Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-24-2007, 01:11 PM   #1
miami_fan
Coordinator

WITHOUT PREJUDICE?

Has anyone seen this show? Here is the write up from GSN's website

http://www.gsn.com/withoutprejudice/home.php

Quote:
'Political correctness' is a hot-button, tightrope topic and WITHOUT PREJUDICE? is taking aim on the nation, ready to gauge the climate of moral consciousness.

Hosted by Dr. Robi Ludwig, a renowned psychotherapist and journalist, this provocative series focuses on five contestants willing to open their lives to examination. A panel of strangers will decide which ONE contestant deserves to receive a $25,000 prize. Both the panel and home viewers will discover more and more about each contestant as the examination progresses and subsequently, contestants are eliminated.

WITHOUT PREJUDICE? does not support or condemn any action, attribute or value system, but rather stimulates an open debate. The diverse panel and viewers will soon need to make the ultimate determination that will impact five lives on the line. Can a life-altering decision truly be reached WITHOUT PREJUDICE?

I guess it debuted last week. As much as FOFC loves to love/hate to talk about political correctness, I figured someone would have seen it.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946

miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:16 PM   #2
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Dr. Robi Ludwig, a renowned psychotherapist and journalist

he is? renowned for what exactly?
Old 07-24-2007, 01:53 PM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
he is? renowned for what exactly?

Being good at showing up on TV, apparently.

How many of these unaccredited Drs. are writing books and showing up on TV?

Dr. Robi Ludwig's academic credentials include a Doctorate in Psychology (Psy.D) from the Southern California University for Professional Studies. She holds a post Master's Certificate in Advanced Clinical Work from Hunter College, a Master's Degree in Social Work from the University of Pennsylvania and a Bachelor's Degree in Mass Communications from Cedar Crest College.

Ludwig has treated all forms of mental illness, substance abuse, grieving, sexual identity issues, job stress, emotional/sexual abuse problems and parenting issues in both private practice and clinical settings.

Dr. Robi hosts "One Week to Save Your Marriage," a reality show on TLC. She is a regular contributor to "The Today Show," CNN's "Headline News," the FOX News Channel and Court TV. She has also appeared on such shows as "Regis and Kelly," "Oprah," "The View," "Bill O'Reilly" and "Hannity and Colmes." Most recently, Ludwig served as guest host on "Larry King Live."

Also an author, Dr. Robi Ludwig co-wrote "'Til Death Do US Part: Love, Marriage and the Mind of the Killer Spouse" with Matt Birkbeck for Atria Books, recently published in paperback. Ludwig currently resides in Manhattan with her psychiatrist husband, Dr. David Ludwig, and the couples' two children.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:15 PM   #4
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

So, the least prejudiced person wins?

Never seen the show and don't care too since it sounds stupid but, then again, what would you expect from a show hosted by a woman...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:05 PM   #5
Radii
Head Coach

3 minutes into the show and i hate every single person on the panel deciding who gets the money. its going to be really tough to stomach and entire episode of this.
Radii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:15 PM   #6
heybrad
Norm!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
3 minutes into the show and i hate every single person on the panel deciding who gets the money.
+1
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:22 PM   #7
MJ4H
Coordinator

Horrific idea for a show. Absolutely atrocious viewing. The previews made me want to be violent towards everyone on the screen. Watching it now and this feeling has only intensified.

The first thing the group did was vote off a guy from Texas because Texans sound uneducated and stupid and he reminded someone of a serial killer. Seriously, I want to put my foot through the screen.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:25 PM   #8
Radii
Head Coach

The thing that got me was the woman that said "well she seems sweet but she's Asian and asians seem sweet but you know how they are"
Radii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:28 PM   #9
MJ4H
Coordinator

Oh god i was so fucking mad about that i blocked it from memory. This has to be the most infuriating shit ive ever seen. They should call this show bigotry.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:55 PM   #10
DolphinFan1
College Benchwarmer

I actually saw this last week while on vacation. I wasn't impressed at all. I thought the panel members were very shallow.

I am on a quest to show that the Dolphins can win the Super Bowl. Or should I say Front Office Bowl, with FOF2K7.

The revival of an old favorite, FOFC Wrestling Dynasty
DolphinFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:31 AM   #11
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I think this show, if it weren't for it's imminent cancelling, could be responsible for hundreds of new stereotypes
Old 07-25-2007, 06:52 AM   #12
Butter
Coordinator

The worst part about the show? It's 90 minutes. I couldn't take 5 minutes, and this thing drags on for 90. It won't last long.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:44 AM   #13
miami_fan
Coordinator

It is sad that last night was not the first (or second, third...) time I heard many of those things the panel had to say.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:41 PM   #14
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I watched a good portion of the show last night, and while I didn't hate it, I think it's pointless. I agree with others that the show just ends up making me hate the people on the panel. Oh, the blonde woman doesn't like interracial relationships, huh? Yeah, fuck you, lady. What's that? The bald guy is initially completely against spanking children, but he hears one of the contestants speak two sentences about it, and now maybe spanking is OK? Way to ride that fence there, numbnuts. Wow, Mr. College Age Guy is just sitting at the end of the panel with almost no opinion about anybody. Yeah, it's heartening to see that this guy helps decide who gets $25,000.

What a farce. On top the that, the host isn't even hot, so why would I watch this again?

Last edited by Pumpy Tudors : 07-25-2007 at 12:42 PM.
Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote