Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-19-2007, 01:59 PM   #1
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

MLB 07 The Show (PS3)

Thought I'd start a separate thread to avoid a threadjack on the MLB 2K7 thread. Here's a developer interview with a couple of screenshots in the article. More info and screenshots should be coming soon with the release getting closer.

http://ps3.qj.net/category/MLB-07-The-Show/cid/3283

FYI.....for those overseas, The Show is a region free game.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-1spj.html

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 01-19-2007 at 02:03 PM.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:10 PM   #2
Travis
Pro Rookie

Definitely a game I'm eagerly anticipating. Played the previous edition at a buddies place on the PS2 and nearly bought a PS2 for that game alone.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:15 PM   #3
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post

FYI.....for those overseas, The Show is a region free game.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-1spj.html

As i said in the other thread I'll probably sell my Xbox360 to buy a Ps3 just to be able to play all the great USA sports games like "MLB 07 the show" "College Hoops" and "NCAA Football" as all them are region locked for the 360 while they are region free for the PS3. It's a same as i really like the 360, but I can't avoid to be so jaleous of you guys playing those great games.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:24 PM   #4
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Factsheet for those that might have missed it:

As you may have heard, Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. (SCEA) officially announced this week that MLB 07 The Show™ will be available in Spring 2007, on the PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™).

Already widely considered the most authentic baseball simulation available, the franchise now introduces the all-new Road to The Show mode, enabling gamers to play both offense and defense from the created player’s perspective. Providing an even more realistic experience from the mound, the all-new New Pitch Command System (PCS) delivers unsurpassed strategy to pitch selection, as a pitcher’s “pitch comfort” will be predetermined based on a best to worst pitch scenario. It is up the gamer to decide if he/she should try to “work on a pitch” or just go with what is working. Additionally, with the Adaptive Pitching Intelligence (API) feature, catchers will call the game based on the individual strengths and weaknesses of each pitcher as well as analyze tendencies of batters. Gamers will now have the ability to either trust the pitches called by the catcher or shake them off.

As more and more gamers are seeking quality online competition and content, MLB 07 The Show adds to its already robust online feature set and delivers Online League Play, which offers the ability to set up customizable leagues with up to 30 teams, complete with full stat tracking, point benefits and rewards. Additionally, the My Sliders feature allows users to create their perfect game settings and upload them to the MLB 07 The Show server for others to try out.

Due to hit stores this spring as the only officially licensed first party videogame exclusively for the PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, MLB 07 The Show is set to deliver an unrivaled experience for baseball fans.

Road to The Show – Along with Classic Career Mode, MLB 07 The Show introduces an innovative new option. Road to The Show enables gamers to play offense and defense from the created player’s perspective for they plays in which they are involved. The game will automatically fast forward to the next user-integrated sequence with some events occasionally triggering situational goals form coaches or managers.

Always Online – With the PS3, players will have the option to be “Always Online” allowing elements such as MLB Score Ticker, Instant Messaging, Buddy Invites and more to occur at any point. Gamers could be playing an exhibition game and receive an message from a buddy to get into a different game room and go head-to-head. No scoring update in the MLB will be missed, as the MLB.com powered ticker can be seen during any off or online game.

Online League Play – MLB 07 The Show provides today’s sports fanatics with the ability to set up leagues with anywhere from 6-30 teams with full stat tracking, point benefits and rewards. Gamers can customize the league including choosing players, teams, length of schedule and much more. (Note: There are no cross platform leagues available.)

Online News Service / MLB.com Headline News – Sports fanatics can receive all the current happenings in sports today. Information will be updated a few times each hour with news, trades and events from 31 different feeds, each containing 25 unique items. Users can select general MLB® headlines or updates from all 30 teams instantly. New for 07, MLB 07 The Show offers an enhanced Live MLB Ticker, which shows live status of all MLB games going on around the league – with updates several times a minute. This new view will be complete with who is on base, pitching, batting, on-deck and full inning-by-inning box scores.

Rivalry Mode – For those with a competitive nature, Rivalry Mode allows baseball fans to set up and maintain multi-game rivalries between multiple gamers or versus the Artificial Intelligence (AI), and keeps track of the stats throughout the rivalry.

Franchise Mode – Extending the experience of running a team, performance and player morale are tracked on virtually every level – salary, playing time, batting slot, team performance, and much more.

Career Mode – The Career Spotlight underscores all of the accomplishments and failures during a career and showcases them in the limelight. Gamers still need to call the shots, but now the ramifications of actions are documented.

Season Mode – Grind out the162 game season and deal with day-to-day match-ups, refining the lineup and play for the championship just like the pros.

All-Star Game – Lets gamers take the virtual road trip to San Francisco early to see who prevails for home field advantage in the 2007 Fall Classic.

Adaptive Pitching Intelligence (API) – Catchers will call the game based on individual strengths and weaknesses of each pitcher and analyze tendencies of batters. Gamers will have the ability to trust the pitches called by the catcher or shake them off. (The catcher’s recommendations are based off of thousands of actual MLB® stats.)

Pitch Command System (PCS) – Delivering unsurpassed authenticity and strategy to pitch selection, a pitcher’s “pitch comfort” will be predetermined based on a best to worst pitch scenario. It’s up the gamer to decide if they should try to “work on a pitch” or just go with what’s working. The more a player works on a pitch, the better it becomes, and the more a gamer neglects a pitch, the harder it becomes to work the zone.

KEY FEATURES

PlayMaker Fielding – The fielding interface brings the player attributes together with the user’s skill level. With the Fielding Zone Marker, the fielder’s fielding attribute rating will determine the size of the zone that surrounds the ball and its eventual landing location. With highly ranked fielders, the ball marker will be displayed sooner and smaller, making it easier to judge fly balls.

Multi-Branch Fielding – Branch Point Technology goes to a new level as gamers you can now take full control of fielders and break out of any animation in the process. Change a fielding decision and branch out of any animation after the first branch point. With Branch Point Technology, MLB 07 The Show provides unbelievably smooth, fluid transitions for seamless double plays and relays.

Release Point Pitching – Taking video game pitching to a whole new level, gamers must utilize a timing mechanism to learn and realize each pitchers pace and release point, which varies from pitcher to pitcher.

Pitching Confidence Meter – The ultimate pitcher/batter interface returns. Additionally, Pitcher Confidence plays a role in a gamer’s ability to hit release points in the all-new pitch meter, while frequency of mistakes will impact the confidence level of a gamer’s hurler, making it more difficult to paint the corners of the strike zone.

Guess Pitch – Baseball fans can attempt to master the ability to knock one out or hit the grounder to advance the runner by checking the pitch history and correctly guessing which pitch and the location that the pitcher will throw next. If the correct pitch is selected, the power attribute is increased in attempts to leave the yard in a hurry.

Pitch Grips – Gamers will be able to detail the different pitch grips and arm angles that a pitcher has when throwing each pitch. Showing these details in Replay Mode shows what to look for in release point and pitch arm angle from 15 different pitches.

40-Man Roster – Provides the ability to take full control of a team’s roster and manage all 40 players for each and every game.

My Sliders (Up/Downloadable) – The My Sliders option gives users the ability to create their perfect game settings offline by adjusting game sliders. Gamers can then save these adjustments to memory and, when online, upload to them to the MLB 07 The Show server for other users to try and let the online community be the judge on finding the perfect game.

MLB® Player Motion Captures – MLB 07 The Show features dozens of professional athletes including David Wright, David Ortiz, Eric Chavez, Roger Clemens, Shawn Green, Tony Gwynn, Trevor Hoffman, Tim Hudson, Darryl Hamilton, Troy Percival, Brett Tomko, Mo Vaughn and more.

Thousands of Personalized Animations – Authenticity: featuring personalized player animations for everything from walk-ups, rituals, stances and swings and even emotions.

New Umpire Personalities – Providing even more realism to the diamond, MLB 07 The Show features umpires with unique tendencies and animations. Each umpire will have his own definition of the strike zone, and it’s up to the gamer to figure out if the umpire is calling the zone high, low, or giving the corners.

Managers / Coaches – MLB® managers and coaches will be on the field calling the shots.

KEY FEATURES

MLB Authenticity, Subtleties & Nuances – MLB 07 The Show features drag bunts, wild pitches, broken bats, check swings, off-line throws and much more.

Crowd Interaction – Gamers will see a vast array of new ambient elements including: fans coming, going and reaching for foul balls, vendors, 7th inning stretch, the wave, standing ovations and much, much more. These new subtleties make MLB 07 The Show truly feel like a day at the ballpark.

Wind Effects – MLB 07 The Show features a wind display showing wind speed and direction. Depending upon the severity of the wind, the ball will drift according to the speed and direction. Wind effects will force the player to take the proper route to the ball and make adjustments on the fly.

3-Man Booth & Progressive Commentary – Rex Hudler, Matt Vasgersian and Dave Campbell provide the most comprehensive commentary heard in any baseball videogame. MLB 07 The Show sets the bar high with the Progressive Commentary that changes as the user progresses throughout the game by adapting to current actions and situations.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:29 PM   #5
dervack
College Prospect

That 40-man blurb scares me. I hope it doesn't mean you have all 40 players available every day like it sounds.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 03:11 PM   #6
Coder
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
As i said in the other thread I'll probably sell my Xbox360 to buy a Ps3 just to be able to play all the great USA sports games like "MLB 07 the show" "College Hoops" and "NCAA Football" as all them are region locked for the 360 while they are region free for the PS3. It's a same as i really like the 360, but I can't avoid to be so jaleous of you guys playing those great games.

This is the one thing I've missed when reading about the PS3.. are you saying all games will be region-free? I've been dead-set against the PS3 after reading all the negative press, but for a Euro like me this might actually sway my interest quite a bit!

Just a footnote about the link to buying the game though..

Quote:
This item is not available for shipping to
# European Union
# Iceland
# Liechtenstein
# Norway

~ I am an idiot, walking a tight rope of fortunate things ~
Coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 03:19 PM   #7
FBPro
College Starter

I don't know about other platforms but this game for PSP last year was AWESOME and my most played PSP game easily. I've already pre-ordered it for '07.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 05:13 PM   #8
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder View Post
This is the one thing I've missed when reading about the PS3.. are you saying all games will be region-free? I've been dead-set against the PS3 after reading all the negative press, but for a Euro like me this might actually sway my interest quite a bit!

The PS3 is supossed to be region free (like the PSP) but as it has not been released here yet, i can't know for sure.

About play-asia not shipping it to Euro... I guess it's written there just to cover them legaly (notice the price is in Euros too), they are shipping JAP and USA games to every country. I know a few guys buying there the Xbox360 games that are region free (some are) as the Japanesse releases prices are like 40% cheaper than in Europe. Even if they dont' ship to Europe the PS3 games for any reason, I'm sure there will be other ways/places to buy them (like a fellow FOFCer who can buy and ship it to us )

Last edited by Icy : 01-19-2007 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:32 PM   #9
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder View Post

Yes, games for the PS3 are region free. I wouldn't worry about the link specifically, because it's a site that is for Asian countries to get the American titles. There will be European sites that will carry Asian and American titles. Also, PlayAsia will be allowed to ship to Europe once the PS3 is released there. Sony just doesn't want European players to get PS3's and games early from other areas that don't have the system yet. Once that stuff is for sale in Europe, you can buy from anywhere you want.

I've got a PS3 and to be honest, most of the negative press is pretty overblown. It's more PR screw ups by Sony than anything actually wrong with the system. It's a great system that has had an extremely low failure rate and I have already purchased a couple of Asian titles as well because of the lack of region restrictions. I've also purchased 'Cash, Guns, Chaos', 'Blast Factor' and 'Lemmings' and have enjoyed all three games as well. I personally would not buy retro games as a download, but the new games in HD for $10 and under are well worth a try in my opinion. Worst-case scenario is that you're only out $10, though they do have demos to try them out ahead of time.

European players are going to get the best of things as the system will arrive in Europe when large numbers of games start arriving on the PS3 in March and April. I've finished Resistance (great game) and Need for Speed and I'm currently playing a lot of NBA 2K7. All are a lot of fun and it's going to get a lot better when games like The Show arrive in the next couple of months.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 01-20-2007 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:32 PM   #10
Icy
Pro Starter

Video from the PS2 version:

http://www.games.net/video/player.cfm?vId=104120

Old 01-21-2007, 12:50 PM   #11
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I'm getting baseball fever already.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 01-21-2007 at 12:50 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:19 PM   #12
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I'm getting baseball fever already.

Me too, will end getting this one for the PS2 and later will decide if i end selling my 360 for a ps3 if it is really region free and i can import the games. I hated missing college hoops 07 in the 360 as i'm enjoying NBA2k7 a lot.

Old 01-22-2007, 07:00 AM   #13
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

LOL! Is that supposed to be Prince Fielder at first base? What a lard ass!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:14 AM   #14
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
LOL! Is that supposed to be Prince Fielder at first base? What a lard ass!

I noticed that as well. Guy looks like Cecil Fielder over at first.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:46 AM   #15
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Guy looks like Cecil Fielder with 50 extra pounds.

Like father, like son, I guess!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:34 AM   #16
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

The ps2 demo has hit Gamestop and EB Games, going to see if I can snag a copy today. The impressions over at OS are nothing but great so far.

If MLB 2k7 360 is not very good, my daughter's ps2 will get a workout this year.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:13 PM   #17
Icy
Pro Starter

35 Screenshots from the Ps2 version, I'm really impressed at them knowing that are from the Ps2 and not from next gen.

http://previews.operationsports.com/...2&picNumber=35

Old 02-12-2007, 02:14 PM   #18
Icy
Pro Starter

Dola,

Article, pics and movies about how they did the motion capture:

http://features.operationsports.com/...x?game=mlb07dw

Old 03-01-2007, 08:36 PM   #19
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

First ps3 screens:

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/861/861385/imgs_1.html
Old 03-01-2007, 09:54 PM   #20
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Were the load times on the PSP version any better than the PS2 version? The "road to the show" mode was fantastically cool, but the load times stopped me from playing it for very long. 30 seconds plus in between appearances? No thanks.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:01 AM   #21
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
Were the load times on the PSP version any better than the PS2 version? The "road to the show" mode was fantastically cool, but the load times stopped me from playing it for very long. 30 seconds plus in between appearances? No thanks.

Load times in the PSP are better than past year, also the wait is less boring now as the loading screen changes on every load to the starting pitchers, or league standings, or your own stats, etc so you have something to read in between.

Old 03-02-2007, 04:51 PM   #22
BigDPW
College Prospect

Quote:

I have not spent alot of time looking at next-gen or PS3 screenshots but these have alot of jaggies... That said if this game plays as well as last years PS2 version and has decent next-gen graphics it will be a good game... Kind of how I feel about Winning Eleven 2007 for my 360 (which plays a great game of footie - but I really miss the edit features of the PS2 version)
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:30 AM   #23
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Release date is announced. It will be on shelves April 16th. Make sure you save $60 of that tax refund to purchase the game.

http://www.us.playstation.com/MLB07/
Old 03-07-2007, 11:42 AM   #24
Travis
Pro Rookie

Buddy brought over the ps2 version and that was pretty nice. Very much looking forward to the release of this. Too bad it's two weeks after my holidays finish.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:52 AM   #25
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Considering all the "non" news for the ps3 version, I'd bet you a Coke it gets pushed back.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:28 PM   #26
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

In honor of Missouri sucking big time last night to Baylor, I started a ps3 kittie with the money I made from selling a pc - it now sits at $300. IF MLB The Show is as good as the ps2 version but with a FIXED franchise mode, I MIGHT save until I get $500 for the 20gb version. If it's not very good, I'll put the money in the bank.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:32 PM   #27
Icy
Pro Starter

I'll wait also for reviews, even more knowing that the price of the Ps3 here will be around $800 (the 60gb one, there won't be the 20 one in Europe) plus I'll need also an HD TV as the Ps3 can't be played in a TFT computer monitor as the 360 can.

Last edited by Icy : 03-09-2007 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:24 PM   #28
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
In honor of Missouri sucking big time last night to Baylor, I started a ps3 kittie with the money I made from selling a pc - it now sits at $300. IF MLB The Show is as good as the ps2 version but with a FIXED franchise mode, I MIGHT save until I get $500 for the 20gb version. If it's not very good, I'll put the money in the bank.

I wouldn't get the PS3 unless you can get the 60GB version. To many things locked out of the cheaper unit that can't even be upgraded.

It'll suck reading great reviews of The Show on the PS3 if they hit it out of the park. On the other hand, there are a lot of other great games either already out or soon to be out that'll eat up my time anyway.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:31 PM   #29
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll wait also for reviews, even more knowing that the price of the Ps3 here will be around $800 (the 60gb one, there won't be the 20 one in Europe) plus I'll need also an HD TV as the Ps3 can't be played in a TFT computer monitor as the 360 can.

Sure you can:

http://www.x2vga.com/
Old 03-09-2007, 05:31 PM   #30
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
I wouldn't get the PS3 unless you can get the 60GB version. To many things locked out of the cheaper unit that can't even be upgraded.

It'll suck reading great reviews of The Show on the PS3 if they hit it out of the park. On the other hand, there are a lot of other great games either already out or soon to be out that'll eat up my time anyway.

Besides the 40 GB differences in the HD, what else different is there?
Old 03-09-2007, 05:42 PM   #31
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Besides the 40 GB differences in the HD, what else different is there?

No built in WiFi on the 20GB model for one. Less cache on the 20GB model. Slower load times, things like that.

I think there are a few other differences as well, but those are the biggies I think, but there are comparisons that show all of them.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:44 PM   #32
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
No built in WiFi on the 20GB model for one. Less cache on the 20GB model. Slower load times, things like that.

I think there are a few other differences as well, but those are the biggies I think, but there are comparisons that show all of them.

Wifi does nothing for me and as long as it doesn't hinder game framerate, I think the 20GB model is all I would need.

I'll check out the differences, thanks!
Old 03-09-2007, 05:51 PM   #33
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

The only other differences is the 20 GB model does not have ports for compaq flash/sd/ or does not come with a memory card. It also does not have an HDMI port.

None of this stuff matters to me. I would get component cables and hook that up into an XVGA box and then to my pc monitor.

The Show is REALLY going to have to be stellar though or I'll stick to PC gaming and maybe get a psp for my console baseball gaming fix.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:03 PM   #34
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I can't imagine getting a PS3 for just one stellar game, but if The Show is extremely good, it will be the first game that has me wishing for a PS3.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 06:05 PM   #35
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Sure you can:

http://www.x2vga.com/

I read about it past week when looking for info about how to play the PS3 in a computer monitor as i did with the 360. Do you know if it really works with good quallity? have you tried it? I might buy it even if it's only to play my Ps2 in the TFT monitor.

Last edited by Icy : 03-09-2007 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:13 PM   #36
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I read about it past week when looking for info about how to play the PS3 in a computer monitor as i did with the 360. Do you know if it really works with good quallity? have you tried it? I might buy it even if it's only to play my Ps2 in the TFT monitor.

No I haven't as the Xbox 360 has a VGA cable you can buy. BUT they do claim it works, so worst case you send it back for a refund.

EF,

I doubt I will buy a ps3 for one game, but knowing my life of console gaming, IGN and Gamespot will give it a 9.5 or something.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:30 AM   #37
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
The only other differences is the 20 GB model does not have ports for compaq flash/sd/ or does not come with a memory card. It also does not have an HDMI port.

None of this stuff matters to me. I would get component cables and hook that up into an XVGA box and then to my pc monitor.

The Show is REALLY going to have to be stellar though or I'll stick to PC gaming and maybe get a psp for my console baseball gaming fix.
I have the 20GB model and it does have an HDMI port (using it now in fact). The only difference between the 20 and 60 GB model is the 40 GB HD, lack of WiFi and memory card reader. Everything else is identical. The WiFi wasn't a big deal to me since I had my wireless adapter from my PS2.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:38 AM   #38
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
I have the 20GB model and it does have an HDMI port (using it now in fact). The only difference between the 20 and 60 GB model is the 40 GB HD, lack of WiFi and memory card reader. Everything else is identical. The WiFi wasn't a big deal to me since I had my wireless adapter from my PS2.

I see it doesn't have wifi, but does it have any built in regular network port?

Old 03-10-2007, 07:44 PM   #39
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post

Thanks!

Like Icy asked, I assume it has a normal network port?
Old 04-18-2007, 09:17 PM   #40
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=4682

HD Trailer

At first I wasn't.. WOWed.. but the more I watch the video, the more I see I like. Crowds look unreal as do the stadiums. Will be interesting read impressions when this game comes out.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:19 PM   #41
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

HD Trailer

At first I wasn't.. WOWed.. but the more I watch the video, the more I see I like. Crowds look unreal as do the stadiums. Will be interesting read impressions when this game comes out.

Lot's of mixed reviews of the videos at operationsports. I don't think the player models are as good as MLB 07 (though I only played the demo on a 360) but the fact that it doesn't have the blurred background (something that really takes away from the game IMHO) makes it better.

Up to date rosters (according to what I've read), problems from the ps2 version fixed, and The Shows great presentation and gameplay makes this an almost certain purchase for me. One nice thing is the game should sell quite well so I think I'll at least wait a few days to a week to see what people post as they play the game.

Last edited by Sweed : 04-18-2007 at 11:20 PM.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:57 AM   #42
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

HD Trailer

Thanks for posting that. I'll be grabbing this one right off the bat (i.e. the first chance my baby and wife allow me out to get it).
Old 04-19-2007, 10:20 AM   #43
Icy
Pro Starter

I'm not impressed by the player models, but I love this game in the PSP so if the bugs from the PS2 are fixed and the gameplay is the same, this could make me to finally decide to buy a PS3 as next gen console. I'll wait for reviews to make sure that there isn't any big bug.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:13 AM   #44
Icy
Pro Starter

Dola, more trailers:

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/861/861385/vids_1.html

Last edited by Icy : 04-19-2007 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:17 AM   #45
DanGarion
Coordinator

Anyone have the PSP Version? I bought it last month, and I'm having fun playing as myself. I was with the Dodgers farm team, and they traded me to Detroit and was brought up at the end of the season (but never got to play). I signed a contract with St. Louis the next season, and I was sent to play on the farm. After about 1-2 months I'm now a reserve on the big league club.

Pretty fun game to waste time.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:30 AM   #46
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion View Post
Anyone have the PSP Version? I bought it last month, and I'm having fun playing as myself. I was with the Dodgers farm team, and they traded me to Detroit and was brought up at the end of the season (but never got to play). I signed a contract with St. Louis the next season, and I was sent to play on the farm. After about 1-2 months I'm now a reserve on the big league club.

I've got it for the PSP. It's been fun, but I haven't had much free time lately to spend on it. I began with the Nationals farm team, and got a late season call up and started about 5 or 6 games for them at the end of the season. My ERA was under 3 but I couldn't get much run support and ended up winning only 1 game and getting a couple losses. Signed a 2 year contract with the Nationals in the offseason and began the next season with the farm team, but haven't played any games yet for the second season. I'm hoping to get more time over the weekend and making it back to the big leagues.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:31 AM   #47
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion View Post

I play it in the PSP too, it's awesome and it doesn't have the "no trades bugs" that the PS2 has (and that should be fixed for the PS3).

Old 04-19-2007, 11:35 AM   #48
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm playing the heck out of it on the psp, finally was able to start my season as the rosters were released on Monday that have Dice-K, Sammy, and the likes.

I do wish there was a level between veteran and all star. I hit too well on veteran and don't hit enough dingers on all star, plus my pitching is torn up on all star.

I know.. sliders... I really hate messing with them.

The ps3, if I ever purchase one, is a LONG way off, but I'm anxious to read some reviews and impressions on The Show.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:06 PM   #49
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Gameplay:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...pe=wmv&pl=game

I will say the stadiums as well as the dimensions of the field look perfect. Nicely done!
Old 05-14-2007, 08:59 AM   #50
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

The game finally comes out tomorrow. Really excited to get this one. Glad to see that they didn't rush this game out just to make sure it hit the market by the start of the season (it would seem they did that with the PS2 version). Should be interesting to see some of the reviews/opinions as well.