Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-08-2011, 08:41 PM   #1
cuervo72
Head Coach

NFL Week 14 Thread

That foot/ankle didn't look comfortable.

cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:42 PM   #2
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Anyone else think Big Ben is done for the year?
Old 12-08-2011, 08:48 PM   #3
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:50 PM   #4
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I feel bad for saying this but Big Ben going down always puts a little smile on my face

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders

Last edited by CleBrownsfan : 12-08-2011 at 08:51 PM.
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:01 PM   #5
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

The fact Deion/NFL Network doesn't know Leftwich got IRd is sort of sad. You'd think that sort of information would be readily available.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:05 PM   #6
BillJasper
Pro Starter

I'm surprised he didn't break his ankle, but they say the x-rays came back negative.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #7
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
I feel bad for saying this but Big Ben going down always puts a little smile on my face

The Browns making the playoffs makes me a bit sad. I've been a happy person for a long time.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #8
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Looks like he may try to play the second half. Really? You're going to jeopardize the rest of the season because Batch can't move the ball against the Browns?
Old 12-08-2011, 09:13 PM   #9
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Big Ben got a better deal than most when he sold his soul to the devil.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:36 PM   #10
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

How is Charlie Batch still in the NFL? This aint FOF...
Old 12-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #11
stevew
Hall Of Famer

How can't you have Dixon dressed too. Tomlinson sure does dumb shit for a W&M guy.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #12
BillJasper
Pro Starter

If its a choice of dressing Batch or Dixon, why would you dress Batch?
Old 12-08-2011, 10:06 PM   #13
TroyF
Coordinator

It's long overdue for Goodall to suspend Harrison.

That was one of the cheapest shots I've seen in a long time. it wasn't a case of a QB ducking his head down and having an accident. Harrison simply dropped his helmet and drilled McCoy in the face mask. A hit like that SHOULD have the player kicked out of the game.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:12 PM   #14
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'd gladly see him tossed out of the game rather than giving up 15 yard personal fouls.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:17 PM   #15
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I'd gladly see him tossed out of the game rather than giving up 15 yard personal fouls.

I really have nothing against the Steelers, but that garbage is cheap and I'm tired of the "threats" of suspension. Give him the 15 yard penalty, eject him from the game and suspend him 3 games. What he just did is worse than what Suh did.

He's going to seriously injury somebody (I'm talking ending a career or even breaking a neck). It's time for the warnings to stop. Suspend him and tell him if he does it again, he'll be gone for 8 weeks next time. Hopefully he would just retire like he's threatened to. If he does come back, it's with a short leash. This shouldn't be allowed to continue any longer.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:23 PM   #16
TroyF
Coordinator

I know McCoy isn't a good QB, but is he playing with a concussion? That throw was just terrible.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:25 PM   #17
stevew
Hall Of Famer

How bad is Colt McCoy. He has no business being an NFL starter. Especially when he came into camp uncontested. They should have brought in Hasselbeck. With the schedule they play, they'd be a 10 win team.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:26 PM   #18
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
I know McCoy isn't a good QB, but is he playing with a concussion? That throw was just terrible.

I've watched him 7-8 times or more now...he really sucks.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:27 AM   #19
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's long overdue for Goodall to suspend Harrison.

That was one of the cheapest shots I've seen in a long time. it wasn't a case of a QB ducking his head down and having an accident. Harrison simply dropped his helmet and drilled McCoy in the face mask. A hit like that SHOULD have the player kicked out of the game.

Watched it for the first time, as I had previously listened to it on the radio. A QB getting pasted that far outside of the pocket doesn't inspire as much anger as if he was in the pocket. He still doesn't need to hit the guy like that, however. I'm not sure how much of a penalty, if any, it would be if a RB was hit like that.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:07 AM   #20
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
How bad is Colt McCoy. He has no business being an NFL starter. Especially when he came into camp uncontested. They should have brought in Hasselbeck. With the schedule they play, they'd be a 10 win team.

Colt has NO surrounding cast. I'm not a Colt supporter but I do feel it's really hard to gauge where he is at because the Browns have absolutly no playmakers on offense. Their OL should have been above averge (the starting RG got hurt in camp and Browns have zero depth - in any position) but even they are struggling this year.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:30 AM   #21
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

From the little I watched of the game last night, McCoy seems to have decent pocket presence in terms of feeling pressure and being able to move around, get outside, and make either a throw or a few yards running when others might not. But the accuracy just isn't there. There was a play where he made a really nice move to get away from pocket pressure, scramble to his right, locate a receiver getting open - and he threw it beyond the receiver. Not an easy throw, but one an NFL QB needs to make, because he was open. Mayock even said something to the effect that he did everything right except make the throw. That's somewhat of a problem.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:42 AM   #22
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:

Shades of Bill Romanowski and Kerry Collins all over again...
Old 12-09-2011, 08:41 AM   #23
TroyF
Coordinator

Sorry, he was in the acts of throwing and Harrison took two full steps and hit him in his face mask. It was deplorable.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:49 AM   #24
TroyF
Coordinator

Maybe I just take things too seriously, but I cannot believe how idiotic a lot of NFL coaches are.

Last night the Browns have the ball on the Steeler 30 yard line down 14-3 with 16 seconds left. They proceeded t run a standard play, McCoy got sacked and the game ended. WHY?

I know hope is about 99.8 percent gone, but you still have a prayer of tying up the game. You have to kick the FG there. It's a 47 yarder and it will beat a tough kick, but you have to take it. After the kick, you have 10 seconds or so and you are down 8. Onside kick, hail Mary and 2 point conversion and it is a tie game.

Again, I understand this is highly unlikely, but your goal is to give yourself the best chance to win. I do not get it.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:59 AM   #25
TroyF
Coordinator

PFT is reporting he may have played with a concussion. The league needs to investigate this and if it is true, the doctors on the Cleveland sideline need to be fired instantly. We have guys killing themselves after too many of these things. It's not about being tough anymore. It is about doing the right thing.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:11 AM   #26
Aylmar
High School Varsity

Quote:
Watched it for the first time, as I had previously listened to it on the radio. A QB getting pasted that far outside of the pocket doesn't inspire as much anger as if he was in the pocket. He still doesn't need to hit the guy like that, however. I'm not sure how much of a penalty, if any, it would be if a RB was hit like that.

If it were a running back? No fine, no penalty. In fact, if McCoy doesn't pull up and throw it's still no fine, no penalty. He had tucked the ball and left the pocket as a runner until a last minute decision where he decided to pull up and throw the ball. Did Harrison even know he was behind the line of scrimmage? If he's beyond the line of scrimmage, that's a legal hit. If he keeps the ball tucked, it's a legal hit. Only in the exact circumstance that it played out is it a penalty.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:14 AM   #27
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylmar View Post
If it were a running back? No fine, no penalty. In fact, if McCoy doesn't pull up and throw it's still no fine, no penalty. He had tucked the ball and left the pocket as a runner until a last minute decision where he decided to pull up and throw the ball. Did Harrison even know he was behind the line of scrimmage? If he's beyond the line of scrimmage, that's a legal hit. If he keeps the ball tucked, it's a legal hit. Only in the exact circumstance that it played out is it a penalty.

Nope, he hit him in the facemask with his helmet. That's a penalty and likely a fine no matter who is getting hit. The only special circumstances are that because of Harrison's history, he may be facing a suspension.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:16 AM   #28
Aylmar
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Nope, he hit him in the facemask with his helmet. That's a penalty and likely a fine no matter who is getting hit. The only special circumstances are that because of Harrison's history, he may be facing a suspension.

No it's not. Helmet to helmet contact against a running back is not a fine or penalty. Mendenhall went into the middle of the line against the Browns on their goal-line stand and Gocong hit him in the chin with the crown of his helmet. Just lined him up and leveled him. No penalty, no mention of a fine, no outrage.

Last edited by Aylmar : 12-09-2011 at 09:18 AM.
Aylmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:30 AM   #29
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylmar View Post
No it's not. Helmet to helmet contact against a running back is not a fine or penalty. Mendenhall went into the middle of the line against the Browns on their goal-line stand and Gocong hit him in the chin with the crown of his helmet. Just lined him up and leveled him. No penalty, no mention of a fine, no outrage.

Mayock said those exact words during the game, that RBs don't receive the same protection from helmet-to-helmet hits.

I understand the flag, because even as a runner, they are going to do their best to protect the QB. But the calls for a suspension are a little excessive.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:34 AM   #30
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Vikings defensive end Jared Allen isn’t likely to get the warmest of receptions at Ford Field Sunday.
Especially after Allen had a few choice words for the city of Detroit in a recent radio interview on KFAN in Minneapolis.
“I don’t like going to Detroit,” Allen said, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune. “I’ll be honest. It’s gloomy, it sucks. Everything is brown and then there is snow on the ground. There’s like brownstones everywhere and I’m like, ‘Awesome.’ I don’t know, I couldn’t do it. If I had to live in Detroit, I think I’d just drown myself in the river that was across the way.
“I’m not trying to be mean but it’s just depressing when I go there. There’s two cities like I don’t go out to eat or don’t do anything. It’s Detroit and New Orleans. New Orleans looks like I’m driving through a third-world country. Every time I get off the plane, I’m like, ‘Oh, flak jacket.’ I’m trying to get down. I’m like, ‘Ah, crap, I can’t carry my gun here. This sucks.’”
Allen is second in the league in sacks with 14.5 and having one of his best seasons.

Detroitlions.com Blog | Jared Allen trashes cities of Detroit and New Orleans «
Old 12-09-2011, 09:35 AM   #31
BillJasper
Pro Starter

I really think the rules should treat the QB as a RB as soon as they leave the pocket, unless they slide and give themselves up.

Or you simply make it illegal for the QB to run up field past the line of scrimmage.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:45 AM   #32
Aylmar
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
Mayock said those exact words during the game, that RBs don't receive the same protection from helmet-to-helmet hits.

I understand the flag, because even as a runner, they are going to do their best to protect the QB. But the calls for a suspension are a little excessive.

The problem I have is that the rules are designed to protect someone who is "defenseless". So, the QB in the pocket because he is looking downfield and can't protect himself from guys he can't see. The WR because he's looking back to catch the ball and laying himself out, etc. To me, however, once you cross the line of scrimmage or establish possession on a catch you're just another runner and the "protection" rules no longer apply (McCoy is a little grey last night because he's clearly trying to skirt the line of scrimmage and extend his options as long as possible - I can see the flag in that case as well, but not the righteous indignation). You can protect yourself at that point. You see him coming and don't want to get hit...slide.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:26 AM   #33
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

He gets off on saying idiotic things like this. Whether he believes it to be true or not there was no reason to say it. Insulting to a couple of cities that have been through a lot lately.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:27 AM   #34
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
Anyone else think Big Ben is done for the year?

Yeah, I think he's done with college girls for the rest of the year. Maybe next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:31 AM   #35
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
He gets off on saying idiotic things like this. Whether he believes it to be true or not there was no reason to say it. Insulting to a couple of cities that have been through a lot lately.

Yeah. It's like his thing. He's like a WWE superstar or something. He just says things to get a rise out of people and create a little drama. His team sucks. They are 2-10. He's has to say something to generate a little excitement.

That said, this could be a tough game. The Lions have no Suh or Fairley. Delmas and Houston are still out. Kevin Smith will try his best to play, but he's not going to last long.

If Adrian Peterson is healthy and given how much Allen and the Vikings d-line got to Stafford during the first game, it could be a tough one.

However, if the Lions can't beat a 2-10 team at home then they really don't deserve to be in the playoffs.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:01 AM   #36
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
PFT is reporting he may have played with a concussion. The league needs to investigate this and if it is true, the doctors on the Cleveland sideline need to be fired instantly. We have guys killing themselves after too many of these things. It's not about being tough anymore. It is about doing the right thing.

Totally agree on this one. Where is the oversight committee and sideline doctors?
Old 12-09-2011, 02:50 PM   #37
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Colt McCoy of Cleveland Browns diagnosed with concussion - ESPN
Old 12-09-2011, 04:08 PM   #38
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post

That said, this could be a tough game. The Lions have no Suh or Fairley. Delmas and Houston are still out. Kevin Smith will try his best to play, but he's not going to last long.

If Adrian Peterson is healthy and given how much Allen and the Vikings d-line got to Stafford during the first game, it could be a tough one.

Its one of them scary divisional late season games where I am sure the Vikings would like nothing more than to screw up Detroits playoff chances but I think with the Vikings secondary being in the shape it is in Stafford will be able to pass through them like a hot knife on butter. Its also looking more like Webb is going to be under center.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:38 PM   #39
TroyF
Coordinator

John Lynch was suspended for a helmet to helmet hit on a running back. This was five plus years ago. If you TARGET the guys head, it should be a suspension no matter who it is. Again this wasn't about a runner ducking into the hit. It's not about two guys diving. It's about Harrison targeting the head of a player and succeeding. He hit right where he was trying to hit. If you try to hit someone in the head, you should be out of this league.

As for the Cleveland doctors, I stand by what I said. They all need to lose their jobs and I'm not sure the coach should be safe either. That was a brutal hit and anyone could see that. They should have did the full concussion test and I don't buy for a second they did it. He doesn't even remember the damned play. Just ridiculous.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:42 PM   #40
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I just ran into Ndamukong Suh a few minutes ago while walking my dog. I was definitely Suhprised to see him.

And, no, he didn't stomp on me or my dog or anyone.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:00 PM   #41
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I think I could have diagnosed that after the hit.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:28 PM   #42
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I just ran into Ndamukong Suh a few minutes ago while walking my dog. I was definitely Suhprised to see him.

And, no, he didn't stomp on me or my dog or anyone.

Later he will lie to his friends about how he happened to run into you. Was there a taxi nearby?

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:15 PM   #43
kingfc22
Head Coach

Dream Team down early to the suddenly surging Dolphins.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:20 PM   #44
TroyF
Coordinator

Mort is reporting the league is looking at a 1 or 2 game suspension for Harrison. Also says they may mandate neurologists on the sidelines after the McCoy incident. I thought Ditka was going to attack Hoge today and if they'd been in the same studio there might have been blood. Hoge continues to give Tebow ZERO credit for the wins. Today he was talking about the offensive line and highlighted two plays where the backside of the Vikings defense didn't pursue the play. Of course Hoge failed to mention this fact and talked about how great the line play was.

Ditka asked the question that everyone should be asking themselves: If they were so good, why did they not block that way for Orton?

Ditka then makes the statement: "The other guy wasn't doing anything, this guy is winning, what do you want the staff to do, shoot him?" Parcells also ripped on Hoge for awhile. I respect Hoge having an opinion and he may be proven right, but when you can't give any credit when it is due, it makes you look like an ass.

Ponder turnover has Lions up 7, Ravens, Pats, Jets all up a TD as well.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:21 PM   #45
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Mort is reporting the league is looking at a 1 or 2 game suspension for Harrison. Also says they may mandate neurologists on the sidelines after the McCoy incident. I thought Ditka was going to attack Hoge today and if they'd been in the same studio there might have been blood. Hoge continues to give Tebow ZERO credit for the wins. Today he was talking about the offensive line and highlighted two plays where the backside of the Vikings defense didn't pursue the play. Of course Hoge failed to mention this fact and talked about how great the line play was.

Ditka asked the question that everyone should be asking themselves: If they were so good, why did they not block that way for Orton?

Ditka then makes the statement: "The other guy wasn't doing anything, this guy is winning, what do you want the staff to do, shoot him?" Parcells also ripped on Hoge for awhile. I respect Hoge having an opinion and he may be proven right, but when you can't give any credit when it is due, it makes you look like an ass.

Ponder turnover has Lions up 7, Ravens, Pats, Jets all up a TD as well.

Two drop backs lead to a sack fumble into the endzone and an interception. Classic Ponder!

Last edited by mckerney : 12-11-2011 at 12:22 PM.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:24 PM   #46
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Dream Team down early to the suddenly surging Dolphins.

A blocked punt helped setup the TD there. Redskins and Bengals driving and both have procedure penalties at the 1 yard line. Good lord.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:26 PM   #47
Grover
Pro Starter

And the Bengals shoot themselves in the foot with a procedure penalty at the 1 after a great 42 yard run from Benson. Three plays, three yards, settle for a field goal rather than being able to pound it home from the 1.

Dammit.

3-3 with Houston.

Ben Tate ripped off a nice 44 yard run for Houston, otherwise they haven't had a lot. Yates is overthrowing his receivers pretty badly.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:33 PM   #48
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Jason Taylor sacking Vick is a perfect example of everything that is right in this world.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:33 PM   #49
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Mon Vikes, dont win now! Manning might come back to save his job this season, the #1 pick still might be yours so dont start winning. AP's "injury" should keep him out the remainder of the season
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:33 PM   #50
TroyF
Coordinator

Yates first pass was pretty good. . . after that he's been terrible. An INT puts the Bengals in scoring position again. The procedure penalties killed both the Bengal and Redskin drives.

Detroit mauling Minny.