Sign me up for this*

*Not skating
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:03 PM   #252
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Who has the axe fell on? I'm taping survivor instead of Idol...so I won't be able to watch the show later.

Brenna
Heather
David
Sway
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:09 PM   #253
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman
Hahaha Paula is drunk or something

Ya.. holy shit.. what was with THAT.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:12 PM   #254
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
Brenna, no one is going to buy your album bitch.

Yep. I'm going to turn off the radio if I hear her.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:24 PM   #255
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Yeah, Paula was cuckoo for coco puffs tonight. She wasn't even coherent. I think Seacrest was being honest when he was trying to get her to quit joking around as he was about to announce who was leaving, since it was uncomfortable. That was plain weird.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:26 PM   #256
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman
Sign me up for this*

*Not skating

So, does anyone think Sasha's face looks similar to Katharine's? Maybe, it's just me.. Anyway, I like both of their faces.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-02-2006 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:37 PM   #257
Swaggs
Coordinator

Paula. Relapse.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:44 PM   #258
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
Yeah, Paula was cuckoo for coco puffs tonight. She wasn't even coherent. I think Seacrest was being honest when he was trying to get her to quit joking around as he was about to announce who was leaving, since it was uncomfortable. That was plain weird.

I was beginning to think I was the only one to say "cuckoo for coco puffs."
Old 03-02-2006, 10:14 PM   #259
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
...cuckoo for coco puffs tonight...

Eh? You talkin' to me?

Yes, Paula was most definitely high or drunk or something. She was completely whacked out.

As for the contestants, I got it almost exactly right by picking the bottom 3 guys and the bottom 3 girls. I thought Kevin would go over David this week, though, so I guess the puppy-dog syndrome forces me to endure him a bit longer.

As to GWB's comments on certain parts of Heather's anatomy... agreed. And I think the girls overall are much hotter this year than in year's past, it seems like. There are several that are pleasing to the eye.

Edit: I should say were since two of them are now gone.

Last edited by Cuckoo : 03-02-2006 at 10:23 PM.
Cuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:55 PM   #260
Ksyrup

I have to admit that I was surprised (pleasantly) at how poorly Kevin did, given the attention he's been getting and the love Randy and Paula gave him. I have to give the voting public credit for not buying into the BS. Honestly, I thought he was a lock for the top 12 thanks to all of that BS. But in the end, it just came down to the fact that he looks incredibly out of place and appears to be the antithesis of Taylor in terms of his ability to show feeling and groove and rhythm while singing. He should be gone next week.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-02-2006 at 10:56 PM.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:02 PM   #261
Schmidty
Coordinator

This is late, but I wanted to say this:

In last night's performance, I think Taylor said "WOOOO!" more times than Ric Flair has said in his entire wrestling career.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:04 PM   #262
Ksyrup

Yeah, that's what I referred to previously as his tourette's syndrome. I'm praying for him to throw out a spontaneous "motherfucker!" one of these times. That would be AWESOME.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:10 PM   #263
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I referred to previously as his tourette's syndrome. I'm praying for him to throw out a spontaneous "motherfucker!" one of these times. That would be AWESOME.

Hahahaha!!!!!
Old 03-02-2006, 11:18 PM   #264
Ksyrup

Interesting tidbit of a backstage subplot...

That rumor about Katharine McPhee leaving Idol had a kernel of truth to it. Rumor has it, all of the contestants are feeling the stress and exhaustion from the show's long hours--which showed in last night's low energy performances. And, when Katharine, who lives in the local LA area, wanted to leave the hotel to go home and rest--some of the kids complained. After all, most of the contestants are miles away from their own homes, without the luxury of family nearby, like Katharine. They felt allowing her to go home just wouldn't be fair. The producers made her stay, but her mom was insisting that she be allowed to leave. Mom said that if she "doesn't get the rest that she needs," they would find somebody to get Katharine medically released from her contract. This happened over the weekend--and you will note that Katharine is still with us--so not to worry. That tidbit, making its way around the internets, originally found at Survivor Sucks.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:29 AM   #265
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well no surprises with who went home last night-thank god Brenna is gone. The only mild surprise was Kevin being in the bottom 3.

This next week will be an interesting one. Other than Kinnik, I think all the other girls deserve to be in the Top 6-A bad performance likely will determine who goes besides Kinnik. Right now I think it will be Melissa who goes.

With the guys, with Kevin dropping into the bottom 3 this week, I think he goes next week along with either Bucky or Will joining him. Ace had better watch out though if he puts in another bad performance.

And Paula was clearly high and/or drunk last night. That was such an embarassing moment for her and Idol.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:14 AM   #266
law90026
College Benchwarmer

About Paula... was it just me or was Simon actually delighting in the fact she was high and feeding her with nonsense to say? I bet he's secretly delighted he had the opportunity to taunt her like that.
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:21 AM   #267
Joe
Pro Starter

Heather= Playboy

Brenna= Bangbus
Old 03-03-2006, 12:35 PM   #268
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
Heather= Playboy

Brenna= Bangbus
rulez
Old 03-03-2006, 02:30 PM   #269
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I think Kinnik and Melissa will go home next week for the girls. The guys will probably be Kevin and Bucky. As someone said, these weeks leading up to the final are just trimming the fat. In my opinion, Chris and Kelli will be the last two standing. I can not remember, does 1 and 2 have to be one male and one female?
Old 03-03-2006, 02:36 PM   #270
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
In my opinion, Chris and Kelli will be the last two standing. I can not remember, does 1 and 2 have to be one male and one female?

I say Chris and Katherine. I don't think there's a requirement about the last two being one girl/one guy, but I see these two as the ones to beat. The top 6 are those plus Lisa, Elliott, Paris and Taylor, with Mandisa barely missing out on that group. My guess is that none of the others even have a chance; it's just the order in which they're eliminated.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:45 PM   #271
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

My Top 6 are:

Chris
Kellie
Geoden (sp?)
Lisa
Ace
Mandisa

I am basing that on stage presence as well as voice. That is who I think America will vote for. Ace sucked the other night, but he has a good voice and the female vote will really push him across. I do not see Taylor going much farther, especially after his lackluster performance the other night. I could see someone like Ayla or Will sneaking into the top 6. But I think America has shown us that they are not going to vote on looks, as Becky was booted the first week.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:47 PM   #272
Ksyrup

Quote:
Heather= Playboy

Brenna= Bangbus

Perfect!
Old 03-03-2006, 02:51 PM   #273
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I know I am going to feel stupid as hell after asking this, but what exactly is bangbus? I am guessing it is some kind of internet pron thing?
Old 03-03-2006, 02:56 PM   #274
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
I know I am going to feel stupid as hell after asking this, but what exactly is bangbus? I am guessing it is some kind of internet pron thing?

*nods*
Old 03-03-2006, 07:36 PM   #275
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Heather= Playboy

Brenna= Bangbus

Heather = VIP Room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:26 PM   #276
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

An abbreviated form of the ratings this week, as I was out of town all last week and just watched the performances on tape tonight. Also, knowing who was eliminated this week already, it's just not as interesting.

The Ladies:

It was a down week, with not a whole lot separating the top performances.

1. Melissa McGhee 87
2. Paris Bennett 83
3. Lisa Tucker 81
4. Mandisa Hundley 80
5. Katharine McPhee 78
6. Kellie Pickler 76
7. Ayla Brown 69
8. Heather Cox 55
9. Kinnik Sky 50
10. Brenna Gethers 29

I completely agree with the choices the audience made, eliminating Brenna and Heather. Kinnik isn't going to last much longer, though. I'm finding Ayla more and more robotic each week. Kellie dropped quite a bit with a dull performance. Katharine had her moments, but started very rough. Mandisa was good, but not consistent, either. Paris is amazingly polished, but annoying. Lisa was solid again and Melissa gave a very pure performance.

The Men:

The men were better this week, with the top performers separating themselves quite a bit.

1. Elliott Yamin 97
2. Chris Daughtry 92
3. Gedeon McKinney 84
4. Ace Young 79
5. Taylor Hicks 78
6. Will Makar 69
7. Jose Penala 65
8. Bucky Covington 56
9. David Radford 38
10. Kevin Covais 33

I can't argue with the audience this time, either. Jose has some potential, but that's twice he's has some painful moments in his songs - just not entertaining. David was lifeless crooning, much worse than last week. I don't get Kevin at all, I thought that was one of the most uninspired performances ever on the show. Bucky started okay, but fell apart. Will has a very pure voice, but he's also very immature sounding. Taylor was better, though he might have Tourette's and he does get sloppy at times. Ace had an off week, but he'll be back. Gedeon started shaky, but quickly recovered with a very strong performance. Chris showed enormous skill tackling his song and Elliott nailed an extremely difficult song. The top four guys this week are definite contenders for the overall title.

For this coming week, I'll just make a quick advance prediction: Kinnik and Ayla are eliminated on the ladies' side and Will and Bucky go home on the mens' side. Kevin will live on to annoy millions for at least another week or two.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:36 PM   #277
Ksyrup

Don't mess with Paris, she's got "Favor."
Old 03-07-2006, 07:54 PM   #278
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

No comments on the performances (since I'm sure some of you haven't seen yet), but I'm liking Melissa more and more each week, and it has nothing to do with her voice.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:29 PM   #279
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Read no further if you're west coasting along and don't want to know anything about tonight's performances.

I thought it was a very, very weak night overall. By the end of the show, the judges were desperate to latch on to anything. Much too much praise for some mediocre performances.

To the ratings:

1. Katharine McPhee: Her personality comes through on songs like this, and that's what makes it look effortless. It wasn't a great performance, but it hit the mark - something no one else did tonight. I think she's the best performer among the ladies, though not the most talented. Score of 85.

2. Lisa Tucker. She is remarkably consistent, which is made all the more remarkable by her age. I worry a little bit about her in the theme weeks, but she's the most talented of the youngsters. Score of 80.

3. Mandisa Hundley. Far too much raving about what was a decent performance, but helped along quite a bit by the backup singers, who did the hard work in the lower ranges Mandisa was afraid to try. And then there are passages that she hits perfectly that no one else can hit. She's a definite wild card, but ultimately - and this is a personal preference - I just don't like the hit or miss style. Score of 77.

4. Kellie Pickler. To put a performance like this in the top half of the ladies tonight shows exactly why I thought tonight was a fairly dismal night in the Idol annals. She missed a bushel of notes toward the end of the song, and I think the reason is that the scale of Black Velvet is difficult, and possibly she just plumb forgot it. Yet Simon said he likes Kellie more than Carrie Underwood. Sure, I can understand that, as long as you're looking for a replacement for Paris Hilton in The Simple Life. But Carrie can sing much better. Score of 74.

5. Paris Bennett. It's not the song choice, Paris is a 70-year-old woman in a 17-year-old's clothing. And while her rendition was competent, it was also dull city. She took all the energy out of Gloria Estefan. Score of 73.

6. Melissa McGhee. I hope she doesn't go, because she is very attractive, and I think she's been much, much better in past weeks. But she did shout more than sing, and if closed your eyes at all, you'd think Ann and Nancy Wilson were tied up and beaten, then forced up on stage. Score of 64.

7. Ayla Brown. The singing robot could make The Star Spangled Banner sound like one of Yanni's Greatest Hits. Her melodies mumble, and while she's usually in tune, the only power she can generate with her voice sounds straight out of a voice trainer's exercise program. Score of 58.

8. Kinnik Sky. Just dreadful. Out of tune most of the way, and very low energy for that type of song. Score of 38.

Kinnik is gone. There can't be much doubt about that. The judges seem to think Melissa blew herself out of the competition. I'm not so sure. I don't see where Ayla's fan base is going to come from, and Melissa beat her soundly the first two weeks. So I hope Ayla goes instead. Seems about 50/50 right now.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:50 PM   #280
Ksyrup

I don't think much of Pickles, really. She's overplaying the hick thing to the point where she's starting to appear more like Enis from Dukes of Hazzard than Carrie Underwood. Katherine McPhee's voice is just amazing - on that alone, I think she's the best of the women. But I wasn't floored by her tonight. She's almost too in contol of her voice. and it seems to hold her back on her performances. I'd still like to see her in the top 3, though.

Would you change your mind about Ayla if I told you Yanni was just arrested on a domestic abuse charge?
Old 03-07-2006, 08:53 PM   #281
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
you'd think Ann and Nancy Wilson were tied up and beaten, then forced up on stage

I can't tell if that's an insult to them or not?
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:37 PM   #282
Easy Mac

I am completely in love with Katharine McPhee. She's cute, she's beautiful, she's hot... She is at the top of my "list". I could watch her sing all day. She could read me the phone book and she would have my complete attention.

And there's something about Kelly too... She's are Carrie-lite, but I almost like her as much as Ms. Underwood. She's not as cute, she's not as talented, her body isn't as good, and as weird as it is to say, she's nowhere near as intelligent as Carrie... but I may like her even more. Something about extremely dumb Southern blondes that is enrapturing.

Tonights top 8:
1. Katharine - ahhhhhhhhhhhhh... I really don't think I can quantify my feelings.
2. Kelly - I didn't think she sang all that well, but everything after won me over.
3. Mandisa - I didn't think the song was that great, but I think her presence alone could have her win this thing. I think my expectations for her are so high that anything less than perfection is a disappointment.
4. Lisa - She didn't sound great, but there are times where you could see a lot of talent.
5. Paris - She was nice and jumpy, like always.
6. Ayla - I like her, but she looked horrible and didn't sound great.
7. Melissa - I really don't like her. She looks like a "special" Sharona from Monk. I hope she goes.
8. Kinnik - Completely overmatched.

I think that of the girls, Katharine is the only one that can realistically give the guys a run for their money in the end. She has everything a guy could want, but I'm not totally sure that translates into what makes a good pop star. Mandisa, to put it bluntly, is too heavy. I think she has immense talent, but I don't think America can get past that for a female. Kelly doesn't have the talent, Lisa and Paris are too young, and Ayla looks like a rich girl who's slumming.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:46 PM   #283
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
I am completely in love with Katharine McPhee. She's cute, she's beautiful, she's hot

I agree.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:49 PM   #284
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Katharine's cute, but she isn't anything special to me. And I thought her performance tonight was weak. It's not that she can't sing, but that song is WAY over her head. You don't sing that shit without soul, and that rugrat ain't got no soul. I was almost offended.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:57 PM   #285
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I did NOT see what the fuss over Mandisa was about. I thought she did very well, but I have heard better vocals this season. I think its been said time and time again that American Idol is just not about the vocals. Paris and Mandisa can sing, but they do not have the total package. I thought Lisa was mediocre tonight. Kellie does not have the best vocals, but she can get by and she is very likeable.

I take a look at Paris and think that she belongs on the Cosby Show instead of American Idol. I think Simon was right on in the fact that Kinnik and Melissa will be going home tonight. Also, you can tell that Ayla is doing something that she is not up on stage. On all the clips, she is in athletic wear. But up on stage she is all dressed up and does not look comfortable. I laughed when that metro sexual guy stood next to her.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:33 PM   #286
Cuckoo
College Starter

Yeah, I'm finding myself liking Katherine more and more each week. She's one of the top 2 (along with Chris) if you ask me.

Pickler, on the other hand, is starting to annoy me more and more. It was cute at first. Now I find myself wondering whether she's making it all up. I refuse to believe that America won't tire of her quickly if she continues as she has been.

My rankings for tonight:

Mandisa
Katherine
Lisa
Kellie
Melissa
Paris
Ayla
Kinnik

My guess is that Melissa and Kinnik are gone. But Ayla did poorly enough that she could squeek into that bottom two in my opinion.

Last edited by Cuckoo : 03-07-2006 at 11:12 PM.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:03 PM   #287
Rizon
Pro Starter

I think Pickles would look good in black leather. With Katharine. I would sure like to order the double fur burger meal deal with those two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 06:18 AM   #288
Thomkal
Head Coach

Overall, better than last week, but not as good as week 1 for the girls. I probably liked Mandisa the best, but not by much. It was a pretty even pack amongst the top singers.

As I thought from last week, Melissa and Kinnik will go. Melissa really did shout that song more than sing it. I actually thought it was Kinnik's best performance, and didn't really notice that she was off-key as much as the judges thought she was.

The last person in the Bottom 3 will be interesting. I think any of the remaining girls except Mandisa could be there. Right now I think it will be Lisa for singing an unknown song, but I don't think she's in real danger of leaving. if they base it on last night alone, Paris could be in the bottom 3 too. I did like Paris and Lisa's more grown-up look last night though. There seems to be a real hate her/love her relationship developing for Ayla which could hurt her (I'm on the love her side, but that wasn't her best performance last night). I've never been a huge Katherine fan, and it'll be interesting to see if those rumors that were flying around her about leaving the show will hurt her. She's the most likely of the remainders to be safe I think though. I actually liked a lot of Kellie's performance last night, I think she really sold it. But yeah the dumb blonde stuff is starting to wear thin.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 08:30 AM   #289
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
I am completely in love with Katharine McPhee. She's cute, she's beautiful, she's hot... She is at the top of my "list". I could watch her sing all day. She could read me the phone book and she would have my complete attention.

Amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by other people
Katharine McPhee
Yes yes preach on brothers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
Katharine's cute, but she isn't anything special to me. And I thought her performance tonight was weak. It's not that she can't sing, but that song is WAY over her head. You don't sing that shit without soul, and that rugrat ain't got no soul. I was almost offended.
DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH
Old 03-08-2006, 08:49 AM   #290
law90026
College Benchwarmer

I think it's tight at the bottom to be honest. The 4 I see sailing through are Katherine, Lisa, Paris and Mandisa, on talent and hype.

I think Kellie gets through because of her dumb blonde act. It's getting tired though, coz she was repeating her "calamari" thing from last week. And is she really that dumb/naive/stupid? It works this week but it's beginning to appear contrived.

Kinnik is definitely out, barring a miracle. She's been consistenly the weakest of the females IMO and it's time for her to go.

What will be interesting is the toss-up between Ayla and Melissa. I thought Melissa performed well actually but what do I know. But Ayla looks better IMO. Going to be close.
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 07:08 PM   #291
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors

That's exactlywhat I told my wife. She sang it technically great, but she had no soul. She wasn't Covais-soulless, but she ain't no Aretha.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:31 PM   #292
Easy Mac

Katharine also bounces in all the right ways... mmmm

Anyway, the guys rankings for tonight, updated in somewhat real time
1. Chris - easy. he missed a little tonight, but he's still the best.
2. Gideon - I don't really like him, and he wasn't great tonight, but decent.
3. Bucky - There are times when he sounds like he could be a run of the mill singer, but other times he just sucks.
4. Kevin - bye bye.
5. Taylor - I thought he sounded terrible tonight, he may have had fun, but it was his worst performance so far
6. Ace - He sounded horrible as usual, but I'm having a tough time determining if he was worse than the two below... that was painful... its like someone took his balls... but then i remember he doesn't have any.
7. Peter Brady - I don't know his real name, and I don't think it matters. May have been worse than Corvais.
8. Elliot - Not to be too crass, but good thing he has some hearing loss so he doesn't have to hear himself sing. I don't know how much of a base he has, but this may have been enough to get him to go home.

In summation, I think Elliot may have played his way out of this one... it depends on his fan base, if he has one. Before tonight, I would have said Peter Brady and Kevin, but I could see one of the two sneak into the top 6 guys.

As for the leaders, this is Chris's contest to lose. I don't know if he'll struggle during theme weeks, but he's easily the best/most polished of a the singers. I'd still vote for Katharine if that means I get a date with her.

Last edited by Easy Mac : 03-08-2006 at 07:58 PM.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 07:36 PM   #293
Joe
Pro Starter

I am liking Gedeon. He's beginning to remind me a bit of David Ruffin
Old 03-08-2006, 09:08 PM   #294
wade moore
lolzcat

EM: I'm not as knowledgeable about music as most of you guys, but wow... A couple of guys I think you have WAY off...

Elliot is easily one of the two best guys, neck and neck with Chris... tonights wasn't great, but still above all of the other guys...

And Bucky at 3?!?!?!... wow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:11 PM   #295
Ksyrup

I thought Taylor was right on; a bit too much like the original at first, then he Taylorfied it at the end. Covais, once again, was bordering on horrific. That was like the Vienna's Boys Choir does R&B. I've never heard someone who sings in tune sound so bad. And Bucky was awful.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:31 PM   #296
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

my teeth still hurt from listening to ace (baby face, long hear, stupid hat?) sing that song.
Originally Posted by mijb#19
Switzerland is independant and will try to do so until the apacolypse is upon us.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:35 PM   #297
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore
EM: I'm not as knowledgeable about music as most of you guys, but wow... A couple of guys I think you have WAY off...

