy on my flag football team got this injury in our game.

UGH.

He couldn't get out of bed for 2 weeks after the surgery.

Quote:
Old 12-07-2007, 01:02 PM   #40
Aylmar
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I totally forgot this game was being played on a Thursday until I read about it in the paper this morning.

Good job, NFL!

Is the suggestion here that you would have remembered this game if it had been on ESPN or FOX? Isn't it possible that it's the odd night that causes you to not know the game is on instead of the network carrying the game? Like if Sunday Night football was on NFLN, would you forget it was on just because of who supplies the feed? Or is the odd schedule that you're complaining about? There has been so much grousing about the NFL "killing themselves" of late I can't tell which complaint is which...

Last edited by Aylmar : 12-07-2007 at 01:03 PM.
Aylmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:04 PM   #41
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylmar View Post
Is the suggestion here that you would have remembered this game if it had been on ESPN or FOX? Isn't it possible that it's the odd night that causes you to not know the game is on instead of the network carrying the game? Like if Sunday Night football was on NFLN, would you forget it was on just because of who supplies the feed? How about a normal 1:00 Sunday kickoff?

how many f-ing commericals do you see on espn and fox. nobody on the planet forgets these things.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:07 PM   #42
Aylmar
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
how many f-ing commericals do you see on espn and fox. nobody on the planet forgets these things.

And we're conditioned for it. "It's Sunday night in December...there's an NFL game to watch." Thursday is still an odd thing to me...I haven't exactly locked it into my brain yet that Thursday nights after Thanksgiving are football nights.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:12 PM   #43
JeeberD
General Manager

What are you talking about? The NFL has been playing game on Thursday nights in the second half of the season for YEARS now.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:15 PM   #44
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
What are you talking about? The NFL has been playing game on Thursday nights in the second half of the season for YEARS now.

only for like a decade or so though. give it time.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:16 PM   #45
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Is the suggestion here that you would have remembered this game if it had been on ESPN or FOX? Isn't it possible that it's the odd night that causes you to not know the game is on instead of the network carrying the game? Like if Sunday Night football was on NFLN, would you forget it was on just because of who supplies the feed? Or is the odd schedule that you're complaining about? There has been so much grousing about the NFL "killing themselves" of late I can't tell which complaint is which...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post

The RKsmurf pretty much nailed it.

It's like hockey on Versus. I am a hockey fan, but other than watching the occassional game on Versus, I never watch that channel. Ever. I usually find out a game is on by flipping through the HD channels on a Monday night and seeing the game on. That's pretty much it.

I don't watch too much ESPN, outside of college football and Monday night football, but I always remembered about the Thursday night college football game because of ads on Saturday or Monday.

Now, if I had the NFL Network, I am pretty sure I would be much more in tune with its schedule and when the games would be on. Since I don't have it, I pay no real attention to it, so whatever game they are showing is totally out of my mind.

So, to clarify, my complaints are as follows:

1. I don't get the NFL Network, so I don't watch it, so I'm rarely reminded there is a game on.

2. Since I don't get the NFL Network, I pay no real attention to its programming, games or otherwise.

Not being able to see the game is one thing, but not even thinking about it is quite another.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:33 PM   #46
Aylmar
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post

Really? Not every Thursday. It was Thanksgiving and then Saturdays after college football wrapped. I checked a site with dates and times of every game listed for the last ten years. Last season was the first one where there was a Thursday night game played EVERY week after Thanksgiving (with the exception of week 17). They introduced this package of games for the NFL network. If you can find some evidence that contradicts this, I'll happily be corrected.

Here's my source:

http://www.supernfl.com/NFL.html
Old 12-07-2007, 01:44 PM   #47
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Having looked through the link that Aylmar posted, I'm starting to miss the days when the NFL had an odd number of teams and at least one team had a bye every week. Good times.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:51 PM   #48
Aylmar
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Having looked through the link that Aylmar posted, I'm starting to miss the days when the NFL had an odd number of teams and at least one team had a bye every week. Good times.

What about the '93 season? Everybody had TWO bye weeks. Now those were the days...
Old 12-07-2007, 01:52 PM   #49
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post

I miss the pumpy bye week.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:53 PM   #50
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
What about the '93 season? Everybody had TWO bye weeks. Now those were the days...
Yeah, the 18-week schedule was amazing, and they need to bring that shit back.