Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-18-2008, 04:21 PM   #1
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Anyone playing Second and Ten??

It's a replay sim. I've been looking at several, but this one had some upside (66 seasons for free!) but I had a devil of a time last night trying to get the demo to work, so I was wondering is anyone playing this? It looks good if I can get it to work!

ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 04:51 PM   #2
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

You should have titled this PING: JIMGA.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:36 PM   #3
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

Playing SAT just about every day. This thread has some good info and links:

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=60752
PadresFan104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:39 PM   #4
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan104 View Post
Playing SAT just about every day. This thread has some good info and links:

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=60752

Thanks. I had done a search, but couldn't find anything. I appreciate it!!!

Last edited by ColtCrazy : 01-18-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:49 PM   #5
vtbub
College Starter

The most addicting football game I have ever played now with over 500 user made college teams and 2007 NCAA about to be released.

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:55 PM   #6
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Great. That thread was something I needed. Now just to get it to work. Anyone running it on Vista? Maybe that's a problem.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:43 PM   #7
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Okay, thanks again for the thread. Got the demo working. Played the 07 Colts vs. 07 Ravens. I was the Colts, won 24-10. Very realistic. Amazing game...definitely will have to purchase this one. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks again!
Old 01-18-2008, 08:24 PM   #8
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Great. That thread was something I needed. Now just to get it to work. Anyone running it on Vista? Maybe that's a problem.

Vista is a pain with this game.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:26 PM   #9
ColtCrazy
College Starter

I'm finding that out now. I got the 2007 season loaded fine....but I get a COT every time I install the 50-06 seasons. Vista says they don't install properly, so I redo it...hit the game, use the master update, and when I try to select it...COT. Very annoying.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:31 PM   #10
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm finding that out now. I got the 2007 season loaded fine....but I get a COT every time I install the 50-06 seasons. Vista says they don't install properly, so I redo it...hit the game, use the master update, and when I try to select it...COT. Very annoying.

I finally got it to work. I can't remember exactly what I did but it has to do with setting permissions for everything in the directory to be allowed by all users at all times. There is also a different location where some of the files get installed to that you need to allow control of. I forget exactly what directory they go into but I recall "VirtualStore" being part of the directory so you might search for that and search in there.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:40 PM   #11
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
I finally got it to work. I can't remember exactly what I did but it has to do with setting permissions for everything in the directory to be allowed by all users at all times. There is also a different location where some of the files get installed to that you need to allow control of. I forget exactly what directory they go into but I recall "VirtualStore" being part of the directory so you might search for that and search in there.

I'll keep messing with it. I noticed the 50-06 seasons went into a different folder from the 07 one. This is rapidly approaching the end of my computer knowledge here. I'll see what I can do though. Thanks!
Old 01-18-2008, 08:53 PM   #12
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'll keep messing with it. I noticed the 50-06 seasons went into a different folder from the 07 one. This is rapidly approaching the end of my computer knowledge here. I'll see what I can do though. Thanks!

Keep plugging away...I didn't have to do too much once I figured it out...just a matter of figuring it out. It's not some insane amount of work once you get it. Find that folder the other seasons went to...that's the key.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:59 PM   #13
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Keep plugging away...I didn't have to do too much once I figured it out...just a matter of figuring it out. It's not some insane amount of work once you get it. Find that folder the other seasons went to...that's the key.

Thanks for the help! I'll get it eventually!!!
Old 01-18-2008, 10:58 PM   #14
Galaril
Pro Starter

This is by far the best pc football game ever IMHO. Regardless replay sim or not and the new addon encyclopedia makes at least career stat tracking possible.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote