Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-28-2005, 01:13 PM   #1
WheelsVT
High School JV

Buy TCY now?

So with rumors of a fabled version 2 of TCY coming out "soon" should I buy the 1.3 version?
I've never played TCY before (except for a week or two of the demo), but I enjoy FOF (of course), and like the EA NCAA series better than the Madden series so I wonder if the same will hold true with TCY.

WheelsVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 01:14 PM   #2
Joe
Pro Starter

wait for BBCF
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 01:17 PM   #3
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Hate to say it but I agree. Get BBCF when it comes out in the near future. Who knows if a TCY is coming out soon or next year or ever. At this point I say it's not until summer time if that is what is being worked on.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:21 PM   #4
WheelsVT
High School JV

Thanks for the quick replies
Time to go grab the BBCF demo!
and read the massive demo review thread.

Last edited by WheelsVT : 11-28-2005 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:14 PM   #5
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

When the rumors of TCY 2 first came out, I put $40 in my savings account for the future purchase.

With compunded interest, I've now got enough money in the account to buy BBCF, Civ 4, and X-Box 360, *and* TCY 2 when it comes out - w00t!
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 03:15 PM   #6
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla
When the rumors of TCY 2 first came out, I put $40 in my savings account for the future purchase.

With compunded interest, I've now got enough money in the account to buy BBCF, Civ 4, and X-Box 360, *and* TCY 2 when it comes out - w00t!
LOL
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 03:24 PM   #7
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelsVT
Thanks for the quick replies
Time to go grab the BBCF demo!
and read the massive demo review thread.

question - if you buy BBCF, and like it, would you buy TCY2 when/if it comes out or are you gonna roll with just one game in the genre? i'm trying to test a theory.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 03:28 PM   #8
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
LOL

LOL! - The Sequel!
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 03:45 PM   #9
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
question - if you buy BBCF, and like it, would you buy TCY2 when/if it comes out or are you gonna roll with just one game in the genre? i'm trying to test a theory.

I am buying BBCF and normally would stay with that if TCY was like 90% of games I have owned. However, based on the fact that I have played TCY continously since it's release and enjoyed it, I would also get version 2. It is one game I have just never gotten sick of.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 03:50 PM   #10
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic

TCY is my favorite game of all time. If I had to uninstall BBCF to make room for TCY 2, I would do so in a heartbeat.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 03:51 PM   #11
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14
I am buying BBCF and normally would stay with that if TCY was like 90% of games I have owned. However, based on the fact that I have played TCY continously since it's release and enjoyed it, I would also get version 2. It is one game I have just never gotten sick of.

cool. i asked that question to Wheels specifically cuz he represents a large market of buyers out there - people who want a college text sim game, don't own TCY, know for sure BBCF is coming out and are on the fence about waiting for a game that may or may not come out in the near-to-distant future. just curious to see if that particular market of people will buy both games, or will go with the first game that comes out of the gate.

Last edited by Anthony : 11-28-2005 at 03:51 PM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 03:53 PM   #12
WrongWay
Banned

Wait for the Gold edition from Front Office Sports

Actually I always thought Jim would eventually come out with a Gold edition that included both TCY and FOF2004 for $39.99.
WrongWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 03:58 PM   #13
WheelsVT
High School JV

BBCB can't export its draft to FOF... hmmm... point to TCY off the bat.
Being on the fence I would decided based on the demos of each. I'd want something that's up to date on bowls and conferences though, and that seems to be one thing you have to manually edit in TCY where BBCB is new.
...since I enjoy the genre so much I'd not be against purchasing both.
Hey, I bought 3 consecutive NCAA and Madden titles purely for the dynasty features. Why wouldn't I buy the deeper PC versions?
Old 11-28-2005, 04:16 PM   #14
timmae
College Starter

interesting thread... seeing the BBCF demo has me itching to play SP dynasty in the college ranks so I just bought the TCY game again (for the 2nd time) last night so I can play. I will also buy BBCF when it debuts... I figure if the wife can buy $200 Longeberger baskets then I can throw down $30 for a few thousand hours of enjoyement. Right?!
timmae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 04:18 PM   #15
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae
interesting thread... seeing the BBCF demo has me itching to play SP dynasty in the college ranks so I just bought the TCY game again (for the 2nd time) last night so I can play. I will also buy BBCF when it debuts... I figure if the wife can buy $200 Longeberger baskets then I can throw down $30 for a few thousand hours of enjoyement. Right?!

Wrong
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 04:49 PM   #16
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I am going to try to buy BBCF. It was a given at one point but then FM/WSM came out first and I bought that. I will see about working in BBCF. As for TCY2, I hold out for that because I want to use it for the Imperial League. If it has MP play then I already plan an Imperial College Football Association. If not, I will still use it for the Imperial League in some way, as I do with TCY now.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:50 PM   #17
Airhog
Captain Obvious

there is only room for one college text sim. whichever game is more immersive, and works, would be the one I buy...

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote