Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: How do you feel about George Bush today?
I voted for him in 2004 and approve of the job he is doing. 40 22.99%
I voted for someone else in 2004 but approve of the job he is doing. 0 0%
I didn't vote in 2004 and approve of the job he is doing. 4 2.30%
I voted for him in 2004 and disapprove of the job he is doing. 9 5.17%
I voted for someone else in 2004 and disapprove of the job he is doing. 84 48.28%
I didn't vote in 2004 and disapprove of the job he is doing. 23 13.22%
Vote trout in 2008! 14 8.05%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2005, 09:31 AM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

George W. Bush's FOFC Approval Rating

This ought to get the attention of the Republican party. FOFC is now weighing in! Not trying to spark more horrible partisan debate -- just curious to see how things break out.

Edit:
If it helps, read this as "Would you have voted for him in 2004 knowing what you know now?"

Last edited by Kodos : 10-18-2005 at 10:24 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:31 AM   #2
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

?
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:32 AM   #3
Huckleberry
College Starter

I'm assuming a poll is forthcoming.

The important question is whether we're talking about the President or the FOFC poster.

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:40 AM   #4
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry
I'm assuming a poll is forthcoming.

The important question is whether we're talking about the President or the FOFC poster.

The President. Of course, I always assumed they were one in the same...
Old 10-18-2005, 09:41 AM   #5
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

It's now time for "LOCK THAT THREAD!" Sponsored by Bud Light and hosted by Kodos.

I can lock that thread in 20 posts.

Old 10-18-2005, 09:42 AM   #6
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

hmmm, this is a tough call for me. On some issues, I think the President is doing a good job. On others... not so much.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:43 AM   #7
finketr
College Prospect

our member GWB is doing a gine job
finketr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:43 AM   #8
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

He is at best decent. Which puts him in the top 20.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:46 AM   #9
Kodos
Resident Alien

In before the lock!
Old 10-18-2005, 09:47 AM   #10
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
In before the lock!
You're just padding the thread's post count!

Oh, damn it, I just did, too!
Old 10-18-2005, 10:02 AM   #11
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
hmmm, this is a tough call for me. On some issues, I think the President is doing a good job. On others... not so much.

Agreed.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:11 AM   #12
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

I think he's doing a poor job in many ways. I would have voted for him in 2000, but not in 2004 (the gay marriage and religious pandering got on my nerves).

Edit: And yes, I think the poll needs more options.

Last edited by Crapshoot : 10-18-2005 at 10:16 AM.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 10:12 AM   #13
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Hard to vote here. I approve of some things, disappove of others.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:15 AM   #14
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I voted in the wrong category, because I read the questions wrong. I didn't vote for him in 2000 or 2004, opting for 3rd party candidates in both years.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:24 AM   #15
Kodos
Resident Alien

If it helps, read this as "Would you have voted for him in 2004 knowing what you know now?"
Old 10-18-2005, 10:37 AM   #16
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, this one is pretty much split on a partisan basis..
Old 10-18-2005, 10:38 AM   #17
Ben E Lou

Quote:
In that case, I pretty much got what I bargained for. I wasn't enamored with Dubya to begin with, and he hasn't moved me much in either direction. However, I still believe that he was a mediocre option, while Kerry and Badnarik were bad options, which is why I held my nose and voted for him in '04. {Sigh}

EDIT: So I guess, at least in terms of this poll, that I "approve" of him, since he's doing about how I expected.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 10-18-2005 at 10:40 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 10:40 AM   #18
Alf
Pro Starter

trout here
Old 10-18-2005, 10:45 AM   #19
bob
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie

Not true - I voted for him in 2000 and 2004 and don't like the job he is doing.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 10:54 AM   #20
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie

I'd disagree. I would have voted for him in 2000, for example. The pick of Miers and the general cronyism bothers me - a lot.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:55 AM   #21
Raiders Army
Coordinator

What's the error percentage on this poll?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:00 AM   #22
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I'm surprised at the somewhat lopsided margin of people in the voted for Bush category vs. voted for someone else category. I have perceived FOFC as tending more Republican than the general population. Is this unscientic sample poll error, a case of FOFC being more liberal than I perceive or a case of trout envy?
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:09 AM   #23
timmynausea
College Starter

Shit! I clicked the wrong circle somehow. I voted for someone else and disapprove, but I clicked didn't vote and disapprove.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:10 AM   #24
Kodos
Resident Alien

I think people who voted for him are reluctant to say that they regret their vote.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:15 AM   #25
Ben E Lou

Quote:
I think people who voted for him are reluctant to say that they regret their vote.
Or that it is a poorly-conceived/worded poll. You'd have to be a complete partisan kool-aid drinker on either side to say categorically that you "approve" or "disapprove" of the job he's doing. I approve of some things, and I disapprove of others, which is how I'd imagine most people feel.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:19 AM   #26
Kodos
Resident Alien

So it's not possible to decide between whether overall you're happy he's President or overall not happy? It's not difficult. Am I supposed to break it out on every possible issue?

Last edited by Kodos : 10-18-2005 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:29 AM   #27
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
So it's not possible to decide between whether overall you're happy he's President or overall not happy? It's not difficult. Am I supposed to break it out on every possible issue?

But happy that he's president doesn't necessarily equal approval for the job he's doing.

I'm incredibly happy John Kerry's not the President. That doesn't mean I'm thrilled about some of the things Bush has done.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:30 AM   #28
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19
I'm surprised at the somewhat lopsided margin of people in the voted for Bush category vs. voted for someone else category. I have perceived FOFC as tending more Republican than the general population. Is this unscientic sample poll error, a case of FOFC being more liberal than I perceive or a case of trout envy?

I have the same perception as you - that FOFC is adamantly conservative. However, I've seen similar results with similar polls over the years - suggesting that FOFC isn't so much a conservative community as much as they have a small(ish) number of extraordinarily vocal conservatives.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:31 AM   #29
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19

It's about on par with what I expected. FOFC is a younger crowd and the Democratic Party targets the young crowd as one of their many 'hands-off' minority groups. Now, the key is to not grow up and the Democrats will love you forever.

Last edited by Dutch : 10-18-2005 at 11:34 AM.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 12:02 PM   #30
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Y'know, I was about to be stumped on how to answer the poll until I saw this part. Once you break it down to that question though, it became very easy.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:04 PM   #31
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch
It's about on par with what I expected.

What Dutch said.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:05 PM   #32
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie
I have the same perception as you - that FOFC is adamantly conservative. However, I've seen similar results with similar polls over the years - suggesting that FOFC isn't so much a conservative community as much as they have a small(ish) number of extraordinarily vocal conservatives.

I think that's true, that we have some extraordinary vocal conservatives who tend to make people think there are more conservatives than normal. Then again, from what I've seen, people on the internet tend more liberal.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:14 PM   #33
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
In that case, I pretty much got what I bargained for. I wasn't enamored with Dubya to begin with, and he hasn't moved me much in either direction. However, I still believe that he was a mediocre option, while Kerry and Badnarik were bad options, which is why I held my nose and voted for him in '04. {Sigh}

EDIT: So I guess, at least in terms of this poll, that I "approve" of him, since he's doing about how I expected.

What he said, really. I wasn't terribly thrilled with the second half of Bush's first term, and would have voted for someone else if there had been a candidate I could get behind, but to take a page from Robin Williams' book, as things stood I had to say "Sorry John, but he scares me less than you do."
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 12:17 PM   #34
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

One of the "I didn't vote in 2004 and don't approve" should be moved to the "I voted for someone else and disapprove" column. In case there is a tie.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 12:24 PM   #35
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
But happy that he's president doesn't necessarily equal approval for the job he's doing.

I'm incredibly happy John Kerry's not the President. That doesn't mean I'm thrilled about some of the things Bush has done.
Bingo.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:26 PM   #36
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
I wasn't terribly thrilled with the second half of Bush's first term, and would have voted for someone else if there had been a candidate I could get behind, but to take a page from Robin Williams' book, as things stood I had to say "Sorry John, but he scares me less than you do."
Bingo again.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:29 PM   #37
Ben E Lou

Another factor here could be that some of Dubya's "neocon-ish" ways are counter to the sensibilities of "true" conservatives, a factor that probably cuts to the core of the I-saw-no-better-option comments in this thread.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:29 PM   #38
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Agreed with Cam and SkyDog. I voted for Bush because I agree with his foreign policy, but some of his domestic policy has left me desiring more.

All in all, thank God we never had President Gore or President Kerry!
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 12:31 PM   #39
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
It's about on par with what I expected. FOFC is a younger crowd and the Democratic Party targets the young crowd as one of their many 'hands-off' minority groups. Now, the key is to not grow up and the Democrats will love you forever.

What do you consider young? I don't know if you remember the age distribution poll, but most people on this board range from 29 - 36. They are pretty much in our age range. And just because someone voted for another candidate doesn't make them a diehard liberal or conservative.

There are a number of people, like myself, who vote for a person who share some semblance of their values and belief. You will find these people on both sides, but they are usually the ones that never get picked to be our leaders.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 12:40 PM   #40
Subby
lolzcat

Around the time of Reagan's funeral I was 50-50 on Bush - I found myself defending him more often than not. I think things had gone downhill drastically since that point.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 12:41 PM   #41
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Around the time of Reagan's funeral I was 50-50 on Bush - I found myself defending him more often than not. I think things had gone downhill drastically since that point.

Do you think he killed Reagan?
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 12:48 PM   #42
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71
Do you think he killed Reagan?
lol
lighthousekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 01:01 PM   #43
revrew
Team Chaplain

I voted in the "voted for him but disapprove" category. Not that I would have voted any differently in 2004--given the options, as others have said. I do, however, feel greatly let down by this particular leader. Perhaps it was because I had greater expectations for him.

As a fiscal conservative, I find his domestic spending initiatives to be a slap in the face to his entire party. As a social conservative, I find his political maneuvering with the Supreme Court justices to be unsettling.

Just once, I'd like to see a Republican elected who continued to act like it once he was in office. Or, in lieu of such an improbable thing, I'd like to see a legitimate presidential candidate I can support fully from the beginning instead of having to settle for the lukewarm dishes our (sadly, only) 2 political parties keep serving up.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 01:09 PM   #44
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

You know Dutch, you're a solid dittohead- if someone wants your opinion on an issue, its easy to consult the Frontpage website.

Heck, if we're playing the stereotype game, all you need to do is be a racist or homophobic Southerner (culminating in the "Southern Strategy"), and the Republican party (though not, repeat not, the Rockerfeller Republican wing) wants you.

Last edited by Crapshoot : 10-18-2005 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:12 PM   #45
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
Another factor here could be that some of Dubya's "neocon-ish" ways are counter to the sensibilities of "true" conservatives, a factor that probably cuts to the core of the I-saw-no-better-option comments in this thread.

What's a true conserative Ben ? The Rockerfeller Wing (like me), who are aghast at the religous nuty-jobs and homophobes running wild ? The Religous Right, which has problems with big business (its pushing an evil "liberal" agenda) ? The Establishment Republicans ? The Isolationists ? I see the issue you're raising, but who or what is a true "conservative" ?
Old 10-18-2005, 01:25 PM   #46
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot
What's a true conserative Ben ? The Rockerfeller Wing (like me), who are aghast at the religous nuty-jobs and homophobes running wild ? The Religous Right, which has problems with big business (its pushing an evil "liberal" agenda) ? The Establishment Republicans ? The Isolationists ? I see the issue you're raising, but who or what is a true "conservative" ?

AFAIK, the phrase "true conservative" usually gets applied to the Rockefeller Republicans more than any other group. Which is how I interpreted, right or wrong, what he meant.

Of course, that label is pretty dated, now we just call you RINO's
Old 10-18-2005, 01:26 PM   #47
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
AFAIK, the phrase "true conservative" usually gets applied to the Rockefeller Republicans more than any other group. Which is how I interpreted, right or wrong, what he meant.

Of course, that label is pretty dated, now we just call you RINO's

Exactly - that's what I figured. I'd say even you arent close to a true conservative, given that you're pro-choice. By today's definition of a true conservative, the closest thing we seem to find is ... Franklin, or perhaps Cam.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:29 PM   #48
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot
Exactly - that's what I figured. I'd say even you arent close to a true conservative, given that you're pro-choice.

Precisely why I'm not now, nor do I ever really expect to be, a "card-carrying" member of the GOP.

I'll vote for 'em as long as they remain the best choice to represent the majority of my (weighted) interests, but that's an issue that makes it impossible for me to feel it's appropriate for me to be an "official" part of the party either. Of course, that matters little in the grand scheme since GA has open voting in primaries, but still.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:44 PM   #49
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I voted with the approve what he is doing crowd, but that's just the option that was closest to my true sentiment. I voted for him in 2004, and would do it again if the alternative was John Kerry. I'm probably a bit less pleased with the President than I was back in 2004, but I'm still believing he is better than the alternative. Color me more as disappointed with him than I am disapproving.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 01:51 PM   #50
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm surprised the trout isn't making more of a showing.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote