Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-28-2006, 03:21 PM   #1
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Xbox 360 Madden problem....

So I've started to play madden again with new sliders that I seem to like. I decided I would take the Bills and simulate the first season, that way I could get to year two and start to rebuild them. Well, that has been much harder than I first thought.

My first try I made it to week two of the regular season. The simulating stopped on the Jets-Dolphins game. No matter what I tried the game would not let me play or simulate that game. It would pop up like it was going to simulate and then just stop like nothing happened. After messing with it for about 10 minutes I started a new franchise with the Bills.

This time I made it past the week two game, but it again stopped simulating at week 15. You guessed it, another Jets-Dolphins game. Again, no matter what I tried I couldn't get past this game. Wouldn't simulate or allow me to play it out.

The only modifications I have made are the different sliders and the rosters I had to download to play online. I tried to call the tech support line, but they are closed today. Has anyone heard of a problem like this? If so any fixes they know of.

Both of the teams had alot of injuries, but their depth charts were full. That was the first thing I checked. Thanks in advance guys.

dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 03:59 PM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I had it stop on that very game with lots of injuries in week 2 of one of my test sims. I started a new test sim and never had the problem again. I also played a season and a half of Madde with no problems. I'm not sure exactly what caused the problem, or if there is a workaround for it.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 04:10 PM   #3
Raiders Army
Coordinator

From what I have read on the Madden forums, there is problem with the GM AI. IIRC, what happens is there are injuries and the computer team needs to sign a player (e.g. a QB because they need 3 QBs). I think it has to do with the salary cap or something, but the game won't sim and you're stuck. There are two workarounds that I know of (neither of which will help you):

1. Begin a franchise with all human GMs.
2. Save a week behind your franchise so you can reload an earlier week in case this happens.

I've begun my third year of my franchise and I haven't come up against this bug yet. I also play every game (except exhibition games).
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 04:17 PM   #4
Terps
College Prospect

You can turn off injuries for year 1.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 04:20 PM   #5
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terps
You can turn off injuries for year 1.

Sounds like the route I'm going to take for the time being. Thanks guys.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 04:22 PM   #6
Raiders Army
Coordinator

From the Maddenmania forums:

Quote:
Actually this is a known problem for users who have downloaded the latest rosters online. If you've done this, then that is most likely your problem. It can be solved by deleting the downloaded roster and using the default roster that comes with the game.

If you haven't downloaded the latest roster and were already using the default one, then I'm not sure what your issue would be.

or

Quote:
Another solution is to start your franchise and select to turn off injuries and pre-existing injuries. That is what causes the conflict, the Jets and when a certain injury occurs. I have started franchises and turned off injuries and was able to sim threw the first year. You can then turn back on injuries in year two and later. At least that way you get more accurate rosters to play with in subsequent years.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote