Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-11-2005, 09:19 PM   #1
Hurst2112
College Starter

OT: Rockstar INXS thoughts

I preface this with saying I helped my friend Jordis get on the show. She is in a band I worked with here in the cities. Bout 5 months ago, I had to mix a song for her to sing at the tryouts.

Wasn't too thrilled with the show. Jordis sang Ba ba O'Reily really well. She was the first to go on.

There were other good singers, but I can't see any of them as the INXS singer. It's too bad the band was lured into the cheap marketing ploy. They were good, real good. They won't be any better than they were.

Anybody else watch?

Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:20 PM   #2
Hurst2112
College Starter

DOLA: and my tolerance of Dave Navarro is shrinking fast. He seems like a nice guy, and had really good things to say (on camera) about Jordis. Yet, I am growing tired of him always popping up where he shouldn't be...like jamming with INXS.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:33 PM   #3
Swaggs
Coordinator

What is the format? Three judges or what?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:42 PM   #4
markprior22
High School Varsity

Crud...forgot about this show due to the HR Derby. I'm not into reality TV at all but the previews for this show looked pretty interesting to me. I'll have to check out the next episode.
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:43 PM   #5
chinaski
College Prospect

Dave Navarro makes me want to vomit. He deserves no acclaim, and it hurts me that hes associated with janes addiction.

Last edited by chinaski : 07-12-2005 at 11:21 AM. Reason: erroneous is
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:49 PM   #6
TLK
Pro Starter

For some reason, I thought the show was decent. The preformers were much better than American Idol, and the format is good. I'll be watching.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:49 PM   #7
Swaggs
Coordinator

He gets to bang Carmen Electra. That deserves some acclaim.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:53 PM   #8
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
He gets to bang Carmen Electra. That deserves some acclaim.

touche!
Old 07-11-2005, 10:29 PM   #9
sabotai
General Manager

It was decent for having to squeeze 15 songs into 1 show. Didn't get to really see much of any one, but at least they got rid of the right singer. She (forgot her name) just butchered Knocking On Heaven's Door. Just terrible. Everyone seemed at least ok.

Hurst: I thought her voice was good. There were parts of the song where I thought it didn't sound good. I don't think her voice was a very good fit for The Who, but still a nice voice. (Then again, Baba O'Riley is one of my favorite songs ever, so it not done perfectly, I'd have a problem with it. )

Last edited by sabotai : 07-11-2005 at 10:31 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:27 AM   #10
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLionKing
For some reason, I thought the show was decent. The preformers were much better than American Idol, and the format is good. I'll be watching.

I agree about voice quality as a whole. The cast has some good singers top-to-bottom. There are only a handfull of "unique" singers, though, which I think is much more important in Rock. It sucks they are going to shrink the episodes down to 30 minutes. I want to see more of the performances, not less.
HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:54 AM   #11
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski
Dave Navarro is makes me want to vomit. He deserves no acclaim, and it hurts me that hes associated with janes addiction.

Are you out of your freaking mind? Dave Navarro is the very reason that Jane's Addiction was so amazing in the late 80s, early 90s.

I get tired of his attention whoring too - but he is an incredible guitarist. Jane's Addiction wouldn't be anywhere without him.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 11:20 AM   #12
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Are you out of your freaking mind? Dave Navarro is the very reason that Jane's Addiction was so amazing in the late 80s, early 90s.

I get tired of his attention whoring too - but he is an incredible guitarist. Jane's Addiction wouldn't be anywhere without him.

Not that I think hes a shitty guitar player, as Janes in one of my all time favorite bands. It just pains me to see my childhood rock gods whore themselves out. But, John Frusciante can kick Navarros ass backwards and forwards on the guitar anyday!
Old 07-12-2005, 11:28 AM   #13
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst2112
I preface this with saying I helped my friend Jordis get on the show. She is in a band I worked with here in the cities. Bout 5 months ago, I had to mix a song for her to sing at the tryouts.

Wasn't too thrilled with the show. Jordis sang Ba ba O'Reily really well. She was the first to go on.

There were other good singers, but I can't see any of them as the INXS singer. It's too bad the band was lured into the cheap marketing ploy. They were good, real good. They won't be any better than they were.

Anybody else watch?

I actually thought she was the best one, but I also thought every single other person sucked incredibly hard. Are we really supposed to believe they 'scoured the globe' and auditioned 10,000 people to get down to this 15?? Seems weird they didnt do it American Idol style. If anyone saw the part where that JD Famous guy grabs some asian chick in the front row by the back of the head; that 'asian chick' is a good friend of my girlfriends.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:30 PM   #14
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Not that I think hes a shitty guitar player, as Janes in one of my all time favorite bands. It just pains me to see my childhood rock gods whore themselves out. But, John Frusciante can kick Navarros ass backwards and forwards on the guitar anyday!

Heh - I think they are both amazing, but just prefer Navarro for whatever reason. I actually loved One Hot Minute - thought the whole thing was brilliant. I loved the sound he brought to the Chilis...

Anyway - Dave Navarro's guitar work on Three Days might be my favorite ever...
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 12:55 PM   #15
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
I actually thought she was the best one, but I also thought every single other person sucked incredibly hard. Are we really supposed to believe they 'scoured the globe' and auditioned 10,000 people to get down to this 15?? Seems weird they didnt do it American Idol style. If anyone saw the part where that JD Famous guy grabs some asian chick in the front row by the back of the head; that 'asian chick' is a good friend of my girlfriends.

I saw that. It was pretty lame. It was the kind of grab associated with a face-fu*k...not a rock singer singing to another person. One of the guys in the band even said he was uncomfortable watching it.

Jordis won't make it. She can sing very well, but she is a little too 'punk modern' for the band. She has her age (22) going for her. Very energetic as well. Still, I think they are going to try to find a guy to fill the role. Which, by the looks of it, won't be too easy to find on the show.

I was very impressed by the house band they have. The drummer is really, really good. Tight as hell. Of course they are playing other peoples' songs but a band like that has to be pretty professional to be ready for any screwups from the singer. If you ever played in a band where the singer doesn't know where they are, or you weren't sure that the singer would make it through the whole evening without forgetting something, you know how hard it is.

I know from the tryouts here in Minneapolis that there were better singers and front men that auditioned. My boss at Winterland Studios was approached personally to come up with some talent. That's how we got Jordis involved. Obviously she did the work to move on, but there were some other people that auditioned that were better than some on the show. I can see they were looking for personalities as well as talent due to the living situation and the drama behind it.

The contract for the show is really smothering. There were a couple people here who got asked to move on, but didn't want to sign their rights away. I don't know what it all said but there were clauses that didn't allow the singers to promote their likeness for a period of time. Other stuff like that as well. So, take that from a small city like Minneapolis and think what kind of people turned them down form the larger cities. I think the whole fiasco with the dude from American Idol dropping out to persue a career elesewhere with his 14 mintues of fame really made produces of other singing shows think about their contracts a little more.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:59 PM   #16
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
It was decent for having to squeeze 15 songs into 1 show. Didn't get to really see much of any one, but at least they got rid of the right singer. She (forgot her name) just butchered Knocking On Heaven's Door. Just terrible. Everyone seemed at least ok.

Hurst: I thought her voice was good. There were parts of the song where I thought it didn't sound good. I don't think her voice was a very good fit for The Who, but still a nice voice. (Then again, Baba O'Riley is one of my favorite songs ever, so it not done perfectly, I'd have a problem with it. )

She did screw up Townsend's middle vocal part. Like Daltry, Jordis has a subtle rasp to her voice. I thought that it was in her range. For a first song, she picked a strong one. From the looks of it, the judges (band) appreciated it. It will be interesting to see what song she does tonight. I know there is 'Somebody to Love' by queen that will be done. Good luck to whomever has to do that!
Old 07-12-2005, 02:50 PM   #17
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
I know there is 'Somebody to Love' by queen that will be done. Good luck to whomever has to do that!

No kidding. If they can make it through that whole song without making me feel pain in my ears, it will be an accomplishment.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 05:08 PM   #18
Rockstar
Mascot

My view of this is that the band only chose singers that they could control. Completely. I find it really hard to believe that there were 15 singers who would want to be the mouthpiece for INXS. Hasnt any of those 15 people seen the movie "Rockstar"?
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 02:09 PM   #19
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
No kidding. If they can make it through that whole song without making me feel pain in my ears, it will be an accomplishment.

oops, it was the Jefferson Airplane version. Same title I believe.

haha
Old 07-14-2005, 08:49 AM   #20
Raven Hawk
College Starter

I'm personally enjoying the show. It sucks to hear that their contracts are that smothering, though. These are people, whom I would like to see at a local club with their real bands. There are some that don't impress me that much, but I gotta say that I'd pay $ to see Jordis and a couple of others perform.

I don't know how open INXS really is to having a female vocalist, but they brought plenty of them to the show . . .

INXS looks really old. It just reminds me of how old I am. The result of this show is a disaster waiting to happen. It appears that they are scraping to get some respect for an album that they want to release and avoid the county fair circuit. The truth is that INXS will have to be comfortable playing 2nd fiddle to whoever they select. On the show they've made allusions to their ability to get 100,000 fans into a stadium. Sorry guys, it's not 1988 any longer. Reality check, they'll be lucky to sell out 10,000 person venues. The publicity that this show generates will help for a little while, but the truth is that they are doomed to the county fair circuit. It's only a matter of time.

On another note, my wife and I have commented that these guys show a level of integrity and professionalism that very few reality shows have attained. Most reality shows like to use the "I'm going to kick you in the balls" technique of kicking people off of the show. INXS has been very professional in letting people go, giving them suggestions on how to improve and by not doing it in front of all the participants. They have also been men enough to do it themselves instead of letting the show's host be the bearer of bad news. Kudos to INXS on this.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:02 AM   #21
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I saw parts of this on Tuesday and then watched last night. Maybe it's my rock bias, but most of these people are much better singers and/or performers than anything I've seen on AI in 4 years. Honestly, I don't think Bo would stand out among this group, whereas he was clearly the best performer on AI (aside from whether he'd be right for INXS, I'm talking just as a rock singer/performer). And the guy who got kicked off last night was Constantine, with his constant mugging for the chicks in the crowd (even after they told him to stop doing that), except with a much better voice. And he only lasted 3 days.

I think this is a brilliant marketing ploy. Take an older pop/rock band whose glory days are far behind them and make the search for a replacement member a show, all the while building a market for a new album that otherwise wouldn't exist, and at the same time showcasing your older material for those who were too young to remember it. Regardless of how good/bad it is, this new album is going to far outsell its quality and probably result in a big upswing in sales for Kick.

But regardless, I can't see a chick singing Suicide Blonde...

Now, to take this thread on another tangent...who's next for the Rockstar treatment?

My two suggestions:

Rockstar: Stone Temple Pilots

and the one that has to happen:

Rockstar Van Halen

Think of it...Eddie's getting desperate and he's a hothead. This would be a combination of AI and Hell's Kitchen. Eddie could blow up at the people being kicked off, and berate them while throwing shit at them as they leave. Must-see TV!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:03 AM   #22
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

I really hope this is getting ratings (I think I heard it is not) because I love this game. I agree with you, Ksyrup, the talent here is better out of the box than AI.

My two favorites are both women and more than likely will not win. I absolutely love Jordis. She has a great voice. I also love Heather (of whom I informed my wife that I want her to have my babies. She said that was ok, because she wants to have her babies. ).
Old 07-14-2005, 10:08 AM   #23
Scholes
High School Varsity

Hurst... did I see her in the Fighting Tongs?
Scholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:27 AM   #24
Ksyrup

I haven't been able to form opinions of most of them yet, but I did like the Canadian chick with the husky voice. She can really sing. I don't know her name, though.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 07-14-2005, 11:04 AM   #25
jbmagic
Pro Starter

what happen to the original lead singer?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 11:06 AM   #26
JeeberD
General Manager

Killed himself while trying to perform autoerotic asphyxiation...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 11:27 AM   #27
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Killed himself while trying to perform autoerotic asphyxiation...

As far as I knew, that rumor was proven false. He died from a simple suicide.

The lead singer to Joy Division, however . . .
Old 07-14-2005, 12:38 PM   #28
Ksyrup

I think the best story out of the whole Hutchence thing is what happened between him, Bob Geldof, and Hutchence's wife (Geldof's ex). Geldof had a kid with his then-wife, who left him for Hutchence. They had 2 kids together. Then Hutchence killed himself, and his wife killed herself a year later. Geldof ended up getting his kid back, plus adopting Hutchence's 2 kids. Talk about the ultimate revenge...
Old 07-15-2005, 02:34 AM   #29
21C
College Prospect

Geldof and Paula Yates had 3 children together ( Fifi Trixibelle, Peaches and Pixie ) while Yates and Hutchence had just one child - Heavenly Hirrani Tiger Lily.
21C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 03:03 AM   #30
Suicane75
Coordinator

The fuck is with those names? It shocks me to find out that their parents were mentaly unstable.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 03:09 AM   #31
Loren
High School JV

these reality shows are killin me, i watched like 3 minutes of the INXS one..just looking at the guys sittin on the couch made me cringe..it was awful, they can never really be INXS without Hutchence..ughh..it WAS SAD
on the other hand i AMM lovin this season of the Real World(apparently something i have in common with only my friends 13 yr old daughter)
Being Bobby Brown
and tonite i caught that Hooking Up show, and liked it, though im glad i never had to really "date" cuz i dont think i could have handled that shit, some ppl are just wierd and women, OMG women are horribly picky bitchy ppl, well most of the ones i know and the majority of the ones on the show..
Old 07-15-2005, 03:23 AM   #32
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
I think this is a brilliant marketing ploy. Take an older pop/rock band whose glory days are far behind them and make the search for a replacement member a show, all the while building a market for a new album that otherwise wouldn't exist, and at the same time showcasing your older material for those who were too young to remember it. Regardless of how good/bad it is, this new album is going to far outsell its quality and probably result in a big upswing in sales for Kick.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

I've been watching the show, but I am not sure why. The first episode was interesting, but the past two sucked.

Some of these people are really good singers, I just don't know why they'd want to be a part of a band where all the members are 25 years older than they are. Oh wait, they just want to make some money.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 03:47 AM   #33
21C
College Prospect

That's the big reason for the show. I think that the band's new album will be a moderately successful seller - something like an AI CD - but the big money will be in the band's old material.

The band is going to pick whomever does the best rendition of their old hits - doesn't have to be Michael Hutchence-like but got to do the songs some justice. I think the best thing that the producers decided was to have the people sing INXS songs in that sing-off part to decide who goes. That way, the public gets a taste of the old material without getting bombarded by it - and have them wanting more.

And yeah, the band members do look old. I said to my wife that they all look like me - I'm 41. I actually ( barely ) remember seeing the band in 1980 or 1981 at the local pub. I was blind drunk so I think they were good.
21C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 10:38 PM   #34
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholes
Hurst... did I see her in the Fighting Tongs?

Yep. They are broke up now.

4 of the 6 people in the tong's formed a new band. Jay and Jesse left. the new band is called Liar's Club. They have done a couple shows already.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:57 PM   #35
Rockstar
Mascot

When did Adam Rich change his name to Garry Beers and start playing with INXS?
Old 07-17-2005, 01:21 AM   #36
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

i think jordis is way way ahead of the competition, i think she will no doubt wint his show
Old 07-19-2005, 09:12 PM   #37
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Seeing parts of this tonight for the first time. These people suck! INXS is in trouble. Atleast Brooke Burke is hot....
Old 07-19-2005, 09:23 PM   #38
Rockstar
Mascot

The other dude from INXS looks like Jason Patric all strung out.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:42 PM   #39
Raven Hawk
College Starter

I'm still enjoying the show, but it's gotta switch up quick. If they keep the same format that they've been using for too much longer, I'll be bored with it. The house stuff was stupid. I don't even know why they showed it. So far I think that they have gotten rid of the right people. Tara will be next to go. Her style is too pop to rock.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:24 PM   #40
Hurst2112
College Starter

Though Jordis didn't do quite as well with her song, she did make a smart move by picking that hoobastank song. I think it was the most current song of the whole selection. That will help her get some of the younger people to vote. Plus, she needed to mix it up with a slower song. She is still one of the favorites (IMO).

I like the fact that she isn't really saying too much. She is sitting back and letting her talents work for her. There is going to be a point where she will be in the spotlight a little more. She has the rock chick personality and is very approachable and likeable.

That JD fortune guy seems to have his shit together. as much as I don't like him, he will be one of the last people standing. I think his decision to change the score of each song he gets can help him early. however, he will need to show that he can sing other peoples' songs the way they want him to.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:39 PM   #41
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Quote:
That JD fortune guy seems to have his shit together. as much as I don't like him, he will be one of the last people standing. I think his decision to change the score of each song he gets can help him early. however, he will need to show that he can sing other peoples' songs the way they want him to.

Lol, JD convinced Jordis not to take "We Are the Champions" so that he could take it last night, thinking he was all slick and shit. Then he got the song and realized that he doesn't have the range to sing it. He kept trying to switch songs with Jordis, but she wouldn't have any of that. I hope he falls on his face and Jordis rocks her song. This was an entertaining twist, but they will still need to do something more to hold my attention for the long term.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:29 PM   #42
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Hawk
Lol, JD convinced Jordis not to take "We Are the Champions" so that he could take it last night, thinking he was all slick and shit. Then he got the song and realized that he doesn't have the range to sing it. He kept trying to switch songs with Jordis, but she wouldn't have any of that. I hope he falls on his face and Jordis rocks her song. This was an entertaining twist, but they will still need to do something more to hold my attention for the long term.

All they need is Jordis and Heather. I'm signed on until they are gone at least.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:01 PM   #43
Mac Howard
Sick as a Parrot

I think a lot of people are staying away from this show because they disliked the Idol shows. It's a pity because it's a lot better. I watched the "JD murders 'We Are the Champions'" set last night and it was good to see. The singers are way ahead in talent.

I think Ty has it. His first night performance had all the energy, stage performance and rock-song ability that they could need but by his third performance he was beginning to look a bit one dimensional. But his performance last night of Everybody Hurts was superb and revealed that he has the melodic ability that INXS need. By contrast Brandon didn't. Only Jordis can compete in flexibility but I don't think INXS are going to go for a female lead. (though I personally have a thing for Suzie - a bit trailer-trashy but all the more attactrive for that )

JD got his comeuppance but in truth I don't think WATC is the great song they make out. It's appeal is in the lyrics and suitability for a large outdoor concert but the melody is a smorgasborg of unconnected musical phrases that reveals just how good Queen was. Freddie Mercury could make the telephone directory sound good but I've never heard anyone else make anything of it (I've heard Mig sing it fairly badly too from the London musical). The song's like a football shirt that was made famous by a great player and needed to be retired when Mercury went. JD never had a chance to rework it or the vocal range to sing it.

I'm looking forward to tonight's show and the elimination. I figure JD and Brandon with perhaps Heather to be voted down by the audience and INXS to decide Brandon should go.

Last edited by Mac Howard : 07-27-2005 at 10:09 PM.
Mac Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 10:04 PM   #44
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Howard
I think a lot of people are staying away from this show because they disliked the Idol shows. It's a pity because it's a lot better. I watched the "JD murders 'We Are the Champions'" set last night and it was good to see. The singers are way ahead in talent.

I think Ty has it. His first night performance had all the energy, stage performance and rock-song ability that they could need but by his third performance he was beginning to look a bit one dimensional. But his performance last night of Everybody Hurts was superb and revealed that he has the melodic ability that INXS need. By contrast Brandon didn't. Only Jordis can compete in flexibility but I don't think INXS are going to go for a female lead.

JD got his comeuppance but in truth I don't thing WATC is the great song they make out. It's appeal is in the lyrics and suitability for a large outdoor concert but the melody is a smorgasborg of unconnected musical phrases that reveals just how good Queen was. Freddie Mercury could make the telephone directory sound good but I've never heard anyone else make anything of it (I've heard Mig sing it fairly badly too from the London musical). The song's like a football shirt that was made famous by a great player and needed to be retired when Mercury went. JD never had a chance to rework it or the vocal range to sing it.

I'm looking forward to tonight's show and the elimination. I figure JD and Brandon with perhaps Heather to be voted down by the audience and INXS to decide Brandon should go.

Not going to spoil it for you, but only one of those were in the bottom three.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:10 PM   #45
Mac Howard
Sick as a Parrot

Well one outa three ain't too bad
Old 08-02-2005, 12:54 PM   #46
Ksyrup

Hurst - was Jordis talking about the guy from American Head Charge last night? She said the song she picked made her think of a friend who had recently died, and that whole situation came to mind. Just wondering.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:52 PM   #47
Hurst2112
College Starter

Yeah. I noticed that too.

She is the g/f of the other AHC guitar player. She was traveling with the band during a few shows on the tour when Brian died.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:58 PM   #48
Ksyrup

That makes sense.

BTW, Dug's solo album was released today. Rawk!
Old 08-02-2005, 09:56 PM   #49
SegRat
High School Varsity

Jordis probably wont win this thing, but I dont think I really want to see her win. I think singing INXS songs will not do her justice. She is the best singer in this competition, but I think she will go so much farther with another band allowing her to sing songs to her strengths.

I think Marty will win. I think he will fit the band the best out of all.

JD is good but I dont think INXS really wants him to front the band.

Hurst is there anywhere on the net to hear what Jordis was singing before this? I would love to check out anything she has done earlier.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:29 PM   #50
Raven Hawk
College Starter

From Jordis' blog at rockstar.msn.com:

Quote:
Although this is a sad story, I will fill you in: Shortly before I came here my friend Bryan, guitarist for American Head Charge, passed away while touring the U.S. with Mudvayne. When I really started paying attention to the lyrics in "The Man Who Sold the World," it wasn't long before I found myself in tears. Many of the phrases in this song ring very true to my memories of the last time I saw and spoke to him. I hope I can keep it together for my performance.

By the way she totally destroyed the rest of the competition tonight. My wife and I had it Tivo'd and ended up watching her performance 4 times in a row. Awesome. Just friggin awesome.

I agree with SegRat that I almost don't want her to win. If she does win, INXS will have to realize that they can't just use her to sing their songs. They'll need to adjust their song writing around her and write songs for/with her.