Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-13-2011, 06:46 AM   #1
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Ted Williams(the homeless guy with a silky smooth radio voice)

Golden voice, blah blah homeless.

Now he's checking into rehab already.

I'm sure there are other people that get on the radar this quickly, but I struggle to see many that would flame out as fast has he possibly has.

Nearest thing I can compare him to is Susan Boyle(although she had no downside)

Last edited by stevew : 01-13-2011 at 11:29 AM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:52 AM   #2
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I'm not entirely sure he was clean and sober for 2 years as he originally claimed. I think this is is going to turn out to be more of an opportunity to get straight then take a guy who was already cleaned up and get him a job.

He was getting so much pub that Oprah was getting pissed, so she sent him to Dr. Phil and then off to rehab.

I wonder how soon he'll appear on Celebrity Rehab?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:58 AM   #3
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

And as soon as last June he was being loaded into cop cars and telling off business owners as he was taking piss near their front door.

Yeah, the story is nice and all. Just not realistic, he's got a long way to go. Doubt he'll ever get there. People looking to make money off him are just giving a needle to a junkie and not putting any thought into it. Cause you know, there's money to be made.

But that's just me.

Last edited by jeff061 : 01-13-2011 at 06:58 AM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:24 AM   #4
Logan
Head Coach

I was never able to get over how much he looked like the Burger King King.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:31 AM   #5
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Meh, he's got a lot of kids. So if he can manage to be even remotely functional, that'd be a good thing for them more than even for him. Yeah, they're milking him but...at least he's probably going to get better treatment than he'd have gotten sitting on the corner in Columbus a few weeks ago.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:31 AM   #6
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Was I the only one clicking on this thinking it was an update on Ted William's head in a jar?
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:34 AM   #7
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Was I the only one clicking on this thinking it was an update on Ted William's head in a jar?

Nope.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:35 AM   #8
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Meh, he's got a lot of kids. So if he can manage to be even remotely functional, that'd be a good thing for them more than even for him. Yeah, they're milking him but...at least he's probably going to get better treatment than he'd have gotten sitting on the corner in Columbus a few weeks ago.

Yeah, once he's lined his pockets and everyone abandons him because his 15 minutes is up... what then? Only people around him will be trying to get that money out of his pockets. I hope he gets better, but he is what he is at this point in life.

Would stand more of a chance if he really worked his way in rather than luck in like he did.

Last edited by jeff061 : 01-13-2011 at 10:42 AM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:40 AM   #9
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

No. I too thought it had to do with one of the best baseball players ever.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:05 AM   #10
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Yeah, once he's lined his pockets and everyone abandons him because his 15 minutes is up... what then? Only people around him will be trying to get that money out of his pockets. I hope he gets better, but he is what he is at this point in life.

Would stand more of a chance if he really worked his way in rather than luck in like he did.

Whatever state is getting child support from him will get it. It's not as if they're going to have a problem finding him.

But I get your point.

His daughter said he was drinking a bottle of Grey Goose a day when they were in LA, hence why the cops came for a brief while before he was released. Maybe he's past the point of salvage, but I'm not seeing a lot of harm in trying even if it does make for reality tv in the process in the off-chance it does some good.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:18 AM   #11
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

+3

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:27 PM   #12
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Seriously, who the hell is this guy? Was flipping through the channels and saw that Dr. Phil is doing an hour-long show about this guy's rehab. How long after this guy was discovered was he in rehab? Couldn't have been long.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:31 PM   #13
Ksyrup

Every time this thread is bumped I wince in anticipation/fear of what I'm about to read.

Dude went into rehab right after he filmed the Dr. Phil show, which was within 4-5 days of being "discovered" I think.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 01-20-2011, 03:37 PM   #14
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Every time this thread is bumped I wince in anticipation/fear of what I'm about to read.

Dude went into rehab right after he filmed the Dr. Phil show, which was within 4-5 days of being "discovered" I think.

So Dr. Phil 'discovered' this guy and then found a soap opera within this 'talent'?
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:39 PM   #15
molson
General Manager

I'm sure voiceover guys are a dime a dozen in the radio and tv industries. But, being a homeless drug addict seperates you from the pack, I guess.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:39 PM   #16
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
So Dr. Phil 'discovered' this guy and then found a soap opera within this 'talent'?

He was discovered by a TV producer on the side of the road somewhere near Cleveland. Youtube did the rest.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:43 PM   #17
Ksyrup

Yeah, Dr. Phil was probably 8th in line to get at the guy.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:00 PM   #18
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post

No, he was discovered before Dr. Phil came along. Dr. Phil got the guy "reconnected" to his children. Within 24 hours of Dr. Phil's good work, he was in rehab.

Dr. Phil had nothing to do with the guy getting discovered. I think he had a lot to do with his current rehab stint.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:39 PM   #19
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
He was discovered by a TV producer on the side of the road somewhere near Cleveland. Youtube did the rest.

It was in Columbus by a reporter for the Columbus Dispatch.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:14 PM   #20
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The Dispatch took their video off youtube for some reason a while ago.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 01-20-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote