Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-03-2024, 03:43 AM   #1
Squirrel
Mascot

What do we think the Timing bar is for in FOF 8?

Haven't posted here in AGES so thought I'd put out a question for the FOF community.

FOF 8 question, not 9.

What does the Timing bar for QBs do / mean? Preference for statistical answers but any answers will do. I am struggling to isolate its effects and I don't know if I should want it for my QBs or not.

The FOF 8 'offensive philosophy' document says:

Quote:
Quarterbacks are rated for several skills unique to their position. First, they are rated for their ability to complete passes at various distances. Notice that with the exception of screen passes, these ratings don’t necessarily correspond to the pass distances associated with specific routes. That’s because each pass route requires a combination of slightly different skills.

Third Down Passing: Passes in situations where the defense knows there will be a pass attempt.

Accuracy: A quarterback’s ability to hit a receiver in stride, leading to longer gains.

Timing: A quarterback’s ability to take advantage of defensive player miscues, leading to more big plays.

Sense Rush: A quarterback’s ability to avoid sacks.

Read Defense: A quarterback’s ability to read a defense, leading to less throws into double coverage.

Two-Minute Offense: A quarterback’s ability to run the two-minute offense late in a half when getting the next play called and set up quickly is very important.

Scramble Frequency: How often a quarterback chooses to scramble when dropping back to pass.

Last edited by Squirrel : 05-03-2024 at 03:46 AM.
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 07:38 PM   #2
garion333
High School Varsity

I think it does what it says, but probably only has an identifiable effect if the bar is rather high.
garion333 is offline   Reply With Quote