Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-04-2005, 08:55 AM   #1
Adamski47
High School JV

Madden out yet?

Sorry, I've been out of the game having moved over the weekend and am just getting settled in. It looks like some people have it and some don't? Is this another NCAA debacle?!?!!

Thanks.

Adamski47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 09:58 AM   #2
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

The official release date is August 9th
Old 08-04-2005, 10:03 AM   #3
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

There has been some concern (second hand from Bill Abner) and first hand on a few of the message boards that precision passing might have a glitch in it where tall receivers catch everything thrown high to them, but there were later counters posted to that by the person who initially brought up the concern.

Anyway, I've been reading all of the impressions, and I haven't heard of massive mistakes like NCAA releasing early. People that have connections have gotten preview copies early.

I broke down and preordered the other night, and will be picking it up at 12:01 AM on the 9th. I can't wait to see what Reggie Bush does in the NFL (and I might transition my NCAA dynasty to follow that..)
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 04:21 PM   #4
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
There has been some concern (second hand from Bill Abner) and first hand on a few of the message boards that precision passing might have a glitch in it where tall receivers catch everything thrown high to them, but there were later counters posted to that by the person who initially brought up the concern.

Anyway, I've been reading all of the impressions, and I haven't heard of massive mistakes like NCAA releasing early. People that have connections have gotten preview copies early.

I broke down and preordered the other night, and will be picking it up at 12:01 AM on the 9th. I can't wait to see what Reggie Bush does in the NFL (and I might transition my NCAA dynasty to follow that..)

i check all the first impressions so far too. it sounds great.

i also heard about the jet pack, where the wr will jump high and catch it like in madden 2004, but this time you dont need to click and unclick on the wr to do it. the cpu will do it for you. so that is a concern. i hope it not true.

have you guys heard anything about the sim stats? no qb stats glitch?
just making sure.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 06:04 PM   #5
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
i check all the first impressions so far too. it sounds great.

i also heard about the jet pack, where the wr will jump high and catch it like in madden 2004, but this time you dont need to click and unclick on the wr to do it. the cpu will do it for you. so that is a concern. i hope it not true.

have you guys heard anything about the sim stats? no qb stats glitch?
just making sure.

There are ways to counter the jet pack that the guy who discovered it has already mentioned. You have to be aggressive in getting underneath the guy, and if the receiver still tries to catch it that way, offensive pass interference will occur.

I haven't heard anything about sim stats, good or bad.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 10:22 PM   #6
Adamski47
High School JV

Thanks for the info.
Adamski47 is offline   Reply With Quote