Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-30-2007, 03:29 PM   #1
Rizon
Pro Starter

Official Fire Can't Cameron / Release Trinterception Green / Kill Hizinger Thread

It's about time we release that has-been, massively overrated old fucking worthless QB of ours and try to find something better, like say Rex Grossman.

It's also clear that Can't CANNOT win a friggin game, the guy has no clue what he is doing out there. Isn't Jerry Glanville available?? UGH.

PS: I'm hoping Fat Fuck Wayne Huizinga dies so we can pass ownership onto someone who knows what the fuck they are doing.

I'm just so sick of being a Dolphin's fan right now.

RIP Joe Robbie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.

Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 03:36 PM   #2
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I'm just happy that we have vaulted ahead of Oakland and Atlanta for the race to the number one pick. I don't think it's Cameron's fault that the team can't stop the run, the team has just fucked up too many drafts over the years.

Green has looked dodgy, give Cameron more time, and yes I wish Huizenga would sell the team to somebody with a clue.

Ronnie Brown has looked impressive at least.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 03:38 PM   #3
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Is Green the answer? Definitely not, and no one should have thought coming in that he was. He's just a caretaker. He's 37 or 38 or whatever he is. Not sure who he's caretaking it for (didn't you guys draft a 2nd round QB?), but that's what he's doing.

So not sure it does much good calling for him. He's short term anyway.

Cameron, it's only four games in. I think you need to give him more time. Although if he was the one responsible for drafting Ginn instead of Quinn, I fully support letting him go. That was the dumbass move of the offseason.

Huizenga definitely needs to go. That's needed to happen for some time.

All this coming from a non-Fins fan.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 03:51 PM   #4
hoopsguy
General Manager

What is worse, rooting for a team owned by Huizenga or Angelos? Death is not an option.

Cameron - meh hire, was hoping to be surprised but 17 point losses at home to the Raiders are not a way to inspire confidence.

Green - there is no reason to continue rolling out the veteran who won't be here next year when the season is lost. Before today you could argue that the team was a couple of plays away from being in the mix, but that goes by the wayside now.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 04:05 PM   #5
RendeR
Coordinator

The Dolphins and their fans need to stop whining and start realizing that after so many years of doing well that time has finally caught up with them. The defense is ancent and playing that way, Jerry "Guarentee: Porter was never a super star even when he was being dominant in Pittsiburgh. now that he's with a wealker cast his weaknesses are coming to the fore. Green was the best choice the Dolphins had and if they had chosen anyone else they'd have been stupid. Honestly the Dolphin Fans need to sit back, let this season suck away and hope they win maybe 3-4 games so they can have a shot at some top draft talent. This team needs to seriously rebuild on all sides of the ball. You have Ronnie Brown, Green will make a great mentor for a young stud QB. Then pump some life into that defense because its a hollow shell of what it used to be.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 04:19 PM   #6
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Jerry "Guarentee: Porter was never a super star even when he was being dominant in Pittsiburgh. now that he's with a wealker cast his weaknesses are coming to the fore.

Jerry is the one scoring the TDs on Miami, Joey is the one who was never a super star even in Pittsburgh.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 08:01 PM   #7
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Green just hasn't been the same since getting that concussion in week 1 last season. I think his play has been a half step slower than it was before and you just can't do that in the NFL.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 08:24 PM   #8
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deattribution View Post
Jerry is the one scoring the TDs on Miami, Joey is the one who was never a super star even in Pittsburgh.

Ok so even *I* typo

JOEY is the one who can't tackle a runner or cover a screen pass to save his ass. The raiders ate him alive running the ball and flipping screens past ihs slow ass all day today.

Oh I'm sorry, you were just being a homer, right?

Last edited by RendeR : 09-30-2007 at 08:25 PM.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:47 AM   #9
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Maybe the Dolphins can sign Antwaan Randle-El, and Cam Cameron can waste his talent again. I'd like to see the look on Kodos's face if that happens.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:49 AM   #10
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I had no idea that Dolphins fans were so passionate.

I had no idea that Dolphins fans existed.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:55 AM   #11
Butter
Coordinator

You lose at home to Oakland right now, it's time to pack it up and retire. This means you, Cam Cameron.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:06 AM   #12
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Maybe the Dolphins can sign Antwaan Randle-El, and Cam Cameron can waste his talent again. I'd like to see the look on Kodos's face if that happens.

I had to endure Cameron's coaching at IU, and now he is coaching the Dolphins. Haven't I suffered enough already.

Retire, Zach. This team isn't worth risking your health for.

And by all means, put Beck in. See what he's got.

Maybe we can get Schottenheimer next year.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:23 AM   #13
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Rex has blown his shot in Chicago, Griese is even worse, and we don't have a running back.

Time to see if Orton is worth anything.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:00 AM   #14
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
I'm just happy that we have vaulted ahead of Oakland and Atlanta for the race to the number one pick.

Whch they will use to draft a long snapper whose father was a good friend of Cam's.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:05 AM   #15
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Rex has blown his shot in Chicago, Griese is even worse, and we don't have a running back.

I think you're in the wrong thread.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:14 AM   #16
Celeval
Pro Starter

You're such a baby, 'cuz the Dolphins make you cry.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:21 AM   #17
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Maybe we can get Schottenheimer next year.

You really don't want that.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:33 AM   #18
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Green was the best choice the Dolphins had and if they had chosen anyone else they'd have been stupid.

Actually, a better choice would have been the guy that just scored 5 TD's against us. Don't know how we would have been able to get him though.

Quote:
Honestly the Dolphin Fans need to sit back, let this season suck away and hope they win maybe 3-4 games so they can have a shot at some top draft talent.

The pain of this season for Fins fans is not only the realization that we suck, but that the good draft pick we get will be ruined by Cameron. When a coach defends a controversial pick by saying the guy was a family friend, that doesn't inspire alot of confidence.

Quote:
This team needs to seriously rebuild on all sides of the ball. You have Ronnie Brown, Green will make a great mentor for a young stud QB.

You mean like Brady Quinn? Too bad he wasn't available when we were drafting. Oh wait, he was, but we drafted a kick returner instead. If we were just looking for a mentor, there were certainly better choices than Green.

Quote:
Then pump some life into that defense because its a hollow shell of what it used to be.

Given the amount of time they've had to spend on the field the past few years, I'm surprised they lasted this long.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:43 AM   #19
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

Don't mean to hijack the thread, sorry.

Frustrating team to watch. The offensive line went from one of the best to one of the worst in one year (but I guess that happens when average age is over 32 and you have one lineman on the roster younger than 28). Ced has shown he'll hit a hole when he has one, but he's working with nothing this season. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Ced is a great running back, but he is on par with Thomas Jones and would do excellent in a zone blocking system.

Can the bears hire a competent offensive coordinator? John Shoop, to Shea, to Ron Turner. Since the Cardinals game last year teams figured out that they need to jump on slant routes and pressure Rex. Every single team has done this since that game and Ron Turner has kept trying the same thing over and over. This is indicitive of the Bears as a whole, though. Lovie Smith is one of the worst coaches in the NFL at halftime adjustments.

What I saw yesterday is that unless the Bears put Peyton Manning in at QB they're going to struggle offensively because of that line. It wasn't Rex's fault, its not Griese's fault, and it won't be Kyle's fault if he gets in. Ron Turner saw 17 games where Rex was pressured and instead of going with 2TE, max protection schemes he just kept doing the same shit.

The worst part of all this is Angelo has locked up the defense for the next 2-3 years and completely ignored the offense. They took another defensive end in the 2nd round last year (do they not have enough?). Instead of getting a high draft pick and being able to rebuild a bit faster the bears will be a mediocre team because of the defense and by the time the offense is rebuilt the defense will be old.

Angelo has done an excellent job drafting defensively, but he seems afraid to draft offense. I just don't get it. Next draft the Bears will draft 2 backup safeties and a couple more defensive lineman. Going to be a long time before this team is a Super Bowl contender again.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:52 AM   #20
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Instead of getting a high draft pick and being able to rebuild a bit faster the bears will be a mediocre team because of the defense and by the time the offense is rebuilt the defense will be old.

At this point, a high draft pick is not out of the question -- espeically with all the injuries on defense. I think the next two weeks will tell us a lot, as they play the Packers, then the Vikings.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:50 AM   #21
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I think you're in the wrong thread.

Yeah, reflex action any time I see Rex Grossman mentioned in a thread now. Or anything NFL related.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 10-01-2007 at 11:51 AM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 06:02 PM   #22
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Honestly give Beck the ball, I know it's my BYU bias, but he did some awesome play in the preseason, especially in the 4th quarter coming from behind to win games.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:22 PM   #23
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

The problem with the Dolphins' draft isn't so much that they didn't draft Quinn — I mean, they may regret it, but plenty of later picks at QB have panned out better than first rounders, and Beck may be as good or better — it's that they got a complete nonentity at the #9 spot.

(And I'm at ND, so I certainly wanted to see Brady drafted higher.)

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:20 PM   #24
Rizon
Pro Starter

It's a day later and I'm still not calmed down. I'm still pissed and angry.

