Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-11-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

$10 coupon from 2kGames (thru 1/31/09

Saw this mentioned elsewhere this morning, didn't remember seeing it mentioned here.

2K Coupon

Good for Civ Rev (all consoles), NBA 2k9 (all + PC), NHL 2k9 (all consoles), Civ IV: Colonization (PC), BioShock (PS3), Carnival Games (Wii & DS), Dora: Snow Princess (Wii & DS), Carnival Games Mini Gold (Wii).

Only at participating retailers though, but the list does included Wal-Mart & GameStop among others.
2K Coupon FAQ

JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:29 PM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the info. I got a gift card to Gamestop for my birthday and had been planning on picking up NBA 2k9 this week.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:11 PM   #3
Capital
High School Varsity

I picked up NBA2K9 for the PC and it works and looks great with a XBOX controller. After playing my second league game, I changed the substitutions to manual. Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to subs players without someone calling a timeout. If I press the escape or back on the controller to get to the menu, the "coaching" option is grayed.

Can anyone who has the game help? I can turn it back on to the computer but I would rather do it myself.
Capital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:15 PM   #4
tarcone
Coordinator

Too bad the coupon doesnt work for Civ:Revolution for the DS
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:18 AM   #5
Hammer755
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital View Post
I picked up NBA2K9 for the PC and it works and looks great with a XBOX controller. After playing my second league game, I changed the substitutions to manual. Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to subs players without someone calling a timeout. If I press the escape or back on the controller to get to the menu, the "coaching" option is grayed.

Can anyone who has the game help? I can turn it back on to the computer but I would rather do it myself.

I would assume that it's intentional. You can't make a sub in a real game unless there's a dead-ball (TO, foul, free throw, etc.)
Old 01-13-2009, 08:20 AM   #6
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure if the it is the same on the computer, but on the 360 you press Start to pause the game and make your subs there. They'll take effect during the next dead ball. There is also a way to sub them in during the action by pressing the D-Pad in some direction, but I don't recall that since I never used it.

Edit: Of course, you can always press the back button to call a TO to get your guys in sooner.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-13-2009 at 08:21 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:29 AM   #7
Butter
Coordinator

NBA 2k9 is just an amazing looking game. Sadly, the true control of the game requires you to memorize 347 button/stick combos. Once I get bored of NCAA Football 2009, I plan to try to memorize them.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:53 AM   #8
Capital
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer755 View Post
I would assume that it's intentional. You can't make a sub in a real game unless there's a dead-ball (TO, foul, free throw, etc.)

I understand that there needs to be a dead ball, but "coaching" was grayed out at a dead ball. That's when I was trying to make subs. The part that baffles me, was this option was active when subs was set to auto. It seems to me that it should be the other way around. I guess it could be a bug, but it also could be something else. The PC version is a 360 port and I'm using a 360 controller.

I did find the ability to change with a d-pad but that's tough to do with the game going on or the short time during a dead ball. Those changes do take place at the next dead ball. If I can't figure this out, then I was probably go back to auto, but not my first choice.

The game plays great and looks fabulous, but the interface fall very short.
Capital is offline   Reply With Quote