Old 02-22-2009, 08:20 PM   #2
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

huh?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:21 PM   #3
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

ohhh "in this thread" - but wtf is icarly?
Old 02-22-2009, 08:22 PM   #4
MJ4H
Coordinator

nice act
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:23 PM   #5
Atocep
Coordinator

My son (he's 7) watches it religiously and my wife is probably more hooked on watching it than he is.

I've probably watched 1-2 episodes from beginning to end because I've been in the room when he's watched it. So no secret obsession here.
Atocep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:24 PM   #6
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

You don't have a child 8-14 years old do you?

edit to add: As for me, no obsession about it. I've seen every episode probably twice but that's just by osmosis, just the same as I've seen every Drake & Josh at least 10 times, every SpongeBob probably 20 times, and more others than I care to try to name.

Cosgrove seems reasonably talented to me but I'm not sure how much range she'll end up having. Her turn as the kid sister on D&J was spot on though. Of the rest of the iCarly cast I think the brother is the right part away from having a break out as at least a supporting comedy actor for movies, the girl playing Sam is cute but I'm not sure if there's much else there, and I'm afraid Freddy is a kind of generic young teen male actor. I wonder though, how many people have recognized the principal without his more familiar makeup?

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 02-22-2009 at 08:28 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:27 PM   #7
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

lol nope. a child...lol.

one of those kid-shows hmm? *nods* my brother has thankfully grown out of all of that and is now more into watching sports
Old 02-22-2009, 08:29 PM   #8
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Is this one of those, ITT we get potential child molesters arrested threads?
Old 02-22-2009, 08:30 PM   #9
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I thought this was a thread about a new iPhone app.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:30 PM   #10
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Between Alizee and this, I'm really starting to wonder if MJ4H is forced to tell the autorities when he changes his place of residence.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:30 PM   #11
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Have you seen the movie Old School? The girl that is the "band manager", the goodie two-shoes. She is the star of iCarly. I have caught bits and pieces (my daughter is 15-months-old, so my time is coming, heh)
Old 02-22-2009, 08:33 PM   #12
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Incidentally, I thought the idea to release a Miranda Cosgrove single as free DLC for Rock Band 2 was a nifty piece of marketing. Say what you will about how lame the song is, there's a ton of equally lame songs that aren't getting nearly that much exposure.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:36 PM   #13
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Have you seen the movie Old School? The girl that is the "band manager", the goodie two-shoes. She is the star of iCarly. I have caught bits and pieces (my daughter is 15-months-old, so my time is coming, heh)

Old School or School of Rock?
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:40 PM   #14
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Between Alizee and this, I'm really starting to wonder if MJ4H is forced to tell the autorities when he changes his place of residence.

No, I do not have any obsession nor interest in iCarly. But someone on FOFC apparently does. We are simply waiting for them to show up here. They will.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:40 PM   #15
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:

pedotainment
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:12 PM   #16
boberot
High School Varsity

As the father of a 10-year-old girl, I know the show well.

This thread gives me the creeps.
boberot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:25 PM   #17
Izulde
Head Coach

It was a complete fluke, really.

My Chinese roommate happened to have it on and I sat down for the hell of it.

3 hours later, I'd watched 6 episodes.

For it being a kid's show, it has surprising intelligence and sophistication (unlike, say, Hannah Montana. True, there's the silliness and improbabilities that are staples of the genre, but overall, it has a wit to it that rather astonished me.

I find it interesting that there's the occasional hint of darkness and/or dialogue that could be interpreted on one level by kids, another level by adults.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:31 PM   #18
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
pedotainment
Old 02-22-2009, 09:36 PM   #19
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
It was a complete fluke, really.

My Chinese roommate happened to have it on and I sat down for the hell of it.

3 hours later, I'd watched 6 episodes.

For it being a kid's show, it has surprising intelligence and sophistication (unlike, say, Hannah Montana. True, there's the silliness and improbabilities that are staples of the genre, but overall, it has a wit to it that rather astonished me.

I find it interesting that there's the occasional hint of darkness and/or dialogue that could be interpreted on one level by kids, another level by adults.

OH HI
Old 02-22-2009, 09:38 PM   #20
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
OH HI

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:04 AM   #21
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
edit to add: As for me, no obsession about it. I've seen every episode probably twice but that's just by osmosis, just the same as I've seen every Drake & Josh at least 10 times, every SpongeBob probably 20 times, and more others than I care to try to name.

+1

Quote:
Cosgrove seems reasonably talented to me but I'm not sure how much range she'll end up having. Her turn as the kid sister on D&J was spot on though. Of the rest of the iCarly cast I think the brother is the right part away from having a break out as at least a supporting comedy actor for movies, the girl playing Sam is cute but I'm not sure if there's much else there, and I'm afraid Freddy is a kind of generic young teen male actor. I wonder though, how many people have recognized the principal without his more familiar makeup?

Very reasoned assessment. I disagree that Cosgrove has anything resembling "range", though. But totally agree about the older brother and a potential career there. He's one reason the show is bearable.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:44 AM   #22
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
ohhh "in this thread"

You could've given me 12 hours and unlimited Starbucks red-eyes and I still wouldn't have come up with that.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:44 AM   #23
Klinglerware
College Starter

So, I had to look up "ITT" on Urban Dictionary. It came up with two possibilities:

1. In This Thread
2. i'd tap that

So, which is it?
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:47 AM   #24
Kodos
Resident Alien

I thought he was saying IT folks were pedophiles. Or something.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:55 AM   #25
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I thought he was saying IT folks were pedophiles. Or something.

I like my women like I like my scotch. Aged 12 years.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:22 PM   #26
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
I disagree that Cosgrove has anything resembling "range", though.

Yeah, that's what I was saying. I'm not ready to call it definitely that she doesn't have any, since the material doesn't lend itself to that very much but I haven't seen enough to say that she does have any either.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:44 PM   #27
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I think she will transition well, but a lot will depend on her agent. If they pigeon hole her into roles like the Amanda Please chick she's done by 22. But if they go the Portman way she could be a major player
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:23 PM   #28
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Is this one of those, ITT we get potential child molesters arrested threads?

guffaw!

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:35 PM   #29
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Its not bad, but not a patch on the 'Wonder Years' or indeed 'That 70's show' ...

PS - My name is Marc and I am a spongebob addict .. please welcome me to the group
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:50 PM   #30
mckerney
Coordinator

So is this anything like Lazy Town?

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:10 PM   #31
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The Suite Life boys better be investing well cause I can't see a future where they will be working actors in their 20s
Old 02-23-2009, 09:27 PM   #32
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
So is this anything like Lazy Town?

I think it's more like this NSFW remix.

thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:31 PM   #33
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:

Gibby is the real star.

(And don't forget Principal Tuvok!)
Old 03-18-2010, 10:32 AM   #34
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Zoinks, pretty good for a 16 year old.

iCarly’s Miranda Cosgrove: iMake Seven Figures - TV Ratings, Nielsen Ratings, Television Show Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.com
THR reports that Miranda Cosgrove, start of Nickelodeon hit iCarly has signed a new deal with Nick that will pay her in the mid to low seven figures to complete the next 26 episodes of iCarly.

Those 26 episodes will take iCarly’s run to 96 episodes.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:51 AM   #35
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:

I have seen Freddy on a CSI episode, but other than iCarly, it's the only place I have noticed him.

I am waiting for the brother to pick up a movie / comedy series on another channel.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:58 AM   #36
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
I am waiting for the brother to pick up a movie / comedy series on another channel.

Had this discussion at dinner again the other night, I think he's a steady movie supporting actor waiting for a place to happen. I can't see him successfully carrying a TV show or a movie alone but I can completely see him as a guy who is a steady 2nd or 3rd banana on the big screen.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:08 AM   #37
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Had this discussion at dinner again the other night, I think he's a steady movie supporting actor waiting for a place to happen. I can't see him successfully carrying a TV show or a movie alone but I can completely see him as a guy who is a steady 2nd or 3rd banana on the big screen.

I agree. I'm really surprised he hasn't landed some solid roles outside of nickelodeon.
Atocep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:15 AM   #38
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
THR reports that Miranda Cosgrove, start of Nickelodeon hit iCarly has signed a new deal with Nick that will pay her in the mid to low seven figures to complete the next 26 episodes of iCarly.

$3 mil to $7 mil coming her way?

In that case, I have not problem admitting an obsession.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:14 PM   #39
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I wonder what drugs the kid who played Sam on "clarissa explains it all" is doing these days
Old 03-18-2010, 12:23 PM   #40
stevew
Hall Of Famer

And I definitely agree that the iCarly brother can have a very lucrative career as a 2nd fiddle type character in comedy/action stuff.

He could easily work as a main ensemble player on a nighttime comedy as well. I have strong doubts he could carry a show though.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:09 PM   #41
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I wonder what drugs the kid who played Sam on "clarissa explains it all" is doing these days

Sean O'Neal
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:44 PM   #42
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

I've three kids aged between 8 and 16, I get to watch ALL the shows pretty much (well they pass me by while I fiddle on my laptop in general) ...

Ones which impress me generally have that 'wonder years' appeal - like "That 70's show" which is genuinely funny imho or surprising depth like "The Last Airbender" (which is bloody amazing for a kids cartoon, I can see why they made it into a feature film) ... oh and that 'reality TV show' cartoon which they keep revamping is kinda stupidly addictive, not at the Sponge Bob secret addiction level (which imho most adults with kids have had at some stage) ... but good all the same.

Although to be honest I'm just very very very glad that the Teletubby stage has passed, I still remember walking through customs with a Tinky Winky in my suitcase speaking to everyone as I walked by

Disclaimer - I'm a games developer, I'm professionally immature as I constantly remind my wife and daughter

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 07-12-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:48 PM   #43
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
oh and that 'reality TV show' cartoon which they keep revamping is kinda stupidly addictive

Total Drama Island FTW
Total Drama Island - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I haven't seen them all but the ones I've seen are indeed very well done, waaaaay better than what I expected from the concept.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:37 PM   #44
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post

Seriously???
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:48 PM   #45
tarcone
Coordinator

You guys need to watch "Phineas and Ferb". This cartoon is awesome. 2 kids doing cool things during summer vacation. They build all sorts of cool things.
An example, they build a killer haunted house to scare the hiccups out of the neighbor girl. But its a super awesome haunted house. And then there is their pet, Perry the platypus. He is actually a secret agent.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:53 PM   #46
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
$3 mil to $7 mil coming her way?

In that case, I have not problem admitting an obsession.

But what if it's $76,543.21? That's still seven figures!
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:54 PM   #47
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
You guys need to watch "Phineas and Ferb".

Tried it, never really saw much in it that I liked. One of those that kind of fell flat with me, same as Code Name: Kids Next Door among others.

A couple of others that I thought were underrated though, not sure they've been mentioned or not, would be Kim Possible and Danny Phantom
Old 07-12-2010, 10:01 PM   #48
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I like my women like I like my scotch. Aged 12 years.

I read this in Sean Connery voice.
judicial clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:10 PM   #49
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Tried it, never really saw much in it that I liked. One of those that kind of fell flat with me, same as Code Name: Kids Next Door among others.

A couple of others that I thought were underrated though, not sure they've been mentioned or not, would be Kim Possible and Danny Phantom

I can't stand Kids Next Door. I find none of the characters likable in the least.

Love Phineas and Ferb though. While I like pretty much all of the characters, Doofenshmirtz steals the show.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:25 PM   #50
MikeVic
Head Coach

I like Penguins of Madagascar.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote