Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-16-2008, 07:02 PM   #1
lungs
Pro Rookie

That's a Packer Fan For Ya

http://www.channel3000.com/news/15063175/detail.html

Quote:
Pardeeville Man Arrested On Suspicion Of Restraining, Taping Packers Jersey To Son
Sheriff's Office: Boy Refused To Wear Jersey

UPDATED: 5:23 pm CST January 16, 2008
PARDEEVILLE, Wis. -- A Pardeeville man was arrested on Monday on suspicion of restraining his 7-year-old son with tape after the boy refused to wear a Green Bay Packers jersey this weekend.

Matthew Kowald, 36, was taken into custody on on Monday on suspicion of causing mental harm to a child, false imprisonment and domestic disorderly conduct, according to the Columbia County Sheriff's Office.

Authorities said that the boy's mother called police after the child refused to wear the jersey and Kowald restrained and tied him with tape for about one hour on Saturday. The jersey was also taped to the boy during the time, authorities said.

The Columbia County clerk said that the two felonies the father was arrested on suspicion of -- causing mental harm to a child and false imprisonment -- were dropped on Wednesday morning. Kowald was issued a ticket for domestic disorderly conduct, WISC-TV reported.

Kowald defended his actions in a phone call to WISC-TV, saying he did tie his child up but that it was in a playful manner.

"I taped his legs. He thought he couldn't get out; I let him out. The other two wanted me to do it to them to get him out," Kowald said. "It was just a joke, like, 'I'm not wearing them because you like them, dad.' I said, 'Yeah, you are.' We only had it on them, he took it off. Once the shirt was off, it was off."

Kowald said that when police arrived at his door, he was stunned.

"I had no idea anything like this was even possible. It wasn't like I kept them there and trapped them. It was just when they couldn't get out, we let them out," Kowald said.

Kowald was expected to appear in Columbia County Circuit Court on Wednesday, but didn't have to appear because the two felonies were dropped.

Columbia County District Attorney Jane Kohlwey said there wasn't enough evidence against the father to support felony charges. She said there is no physical injury to the child and that there is no evidence to warrant further evaluation of any emotional damage.

"I am in no way condoning this action by a parent, but I have to follow what the law says," Kohlwey said.

Stay tuned to WISC-TV and Channel 3000 for continuing coverage.

Actually, I'm wondering whether this was just playful and a stupid mother getting worked up called the police over nothing.

lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:06 PM   #2
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

He should beat the crap out of the mother
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:09 PM   #3
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Knowing where they come from, it is a distinct possibility.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:18 PM   #4
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

If one of my parents called the cops everytime the other one did something that caused me mental harm they would have been felons
Old 01-16-2008, 07:26 PM   #5
Joe
Pro Starter

at least he's not a Jags fan

http://www.wnbc.com/news/15050779/detail.html
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:28 PM   #6
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

As a new parent and die-hard fan of a franchise that is the sworn rival of the local team, I will be watching this case closely.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:42 PM   #7
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
As a new parent and die-hard fan of a franchise that is the sworn rival of the local team, I will be watching this case closely.

I am curious what you will do if your kid becomes a Senators or Canadiens fan - no college fund?
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:05 PM   #8
Loren
High School JV

Quote:

I second that...
crap I can't get our kid out of her Favre jersey!! she's been wearing it everyday for like 2 weeks now, the other morning she woke up with it ON scarey part is she gets these horrible looks from every cowboy shirt wearing kid AND adult everywhere we go, i'm pretty sure she could beat them up though..
oh thanks for the welcome Lathum
maybe now that I'll have my sexretary i'll have more time to annoy people with my maroon font..but i doubt it
Old 01-16-2008, 08:08 PM   #9
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

sexretary. lol.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:11 PM   #10
ColtCrazy
College Starter

As a teacher, I see this type of stuff all the time. This sounds fairly innocent compared to some of the stuff I've seen recently. Would make you sick...
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:18 PM   #11
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Sounds like a joke gone bad...probably wasn't the smartest thing for the guy to do, but I don't think it was abusive or worth being arrested for.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:27 PM   #12
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Quote:
sexretary. lol.

please dont encourage.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:01 PM   #13
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
I am curious what you will do if your kid becomes a Senators or Canadiens fan - no college fund?
If she announces she's a Sens fan, it would be like her dying her hair black and announcing she's a Wiccan. I'd pretend to be just shocked enough to humor her, then wait a few weeks for her to outgrow that garbage and be normal again.

If she's a Habs fan, she's out of the family. I love her, but there has to be a line that can't be crossed. It would be like having a kid who joined Al Qaeda.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:13 PM   #14
Rizon
Pro Starter

Kid needs to suck it up and do 10 pushups and then go hunt deer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:41 AM   #15
MikeVic
Head Coach

What if the Sens or Canadiens have some super hot guy on their team at the time your daughter is in her teens. And the Leafs get Wendel Clark Jr. at the time. You know what team she'll be rooting for then.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:18 AM   #16
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
If she announces she's a Sens fan, it would be like her dying her hair black and announcing she's a Wiccan. I'd pretend to be just shocked enough to humor her, then wait a few weeks for her to outgrow that garbage and be normal again.

If she's a Habs fan, she's out of the family. I love her, but there has to be a line that can't be crossed. It would be like having a kid who joined Al Qaeda.

LOL!
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote