Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-13-2003, 04:17 PM   #1
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

MSU loses to La Tech!

Like I said in a previous thread,Michigan is the only legitimate team that has a shot at beating Ohio State.

Last edited by tucker rocky : 09-13-2003 at 04:18 PM.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 04:22 PM   #2
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Like I have said, Purdue is a tough team. At Penn State can never be consider a given. Wisconsin has a big offense and if they play well, have a chance. Iowa is a good squad. Never under estimate what teams will do when playing the "best team" in the conference.
Old 09-13-2003, 04:26 PM   #3
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Arkansas beat Texas today. Do you think that when people were looking at Texas's schedule, they were thinking, hmm, that Arkansas game is a toss up. No. They were thinking win, but that is why they play the games. Does this mean that Arkansas is a better team than Texas. No, but they were today. If they played 10 times, it probably would be a 8-2 split or 7-3 for Texas, but Arkansas won the one that mattered.
Old 09-13-2003, 05:22 PM   #4
hollmt
High School Varsity

Re: MSU loses to La Tech!

Quote:
Originally posted by tucker rocky
Like I said in a previous thread,Michigan is the only legitimate team that has a shot at beating Ohio State.

Well then according to your theory, lets go ahead and give OSU a new record of 11-0. Michigan can have a record of 11-0 too. I guess there is no reason to play the rest of the season now cause you have it all figured out.
So now, OSU is 11-0, and people can bitch about how they were given 8 more victories that they didnt earn, and we can listen to that garbage for another year.
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 06:28 PM   #5
JeeberD
General Manager

Go WAC!!!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 09:17 PM   #6
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

IU baby! IU!
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 09:27 PM   #7
tucker342
Pro Starter

Quote:

And Michigan State had a chance?!?!?!

Ohio State isn't that good! Lots of teams have a chance this year, Purdue, Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin, hell basically every team beside Michigan State, Indiana, and Northwestern.
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 12:21 AM   #8
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Sparty will win about one game in the Big Ten this year; I have no doubt John L. will turn that program around but at this point, the previous regime has left him a sinking ship.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 01:38 PM   #9
dixieflatline
High School Varsity

Well I would like to think that the Spartans will win more than one game in conference this year but the schedule isn't so kind.

Iowa
Indiana
At Illinois
At Minnesota
Michigan
At Ohio State
At Wisconsin
Penn State

Not to use this as an excuse but their starting QB got knocked out of the game in the first half and La Tech did get a little bit lucky near the end with an onside kick and such. I think they could win three in the big ten but two wins is probably more likely. Ice why do you have so much confidence in Jon L? He may be able to turn the ship around but I certainly have doubts. After Saban left the program has certainly fallen.
dixieflatline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 03:12 PM   #10
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Maybe because after seeing the disaster known as the Bobby Williams show for a couple years John L. seems like Jesus.

Truthfully, he seems extremely enthusiastic and seems like he really cares about the program. I always thought the Williams experiment was going to end in a mess, but it was worse than I thought it would be; nobody gave a shit in that program last year. You are not going to see that out of Smith, and, really MSU shouldn't be as bad as they often are. Nice campus, East Lansing is a great city (much better place to spend time than Ann Arbor IMO), and a huge student body/fanbase in the area that is dying for a winner; just look at the basketball program.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 05:06 PM   #11
dixieflatline
High School Varsity

Yes those Bobby Williams years were hard to take. What Saban brought to the school was some great recruits. Julian Peterson, Robare Smith, Plexico, T. J. Charles Rodgers all playing pretty well in the NFL all recruited under Saban. If Jon L. is going to turn things around he is going to have to convince the kids in Flint and Detroit that MSU is the place to play and not ND, Michigan, OSU etc. We will see if he can do that.
dixieflatline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 07:45 PM   #12
tucker342
Pro Starter

That will be very hard for him to convince those kids to go to MSU instead of Michigan....
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote