Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-09-2009, 09:39 PM   #1
Nice Guy Eddie
Banned

12/21/12

What do people think about all the speculation with this date and what possibly might happen. I think it's likely a bunch of crap, but I was wondering what others thought?

Nice Guy Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:44 PM   #2
OldSchool
High School Varsity

I predict Mayan dominance will come to an end.
OldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:46 PM   #3
Jughead Spock
High School Varsity

The thread about 'Will there ever be a new FOF?' will be about 500 pages long.
Jughead Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:52 PM   #4
Schmidty
Coordinator

There will be 10,254 smart-ass remarks in this thread.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:53 PM   #5
MJ4H
Coordinator

The speculation is stupid. That's what I think and any rational person thinks.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:56 PM   #6
Groundhog
Coordinator

I predict the same thing will happen that happens whenever one of these dates comes up.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:57 PM   #7
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Guy Eddie View Post
What do people think about all the speculation with this date and what possibly might happen. I think it's likely a bunch of crap, but I was wondering what others thought?

If they Mayans really were smart enough to predict the exact date of the end of the world don't you think they'd still be around, at the very least?
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:03 PM   #8
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
If they Mayans really were smart enough to predict the exact date of the end of the world don't you think they'd still be around, at the very least?

Shh... they're in hiding in the forests of Oregon and Washington State, raising Bigfeet.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:03 PM   #9
SackAttack
Head Coach

The winning lottery numbers will be 12, 21 and four numbers divisible by 2.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:38 PM   #10
dervack
College Prospect

For a second there, I thought this thread was going to be about the shitty movie coming out in Dec.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:56 PM   #11
Swaggs
Coordinator

All you suckers that have been sticking money into your 401K will wish you had spent it.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #12
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
All you suckers that have been sticking money into your 401K will wish you had spent it.

On hookers, alcohol, and midgets?
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:21 PM   #13
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards View Post
Shh... they're in hiding in the forests of Oregon and Washington State, raising Bigfeet.

Kudos for the term "Bigfeet"

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:23 PM   #14
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

We will all cease to use proper grammer and quiksands world will then end.

Last edited by Lathum : 09-09-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:57 PM   #15
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I predict that sometime by then the Braves will score more than two runs.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:30 AM   #16
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post

Why on Earth would I spend my money on both hookers and midgets when I could just hire hooker midgets? And I'll ask them to bring a case of Pabst to the party, too.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:56 AM   #17
kingfc22
Head Coach

I say I will be 32.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:09 AM   #18
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Zombies will rise!!!! Left 4 Dead was simply a survival manual for that day, play it and learn it!!!!!! Save yourselves!!!!!!!!
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:10 AM   #19
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I think we're going to witness absolutely horrifying......ly low prices during TJ Maxx's Annual Holiday Saleabration!!

Maxx, to the minimum! Minimum Price!

/fade out
Old 09-10-2009, 01:13 AM   #20
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
I think we're going to witness absolutely horrifying......ly low prices during TJ Maxx's Annual Holiday Saleabration!!

/fade out

For more information about my prediction, please view this youtube video on the subject:

YouTube - TJ MAXX tv commercial from 1988
Old 09-10-2009, 01:20 AM   #21
JediKooter
Coordinator

Duke Nukem Forever hits the shelves!!!!

Oh and it's the end of a long count in the Mayan calendar and the begining of a new long count.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:20 AM   #22
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

And its just funny as shit that its 12-21-12. What a lame coincidental number to choose for the end of the world. why not 10-01-10?

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:45 AM   #23
NewIdentity
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
I do not understand the (?)? Was there a question here?
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
Michael Jordan
NewIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:53 AM   #24
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
And its just funny as shit that its 12-21-12. What a lame coincidental number to choose for the end of the world. why not 10-01-10?

Yeah, those Mayan dipshits obviously knew nothing about viral marketing.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:37 AM   #25
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

For the 15th straight year I will be trying to figure out what to get my damn wife for Christmas. Pain in the ass to buy for.......
Old 09-10-2009, 06:24 AM   #26
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post

yeah people seem to forget with the 20 dropped...well we have had 19 or so 12-21-12 so far (12-21-1912 being the most recent)
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:13 AM   #27
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

That's the day I am going to marry Jessica Simpson.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:25 AM   #28
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I guarantee that some furniture company will run a holiday sale on 12-20-2012 that says 'Your purchase free if the world ends on 12-21-2012"
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...

Last edited by Mustang : 09-10-2009 at 08:26 AM.
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:31 AM   #29
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hxxp://www.adishakti.org/mayan_end_times_prophecy_12-21-2012.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by article

The Mayans knew that our Sun, or Kinich-Ahau, every so often synchronized with the enormous central galaxy. And from this central galaxy received a 'spark' of light which causes the Sun to shine more intensely producing what our scientists call 'solar flares' as well as changes in the Sun's magnetic field. The Mayans say that this happens every 5,125 years. But also that this causes a displacement in the earths rotation, and because of this movement great catastrophes would be produced.

The Mayans believed the universal processes, like the 'breathing' of the galaxy, are cycles that never change. What changes is the consciousness of man that passes through it. Always in a process toward more perfection. Based on their observations, the Mayans predicted that from the initial date of the start of their civilization, 4 Ahau, 8 Cumku which is 3113 B.C., after one cycle being completed 5,125 years in their future, December 21st, 2012. The Sun, having received a powerful ray of synchronizing light from the center of the galaxy, would change its polarity which would produce a great cosmic event that would propel human kind to be ready to cross into a new era, The Golden Age. It is after this, that the Mayans say we will be ready to go through the door that was left by them, transforming our civilization based on fear to a vibration much higher in harmony.

Their first prophecy talks about 'The Time of No-Time'. A period of 20 years, which they call a Katún. The last 20 years of the Sun's cycle of 5,125 years. This cycle is from 1992 - 2012. I'll explain this in greater detail later. They predicted that during these times, solar winds would become more intense and could be seen on the Sun. This would be a time of great realization and great change for mankind. And it would be our own lack of preservation and contamination of the planet that would contribute to these changes. According to the Mayans, these changes would happen so that mankind comprehends how the universe works so we could advance to superior levels, leaving behind superficial materialism and liberating ourselves from suffering.

The Mayans say, that seven years after the start of Katún, which is to say 1999, we would enter a time of darkness which would force us to confront our own conduct. The say that this is the time when mankind will enter 'The Sacred Hall of Mirrors'. Where we will look at ourselves and analyze our behaviors with ourselves, with others, with nature and with the planet in which we live. A time in which all of humanity, by individual conscious decisions, decides to change and eliminate fear and lack of respect from all of our relationships. The Mayans prophesied that the start of this period would be marked by a solar eclipse on August 11, 1999, known to them as 13 Ahau, 8 Cauac. And would coincide with an unprecedented planetary alignment, the 'Grand Cross' alignment. This would be the last 13 years of the Katón period. The last opportunity for our civilization to realize the changes that are coming at the moment of our spiritual regeneration.

For the Mayans, everything is numbers and the time of the 13 sacred numbers started in August 1999. They predicted that along with the eclipse, the forces of nature would act like a catalyst of changes so accelerated and with such magnitude that mankind would be powerless against them. Also, that our technologies in which we rely on so much would begin to fail us. We would no longer be able to learn from our civilization in the way that we are organized as a society. They said that our internal, spiritual development would require a better place along with a better way to interact with more respect and compassion.

The first prophecies were attained by their study of our Sun. The Mayans discovered that the entire solar system moved. That even our universe has its own cycles. Repetitive periods which begin and end like our day and night. These discoveries lead to the understanding that our solar system rotates on an ellipse that brings our solar system closer and further from the center of the galaxy. In other words, according to the Mayans, our Sun and all of its planets rotate in cycles in relation to the center of the galaxy or Hunab-Kú, the central light of the galaxy. It takes 25,625 years for our solar system to make one cycle on this ellipse. One complete cycle is called a galactic day. The cycle is divided into two halves similar to our day and night. The half closest to the central light, is our solar system's 'day' and the half furthest away is its 'night'. Each day and each night lasts 12,800 years. Which is to say, the central galaxy is the Sun for our entire solar system.

The Mayans discovered that every grand cycle has its minor cycles, that carry the same characteristics. One galactic day of 25,625 years is divided into five cycles of 5,125 years. The first cycle is the galactic morning. When our solar system is just coming out of the darkness to enter the light. The second cycle is the mid-day. When our solar system is closest to the central light. The third cycle is the afternoon. When our solar system begins to come out of the light. The fourth cycle is the late-night. When our solar system has entered its furthest cycle from the central light. And the fifth and last cycle is night before dawn. When are solar system is in its last cycle of darkness before starting again. This is the cycle we are currently coming out of.

but go right on ahead with the "end of the world" misconception. pretty intelligent things they figured out given the time.

hmmm interesting

6. In 2012 the plane of our Solar System will line up exactly with the plane of our Galaxy, the Milky Way. This cycle has taken 26,000 years to complete. Virgil Armstrong also says that two other galaxies will line up with ours at the same time. A cosmic event!

7. Time is speeding up (or collapsing). For thousands of years the Schumann Resonance or pulse (heartbeat) of Earth has been 7.83 cycles per second, The military have used this as a very reliable reference. However, since 1980 this resonance has been slowly rising. It is now over 12 cycles per second! This means there is the equivalent of less than 16 hours per day instead of the old 24 hours.

I have no idea if those 2 facts are both true, but they're interesting. Didn't even know what ths Schumann Reasonance was. But according to wikipedia links there have been studies looking at it as a sensitive metric for global change...

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 09-10-2009 at 08:41 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:32 AM   #30
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
I guarantee that some furniture company will run a holiday sale on 12-20-2012 that says 'Your purchase free if the world ends on 12-21-2012"

Gold

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:37 AM   #31
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Zombies will rise!!!! Left 4 Dead was simply a survival manual for that day, play it and learn it!!!!!! Save yourselves!!!!!!!!

I'm sure going to learn to carry more than one grenade at a time before then.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:39 AM   #32
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
That's the day I am going to marry Jessica Simpson.

So much for my "Dr. Sak is really Tony Romo" theory...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:15 AM   #33
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The 6 Best 2012 Apocalypse Theories (Are All Bullshit) | Cracked.com
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:23 AM   #34
Jughead Spock
High School Varsity

Rush will put on one final, amazing concert.

Jughead Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:44 AM   #35
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

6. In 2012 the plane of our Solar System will line up exactly with the plane of our Galaxy, the Milky Way. This cycle has taken 26,000 years to complete. Virgil Armstrong also says that two other galaxies will line up with ours at the same time. A cosmic event!

I have wondered about this part though. Meaning...I am curious what legitimate astro-physicists believe might be a potential issue with this sort of alignment(i.e. shifts in gravitational pull ripple effects). I suppose 'none' might be the conclusion which may be why I have never heard anything...though I can't say I've looked too hard.

Either way...I'm predicting snow in the northeast for that day.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:11 AM   #36
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
So much for my "Dr. Sak is really Tony Romo" theory...

If anything I am Peyton Manning. 6 foot 5 inches...240 lbs...laser rocket arm

Last edited by Dr. Sak : 09-10-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:13 AM   #37
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead Spock View Post
Rush will put on one final, amazing concert.

Great album BTW.

Quote:
Old 09-10-2009, 10:14 AM   #38
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

On 12/21/12, we will all party like it's 1999.

Quote:
Old 09-10-2009, 10:58 AM   #39
Nice Guy Eddie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMax58 View Post
I have wondered about this part though. Meaning...I am curious what legitimate astro-physicists believe might be a potential issue with this sort of alignment(i.e. shifts in gravitational pull ripple effects). I suppose 'none' might be the conclusion which may be why I have never heard anything...though I can't say I've looked too hard.

Either way...I'm predicting snow in the northeast for that day.

well, from what I've read, some astro-physicists have speculated it could cause massive solar flares, or perhaps even cause a polar shift....which of course would in fact end the world for humans.
Nice Guy Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:10 AM   #40
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I've got a couple in the shed out back.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:22 AM   #41
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
well, from what I've read, some astro-physicists have speculated it could cause massive solar flares, or perhaps even cause a polar shift....which of course would in fact end the world for humans.

Or if might not do anything. Doomsday theorists are as bad as conspiracy theorists.

Last edited by DanGarion : 09-10-2009 at 11:22 AM.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:24 AM   #42
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:

Yeah, I've heard that as well, but it's always attributed to some scientist working at some research institute in Denmark(anecdotally speaking), generically named "scientists", or some other obscure person. It's never "NASA scientists" or anybody else that actually researches things like the people who land probes on meteors and the like. Just once, I'd like to hear from somebody like that on the subject, who has actually researched the subject.

Oh well...back to pondering other complex thoughts...like what to eat for lunch.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:29 AM   #43
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I've got a couple in the shed out back.

Bigfeet or Mayans?
Old 09-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #44
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Yeah, I've heard that as well, but it's always attributed to some scientist working at some research institute in Denmark(anecdotally speaking), generically named "scientists", or some other obscure person. It's never "NASA scientists" or anybody else that actually researches things like the people who land probes on meteors and the like. Just once, I'd like to hear from somebody like that on the subject, who has actually researched the subject.

Oh well...back to pondering other complex thoughts...like what to eat for lunch.

Come to a decision yet? I am leaning towards the food I brought in today vs. going out...

Quote:
Old 09-10-2009, 11:38 AM   #45
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

My prediction: TCY2!
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:50 AM   #46
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Bigfeet or Mayans?

I thought they were Mayans, but they're really hairy so now I'm wondering.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #47
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
Come to a decision yet? I am leaning towards the food I brought in today vs. going out...

Yeah...same here. Tunafish sandwich. Not bad...but really stinks up the prep area.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:06 PM   #48
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

There's a Bullshit episode on the mayan apocalypse and they have a real scientist on the show that dismisses the claims.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:43 AM   #49
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack View Post
For a second there, I thought this thread was going to be about the shitty movie coming out in Dec.

Saw it last night. One of the worst movies I've ever seen. My God was it horrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:14 PM   #50
molson
General Manager

I just noticed that my calender ends on 12/31/09!
molson is offline   Reply With Quote