PS: Ronnie Brown is awesome though, I love him. Best RB the Dolphin's have had since I was drinking Similac.
Quote:
Old 10-01-2007, 09:34 PM   #25
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Hmmm anyone see Izulde lately? he should be attracted to this thread like moths to a light. someone check his home to make sure he didnt hang himself
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:52 AM   #26
Uncle Briggs
Mascot

I agree that's it's still a bit early to start lynching Cameron. The results won't be in for a couple of years. If Beck makes a solid starting QB, skipping Quinn to get him in the second was a good move. How good, of course, depends on what Ginn amounts to. I would have preferred one of several other players still available at pick 9 (Amobi Okoye or Patrick Willis, anyone?). It's way too early to tell with Ginn, although results so far are definitely not encouraging. Remember, though, two years ago this time people were moaning we should have drafted Cedric Benson instead of Ronnie Brown. And really, two opening day starters out of this year's draft (three if you count Ginn on returns) isn't exactly a bad draft.

Now on Green, he can mentor Beck just as well from the #2 spot. The season is in the pooper, so let our old buddy Cleo Lemon have the team for 7 or 8 games and see what he can do, then bring Beck in to finish out the year.

And yeah, Zack, please at least go on the DL. This season isn't worth risking brain damage.
Uncle Briggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:52 AM   #27
Uncle Briggs
Mascot

Double post.

Last edited by Uncle Briggs : 10-02-2007 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:20 PM   #28
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Briggs View Post
If Beck makes a solid starting QB, skipping Quinn to get him in the second was a good move.
That's exaggerating a little bit. For it to be a good move, a) Quinn would have to not be as good, and/or b) the Dolphins would have to have gotten a caliber of player at 9 who wouldn't have been available in the second round. Point a is yet to be determined, on both fronts, but point b so far is clearly coming out poorly.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 10-02-2007, 01:41 PM   #29
SunDevil
College Prospect

Quote:

That time has passed and the conclusion to that experiment was a no.

Rex or Griese can easily throw for 52 yards and go 6 for 15.
That's a double whammy and I hate you.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:29 PM   #30
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Green was a system QB. Too bad it's not the Cam Cameron system.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:37 PM   #31
st.cronin
General Manager

I still think Kyle Orton could be a good NFL qb. He was not very good as a rookie, but very few rookie qbs are any better. He basically had the same pedigree as Drew Brees, he just got hurt his senior year, so he didn't get drafted as high.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:20 PM   #32
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Not to thread jack, but I really like that punter for the Saskatchewan Rough Riders..
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:51 PM   #33
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Poor Cam. I can finally say I've met a NFL head coach...and dang.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:59 PM   #34
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

It has been tough

Seriously we have the worst front office in the NFL. The #2 pick on a backup running back who is now showing signs of playing good. The #9 pick on a kick returner when Quinn was still around. Lets not forget all those 2nd round picks for a scrub player who did nothing for us.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:11 PM   #35
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
It has been tough

Seriously we have the worst front office in the NFL. The #2 pick on a backup running back who is now showing signs of playing good. The #9 pick on a kick returner when Quinn was still around. Lets not forget all those 2nd round picks for a scrub player who did nothing for us.

Yeah. You need those second round pics to trade for QB's!
Old 10-03-2007, 05:56 PM   #36
Uncle Briggs
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
That's exaggerating a little bit. For it to be a good move, a) Quinn would have to not be as good, and/or b) the Dolphins would have to have gotten a caliber of player at 9 who wouldn't have been available in the second round. Point a is yet to be determined, on both fronts, but point b so far is clearly coming out poorly.

I must respectfully disagree. A starting QB at second round dollars instead of first is a good move under a salary cap system, especially if you have cap issues like the Dolphins. Unless Quinn is far better, they at worst came out even there. As to your point B, I said pretty much the same thing, except that while I am discouraged, I think it is too soon to say Ginn was a bust.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:14 PM   #37
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

The Quinn vs. Beck thing really comes down to whether either (or both) is good enough to QB a contending team. If Beck is or Quinn isn't, then it's a good choice to have gotten Beck in the 2nd round rather than getting Quinn at #9. On the other hand, if Beck isn't and Quinn is, then you look really foolish, esp. if Ginn washes out.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:19 PM   #38
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Briggs View Post
I must respectfully disagree. A starting QB at second round dollars instead of first is a good move under a salary cap system, especially if you have cap issues like the Dolphins. Unless Quinn is far better, they at worst came out even there. As to your point B, I said pretty much the same thing, except that while I am discouraged, I think it is too soon to say Ginn was a bust.

Drafting a 26 year old QB isn't a good move under any cap system.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:15 PM   #39
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Drafting a 26 year old QB isn't a good move under any cap system.

Unless he starts producing right away, which we won't know until he plays, which brings us back to one of the issues at hand. Green sucks. We're not going to the playoffs, so we gain very little by starting him. Start Beck. Now.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:49 PM   #40
Subby
lolzcat

Yeah people were getting all excited about the Redskins and I was like...dude...one of our wins is against the Dolphins.

Ted Ginn seemed like such a gamble at that pick and I was kind of surprised that the front office felt they were in the kind of position where they could afford to gamble. *shurg*
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 03:04 PM   #41
Rizon
Pro Starter

Fire Can't Cameron NOW. Please dear God. And strike Fat Fuck Huizinga dead. PLEASE.
Quote:
Old 10-07-2007, 03:12 PM   #42
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Al Davis doesn't look so bad now, eh?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 03:26 PM   #43
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

3-3 on 54+ yard field goals for the Texans, can't believe it. Still, after Miami downed the put inside the Texans 5 yard line it should never have come to that.

I wonder if we'll see Beck in the next few weeks or if Cleo Lemon will get most of the playing time. It can't make that much of a difference either way I suppose.

I'd also like to thank the OP for making me feel better about my sports obsession, for while mine takes up a lot of time and occasionally causes some unneeded aggravation at least I'm not at the point of wishing death upon people. I mean, look at the bright side, we have Ronnie Brown. Now we just need a few offensive linemen, a couple defensive linemen, an entirely new secondary, and a quarterback.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:36 PM   #44
Izulde
Head Coach

I knew we were going to be bad this season... Like I said in another thread, we'd be lucky to finish 7-9.

At this point though, we've got a damn good shot at a top 5 pick, the #1 pick. I've made my peace already with how awful we are this year.

I'm -still- pissed about the Ginn pick and probably will be for a good while yet. I really wanted us to grab Okoye at the #9 spot, as our defensive line is ancient and the kid seemed like a great one.

Beck I'm not certain on. My original reaction was a major WTF-age, but from the limited reading I've done, he appears to be better than I initially thought.

Should we be giving Beck the ball? I'd have to say it's getting close to that point, if it's not there already.

Cameron's hire did -not- make me happy and still doesn't. But let's be honest here... you can't get much worse than Jimmy "Dolphins Destroyer" Johnson and Dave "I Get Way Too Many Coaching Jobs" Wannestadt.

Funny thing, though... our last few coaches have come from teams where close friends and/or family are fans of them... and I've gotten shit every time from the sucky hire we've made.

If Cameron doesn't have control of next year's pick, then a small glimmer of hope's there for the future.

In my opinion, we've gone from the playoffs team we were for quite a few years down to near-Raiders level and it'll be a few years before it gets turned around.

Yes, I know, NFL parity rapid turnarounds blah blah blah.

But I don't see it here.

The defense is too old, we're a sieve at QB, we still have -no- receivers who can catch outside of Chambers and even though I love following former Badgers in the NFL and was thrilled when he landed on my team, I don't see Chris as a #1.

Brown is always engimatic to me and can appear hot and cold, not unlike a RB version of Jim Everett.

But these are all the observations of a Dolphins fan who doesn't get to see them play except for maybe one or twice a year and I'll miss all of this season, so take it with a grain of salt.

Just as long as we win another Super Bowl in my lifetime.

The White Sox winning the World Series was awesome beyond belief, even though I celebrated alone. But that was baseball, which is probably #3 or #4 in my sports loves (Pro football and college football being #1 and #2).

A Dolphins Super Bowl would be incredible.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:49 PM   #45
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Please dont fire him till after Buffalo plays him twice. And please let Trent be fully healed for those two games.
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 06:35 PM   #46
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Miami is looking like they can be the only modern team to go winless... Maybe the Pats will blow that "only undefeated team" crap up too...

Fun times in South Florida!
Old 10-07-2007, 06:44 PM   #47
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Meh, at least we won't lose to any I-AA teams this season.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:50 PM   #48
Kodos
Resident Alien

They are horrible. The fact that I haven't seen them play yet is a plus. Zach should retire rather than go through this crap. Then they should blow up the team, get a new coach, owner, etc.

Why have I been cursed with Cameron twice?
Old 10-07-2007, 08:27 PM   #49
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Why have I been cursed with Cameron twice?

I've resigned from rooting for one team in my life, and it was the Bears near the end of the Wannestadt era, although root cause was Michael McCaskey.

My second favorite franchise, the Dolphins, proceed to hire Wanny. I hope you don't have to put up with 11 combined years of Cameron between his two stints with your teams.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:15 PM   #50
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

What would be funny is if somebody goes an tears somebody's Miami Dolphin flag.

Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote