Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-26-2012, 01:49 PM   #1
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Extra-Life 2012!!

Hi FOFC; long time, no see!

I wanted to drop a quick note and let you know that the charity Extra-Life has opened registrations for the 2012 event and I was hoping some of you might sign up and participate.

In a nutshell, Extra-Life is a charity that collects donations for Children's Miracle Network hospitals around the country. While that is a good cause, the way that they collect donations is even better!

On October 20th, 2012, starting at 8am, participants will commit to play video games (or just games in general) for 24 hours straight! In the meantime, you can ask your friends and family to donate pledges to you for your efforts. You can play from wherever you wish; together with friends or at home by yourself. There is no monitoring...you just need to play!

I did this last year and it was a blast. It made me feel really good to be doing something I love, and something that a lot of people consider frivolous and counter-productive, and turn it into something positive.

I was also able to incorporate my family into the event, getting my kids to spell me for a break here and there, and playing multi-player games with them, and talking to them about what the money would be used for. I could tell that it made them feel good as well.

Here is a link with a little more information about the program:
Play Games. Heal Kids. | Extra Life - DonorDriveŽ

if you are interested, please consider signing up. You can join an existing team if you want, or just go it alone. Or, you can join the team that I started:

If you not interested in taking part in the event, but would like to donate some money, you can donate on the site or even on my page:

thanks for your time, and please consider Extra-Life!

Last edited by sachmo71 : 07-27-2012 at 01:10 PM. Reason: added note that you don't need to travel anywhere for this
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:33 PM   #2
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

WHEN: October 20, 2012 @ 8am (Or choose a date that works for your schedule)

WHERE: Anywhere you like to game (Most people play from home!)

GAME/PLATFORM: Play any games on any platforms you want including mobile devices!

HOW IT WORKS: Simply ask your friends and family to sponsor your efforts. They can make a monthly pledge or a one-time gift. Then, have a seat and play games on October 20th.

WHO IT BENEFITS: Gamers select the children's hospital they want to play for during registration. In the US and Canada there are more than 170 CMN Hospitals to choose from. Players may also choose to play for hospitals in the UK and Australia.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:37 PM   #3
spleen1015
Coordinator

I bowled for 24 straight hours back in 2006 and raised over $10k. I should do this.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:40 PM   #4
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I will donate $25 each to the first four FOFCers that sign-up. Maybe more if my budget allows for it.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:56 PM   #5
spleen1015
Coordinator

Joined a team with some folks. Here's my link for those interested in donating.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:25 AM   #6
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

here's my link! my team would LOVE $25!

all our welcome on our team. I just really hope people sign up to do this, as it's such a great cause.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #7
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

bump
Old 08-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #8
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

This charity is great for parents to get their kids involved in. If you know a parent who complains about their kiddo playing video games too much, why not point them to Extra-Life? They don't have to play for 24 hours...but if the kids can raise money AND play games, that might open their minds to how nice it feels to help others.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:37 AM   #9
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

What are you doing 10 days before Halloween eve this year? Nothing? Why not PLAY VIDEO GAMES FOR CHARITY? On October 20th, gamers from all over the country will be logging into their computers, and iphones, and sega genesi to play video games for 24 hours in support of children's hospitals. You can be part of it, too! Just follow the link to Extra-Life.org and read about it! It's for kids, as is Halloween! See how that works?

Old 08-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #10
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Please consider joining this cause. Your wife\SO\girlfrield won't be able to yell at you for playing games because you are raising money for kids!

also, use promo code MLB100 to get 50% off Papa John's order August 24-26.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #11
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Hi there! Please consider sending a donation to my team on extra-life, or sign yourself up and give a day to a great charity. it won't be boring...you get to play games!
Old 09-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #12
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

We're creeping up on october 20th, and our team is getting ready to play! Please consider donating to Extra-Life, where all of the money earned goes to the Children's Miracle Network!

Old 10-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #13
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

'Tis the ides of October, and Extra Life is only 18 days away! My friends and I will be playing games for the Children's Miracle Network, and you can help! Please give what you can and help us help the children.

We've already raised over $1000, but we don't want to stop now. You can help us keep going!

Link to a team member who hasn't raised any money yet! Please help!
Old 10-15-2012, 04:12 PM   #14
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Saturday is game day! Sign up or donate if you can!