-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:11 PM   #2
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

It's not too bad.

The harsh Chicago winter certainly didn't do me any favors but with the weather getting nicer, the traffic inside is increasing.

I've been there long enough where things are becoming routine now atleast and therefore comfortable. And now I try to sprinkle in a day off or two on occasion too.

So not so bad, thanks for asking.

Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:07 PM   #3
Flasch186
Coordinator

update?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:41 AM   #4
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Well things are a lot better than they were last time you asked, hah.

It's been about eight months now since I took over so I am no longer really the new guy in town so things have settled down. I won't lie, I was struggling at first, and it got to be really stressful.

I did not realize the town I was in was such a drunk town. I would say ~35% of my business is alcohol related (and that is just beer, I don't have a hard liqour license.) Keep in mind there is a liqour store in the same strip mall as I am in also! The summer especially helped because as time went by, I began to be more comfortable knowing what exactly will be selling and what is just sitting on the shelf.

I made a few small adjustments to try to bring in and maintain traffic (all coffee is .99, regardless of size) and my crew has been telling me that they are seeing new people. I figure it's ok to take a little hit on the coffee now if it means I get people used to my coffee, and then if need be, I can adjust the price to regular levels in the future.

I am not too much of a tea drinker myself, but one of these days you'll see an order coming in from me and I will see what I can do about spreading the word of "Mr. Brewmans" amongst my regulars atleast.

And again, I appreciate you asking.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Old 09-24-2008, 08:48 AM   #5
MikeVic
Head Coach

Good to hear!
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 06:42 PM   #6
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post

It's been about eight months now since I took over so I am no longer really the new guy in town so things have settled down. I won't lie, I was struggling at first, and it got to be really stressful.

I did not realize the town I was in was such a drunk town. I would say ~35% of my business is alcohol related (and that is just beer, I don't have a hard liqour license.) Keep in mind there is a liqour store in the same strip mall as I am in also! The summer especially helped because as time went by, I began to be more comfortable knowing what exactly will be selling and what is just sitting on the shelf.

I made a few small adjustments to try to bring in and maintain traffic (all coffee is .99, regardless of size) and my crew has been telling me that they are seeing new people. I figure it's ok to take a little hit on the coffee now if it means I get people used to my coffee, and then if need be, I can adjust the price to regular levels in the future.

I am not too much of a tea drinker myself, but one of these days you'll see an order coming in from me and I will see what I can do about spreading the word of "Mr. Brewmans" amongst my regulars atleast.

Where is it again. I've probably stopped in there without knowing. I want to say it was in the Naperville area?
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:38 PM   #7
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

I love hearing about people's businesses...so keep us updated!
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:57 PM   #8
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

It's actually in Warrenville, on Route 59. About a mile north of the 88 exit and a couple blocks north of Butterfield.

Stop by and grab a slurpee
Old 09-24-2008, 08:13 PM   #9
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post

Glad to hear things are going nicely for you
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:21 PM   #10
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Wow Neuqua i will have to stop by. I am sure i have driven by there a few times.
cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote