Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-13-2005, 08:50 AM   #1
Galaril
Pro Starter

OOTP 6 online league question

I got a OOTP 6question in my online league a team put this guy on waivers: "

"Minnesota has placed Don Sherrick on waivers - He's a four-star
pitcher - with a $24 million a year contract..."

I don't want to pay the guy 24 million is possible he would take less just to sign with some? Evidentlyor never just stay unemployed ?Outrleague is in the last 5 weeks of the season so this team is way out of contention ofr a playoff spot thus they dump this guy.

Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 08:55 AM   #2
miked
College Starter

Technically, since there's only a month left, you are responsible for about 5M of that deal...they are likely looking to make a deal, if he clears waivers he can be dealt anywhere for minor leaguers that don't have to clear.

Baseball contracts are guaranteed so I don't think you can re-negotiate.
miked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 09:01 AM   #3
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

If he's just on waivers he won't really be unemployed. It sounds like the team is just trying to trade him.

If they cut him, on the other hand, they eat the rest of his salary and he becomes a free agent who can sign anywhere for whatever he can get.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:12 AM   #4
tategter
High School JV

I'm SD over in the FLB where Minny waivered Sherrick. Bottom line is don't do it unless you desperately need the pitching. If you claim him you are responsible for the remainder of his contract. That means about 5M this season and 24M for the next 2-3 years (can't remember when his contract runs out). I think Minny's GM has decided that he can't trade him and can't cut him so he is trying to see if he can give him and his contract away to save money.

Best of luck.

BTW...Which team do you have?
tategter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 11:18 AM   #5
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Yep, they are just trying to unload $$$$$.

Read this: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ad.php?t=68558

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 11:21 AM   #6
Galaril
Pro Starter

Hey Thanks for the info .I am the GM at Yukon. I wasn't really interested in the guy I was just curious for future situation. I am pretty happy about how things are turning out this season as of late with my Yukon franchise. The past month of August we are 19-2 and had a 14 game winning streak. I am just gonna keeping riding this incredible luck we have had.Good Luck the rest of the season.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:37 AM   #7
tategter
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
Hey Thanks for the info .I am the GM at Yukon. I wasn't really interested in the guy I was just curious for future situation. I am pretty happy about how things are turning out this season as of late with my Yukon franchise. The past month of August we are 19-2 and had a 14 game winning streak. I am just gonna keeping riding this incredible luck we have had.Good Luck the rest of the season.

Ah yes, Yukon. Your franchise has gone through the owners over the history of the FLB, but it looks to be in good hands now. Best of luck holding-off Pittsburgh and Chicago for the remainder of the season.

BTW...We need all the luck we can get. We have a proud tradition of suckage in San Diego and don't see that changing any time soon. I've been on a quest to finish with more wins than losses for almost 10 seasons now and have never even come close.
tategter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 11:46 AM   #8
Galaril
Pro Starter

Yes , that that does sound like a tough job....10 years holy Fenway Franks Batman that is along time without even a taste of winning. I have to admire your dedication to your team sticking with them al these years. I am enjoying the FLB league even though the league forum/message board seems to be virtual dead as to owner discussions.I got a question maybe you could answer. I am living overseas now but will be relocating back to the US with my wife and daughter in 4 months .So I will be off my computers for a couple of weeks since I will be changing jobs as well. I am wondering if the COmmish will let me take ahiatus for a month or so and keep my team?

Dan G