Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-12-2024, 03:59 PM   #401
Atocep
Coordinator

The Hawks land the number 1 pick. It's not a great draft, but it does open up the opportunity for them to deal Trae Young and rebuild on the fly. The challenge would be finding a trade partner. His style of play is difficult to bring into an established roster so I don't think his actual value will come close to his perceived value.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 05:07 PM   #402
molson
General Manager

Glad to see an OK team that tried get the top pick.

Suck it tankers.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 05:30 PM   #403
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
The Hawks land the number 1 pick. It's not a great draft, but it does open up the opportunity for them to deal Trae Young and rebuild on the fly. The challenge would be finding a trade partner. His style of play is difficult to bring into an established roster so I don't think his actual value will come close to his perceived value.
My guess is that this makes it way less likely they move on from Trey. If they are picking Sarr like most project, then they are already going to move on from Clint Capella and Onyeka Okongwu. Trading those guys and Murray give thems lots of ammo to building around Trey and Sarr. It opens up a good many options.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 05:48 PM   #404
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Raptors tanking for nothing was funny
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 06:07 PM   #405
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
My guess is that this makes it way less likely they move on from Trey. If they are picking Sarr like most project, then they are already going to move on from Clint Capella and Onyeka Okongwu. Trading those guys and Murray give thems lots of ammo to building around Trey and Sarr. It opens up a good many options.
Then again, my nephew who covers the team professionally says this might set off a complete rebuild. Sarr will need time to develop, so this might just be the excuse to dump most of the team and start over.
Old 05-12-2024, 06:55 PM   #406
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Then again, my nephew who covers the team professionally says this might set off a complete rebuild. Sarr will need time to develop, so this might just be the excuse to dump most of the team and start over.

I don't know if they have the guts to do it. I do think moving on from Trae would be the smart move in the long run. His style of play is incredibly difficult to build around. Undersized, ball dominate PG, volume shooter, god awful defender. He's essentially the modern AI in some ways.

The roster, as constructed, is poorly built and this would be a great excuse to hit the reset button and not have a complete fan meltdown.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 07:12 PM   #407
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I don't know if they have the guts to do it. I do think moving on from Trae would be the smart move in the long run. His style of play is incredibly difficult to build around. Undersized, ball dominate PG, volume shooter, god awful defender. He's essentially the modern AI in some ways.

The roster, as constructed, is poorly built and this would be a great excuse to hit the reset button and not have a complete fan meltdown.
I think the fans will melt down if they trade Trey. Just from what I have seen online, people seem pretty hostile to the idea. As for me, I agree with you. He is a near impossible player to build around.
Old Yesterday, 01:28 AM   #408
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Trae and Murray to the Spurs for Filler/4/8/all of the Hawks picks back?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote