Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-11-2006, 10:10 PM   #1301
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum
Jumping on the Mandissa comments here I hadn't seen before, but wouldn't it be great if someone did an Idol where no one ever saw the contestants. I know it would be difficult--someone would recognize their voices, contact the media, point them out to who they are or get pictures of them. But if it could be pulled off, that would be great. Then watch everyone's jaws drop when someone like Mandissa walks out.

so you could end up with an idol with horrible stage presence and no performing skills?
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 11:33 PM   #1302
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum
Jumping on the Mandissa comments here I hadn't seen before, but wouldn't it be great if someone did an Idol where no one ever saw the contestants. I know it would be difficult--someone would recognize their voices, contact the media, point them out to who they are or get pictures of them. But if it could be pulled off, that would be great. Then watch everyone's jaws drop when someone like Mandissa walks out.

Wouldn't be great at all. In fact, it would suck. Singing ability is about 1/2 of the gig.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 11:33 PM   #1303
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
so you could end up with an idol with horrible stage presence and no performing skills?

Heh heh, well, the performances would still be live, although in a closed off audition hall. So performing could be judged. Stage presence could also be considered a part of the physical look of a person, and something my suggestion would be trying to avoid. Not perfect, of course, but seeing an Idol win through on voice talent and ability alone would be interesting to see.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 11:34 PM   #1304
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinatieri for Prez
Wouldn't be great at all. In fact, it would suck. Singing ability is about 1/2 of the gig.

Spoilsport.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:37 PM   #1305
jbmagic
Pro Starter

http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/en...215612000.html
American Idol Tour Starts Without McPhee

[quote]Wed Jul 05, 8:22 PM ET

As the young finalists from "American Idols Live" kicked off their U.S. tour Wednesday, word that runner-up Katharine McPhee was sidelined with severe bronchitis and laryngitis disappointed fans.

"It bummed me out," concertgoer Gail Johnson said.

Manchester's Verizon Wireless Arena announced McPhee wasn't performing at the concerts Wednesday and Thursday night; her doctor, Sean Nassari, ordered "total voice rest."

McPhee said in a statement that she was disappointed she couldn't perform, but "I need to follow my doctor's orders to recuperate and reunite with the rest of the idols."

She said her doctor told her she needed to remain silent. "That's the most difficult part, not talking!" McPhee wrote.

McPhee, 22, lost the most recent round of the superpopular singing competition to Taylor Hicks. [/quote
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:43 AM   #1306
primelord
Pro Rookie

In other news I will likely light myself on fire if I have to see Taylor's Ford commercial one more time. They are just hammering us with that one.
primelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:37 AM   #1307
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by primelord
In other news I will likely light myself on fire if I have to see Taylor's Ford commercial one more time. They are just hammering us with that one.

I've been spared of that one. Although, with Tivo, I usually don't see any commercials until football season.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 03:03 PM   #1308
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Former 'Idol' Contestant a Court No-Show
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=234297

Quote:

The Associated Press

YUMA, Ariz. -- A warrant is expected to be issued for the arrest of former "American Idol" contestant Corey Clark after he failed to appear in court on a summons stemming from a July 24 arrest for violating a court order and trespassing.

The Yuma County Attorney filed two misdemeanor charges against Clark for the incident at the Yuma home of his wife's parents. He failed to appear for a hearing Tuesday and the judge sent the case back to prosecutors for an arrest warrant.

Yuma County sheriff's Major Leon Wilmot said Friday he "would anticipate a warrant being issued" soon.

Clark, 26, was disqualified after reaching the finals of the popular TV show's second season in 2003 for failing to reveal a previous arrest. He later claimed to have had an affair with "Idol" judge Paula Abdul and said she paid some of his expenses and promised to fund his career.

Fox said its investigation found no proof of the affair and Abdul stayed with the show.

Clark's wife, Monica Rodriguez Gonzalez, 27, filed for a domestic violence protective order in June in Yuma County Superior Court, claiming that he had abused her. The order prohibited Clark from having any contact with her, as well as eight others, including their child.

jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote