Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-22-2008, 11:08 PM   #1
21C
College Prospect

You know what I hate

I hate when someone posts a question at a board, usually where it is some major problem, you reply with a solution and then they never respond.

Recent case in point. I hang out an Aussie PVR board where someone had some issues with their recordings. They were so worked up about nobody replying to their first post which got bumped to the second page that they posted a second message the next day. I replied with some possible workarounds and suggestions of other boards that they could investigate.

Now I'd expect that the guy would reply with something like "that didn't work" or "that did the trick" or even a simple thanks. But instead - nothing.

I don't get that. There have been countless other times (although I have to say not at this board) that people post about some intricate problem and then never give any feedback about someone's advice. You don't even know if they read your reply.

21C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:11 PM   #2
st.cronin
General Manager

That bothers me much less than when somebody asks a question and nobody bothers to answer.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:17 PM   #3
21C
College Prospect

I know it shouldn't bug me but it does. I guess it's because it is about the 10th time it's happened to me.
21C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:20 AM   #4
MikeVic
Head Coach

I know what you mean. It really depends on my mood, but I know it sometimes bugs me so I try to follow-up with progress or a thanks or something in my question threads.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:06 AM   #5
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21C View Post
I hate when someone posts a question at a board, usually where it is some major problem, you reply with a solution and then they never respond.

Recent case in point. I hang out an Aussie PVR board where someone had some issues with their recordings. They were so worked up about nobody replying to their first post which got bumped to the second page that they posted a second message the next day. I replied with some possible workarounds and suggestions of other boards that they could investigate.

Now I'd expect that the guy would reply with something like "that didn't work" or "that did the trick" or even a simple thanks. But instead - nothing.

I don't get that. There have been countless other times (although I have to say not at this board) that people post about some intricate problem and then never give any feedback about someone's advice. You don't even know if they read your reply.

bumping a thread now bc of this post
korme is offline   Reply With Quote