Elliot is easily one of the two best guys, neck and neck with Chris... tonights wasn't great, but still above all of the other guys...

And Bucky at 3?!?!?!... wow...

I agree about Elliott.

My list from tonight:

Elliott - Excellent voice.

Chris - Very good song

Taylor - Energetic with good but not great vocals

Gideon - Very good voice tonight

Ace - That falsettio is hard to do, but I didn't like the performance

Bucky - Didn't articulate well, but still not as dreadful as the bottom 2..

Either order: Will and Kevin - both sounded weak, uninspired, and out of tune at times.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:55 PM   #298
Cuckoo
College Starter

I thought Elliott was horrible tonight - easily his worst performance if you ask me. Chris wasn't as good as in the past, but he's still the best guy overall. And once again, I was impressed with Gedeon. I continue to be surprised that he's not getting a lot of attention, and I suppose it's because he's kind of weird. But he has the voice, and he's a good performer.

My rankings just on tonight would be:

Gedeon
Chris
Taylor
Ace
Bucky
Elliott
Will
Kevin

Kevin is just painful to watch, honestly. I would cringe if he was singing at a high school performance. Can he carry a tune? Yes, for the most part. But come on, we're talking about actually paying someone to perform. Please make him go away.

I have to think two of Kevin, Bucky and Will are gone. My money's on Will and this being the week Kevin goes.

Last edited by Cuckoo : 03-08-2006 at 10:56 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:05 PM   #299
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Tonight's ratings are brought to you by Hans Christian Andersen. No, not the guy who kicked for the Chiefs and other teams for thirty-something seasons, it's the Hans Christian Andersen who brought us such classics as "The Marsh King's Daughter" and "The Girl Who Trod on the Loaf." I assure you the latter is a worthy read.

1. Gedeon McKinney. The Ugly Duckling. That smile grates on your nerves. You're ready to hate him, admit it. He starts singing and you're not impressed. But by the end of the song you're fully entertained. Another solid performance by a guy who's turning into a swan as we watch. Score of 83.

2. Chris Daughtry. The Steadfast Tin Soldier. Chris is a little guy, but he can rock out with anyone. I thought this was his worst performance to date, but it was a very mediocre night. Score of 81.

3. Ace Young. The Little Mermaid. Ace's gender identity may be a little uncertain, but he can mesmerize little girls with the best of them. I no longer believe he's a lock for the final four or five, but he's versatile and takes a lot of chances. The falsetto was bad, the rest was pretty good. Score of 73.

4. Elliott Yamin. The Shadow. Last week, I thought Elliott had the best performance of the entire season to date. This week, he was tentative and seemed to lack confidence. Still, he kept in tune for the most part and was mildly ambitious. Score of 69.

5. Kevin Covais. The Toad. Just not working for me. I still think of Kermit the Frog every time he opens his mouth. I didn't think he was horrible this week, just not the kind of singer that can go far in this competition. Score of 61.

6. Taylor Hicks. The Emperor's New Clothes. I get heat for this, more than you'll ever know, because my wife thinks he's great. He still sounds badly out of tune, the style is annoying. Yeah, I get that what he's doing has a high degree of difficulty. But it's painful to listen to and I'm wondering if the judges are just afraid to criticize him because he's such an audience favorite. Score of 58.

7. Bucky Covington. The Thorny Road of Honor. Bucky is true to his roots. He just can't sing about them very well. On the bright side, he's probably nailing Kellie Pickler like she owes him money, whatever that means. Score of 53.

8. Will Makar. Soup from a Sausage Skewer. Quite frankly, that was the worst performance I've ever seen on American Idol. Why did he even bother to show up tonight? Score of 15.

Who is going? Definitely Will. Any support he had was lost to Ace and Kevin today. The Kevin fans will rally around his poor showing last week, so I think Bucky is in considerable danger. I worry a little about Elliott, but I think the judges like him enough to keep his support intact.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:20 PM   #300
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

The voting polls were busy for Chris, and the other person I voted for, Elliot, was real easy to get through. That doesn't sport too well.

There was about a half hour left in the voting process when I was making these calls. I just thought I'd see how many votes I could get in before I got a busy signal for Elliot, and I got about 50 calls in before it finally hit me with a busy.

Last edited by mauchow : 03-08-2006 at 11:20 PM.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote