Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-15-2010, 10:05 PM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

NCAA 2011 thread

I s'pose it's about time for the 2011 football game threads. EA just announced they will be using ESPN presentation in NCAA 2011. Here's the blog:

hxxp://ncaafootball.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=espn

ESPN Integration

by Greg 04/15/10 5:55 PM

Hey everyone, this is Greg Heddlesten and I’m a Designer for the NCAA® Football 11 team here at Tiburon. My main area of ownership is presentation and, as Roy mentioned in his previous blog, when we began work on NCAA 11 it was very important for us bring even more authenticity to the product and continue to blur the line between real life and the game. One of our first goals for this year’s title was to give our in-game presentation an upgrade with the audio and visuals of ESPN College Football.

Previously, we had only gotten our feet wet with ESPN integration by implementing the ESPN SportsCenter updates and the news ticker. But everyone here, as well as everyone on the forums, felt that the ESPN experience just wasn’t complete without the ESPN College Football theme music and the in-game visuals and presentation. We all got our first taste of what an ESPN style broadcast could bring to our college sports products in NCAA® Basketball 10. The excitement, imagery, and sounds they were able to implement gave their game an entirely new vibe. With that in mind, it was time for us to dive in and really give our in-game presentation a new coat of paint with the help of ESPN.

One of the cool things about working with ESPN on the visual side was we were able to see the new graphics package they were going to roll out in 2010 before everyone else. The general public got one of their first glances of this new visual style during the Bowl Season this past winter. It was really important for us to have the graphics in the game match what you would be seeing during the College Football season this year. The reference provided by ESPN really helped our artists replicate the look and UI animations you’ll see on television and help us continue to blur the line between NCAA Football 11 and watching a broadcast of ESPN College Football. So, without further delay, let’s take a closer look at what’s to come!

The sights and sounds of ESPN you can expect in NCAA® Football 11:

Updated In-Game UI:

Game Clock: As some of you recently speculated in the Tim Tebow interview article, the game clock has been updated to reflect the new visual style that ESPN revealed during bowl season. We’ve recreated nearly every animation in the game clock from the Touchdown animation to how the clock opens out from the single ESPN cell.

Banners: Banners received a face lift to match the ESPN style with new data like home town info for Impact and Injured player banners. In addition, we’ve also created a “Dual Threat” banner to support our mobile quarterbacks now that everyone will be taking advantage of our locomotion update mentioned in our previous blog.

Replay Wipes: ESPN logo intro wipe plays as you start the replay and outro wipe plays as you exit back to the field. These aren’t just videos played back over the screen, the wipe is actually a fully animated 3D animation rendered in real time. It’s pretty slick.

The Monolith! It’s our take on the broadcast bumper you see before every game with the College Football shield logo. This thing is completely rendered real time in the stadium you are about to play in and helps us kick off the broadcast. Coupled with the ESPN College Football Theme…awesome.

Updated UI in the Main Menu and Screens:

The new ESPN look wasn’t only integrated into the in-game broadcast. The entire game has been accentuated by the ESPN style to really give the entire game a new television broadcast theme.

Other ESPN additions: On Demand Improvements You can now filter ESPN news articles by you favorite Sports, Conferences and Teams ESPNU Top 150 Recruits ESPNU lists their top 150 recruits that are available in your dynasty

From the new look of ESPN’s game clock and stat banners to the ESPN College Football theme; we’ve infused our game with the iconic sights and sounds of College Football on ESPN. I hope that you’ve enjoyed this sneak peak of what’s to come for our presentation updates in NCAA® Football 11. Stay tuned for more presentation announcements as we get closer to launch. I can’t wait to show you guys our next major presentation update!

Last edited by Kodos : 09-07-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:20 PM   #2
MJ4H
Coordinator

Well at least they are spending time on the important things. Thank goodness the replay wipes will be fully animated 3D.

Last edited by MJ4H : 04-15-2010 at 10:20 PM.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:51 PM   #3
DanGarion
Coordinator

THEY ADDED TWO NEW MASCOTS!!!!!!!!!1111!11one
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:54 AM   #4
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I don't care, I loved 2010 and can't wait to get my gubby paws on 2011!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:01 PM   #5
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I hate to say it, but I didn't buy 2010 and it didn't bother me one bit. I thought I'd go through withdrawal, but no. I'm hopeful that they add something to the game that really makes me want to jump back on the bandwagon.

Edit: And the stuff in the OP ain't it.

Last edited by Pumpy Tudors : 04-16-2010 at 12:02 PM.
Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:24 PM   #6
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

I didn't buy 2010 and I likely won't buy this one or Madden because of how stupid things have become.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:31 PM   #7
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Put it on PC!!!!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:55 PM   #8
Cuckoo
College Starter

I did buy 2010 and regretted it.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:59 PM   #9
Kodos
Resident Alien

hxxp://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/04/28/news-ncaa-stadium.aspx

Ping mckerney: Gameinformer article on them making TCF stadium for the game.

Last edited by Kodos : 04-29-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:11 PM   #10
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I'm still holding out hope they revamp the post-game analysis, with a WWTD (What Would Tebow Do?) section and a Dick Vitale scoring recap.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:20 PM   #11
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I asked on the Operation Sports forums whether they added the accelerated clock like Madden had last year but was told they have more important things to worry about, like dreadlocks.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:26 PM   #12
Kodos
Resident Alien

The guys clamoring for the dreadlocks are amazing. Does it make that big a difference?
Old 04-29-2010, 11:39 PM   #13
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
The guys clamoring for the dreadlocks are amazing. Does it make that big a difference?

Of course! As hair is part of the body, if your dreadlocked running back is tackled near the sideline and his hair touches the line, it could determine whether or not the clock stops!

Last edited by Groundhog : 04-29-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:47 AM   #14
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I liked custom conferences, but if there are no improvements in NCAA11, I'm fine with 10.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:43 AM   #15
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

finally, dreadlocks!

Honestly.. loved 10 - just a few gripes and they need to add presentation, which it sounds like they did via ESPN.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:06 AM   #16
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
finally, dreadlocks!

Honestly.. loved 10 - just a few gripes and they need to add presentation, which it sounds like they did via ESPN.

Not so fast, my friend...

Wait..what no Dreads - Operation Sports Forums

Last edited by Kodos : 04-30-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:45 AM   #17
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
...a new coat of paint...

Sums up every year recently.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:24 AM   #18
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Of course! As hair is part of the body, if your dreadlocked running back is tackled near the sideline and his hair touches the line, it could determine whether or not the clock stops!

First the dreadlocks, then for 2012 a tackle animation for grabbing a guy by his dreadlocks and throwing him out of bounds.

The possibilities are endless!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:29 AM   #19
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Last year was the first year I didn't buy an NCAA game...ever. I dug 09 pretty hard, and had a lot of fun with the FOFC dynasties and everybody here. Hopefully there are some AI advancements, otherwise not buying the current years iteration might turn into a streak.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:44 AM   #20
Icy
Pro Starter

Count me on those who didn't buy NCAA10 and didn't regret later reading the comments. I did purchase Madden10 and i regret from it, so this year i doubt i'll buy any of them, at least until i read a lot of positive comments about AI or if they make the superstar/road to glory modes fun enough.

ESPN integration etc is nice to have, but not the main sales point for me for sure.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:46 AM   #21
wade moore
lolzcat

I'm thinking about switching to Madden this year. I don't have a ton of video game playing time, so I really can't put the time into both. NCAA has gotten a bit stale for me so I'm looking for a change of pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:31 PM   #22
Kodos
Resident Alien

Looking forward to Year 2 of the Big FOFC Madden League!
Old 05-01-2010, 09:14 AM   #23
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'll believe it when I see it, but this new blocking logic would be a significant addition to the series if it works properly:

Real Assignment AI : NCAA Football Blog : EA SPORTS
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:18 AM   #24
MJ4H
Coordinator

First good news I've read in years about the franchise. Probably at least a decade.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:33 AM   #25
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The other thing that does give me some hope for the series is a rumor that there are several programmers from NFL 2k5 who have joined the NCAA Team.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:35 AM   #26
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
The other thing that does give me some hope for the series is a rumor that there are several programmers from NFL 2k5 who have joined the NCAA Team.

While this appears to be good news on one level, in actuality it just pisses me off all over again.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:22 PM   #27
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Love 10 and loved Madden 10. Unless something drastic happens in either this year, I plan on just playing 10 for another year. No biggie to me.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #28
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Love 10 and loved Madden 10. Unless something drastic happens in either this year, I plan on just playing 10 for another year. No biggie to me.
but i dont understand
the internet says that madden suxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 05-13-2010, 03:06 PM   #29
Kodos
Resident Alien

Anyone else starting to get that console football itch? I barely played either Madden 2010 or NCAA 2010.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:19 PM   #30
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Anyone else starting to get that console football itch? I barely played either Madden 2010 or NCAA 2010.

Yes, I am. I'm back to playing Madden 2010 and having fun with it.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:31 PM   #31
Groundhog
Coordinator

I played Madden 2010 for a week or so, haven't touched it since. I bought NCAA 09 and played it for about 2 hours total, didn't get 10.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:35 AM   #32
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I'll also be waiting for reviews before I buy. The whole EA SPorts Pass really pisses me off. There's a big difference between providing additional value to customers for buying new, and witholding half the game for those buying used.

The worst part is that it just devalues the trade in value for those of us that do buy new, you can't flip to Gamestop for credit once the season is over because they're forced to sell it for less this year to compensate.

So while Gamestop will still be making their money on the used transaction (they'll sell for less but they'll pay less to take in the trade), the one who suffers the most is in fact the new buyer because their game is instantly devalued even moreso than in past years the moment you crack open that seal.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:59 AM   #33
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I never picked up NCAA 10. I did get Madden 10 and played it for a week, then put it down and never touched it again. I haven't actually enjoyed a Madden game in a long, long time. Probably dating back to as far as 2001 or 2002 when it seemed like the quality of game was actually catching up to the technology of the time. Now it just feels stagnant.

I loved NCAA 09, and had a blast in several leagues here at FOFC. I might pick up 11, that is if I can ever bring myself to stop playing The Show.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:06 PM   #34
Kodos
Resident Alien

It's too bad I'm not a baseball fan.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:04 PM   #35
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Latest blog Dynasty Phone call process update!

Dynasty Blog 1 of 3: Phone Call : NCAA Football Blog : EA SPORTS

I really want to wait to read previews before I buy this year, but all the changes they have been working on are the ones that previously frustrated me the most!

Last edited by Mike1409 : 05-18-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:14 PM   #36
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I didn't go with it last year and will probably pass again this year. I'd love a football game I could play but games like The Show, FIFA, and NBA 2K are just so much better that I put my time with that. Not to mention I've gotten into FM much more lately.

Kind of crazy that the only games I played 10 years ago were football ones and now I barely even follow what's going on in that space.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:09 PM   #37
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Dynasty Blog 2 of 3: Prospects

Latest Blog on Prospects

Dynasty Blog 2 of 3: Prospects : NCAA Football Blog : EA SPORTS
Old 05-25-2010, 07:31 AM   #38
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

NCAA 11 new features..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzFm84utLQA&feature=player_embedded

I love two sports games, NHL and NCAA. NHL 10 delivered this year and I'm really excited about NCAA 11.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:19 PM   #39
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

FYI,

The demo will be out June 14th for the 360 and the 15th for the PS3.

NCAA Football 11 Demo coming soon : NCAA Football News : EA SPORTS
Old 05-29-2010, 09:31 PM   #40
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
FYI,

The demo will be out June 14th for the 360 and the 15th for the PS3.

NCAA Football 11 Demo coming soon : NCAA Football News : EA SPORTS

Can't wait, thanks!
Old 06-07-2010, 07:39 PM   #41
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Per Pasta Padre, the demo will be out the 14th for both systems now. It will include 8 teams in 4 distinct match-ups (can't mix and match) in order to show off the various offensive styles that is the one of the new main points of the marketing. The other match-ups will be revealed throughout the week. The 1st one revealed is OSU vs Miami.

Additional NCAA Football 11 Demo Details | pastapadre.com

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-07-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:49 PM   #42
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Will FCS schools be in the game this year?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:18 AM   #43
Balldog
Pro Rookie

The hype machine is sucking me in.

Hopefully we can get a FOFC OD going, what system will people be getting this for?
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:50 AM   #44
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
The hype machine is sucking me in.

Hopefully we can get a FOFC OD going, what system will people be getting this for?

360 here if I get it (which is looking more likely than before.)
Old 06-08-2010, 04:41 PM   #45
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

FSU vs Florida is the 2nd game announced for the demo. This dynasty blog is the first one that has gotten me excited about the game. Of all the sliders, one for recruiting difficulty has been needed for a while. Also the updated recruiting logic sounds good:

Dynasty Blog 3 of 3: Recruiting Logic and Extras : NCAA Football Blog : EA SPORTS
Old 06-08-2010, 04:52 PM   #46
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Sounds good, but damn, how are they just now incorporating this type of logic?
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:15 PM   #47
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

If only I hadn't sold my 360, I could whip some more ass in a FOFC OD
Old 06-09-2010, 05:51 PM   #48
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Online Dynasty to be available from the web.

Video Games: Online dynasty on 'NCAA Football 11' to feature Web recruiting, story generator - ESPN

All recruiting activities in online dynasty can be done without being on the console!

Last edited by Mike1409 : 06-09-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:57 PM   #49
Radii
Head Coach

That's awesome!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:00 PM   #50
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
Online Dynasty to be available from the web.

Video Games: Online dynasty on 'NCAA Football 11' to feature Web recruiting, story generator - ESPN

All activities in online dynasty besides the actual playing of the game can be done without being on the console!

this, this is a fkn brilliant move.