Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-29-2007, 09:13 PM   #1
Tim Tellean
High School JV

Total Pro Golf 2 Release Date Announced!

Total Pro Golf 2 will be available for purchase and electronic download on Wednesday May 30, 2007 at 8 pm EST exclusively at http://www.wolverinestudios.com for $29.95 USD.

Total Pro Golf 2 allows users to create a golfer and take him or her on one of six in game tours. Hire caddies and coaches, purchase equipment and play some great golf to earn sponsorships and your professional tour card. Quickly sim or play out your rounds in a beautiful and rich 2D environment complete with real time scoring so you can keep your eye on the leaderboard as you shoot for the tournament championship.
TPG2 features the same in depth career play as the original with these all new features.
· NEW optional Tri-click method of play (one-click method is still an option)
· NEW shot shaping options adding draw and fade shots to your arsenal
· DOUBLE the number of playable tours in the game to SIX! Work your way up on either an American or European Tour - or even crossover during your career!
· NEW chase for the "Wolverine Cup" - in game points system and playoffs on the pro tour
· NEW world player rankings added
· NEW yearly player awards given and tracked historically
· NEW methods of scheduling tournaments. Use our "auto scheduler" to randomly assign any courses you have on your hard drive to your tour schedule making changing courses a breeze and now "challenge events" are automatically rotated from year to year for you as well
· NEW player creation is a snap now with our random player generator. Choose your tour and your skill ability to start and you will get pre-generated ratings which you can edit if you like or go right into your tour career
· NEW expanded stats and almanac. Track your career winnings by tour or look at the all-time top tens in wins and major wins individually on all six tours!
· NEW courses. Four all new stunningly beautiful courses to play on!
· More NEW features: overall player ratings, weekly schedules suggested by your golf coach, expanded green view in 2D mode and many more enhancements to season and game play!
Total Pro Golf 2 is from acclaimed sports sim developer Gary Gorski. His previous titles include the Total Pro Basketball series, Total College Basketball and Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball. Please visit our forums at www.wolverinestudios.com for more details.

Tim Tellean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:48 PM   #2
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

We decided to post a couple screens tonight as well to show off some of the new features and courses

http://www.wolverinestudios.com/tpg2-screens.html
Old 05-29-2007, 09:51 PM   #3
Groundhog
Coordinator

Looking good Gary. Never got around to trying the first one, but I'll definitely be giving this one a shot.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:54 PM   #4
FBPro
College Starter

Nice, I'll be grabbing this one for sure.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:57 PM   #5
Schmidty
Coordinator

Sounds interesting, but I still refuse to buy a product from a company with the word "Wolverine" in the name.

Last edited by Schmidty : 05-29-2007 at 10:57 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:39 AM   #7
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Sounds interesting, but I still refuse to buy a product from a company with the word "Wolverine" in the name.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:18 AM   #8
Icy
Pro Starter

Congrats on the new release for Gary and whole WS staff. The screens look gorgeous. Looking forward to pick this one and let's see if this time i can give a shot to designing custom courses as i never touched it in TPG1.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:36 AM   #9
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post

think about it, you could chase the Wolverine cup, win it and then destroy it gracefully

Seriously, I wanted to give a try to TPG1 but it never happened for some reason. I'll echo Icy's comments about the game looking absolutely gorgeous. I'm making myself a note to download and try this thing this time around... Good luck to Gary and the Wolverine team.

FM
Old 05-30-2007, 11:50 AM   #10
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Gary: I know it's too late for the release. I know this would require a lot of work, and may not be doable. But the folks I talk to all agree that it would make this game better.

Allow Live Multiplayer action.

I'm not talking a big server where 100+ people all play their rounds for a tournament.

Allow someone to host a game, and 3-4 people connect to it.

Can you imagine chatting with your friends and playing the final round at Augusta , heading into Amen Corner?
Old 05-30-2007, 11:54 AM   #11
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Gary: I know it's too late for the release. I know this would require a lot of work, and may not be doable. But the folks I talk to all agree that it would make this game better.

Allow Live Multiplayer action.

I'm not talking a big server where 100+ people all play their rounds for a tournament.

Allow someone to host a game, and 3-4 people connect to it.

Can you imagine chatting with your friends and playing the final round at Augusta , heading into Amen Corner?

Look at the fun we had trying to do just a simulated round with SimGolf back in the day...
Old 05-30-2007, 12:05 PM   #12
Tim Tellean
High School JV

This is something we have discussed and in the future would certainly like to add.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:05 PM   #13
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Look at the fun we had trying to do just a simulated round with SimGolf back in the day...

If you are talking about the Sid Meir game, then boy, do I wish they'd re-make that game!!! One of my all-time favorites!
PadresFan104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:26 PM   #14
Shaun Sullivan
PureSim

Its pretty cool

I worked on TPG2 with Gary and I have to say it came out better than even we thought it would.

Worth a look for sure.

Shaun
Shaun Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:18 PM   #15
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

I just wanted to say how much I appreciated the help Shaun gave me - if it weren't for him there would be no tri-click and the ball animation would still be stuck back where it was originally (which wasn't very good).

BTW, the game is now released - enjoy!
Old 05-31-2007, 10:46 AM   #16
Bee
Pro Starter

So anyone bite on this? Impressions?
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:03 AM   #17
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

I downloaded the demo yesterday and not knowing it's a three days demo, installed it rightaway instead of waiting for say, Friday evening. This means I now have until Saturday evening to test it to see if I wanna buy it.

One thing I can say from what little I goofed around with last evening, that's a pretty game. I mean, the looks of the game are very professional. I only played one round on my first tournament, but I found it kind of interesting. It probably must get more interesting as your golfer develops and you can challenge for better than +1 or +2 rounds.

FM
Old 05-31-2007, 11:04 AM   #18
st.cronin
General Manager

That's a very quick development cycle, seems like. Is there a demo yet?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:40 AM   #19
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

download and install this thing:
http://www.wolverinestudios.com/down...PG2Install.EXE

It will install as a three day demo...

FM
Old 05-31-2007, 12:59 PM   #20
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
That's a very quick development cycle, seems like. Is there a demo yet?

Well there were a number of reasons it came together so quickly. For starters there was a very solid code base to work with. We did not redo the interface so many of the screens are the same as in TPG1. The biggest factor was that Shaun was helping develop the game. Its amazing how fast you can get things done when there's two people doing the coding. We were able to get so many new things in since we were just adding on to what was already a good and very stable game. Try the demo - I think you'll enjoy it.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:13 PM   #21
Atocep
Coordinator

Downloading the demo now. I liked the first one, just thought it was lacking in a few areas, but it looks like you've addressed all of my issues so I'll probably be buying after the demo runs out.

I love the fact that you can play through 18 holes in just a few minutes. I usually have to sit down with a sim for an hour or two to feel like I got anything out of it, this is a welcome change of pace.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:58 PM   #22
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I love the fact that you can play through 18 holes in just a few minutes. I usually have to sit down with a sim for an hour or two to feel like I got anything out of it, this is a welcome change of pace.

One thing that might go unnoticed is that during season mode if you go to play out your round you can jump to the scorecard from there and sim the round with the ability to jump in and take over which could make playing out rounds even faster during a season.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:13 PM   #23
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Gary, I got a run-time error '91' right after hitting "end round" at the end of the fourth round of my first tournament on the Jag tour.

message said Object variable or With block variable not set

Still only playing the demo...

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 05-31-2007 at 10:21 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:15 PM   #24
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

and I just got the same error going back to the tournament and simply trying to sim the days of round 3 and 4 (the rounds I had played before the crash). Right after it gives me my score for round 4, it goes boom...

FM
Old 05-31-2007, 10:49 PM   #25
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

I never was able to get past that tournament but have started a new career and it's going through now, again on the Jag tour, simply simming the days...

FM
Old 05-31-2007, 10:52 PM   #26
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
Gary, I got a run-time error '91' right after hitting "end round" at the end of the fourth round of my first tournament on the Jag tour.

message said Object variable or With block variable not set

Still only playing the demo...

FM

I got the same error in the same place with the demo. I even shot my first eagle on the last hole of that tournament, and went from excited to disappointed pretty quickly as the game crashed. LOL. Oh well, it was nice to break up my Pokemon addiction for a few hours. Already uninstalled, but Golf might not be my game, since the clicking was getting a little repetitive by the end of the tournament.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:57 AM   #27
Tim Tellean
High School JV

One question were you guys playing the course or simming the day when the error occured?
Also could you send the files to [email protected] so he can take a look. I played hundreds of rounds in testing simming or playing through and didn't hit an error so I'm curious to see what it is.

thanks
Old 06-01-2007, 07:02 AM   #28
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tellean View Post
One question were you guys playing the course or simming the day when the error occured?
Also could you send the files to [email protected] so he can take a look. I played hundreds of rounds in testing simming or playing through and didn't hit an error so I'm curious to see what it is.

thanks

it did it either way. At first, I had played the four rounds of that tournamount with single click, in sort of two runs of playing, i.e. rounds 1 & 2, saved the game then played rounds 3 & 4 and it crashed. After that, I tried simply simming rounds 3 & 4 and as soon as it tells me my score for my 4th round and goes to simming the rest of the field, it crashes.

I realized I should have brought the file with me this morning on my way to work, but I'll gladly email it to Gary once I get back home tonight.

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 06-01-2007 at 07:03 AM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:10 AM   #29
Tim Tellean
High School JV

Thanks I'm trying to recreate what happened on another computer.
Couple of questions which course were you playing and what roughly were your ability scores?

Last edited by Tim Tellean : 06-01-2007 at 07:12 AM.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:20 AM   #30
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Thanks I'm trying to recreate what happened on another computer.
Couple of questions which course were you playing and what roughly were your ability scores?

hrm, that's a tough one. I was playing on the Jag tour as a newly created average golfer. It's the second tournament on the default Jag tour, Howie something and I think it was on the Meadowland course.

Not much clue what my ability scores were. In fact, not too sure I'd know where to go to check them. I'm pretty new to the game as I never got to try out TPG1. To tell you, it took me a couple of playing session to realize why I didn't play the first tournament of the season. I had not realized until my coach entered me to play the second tournament that I needed to click the tournament logo on the weekly schedule.

FM
Old 06-01-2007, 11:18 AM   #31
FBPro
College Starter

Saddened only 1 license per purchase......
Old 06-01-2007, 11:19 AM   #32
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Two licenses per purchase actually.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:43 AM   #33
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
One question were you guys playing the course or simming the day when the error occured? Also could you send the files to [email protected] so he can take a look. I played hundreds of rounds in testing simming or playing through and didn't hit an error so I'm curious to see what it is.

thanks
Quote:
Thanks I'm trying to recreate what happened on another computer. Couple of questions which course were you playing and what roughly were your ability scores?

I was on the default JAG tour playing in the first tournament when it crashed. I was also using the one click method and playing every hole myself. MY golfer was created as a pro on the JAG tour with potential hidden and all current points allocated pretty evenly.

I don't have any files to send, since I had already uninstalled and deleted the directory. The only thing I could add was that after finishing the 4th round of the tournament the game showed those green bars like it does when it is simming the other golfers, then it went to the home page and crashed right about the same time (might have been before or slightly after) that I heard the audio state that a new email had arrived. And by crash, I mean popped up the reported error dialog box which when clicked on terminated the program.

Last edited by twothree : 06-01-2007 at 11:45 AM.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:54 AM   #34
Tim Tellean
High School JV

thanks we are checking this out.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:31 PM   #35
SackAttack
Head Coach

I'm having issues with the putting cam not going away after a missed putt (and no way to turn it off without starting the tri-click meter) and with shots not being counted. I was just given credit for an eagle on a Par 4 where I hit a drive and needed two putts to sink the ball.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:37 PM   #36
Tim Tellean
High School JV

which course? which hole? Haven't seen the issue with putting cam but we'll certainly look it over.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:39 PM   #37
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Two licenses per purchase actually.

Well, I tried to license it on my laptop last night and got an error message. I contacted elicense who wrote me an email stating that there is only ONE license per purchase.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:45 PM   #38
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
which course? which hole? Haven't seen the issue with putting cam but we'll certainly look it over.

The putting cam has been a constant issue whenever I have to putt a second time in a row (if somebody else putts in between my putts, it doesn't seem to happen).

As far as the other issue, I can confirm that the phantom eagles are happening, as it just happened again on the 12th hole. I'm playing Saint Johns Links right now.

My guess is one of two things is happening. Either 1) the drive isn't counting as a shot, or 2) on the putts, when it looks like it just lipped out, the game is registering it as a successful putt and essentially having me engage in a meaningless second putt, since it has already registered the results of the hole.

I'll watch the rest of the holes to see if the shot is rolling over from 1 to 2 after the drive.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:47 PM   #39
SackAttack
Head Coach

I think I see what's happening. It counted drive, loft, and first putt, but when the second putt went in, it closed out the hole before updating the shot count, as it gave me a birdie for a hole I parred.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:52 PM   #40
SackAttack
Head Coach

Also, like the putting cam, it seems to happen when I'm putting multiple times in succession. If my putt is such that somebody else now gets to putt before I take another whack at it, it records things properly.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:58 PM   #41
SackAttack
Head Coach

This is definitely what's happening, incidentally. If you putt multiple times in succession and finish the hole while doing so, the game records your score as though you nailed it on the first putt.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:05 PM   #42
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

ok want to quickly chime in here

Re the RTE 91 - the crash is happening when you play out the 2nd round of a tournament and there is a senior tour event (on either circuit) scheduled for that week as well. This should be fixed now and I will attempt to release a beta patch this evening with this fix.

On the elicense front it should be two licenses - I'm not sure as to why it is not and I have emailed the people at eLicense instructing them that it should be two so don't worry - it was designed to be two as usual and that was my instructions to them today.

As for the putting thing - that I'm trying to work out. It sounds like its actually one of the putts it is not counting. Can anyone give me some circumstances on this? Does it happen if you're playing a solo round or just when you are playing a season round with other golfers? Are you giving the putting cam a chance to close? There is a short delay when the putt is done. Do you have the "green view" active - this is the window that looks just like the putting cam but you have to click for it to popup?
Old 06-01-2007, 02:19 PM   #43
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
As for the putting thing - that I'm trying to work out. It sounds like its actually one of the putts it is not counting.

None of them are except the first one, actually. If I putt several times in succession, only the first putt registers. A three-putt after reaching the green in one on a par 3 should result in a bogey, but it's actually resulting in a birdie.

Quote:
Can anyone give me some circumstances on this? Does it happen if you're playing a solo round or just when you are playing a season round with other golfers?

I'll give it a shot on the solo round.

Quote:
Are you giving the putting cam a chance to close? There is a short delay when the putt is done. Do you have the "green view" active - this is the window that looks just like the putting cam but you have to click for it to popup?

Well, what's happening is that the tri-click is popping up underneath the putting cam. If it takes a minute for the putting cam to close, the tri-click really ought to be waiting until the putting cam is closed to pop up. If it IS waiting, then it's a draw issue with the screen not re-drawing to remove the putting cam.

And no, I haven't used the green view.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:23 PM   #44
SackAttack
Head Coach

Just had the RTE 91 happen to me while trying to sim the rest of the tournament so I could try a solo round.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:28 PM   #45
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Well, what's happening is that the tri-click is popping up underneath the putting cam. If it takes a minute for the putting cam to close, the tri-click really ought to be waiting until the putting cam is closed to pop up. If it IS waiting, then it's a draw issue with the screen not re-drawing to remove the putting cam.

ok but the tri-click bar should not popup until you've chosen one of the three options (safe,normal,aggressive) - so are you choosing this option with the putting cam still open then? Not that I'm telling people you shouldn't be able to click buttons when they become active but I'm just trying to figure out the dynamics of what is going on. The tri-click bar should not come up until you've clicked a shot option button. If the option buttons are becoming active while the putt cam is still up and are therefore available to click too soon I will alter that.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:31 PM   #46
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

one follow up - are you guys clicking on the actual tri click bar itself to move it or the shot buttons?
Old 06-01-2007, 02:33 PM   #47
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
ok but the tri-click bar should not popup until you've chosen one of the three options (safe,normal,aggressive) - so are you choosing this option with the putting cam still open then? Not that I'm telling people you shouldn't be able to click buttons when they become active but I'm just trying to figure out the dynamics of what is going on. The tri-click bar should not come up until you've clicked a shot option button. If the option buttons are becoming active while the putt cam is still up and are therefore available to click too soon I will alter that.

Nope. Not clicking any buttons. I putt, the cam stays up, the tri-click pops up underneath it.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:37 PM   #48
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
one follow up - are you guys clicking on the actual tri click bar itself to move it or the shot buttons?

If I understand the question properly, in my case, neither - simply clicking will activate the tri-click, which is part of my frustration. I've never had the opportunity to click 'safe' after a 'normal' putt, because clicking anything at all starts the tri-click bar moving.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:45 PM   #49
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
If I understand the question properly, in my case, neither - simply clicking will activate the tri-click, which is part of my frustration. I've never had the opportunity to click 'safe' after a 'normal' putt, because clicking anything at all starts the tri-click bar moving.

ok here's my question - when you go to take your first putt lets say you click the 'normal' button and the tri click bar comes up. Where on the screen do you do your three clicks for the tri-click? Are you essentially clicking the 'normal' button three more times or are you moving your mouse cursor up to the tri click bar area and doing the three clicks there?

I tried it clicking on the 'normal' button and when it was done putting my first putt then I saw the tri-click come up behind the putting cam and it let me putt again without counting it so I'm wondering is that the only way you can activate the "extra putts" or is there another way to do it as well.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:53 PM   #50
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

ok what I've gone ahead and done is disable those buttons after you click them initially - that way you cannot extra click on them and therefore make the game think your putt never started (which is what it seems to be doing). If anyone is able to make it do the extra putts by only clicking on the safe/normal/aggressive button once and then clicking elsewhere on the screen for the tri-click let me know.