Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-01-2003, 07:32 PM   #1
Blackadar
Retired

#@!$$# GamesPlanet & CM

I ordered CM on the 18th and it still hasn't shipped yet - anyone else having a problem with their shipment?

Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 07:39 PM   #2
rexalllsc
Banned

Yep. I ordered on the 11th and didn't ship yet...I cancelled and ordered through Gameplay.co.uk ($14 difference) and it was on it's way 12 hours later.
rexalllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 07:54 PM   #3
Ryan S
Quarterback

I got an email telling me it had shipped on Monday, but no game so far.

If it does not arrive tomorrow morning I might have to tell them where to stick their game

I will keep you updated....
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 08:56 PM   #4
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I cancelled my order, re-ordered from a place others recommended, and I'm still waiting for the order confirmation. Unfortunately, I can't find a way to cancel this one and go with Gogamer as someone mentioned.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 09:30 PM   #5
Celeval
Pro Starter

Also from gamesplanet - one thing I noticed is that if you try to reorder, it says "Out of Stock - restock on 4/2/2003". So if mine doesn't ship tomorrow, I'm going to cancel and tell them what to do with their order.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 03:28 AM   #6
Ryan S
Quarterback

My copy has still not arrived, but at least I am hearing about people recieving their copies today.

I guess it should arrive tomorrow. It better arrive tomorrow....
Old 04-02-2003, 03:48 AM   #7
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Did you get a notice of it being shipped? I read those same notices, too, but mine still says awaiting stock and shipped: not yet. There have been mention of people receiving email from gameplanet, but I haven't received any word from them. I did send them an email last night.

I pre-ordered way back on March 11. I hope I'll have some good news tomorrow.

Chief Rum

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 07:02 AM   #8
aquavit
n00b

I think I cancelled my gamesplanet order. I click on the X next to CM4 and it disappeared but there is still an order for 28 pounds with nothing in it!

I went with gogamer.com since that guy had such good luck. 2 day shipping means it should get here in time for the weekend!!!
aquavit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 08:54 AM   #9
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Well, of course...gogamer is based in Irvine, CA. Had I known there was a local carrier with the game, I wouldn't have bothered with gamesplanet int he first place. I even have used gogamer in the past--and would you get this?--to buy CM01/02! So why didn't I go there? Well, some people at the SI site had me convinced only UK-based software dealers would have the game. I didn't even look at gogamer. Basically, if I don't get any positive news from gamesplanet today, I'm cancelling, too and going with gogamer.

Chief Rum

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 04-02-2003, 10:10 AM   #10
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief Rum
Well, of course...gogamer is based in Irvine, CA. Had I known there was a local carrier with the game, I wouldn't have bothered with gamesplanet int he first place. I even have used gogamer in the past--and would you get this?--to buy CM01/02! So why didn't I go there? Well, some people at the SI site had me convinced only UK-based software dealers would have the game. I didn't even look at gogamer. Basically, if I don't get any positive news from gamesplanet today, I'm cancelling, too and going with gogamer.

Chief Rum

CR, i cancelled, and my order status is still listed as owing 28.94,e even though no game is listed as being ordered. I cancelled the WorldPay payment thing, so hopefully that should send them a message that I don't want it. That and my email to them saying I cancelled the order.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 10:19 AM   #11
JeeberD
General Manager

After hearing everyone elses grief, I'm just glad I'm not a soccer (or CM) addict...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 11:54 AM   #12
bbor
Pro Starter

Mine was supposedly shipped last Wednesday....and i just checked the mail...all i got today is a Visa bill

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 12:00 PM   #13
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

You guys actually pay money out of your pocket for a soccer game? What is this world coming to?

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 06:40 PM   #14
Blackadar
Retired

Fucking gameplanet still hasn't shipped. I canceled the order and I'm ordering from GoGamer. I wonder if I should use my new address - the apartment I'm moving into next week? I guess not until I change the billing address of the credit card.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 07:37 PM   #15
Ryan S
Quarterback

My order from Gamesplanet arrived on Thursday morning. It took 3 or 4 days to arrive, so it will probably take at least a week to reach the USA.
Old 04-04-2003, 08:04 PM   #16
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackadar
Fucking gameplanet still hasn't shipped. I canceled the order and I'm ordering from GoGamer. I wonder if I should use my new address - the apartment I'm moving into next week? I guess not until I change the billing address of the credit card.

Tough situation. I dont think it will be any problem if you ship to something other tahn your credit card address. My parents ordered me something and it shipped straight to my college with no problem.
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 08:25 PM   #17
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I cancelled mine on Wednesday with gameplanet, and did my business with gogamer.

Although you wanna hear something funny? gogamer is in Irvine, which is literally just a city over from me (in Costa Mesa). I don't have a car, so getting around isn't easy for me, otherwise I would have seen if gogamer had an outlet I could just go directly to and get the game.

Anyway, they use FedEx, and their standard service is FedEx 2-day (it's supposed to get to you in two days).

I did my order Wednesday just after gogamer processes its daily shipments (of course), so my package sat waiting at gogamer until Thursday afternoon. So it was officially shipped Thursday afternoon. I have been tracking it, of course. It went to Irvine's FedEx collection spot, then up to the LA sort center. Early this morning, it got sent back along almost the same exact route (but off of the freeway two or three exits closer), to the Costa Mesa FedEx center (where they load the trucks for local delivery). And that was at 7 a.m. local time this morning. So my package has been ready to throw into a delivery truck since this morning.

I had work all day and couldn't be at my place. Figuring I missed it, I went to the closest FedEx spot, figuring it would be there waiting for me. It turns out I had the wrong place (where I went was just a dropoff spot--whoda thunk they would have more than one FedEx office in the same city--and not that big of a city...), but the guy I talked to let me know what was going on.

And that was, despite the fact that the package was sitting close by, ready to be delivered, that it would not be delivered for another day, because this is FedEx 2-Day service! LMAO! Oops, this package got here too soon...

And the kicker? It's Friday--2Day service also doesn't deliver on weekends. So I won't get my CM4 until Monday (Thank God I'm off).

Chief Rum

Old 04-04-2003, 08:44 PM   #18
rexalllsc
Banned

I cancelled from GamesPlanet. I didn't mind the wait so much, as it is a $14 difference, buy the a-holes didn't return ANY of my emails when I asked for an update...so I cancelled and went with gameplay.
Old 04-04-2003, 09:01 PM   #19
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief Rum
I cancelled mine on Wednesday with gameplanet, and did my business with gogamer.

Although you wanna hear something funny? gogamer is in Irvine, which is literally just a city over from me (in Costa Mesa). I don't have a car, so getting around isn't easy for me, otherwise I would have seen if gogamer had an outlet I could just go directly to and get the game.

Anyway, they use FedEx, and their standard service is FedEx 2-day (it's supposed to get to you in two days).

I did my order Wednesday just after gogamer processes its daily shipments (of course), so my package sat waiting at gogamer until Thursday afternoon. So it was officially shipped Thursday afternoon. I have been tracking it, of course. It went to Irvine's FedEx collection spot, then up to the LA sort center. Early this morning, it got sent back along almost the same exact route (but off of the freeway two or three exits closer), to the Costa Mesa FedEx center (where they load the trucks for local delivery). And that was at 7 a.m. local time this morning. So my package has been ready to throw into a delivery truck since this morning.

I had work all day and couldn't be at my place. Figuring I missed it, I went to the closest FedEx spot, figuring it would be there waiting for me. It turns out I had the wrong place (where I went was just a dropoff spot--whoda thunk they would have more than one FedEx office in the same city--and not that big of a city...), but the guy I talked to let me know what was going on.

And that was, despite the fact that the package was sitting close by, ready to be delivered, that it would not be delivered for another day, because this is FedEx 2-Day service! LMAO! Oops, this package got here too soon...

And the kicker? It's Friday--2Day service also doesn't deliver on weekends. So I won't get my CM4 until Monday (Thank God I'm off).

Chief Rum

CR, I did the exact same thing, I wont get mine til Monday either.

Here's the kicker though, I was talking to my roommate, and he said my school doesn't receive Fed Ex packages. So what is going to happen to my order? Do they just send it back and I still get charged?

That, and my shipping address was too long, so I'm not sure if will even be sent to the right box if it is delivered. I emailed them about it, and I looked at the order ID, and it said at the very bottom the new shipping address I sent, I hope they got it in time.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 02:53 AM   #20
Celeval
Pro Starter

Much the same deal - cancelled with gamesplanet. Screw them.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 03:04 AM   #21
Vince
Pro Starter

I can do nothing but rave about GoGamer.com. Cancelled my overseas order, and at about 1 AM wednesday morning, ordered it via Fedex Overnight. This morning at about 11:30 the FedEx guy tried to deliver it, but I was in class. I picked it up at about 5:00 this afternoon from the local FedEx place. Plus, it was only like 50 bucks. Very, very impressive service.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 05:18 AM   #22
Ragone
Pro Rookie

You know.. funny thing about this is.. i used special Reserve.. which is based in London.. and it got the game to me in Missouri in 4 days from shipping..

I'll defintely order the next cm from them.. for that kinda service alone
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 07:42 AM   #23
aquavit
n00b

Got my order from gogamer.com on Friday. I don't know when I'm going to have the time to play CM4 and Galactic Civilizations but it's going to be fun when I do.
aquavit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 10:05 AM   #24
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Yep. I ordered from them too. When it hadn't shipped by the 2nd, I cancelled and ordered through Gameplay and it was on it's way the next day.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 12:28 AM   #25
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Angry I've about had it

OK, so I canceled my Gamesplanet CM4 order due to their well-documented ineptitude. I then placed an order with GoGamer.com late last Friday, thinking that by Monday I'd get an order confirmation and would be happily playing by this Thursday, at the latest. This was supposed to be a nice little reward for me defending my dissertation on Wednesday. Happy happy.

Then late this afternoon I get an email from GoGamer.com explaining that CM4 is now backordered. They should have some in by the end of the week.

This is slowly driving me crazy. Why does it have to be so damned hard to get a copy of this game?

Sorry, just had to vent a bit.

Carry on.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 12:45 AM   #26
sabotai
General Manager

I should be getting my CM4 (and Gal Civ) tomorrow. I decided to do overnight shipping, since I might not be home this weekend. (Need that extra day to play...)

But does FedEx ALWAYS take the package back if no one is home? I've have things fro the USPS and UPS left in the door and such. If they do always take it back, it's gonna suck cause I have no car right now.....
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 01:33 AM   #27
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Ouch, sorry to hear that, Fonzie.

sabotai, I was in a similar fix as you. I spoke with a FedEx guy last Friday, and he told me FedEx would leave it at your door, if you put up a note with your name and signed and dated it. I can't recall if he said to include a shipping number, so add it just in case.

I wish I could say that this worked, but I don't know--I was home when the package arrived. But that's what the guy said.

Also, chances are the location they keep the package is probably relatively close to you, even by public transportation. I think you can call them up and have them hold the package at pickup, if you want to arrange your own pickup.

Chief Rum

Old 04-08-2003, 04:18 AM   #28
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Apparently word got out, especially on here, that gogamer.com was the place to go. I placed my order with them over the weekend, and I guess the run on their stock was on! Good luck to the rest of you guys. I hope mine comes today, since I chose the "Overnight" method.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 04:23 AM   #29
astralhaze
College Prospect

Got mine today. What to do with it on the other hand....
Old 04-08-2003, 06:23 AM   #30
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Ordered from Special Reserve on Saturday. Now all I need to do is wait the 4-6 days......
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 09:03 AM   #31
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Should be getting mine (ordered from Yeees a week ago Saturday) in the next day or two.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 12:51 PM   #32
sabotai
General Manager

Well I came home today and there it was, the note on my door that he was here....

Damn it. Maybe I'll ask my brother to drive me there. My mom is babysitting today. (Both my bro and his wife work, so my mom takes care of the baby a few days a week)...

The place isn't far, about 10 miles away...but without a car it's just a pain in the ass.

I guess if he can't I'll just sign this thing and wait a day...
Old 04-08-2003, 02:43 PM   #33
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

So, sabotai, you didn't try what that FedEx counter guy suggested to me?

Sorry you missed your package.

Chief Rum

Old 04-08-2003, 03:30 PM   #34
sabotai
General Manager

I didn't see what you wrote until today
Old 04-08-2003, 04:40 PM   #35
rexalllsc
Banned

How does GamePlay ship? DHL? FedEx?