Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-15-2007, 09:02 AM   #1
saldana
Pro Starter

The Official Survivor: China discussion thread (spoilers possible)

usually i am amped for the new season to start, which is this thursday, (so i thought it would be time to start this show's thread)...so i watched a preview special on the TV Guide channel yesterday and am so annoyed now that I dont know if am gonna watch this edition.

[putting this in spoiler tags just in case people want to be surprised on thursday]

Spoiler

saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 09:18 AM   #2
Flasch186
Coordinator

um, cuz she's damn hot! This picture has her in bikini's and if that is not ok, a mod can go ahead and delete it....no problem, but dont click on the spoiler tag if you are offended and it's probably NSFW.

Spoiler

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 09-15-2007 at 09:39 AM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 09:28 AM   #3
RedKingGold
College Starter

This show's still on?
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 09:30 AM   #4
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Spoiler
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 09:43 AM   #5
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
um, cuz she's damn hot! This picture has her in bikini's and if that is not ok, a mod can go ahead and delete it....no problem, but dont click on the spoiler tag if you are offended and it's probably NSFW.

not denying her hotness...i just think its stupid that someone with that much of a public persona is on the show

Spoiler

Last edited by saldana : 09-15-2007 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:31 AM   #6
Joe
Pro Starter

then don't watch
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:40 AM   #7
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
not denying her hotness...i just think its stupid that someone with that much of a public persona is on the show

Spoiler

She's like a H-list celebrity, if there is such a thing.

Probably no more famous than Gary Hogeboom.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:42 AM   #8
Flasch186
Coordinator

'cept hotter

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 09-15-2007, 01:00 PM   #9
Jas_lov
College Starter

Spoiler
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:07 PM   #10
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I do this every season, so let's get it out of the way now: using a thread title that welcomes spoilers is pretty pointless since 90% of the people who watch the show want to avoid them at all costs. Seems like you can either have a thread for discussing the show with everyone who watches it, or one where spoilers are possilbe, but not both.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:26 PM   #11
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

she isnt even that hot imo. sure shes easy on the eyes, but not crotch adjusting hot
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:28 PM   #12
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Spoiler

i would tell you how, but i dont know how to post a spoiler tab
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:43 PM   #13
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
i would tell you how, but i dont know how to post a spoiler tab

All you do is put spoiler in brackets before your text and you put /spoiler in brackets after your text. It's just like if you wanted to bold or quote something except you use the word spoiler.

Last edited by Jas_lov : 09-15-2007 at 01:46 PM.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:48 PM   #14
Galaril
Pro Starter

Ok, Survivor was interesting. I was surprised at who was voted out. I would go further but I can't figure out how to the spoiler thing the post so I will leave it at that. But I definitely have a few favorites and a couple of contestants that I dislike already.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:56 PM   #15
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Ok, Survivor was interesting. I was surprised at who was voted out. I would go further but I can't figure out how to the spoiler thing the post so I will leave it at that. But I definitely have a few favorites and a couple of contestants that I dislike already.

type "[spoiler " and close the words spoiler with the other bracket "]" and dont use quotes. then when youre done typing the spoiler type "[/spoiler " and close that with a "]"

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 09-20-2007, 09:15 PM   #16
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I didn't like the New York woman and I seem to be pulling for James the Gravedigger already.

OH and they are on the same team, so I'm torn already.

Last edited by mauchow : 09-20-2007 at 09:16 PM.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:48 PM   #17
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
I didn't like the New York woman and I seem to be pulling for James the Gravedigger already.

ditto

Also, Ashley is not that hot. This season should be called Survivor: Boobs
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:01 AM   #18
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post

Agreed, James is a beast. Not sure who to root for on the other tribe. I guess Dave by default.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:06 AM   #19
wade moore
lolzcat

FUCK.

I HATE how survivor changes it's Tivo name every year. Looks like I missed the first episode.

Goddamnit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:11 AM   #20
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Talk about dissapointed. I thought this Ashley person was supposed to be hot? She looks butt ugly with fake boobs, add annoying and you have a whole trifecta of reasons to holpe she makes an early exit.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 07:19 AM   #21
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Casting Ashley from the WWE doesn't seem to be a publicity stunt on the part of the WWE anyway, since she was trying very hard to keep anyone in the WWE from knowing when she asked for an extended leave earlier in the year. However, as always happens, she let it slip to a close friend and the word got out fast. She subsequently got fired from the WWE IIRC.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 07:21 AM   #22
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
type "[spoiler " and close the words spoiler with the other bracket "]" and dont use quotes. then when youre done typing the spoiler type "[/spoiler " and close that with a "]"

Thanks.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:29 AM   #23
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post
Agreed, James is a beast. Not sure who to root for on the other tribe. I guess Dave by default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Talk about dissapointed. I thought this Ashley person was supposed to be hot? She looks butt ugly with fake boobs, add annoying and you have a whole trifecta of reasons to holpe she makes an early exit.

I am also pulling for James and seem him going in with the Christian radio show host. BTW even though I am not a religious person that much I agreed that the Buddhist ceremony was worship like. And having dealt with Buddhist in Korea for years I can say for sure that the image of the nice quiet and benevolent monk isa crock of a shit. They can and usually are some of the biggest assessholes any ways...........

The wrestler chick should have been voted out and yeah she is really puck rock white trashish ugly. I can't really understand why Chicken got voted out. The producer did a poor job of showing us why he might be voted out. It seems voting him out just displays that tribes complete lack of planning. I guess they din't care for his telling them building there "home" on a flood plain was a bad idea.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:36 AM   #24
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
I am also pulling for James and seem him going in with the Christian radio show host. BTW even though I am not a religious person that much I agreed that the Buddhist ceremony was worship like.
I told my wife she should've sucked it up and just faked it, like 90% of Americans do when they go to Church.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:16 AM   #25
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yep. Churchy girl and wrestler girl need to go.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:55 AM   #26
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
I can't really understand why Chicken got voted out. The producer did a poor job of showing us why he might be voted out.
They did a great job IMO. At first the guy would shit all over other people's ideas - not in a constructive way, very condescending - and like a baby he decided to clam up when he didn't the the approval the wanted. The "doesn't matter to me, whatever you want to do" schtick was childish, and it was great when P.G. called him out on it. His attempt to talk the young dude into voting Ashley off showed how whiny and bitter he was. I knew he was a goner as soon as they started focusing on his bad attitude.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:01 AM   #27
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Dola

FWIW, the editors do a very deliberate job of framing the contestants that are going to be among the final few. Someone on another site (TV w/o pity?) analyzed the first episodes for several past seasons and discovered that the players that last the longest in the game are portrayed in the first episode or two as very even-handed, insightful, intelligent, and savvy. On the other hand, contestants that get air time being arrogant, bitchy, whiny, and complainers are voted out early.

Using this data, they've predicted the winner of the last 3 Survivors based on the first episode only, and usually get all of the top 2 or 3.

Last edited by Toddzilla : 09-21-2007 at 09:02 AM.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:12 AM   #28
MikeVic
Head Coach

I didn't watch the show, but caught the "greeting" as I was leaving the house. I'm not super religious, but I have my Catholic faith. I wouldn't be able to go through that greeting ceremony either. Doesn't matter what they said, it still looked like they were bowing down in front of Buddha.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:25 AM   #29
Kodos
Resident Alien

If God is all knowing, he knows you aren't worshipping Buddha. You can even say it in your head as you're doing it.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:29 AM   #30
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
If God is all knowing, he knows you aren't worshipping Buddha. You can even say it in your head as you're doing it.

That's stupid. So I can be killing someone, as long as in my head I believe I'm not and tell myself I'm not... it's ok?
Old 09-21-2007, 10:14 AM   #31
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
FWIW, the editors do a very deliberate job of framing the contestants that are going to be among the final few. Someone on another site (TV w/o pity?) analyzed the first episodes for several past seasons and discovered that the players that last the longest in the game are portrayed in the first episode or two as very even-handed, insightful, intelligent, and savvy. On the other hand, contestants that get air time being arrogant, bitchy, whiny, and complainers are voted out early.
Yes, there's been a definite pattern the past few years on how the first episode is edited.

In fact, last year my wife and I picked Earl as the winner after the first episode, because his edit was almost exactly like Yul's. It was so close that you assumed it has to be a red herring, but it wasn't. It was an obvious giveaway if you knew what to look for.

From a first viewing of last night's show, you can already eliminate about half the players as potential winners, but there's no obvious winner that I could see.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:53 AM   #32
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
That's stupid. So I can be killing someone, as long as in my head I believe I'm not and tell myself I'm not... it's ok?

But God KNOWS you are not trying to worship the Buddha. He KNOWS you are just going through the motions of kneeling in front of some stupid statue to please the show's producers and not upset tribe mates. If he's going to not let you in heaven for that, that's just sad.

Comparing it to killing somebody but saying you don't mean it is beyond stupid. One is an empty gesture that means nothing, while in the other you're actually killing someone.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:06 AM   #33
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
But God KNOWS you are not trying to worship the Buddha. He KNOWS you are just going through the motions of kneeling in front of some stupid statue to please the show's producers and not upset tribe mates. If he's going to not let you in heaven for that, that's just sad.

Comparing it to killing somebody but saying you don't mean it is beyond stupid. One is an empty gesture that means nothing, while in the other you're actually killing someone.

Kneeling/bowing before another God, whether you mean it or not, does mean something. I think. I'm not up to snuff with exact rules and stuff, but I know I personally would've felt uncomfortable and not done it too.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:18 AM   #34
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yep. Churchy girl and wrestler girl need to go.

The gravedigger was my favorite also, but I agree that the wrestler girl should go.. I didn't mind the churchy girl as much, even with her issue regarding the greeting. From what they gave us on the show, it seemed that other than the greeting ceremony, she didn't really push much or be annoying to others. I bet we have something happen between her and that airline steward in the way of a blow up in future episodes though.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:50 AM   #35
Kodos
Resident Alien

I thought it was funny when the poker guy said he didn't believe that he was a flight attendant. To me, he quite obviously seemed just like a flight attendant.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:51 AM   #36
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Casting Ashley from the WWE doesn't seem to be a publicity stunt on the part of the WWE anyway, since she was trying very hard to keep anyone in the WWE from knowing when she asked for an extended leave earlier in the year. However, as always happens, she let it slip to a close friend and the word got out fast. She subsequently got fired from the WWE IIRC.
correction - Ashley is still employed by the WWE.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:00 PM   #37
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Kneeling/bowing before another God, whether you mean it or not, does mean something. I think. I'm not up to snuff with exact rules and stuff, but I know I personally would've felt uncomfortable and not done it too.

I can see this being something that depends on your level of religiousness. If you aren't terribly religious, faking it in front of another idol won't seem so bad. If you are very religious, even faking it is probably a big deal. I would like to think that a person could continue to pray while going through the motions, but then I am not terribly religious.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:38 PM   #38
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Take the deep religious discussions to PM, please.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:42 PM   #39
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
Take the deep religious discussions to PM, please.

I'm done. I just happened to see this yesterday and wanted to comment that I would've done the same thing.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:44 PM   #40
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I was done too. I think we've said about all that can be said on the topic.

So any bets on how soon before Courtney gets booted? I'm assuming that she is the first off when her tribe has to vote.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:54 PM   #41
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
They did a great job IMO. At first the guy would shit all over other people's ideas - not in a constructive way, very condescending - and like a baby he decided to clam up when he didn't the the approval the wanted. The "doesn't matter to me, whatever you want to do" schtick was childish, and it was great when P.G. called him out on it. His attempt to talk the young dude into voting Ashley off showed how whiny and bitter he was. I knew he was a goner as soon as they started focusing on his bad attitude.

Amen.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:02 PM   #42
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Amen.

Take it to PMs!!!!!

Old 09-21-2007, 05:02 PM   #43
saldana
Pro Starter

my first vote would have been for the PG girl without question...yeah ashley was a bit of a wuss with the whole throwing up bit, but the crying after losing the challenge is weak. and then to start barking out orders after the tears were wiped away?! see-ya.

my favorite line of the entire thing was the skinny snot-rag from new york commenting that she wasnt wearing a bra....look around sweetheart....you have less than A-cups....it doesnt matter if you werent wearing a shirt...no one would have noticed.

my wife on the other hand enjoyed the E/F cup woman who did the challenge in her bra and underwear because she only wore a dress to the departure....there are going to be a lot of blur shots while she is in the game.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:03 PM   #44
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
my first vote would have been for the PG girl without question...yeah ashley was a bit of a wuss with the whole throwing up bit, but the crying after losing the challenge is weak. and then to start barking out orders after the tears were wiped away?! see-ya.

my favorite line of the entire thing was the skinny snot-rag from new york commenting that she wasnt wearing a bra....look around sweetheart....you have less than A-cups....it doesnt matter if you werent wearing a shirt...no one would have noticed.

my wife on the other hand enjoyed the E/F cup woman who did the challenge in her bra and underwear because she only wore a dress to the departure....there are going to be a lot of blur shots while she is in the game.

The New Yorker (Courtney) wasn't the one that made the comment. Jaime is the one that made the comment. The time she made the comment was about the only time you saw her. She at least had something interesting upstairs.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:23 PM   #45
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
This is pretty much the exact opposite of the story I've seen.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:24 PM   #46
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post

on the preview show i was talking about in post 1, Jeff is talking about james and says something to the effect that he is easily the strongest and post powerful player they have ever had, and that James claims not to work out at all...that he got that way from manually digging graves since he was 13 years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
FUCK.

I HATE how survivor changes it's Tivo name every year. Looks like I missed the first episode.

Goddamnit.

they have the full episode available at http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor15/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
The New Yorker (Courtney) wasn't the one that made the comment. Jaime is the one that made the comment. The time she made the comment was about the only time you saw her. She at least had something interesting upstairs.

i went back and checked, and you are correct sir....i didnt actually realize there were two blondes, because like you said, i dont think jamie was ever on screen again.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:52 PM   #47
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
on the preview show i was talking about in post 1, Jeff is talking about james and says something to the effect that he is easily the strongest and post powerful player they have ever had, and that James claims not to work out at all...that he got that way from manually digging graves since he was 13 years old.

I would buy this. That guy was huge, but I would imagine digging graves is hard work. I hope we see more of him. They seemed to be setting him up as a gentle giant.

Quote:
i went back and checked, and you are correct sir....i didnt actually realize there were two blondes, because like you said, i dont think jamie was ever on screen again.

Jaime was a much better person to be stuck without a bra. I can only think that Courtney was such a bitch because she hadn't eaten in the last few weeks. I really wish women wouldn't allow themselves to become so scary thin and I really wish Hollywood and fashion magazines would stop glamorizing that.

Courtney claimed to be a waitress. Anybody believe this is really her chosen profession? She looked like someone that could be trying to break into modeling or acting...
Old 09-21-2007, 08:54 PM   #48
Desmond
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
This is pretty much the exact opposite of the story I've seen.

Uhh, yeah, it's totaly false. WWE was in fact, approached by Survivor to send someone and they chose Ashley. I'm not sure why, but that's how it went.
Desmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:05 PM   #49
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
I can only think that Courtney was such a bitch because she hadn't eaten in the last few weeks. I really wish women wouldn't allow themselves to become so scary thin and I really wish Hollywood and fashion magazines would stop glamorizing that.

Courtney claimed to be a waitress. Anybody believe this is really her chosen profession? She looked like someone that could be trying to break into modeling or acting...

Or crack-whore!

Last edited by Galaril : 09-22-2007 at 08:09 PM.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:39 PM   #50
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Is James from a small town or something? Around here, they dig graves with a backhoe, at least thefew I have seen.