Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-26-2016, 01:48 PM   #1
SackAttack
Head Coach

Ping: T.R.O.U.T.

Second run of Civil War is upon us. 4 of 20 are currently engaged. We need more! We're Team Cap this time around to chase Ant-Man covers.

Avengers, assemble!

SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 03:27 PM   #2
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I will be on it later today.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:45 PM   #3
dunkem
Mascot

I'm still on the ISO PVE and will climb aboard after it's done. It seems like Civil War is geared towards the heavy hitters anyways. Last Civil War, towards the later rounds, I ended up putting up one stars just to get through the Cap/Iron man round without busting up my guys. The nodes are reasonable, the main one at level 300 (for me at least) was out of my league at the time.
dunkem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 03:48 PM   #4
rockboy70
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
I will be on it later today.

Me too
rockboy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:07 PM   #5
Umbrella
High School Varsity

I'll get in there later tonight. Working late.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 09:19 PM   #6
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkem View Post
I'm still on the ISO PVE and will climb aboard after it's done. It seems like Civil War is geared towards the heavy hitters anyways. Last Civil War, towards the later rounds, I ended up putting up one stars just to get through the Cap/Iron man round without busting up my guys. The nodes are reasonable, the main one at level 300 (for me at least) was out of my league at the time.

well, what's nice is you can clear a round of CW fights in about 20 minutes. I was able to knock those out just now and then go back to ISO-8. I'm far enough ahead of 21st place that I think I'm safe.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:30 AM   #7
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I ended up 11th in my ISO-8 run (in SQUID). Got two colors of War Machine, wanted all three :P

Did get my Quicksilver in SQUID up to L112, got like 4 covers during it.
Old 05-27-2016, 01:34 AM   #8
SackAttack
Head Coach

I started playing ISO-8 on TROUT for a War Machine green cover, but found myself able to chase blue. So I did. successfully.

And in the process, thanks to double ISO, got two 3* championed. Human Torch, who's boosted in the Civil War event, bestowed upon me my 10th cover for Nick Fury as part of that. So that was nice.
Old 05-27-2016, 02:08 AM   #9
dunkem
Mascot

Yeah, I came in 40th or so in both daily and overall so got a lonely war machine cover. Used my token.. and *tada* two star cover... as usual.

We'll see what I can do now that it's over. Iron Man seems a lot more beatable than what I remember Cap was. *shrug*
dunkem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 02:54 AM   #10
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Iron Man, you have to be quick, because his bots can take big hits for him, and by the time you bring them down, he'll usually have the yellow stored up to just say "Here's two more!"
Old 05-27-2016, 12:13 PM   #11
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Maybe this is common knowledge, but I'll post it anyways. Always make the yellow matches your first priority for Iron Man, even if it doesn't help your powers. About 50% of the time, I can take him out before he brings his reinforcements, and even when he does get them, he is pretty whittled down.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 12:32 PM   #12
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Iron Man, you have to be quick, because his bots can take big hits for him, and by the time you bring them down, he'll usually have the yellow stored up to just say "Here's two more!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrella View Post
Maybe this is common knowledge, but I'll post it anyways. Always make the yellow matches your first priority for Iron Man, even if it doesn't help your powers. About 50% of the time, I can take him out before he brings his reinforcements, and even when he does get them, he is pretty whittled down.

Also! House Party Protocol is weird in that the drones act like Thing or 3* Deadpool, but: they ignore their health. So if you're attacking a drone with 500 health, the full-health drone will swap in. But if you attack the drone with full health, the busted one will jump in front to take the damage.

I think I've even seen IM jump in front of a drone, too, but that doesn't seem to happen as often.

TL;DR - when you deal with the drones, use powers on the stronger of the two if you want the weaker to take that damage.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:40 PM   #13
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Whole Team Spam is good against Iron Man, 2* Storm Blue for example. Also find that Ant-Man's purple is good for buffing the power of matches to do more damage to IM, but keeping it under the threshold that the drones jump in

Cap's mega-yellow is also good to drag things out. Nick Fury's mega-buff (black?) strike tile is good.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:41 PM   #14
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Against Cap, Original Black Widow is fun. "Sure you can put down 2xReinforced tiles.. but if I can keep a steady stream of blues in, good luck getting the timer to expire so you can't actually summon them."