Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
ColtCrazy
College Starter

NFL Week 15 Thread

Cutler to start for the Bears. Interesting after McCown's performance last week.

On a side note, I'm in the semifinals in fantasy. McCown saved me last week. Now, he's cut so I could get Cutler. Do I start Cutler or Kaepernick? Ugh. My prospects for the finals have been greatly diminished.

ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:39 PM   #2
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

That is an interest call by the Bears. McCown has really been great. That said, assuming Cutler's healthy, I think either of them is sufficient to beat the Browns this week.

The Lions have the Ravens at home on Monday night. Last time the Lions hosted a Monday night game it was pretty good. Not too sure about this year. That crazy win against the Vikings likely breathed some new life into the Ravens.

The Lions continue to bumble around like the Lions do. A frustrating team if there ever was one. They are capable of losing to anyone at any time. I fear it's a combination of coaching and Stafford. I really like Stafford. A lot. I want him to be great, but I fear he's just too inaccurate and too inconsistent to be relied upon. He's vary careless with the ball. Fumbles and interceptions galore. He misses wide open receivers too often. The Lions offense runs incredibly hot and cold. They will dominate for a quarter or a half and then go completely dormant. I fear a lot of that is due to Stafford. He hasn't consistently shown the ability to make the players around him better. I do think Calvin Johnson makes him seem better than he is.

In the fourth quarter of the Lions last three losses - games in which they led going into the fourth quarter - Stafford was a whopping 6-for-31 in pass attempts. He has the 29th "best" completion percentage in the NFL and 14 interceptions.

If the Lions don't win the division this year, a division that's been gift wrapped for them with all of the injuries to the Bears and Packers and the Vikings being very down this year, Schwartz needs to go.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Cutler to start for the Bears. Interesting after McCown's performance last week.

On a side note, I'm in the semifinals in fantasy. McCown saved me last week. Now, he's cut so I could get Cutler. Do I start Cutler or Kaepernick? Ugh. My prospects for the finals have been greatly diminished.

You will want to check on the Cleveland weather(60 percent chance of snowstorms at the moment) but still Id strongly consider Kaep either way.

I also wouldnt want to mess around with Cutler having a bad start and worrying about McCown coming in.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #4
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
That is an interest call by the Bears. McCown has really been great. That said, assuming Cutler's healthy, I think either of them is sufficient to beat the Browns this week.

One of them things where he has to commit to McCown for the rest of the season/playoffs or let Cutler go now and hopefully shake his rust in prep for the playoffs. Probably looked at it from the angle that Cutler gives us the best chance in the playoffs.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #5
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Our company got a field level suite to take a few of our customers to for the Cowboys-Packers game on Sunday afternoon. I picked up one of the Graterheads to wear. Since the suite is behind the Packers' bench, I hope to get some TV time
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #6
Thomkal
Head Coach

McCown actually set a record for the Bears-third consecutive 300+ yards passing game-hard to believe no one else has done that in Bears history.

I don't think anyone inside or outside the Bears organization thought a 34 year old McCown would be as good as he has been-maybe one game, but this many? It will be interesting to see what happens if/when Cutler struggles or isn't fully recovered from his injury though.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #7
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I'm in a similar boat but I don't have the luxury of Kaep. I had Aaron Rodgers and was thankfully able to pick up McCown (and have since added Cutler). With that said though, I don't have much confidence in Cutler's health and fear him being yanked for McCown.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #8
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
I'm in a similar boat but I don't have the luxury of Kaep. I had Aaron Rodgers and was thankfully able to pick up McCown (and have since added Cutler). With that said though, I don't have much confidence in Cutler's health and fear him being yanked for McCown.

Same concern I have. Even if Kaep's production isn't McCown, I'd rather have a entire game of him I think than a possible 1/2 game of either Bear QB. I'm a 20 point favorite…for whatever that's worth in fantasy.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #9
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Dola - Colts will honor Eric Dickerson and Marshall Faulk during the game this Sunday. Putting them both in the Ring of Honor. I agree with Dickerson, but not so much on Faulk. Best years were after us and the year we went to the AFC Championship was the year he missed the playoffs.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:44 PM   #10
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
McCown actually set a record for the Bears-third consecutive 300+ yards passing game-hard to believe no one else has done that in Bears history.

I don't think anyone inside or outside the Bears organization thought a 34 year old McCown would be as good as he has been-maybe one game, but this many? It will be interesting to see what happens if/when Cutler struggles or isn't fully recovered from his injury though.

A point I saw made years ago (by TMQ?) that has stuck with me and seems applicable - whenever a QB takes over, it takes a few games for the other teams to get game tape and adjust. For a few games, nearly anyone can look really good. The QBs with staying power learn to read defenses and make adjustments, but anyone who can throw a decent ball can be schemed to look good until the other teams get a read on them.

The Bears might be pulling McCown at just the right time.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #11
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Dola - Colts will honor Eric Dickerson and Marshall Faulk during the game this Sunday. Putting them both in the Ring of Honor. I agree with Dickerson, but not so much on Faulk. Best years were after us and the year we went to the AFC Championship was the year he missed the playoffs.

But weren't Dickerson's best years before he joined the Colts? He only had two really good years there. Seems odd that either would be going into the Colts Ring of Honor.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #12
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Yeah, I'd say Faulk had a better Colts career than Dickerson did.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #13
ColtCrazy
College Starter

True…and both had their glory years as Rams interestingly enough…but Dickerson did play on a division championship team and lead the league in rushing once. I don't think Faulk was ever in the top 5 while in Indy. His best season was probably his last in 1998 but that was on a 3 win team.

Frankly, someone like Tarik Glenn or Ray Donaldson are more worthy, but offensive linemen aren't sexy.

Last edited by ColtCrazy : 12-12-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #14
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I almost wonder if the Bears let Cutler go and grab a QB in the draft while they let McCown handle the early action til the young guy is ready. I know they need defense too, but if a good QB falls in a deep class and you can't get Cutler back..

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #15
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I have a feeling that's bouncing around Emery's head right now. If Cutler doesn't provide a hometown discount, it makes sense.

Actually, I'm hoping they won't hesitate to snap up a QB in high rounds if one they like is available, even if they DO resign Cutler.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #16
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

You'd think Cutler would want to stay.. Seems like he likes being wherever Brandon Marshall is and vice versa. Now you have a second Brandon Marshall in Alshon Jeffery.. If I were Cutler I would be begging them to keep me.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #17
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

When healthy, Cutler's arm is simply genius. With Trestman, Marshall and Jeffery, they could take over the world if they're on the same page. I think they want to see if the magic's there before committing to a new contract.

Do we have our first modern tanking in Washington? A subtle plan involving a little show-bickering between Shanahan and Snyder so it doesn't seem too obvious? High picks have more value under the more reasonable contract terms set by the new CBA.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #18
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post

Do we have our first modern tanking in Washington? A subtle plan involving a little show-bickering between Shanahan and Snyder so it doesn't seem too obvious? High picks have more value under the more reasonable contract terms set by the new CBA.

But why would you tank for a pick that St. Louis owns?
Old 12-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #19
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Do the skins even have a first round pick to tank for? I cant remember every detail of the RG3 trade but I am thinking they dont even have a first.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:05 PM   #20
Dutch
"Dutch"

Yup, the Rams have it and are currently sitting at the #2 overall pick with it.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #21
cuervo72
Head Coach

The situation in Washington is no show-bickering. Odds have to be 100-1 that Shanahan comes back; the only reason he's still there is because he doesn't want to give up $7M due on his contract, and Snyder doesn't want to pay it.

Had this conversation with Morg and others earlier - while sitting RGIII can be taken as a poke in the eye to Snyder (what better way to get fired than to bench the franchise QB and owner's pet?), it may actually make sense for the Redskins. At this point, RGIII is a mess. Going by Chris Cooley's observations - while he has a ways to go as a radio guy, I think he has a good handle on film and the football side of things - RGIII isn't making reads, is only looking at one side of the field, is jittery in the pocket, isn't accurate. And as he says:

Quote:
“At this point, my belief is that he may not be getting better; he may be developing worse habits that would stay with him for a longer period of time. When Shanahan talked about keeping him healthy, I don’t hate the idea of him coming out to stay healthy. Because he goes from his first read to looking around the offensive line to see if he needs to run. He doesn’t have faith to sit in that pocket and go from one side of the field to the other. His eyes go from first read to am I getting sacked almost simultaneously. And he’s stepping up and making moves to run in the pocket when he goes off read number 1.”

I tend to agree with him - this season is lost, and the organization right now is a Grade-A shitshow. No real reason to risk either injury or messing him up even more than he is (some have made comparisons to Patrick Ramsay, who showed promise but behind a horrid line basically became shell-shocked beyond repair). Regroup under a new coach who can work with him (that won't happen with the Shanahans) and start fresh.

This also gives WAS the opportunity to increase Cousins' value. He's playing Atlanta, a horrid defense with Dallas, and a Giants team where you don't know what you'll get. If he does well, it's his ticket out of there.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #22
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
When healthy, Cutler's arm is simply genius. With Trestman, Marshall and Jeffery, they could take over the world if they're on the same page. I think they want to see if the magic's there before committing to a new contract.

Sadly, I remember the same thing said about Jeff George and some of the talent he had in Atlanta after leaving the Colts. Cutler needs to understand that he could end up being the modern day Jeff George unless he figures a few things out.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #23
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Do the skins even have a first round pick to tank for? I cant remember every detail of the RG3 trade but I am thinking they dont even have a first.

I guess it's real, then. Snyder is truly a fan's dream, isn't he?
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:02 PM   #24
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
The Lions have the Ravens at home on Monday night. Last time the Lions hosted a Monday night game it was pretty good. Not too sure about this year. That crazy win against the Vikings likely breathed some new life into the Ravens.

The Lions continue to bumble around like the Lions do. A frustrating team if there ever was one. They are capable of losing to anyone at any time. I fear it's a combination of coaching and Stafford. I really like Stafford. A lot. I want him to be great, but I fear he's just too inaccurate and too inconsistent to be relied upon. He's vary careless with the ball. Fumbles and interceptions galore. He misses wide open receivers too often. The Lions offense runs incredibly hot and cold. They will dominate for a quarter or a half and then go completely dormant. I fear a lot of that is due to Stafford. He hasn't consistently shown the ability to make the players around him better. I do think Calvin Johnson makes him seem better than he is.

In the fourth quarter of the Lions last three losses - games in which they led going into the fourth quarter - Stafford was a whopping 6-for-31 in pass attempts. He has the 29th "best" completion percentage in the NFL and 14 interceptions.

If the Lions don't win the division this year, a division that's been gift wrapped for them with all of the injuries to the Bears and Packers and the Vikings being very down this year, Schwartz needs to go.

Get out of my head.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #25
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Denver D half-assing it out there tonight.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:29 PM   #26
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

The problem is he still needs to go and if they do win the division, good luck getting him gone. The Fords have trouble firing people who don't make the playoffs. They have a coach who could get them to the playoffs twice in three years. Hell, that hasn't happened since the days of Fontes.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #27
Desnudo
Coordinator

I was not expecting that. I still think Denver will be fine though. I don't see the Patriots beating both the Dolphins and the Ravens. They very easily could lose both games.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:55 PM   #28
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Sweeping both games against KC has proven crucial for Denver. If they had lost just one - they'd be slipping from a first round BYE to the wild card.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:09 AM   #29
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I do think the NFL needs to change it so that teams who play Thursday, including Thanksgiving, have a bye the week before. The short week is really absurd.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:41 AM   #30
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:

I feel the exact opposite.

Dickerson and Faulk both played for 5 seasons as Colts and both are HoFers.

Dickerson came to the Colts in that huge trade in which the Colts gave up a 5 time Pro Bowl LB (Cornelius Bennett), a #1 and 2 #2s. Lucky for the Colts that the Rams didn't draft worth a shit with those picks. For example, in 1988 the Rams selected WR Aaron Cox, who caught 102 passes in his career. In the next 20 picks, there were 2 HOFers selected (Thurman Thomas and Dermontti Dawson) plus good pros like Ironhead Heyward, Eric Allen, Lorenzo White, Chris Spielman, Jumbo Elliott and Ken Norton.

Dickerson wasn't bad, gaining about 5,100 yards rushing (3 1,000 yard seasons). But then he bad mouthed the team after two shitty seasons and forced his way out. Indy made the playoffs only in his first year and was on their way to posting that 1-15 season his last year there.

----

Faulk on the other hand was drafted by the Colts. He rushed for 1,000 yards 4 out of his 5 seasons and out-rushed Dickerson overall. Because he was a better pass-catcher, he out-gained Dickerson by almost 2000 yards in those 5 seasons. Faulk didn't force his way out - he wanted to renegotiate his contract because he was out-performing it. Polian thought he was washed up, didn't want to pay him that kind of money and moved him for a 2nd and a 5th. As for the team, they were in transition. Manning was a rookie QB during Faulk's last year - the Colts went 3-13 that year but 13-3 the following year. They made the playoffs twice during Faulk's time (versus once for Dickerson), but neither team had a great year with either player.

In short, Faulk had the better Colts career, it didn't cost the Colts as much to get him, exited the team under better circumstances and the Colts got more for him once he did leave.

Last edited by Blackadar : 12-13-2013 at 07:42 AM.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:30 AM   #31
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
I do think the NFL needs to change it so that teams who play Thursday, including Thanksgiving, have a bye the week before. The short week is really absurd.

Yes I never understood why this wasn't done. Seems like a no brainer. Same with teams going to England to play.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #32
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post
I was not expecting that. I still think Denver will be fine though. I don't see the Patriots beating both the Dolphins and the Ravens. They very easily could lose both games.

Don't count out the Bengals. I know they hold the tiebreaker over the Pats and I think I saw somewhere that if they won out they hold the three team tiebreaker over both.

It takes the Broncos losing another one but the Bengals remaining schedule is @Pitt, Minn, Balt. Certainly winnable. Of course also in typical Bengal fashion certainly could go 0-3 and end up out of the playoffs.

Denver's remaining schedule is @HOU, @OAK. Not looking like a loss but those division games against the Raiders aren't always gimmies.

NE's remianing scheudule is @MIA, @BALT, BUF.

Last edited by panerd : 12-13-2013 at 08:34 AM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:55 AM   #33
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

But if the Bengals lose at Pitt and the Ravens win at Det this Sunday the week 17 Bengals/Ravens game could very well be for the division. It would take a Ravens win against NE, but the Bengals could easily be the 2 seed or the 6 seed.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:56 AM   #34
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Yes I never understood why this wasn't done. Seems like a no brainer. Same with teams going to England to play.

They should get the bye week on the back-side of a Euro trip. The idea being that they would both be equally dazed going over and then get an extra week to re-equalize with the team they are getting ready to play that probably has been chillin' at home for a week or two.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #35
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
They should get the bye week on the back-side of a Euro trip. The idea being that they would both be equally dazed going over and then get an extra week to re-equalize with the team they are getting ready to play that probably has been chillin' at home for a week or two.

My understanding is that the schedules for teams that play in London are set up so that they get their bye week immediately after the overseas game.
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #36
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
But if the Bengals lose at Pitt and the Ravens win at Det this Sunday the week 17 Bengals/Ravens game could very well be for the division. It would take a Ravens win against NE, but the Bengals could easily be the 2 seed or the 6 seed.

Fully expecting a loss this week, they have looked so bleh on the road this year. Only game they really weren't close in was @ Cleveland, looked not good @ Baltimore, but the 2 others they probably should've won. Led Chicago by 11 late in the 3rd quarter. Miami kicks late tying FG and wins on a safety in OT.

Luckily, this is the last road game of the year. They need to get that #3 spot to avoid the Chiefs in Round 1. Really would prefer to face the Dolphins, because that would give them something to prove. One good way to assure that is to beat Baltimore in that final week.

Last edited by Butter : 12-13-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #37
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Here's a story from Nate Jackson detailing his various injuries and how he tried to recover from them during his NFL career.

My Injury File: How I Shot, Smoked, And Screwed My Way Through The NFL
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #38
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinD View Post
My understanding is that the schedules for teams that play in London are set up so that they get their bye week immediately after the overseas game.

Fair enough, that just makes the most sense, so I naturally assumed Roger Godell didn't think of this.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #39
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
My wife (huge broncos fan) firmly believes a major reason for the loss was that Peyton couldn't properly prepare. His normal schedule is to have Monday off, practice Tuesday, no throwing Wed and then heavy practice days of Thurs and Fri. With the Thursday game, his whole schedule was out of whack.

I feel that San Diego needed the game Denver had a "game in hand" on KC and played that way. I do think these Thursday games are a bit silly. There's been some wacky results and I just don't see teams being ready on 3 days rest.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #40
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
My wife (huge broncos fan) firmly believes a major reason for the loss was that Peyton couldn't properly prepare. His normal schedule is to have Monday off, practice Tuesday, no throwing Wed and then heavy practice days of Thurs and Fri. With the Thursday game, his whole schedule was out of whack.

I feel that San Diego needed the game Denver had a "game in hand" on KC and played that way. I do think these Thursday games are a bit silly. There's been some wacky results and I just don't see teams being ready on 3 days rest.

He had just as much time to prepare as everyone else.

Also, he played the Lions on Thanksgiving back in 2004. That was a Thursday game and he managed to go 23/28 for 236 yards and 6 touchdowns. I think he can overcome a short week and can overcome his schedule being out of whack.

Then again, the Lions.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 12-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #41
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post

Teams that play with that train of thought often put themselves in a worse position in a hurry. No room for error now.

I'm assuming the Broncos suck now.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:08 PM   #42
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Teams that play with that train of thought often put themselves in a worse position in a hurry. No room for error now.

I'm assuming the Broncos suck now.

Yup they suck and yup they're still better than the Chiefs.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #43
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
Yup they suck and yup they're still better than the Chiefs.

They're less suck by virtue of head to head tiebreaker.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:29 PM   #44
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Aaron Rodgers is out again this week. All right, Dallas Cowboys. You failed me last week. Do not fail me again.

And, uh, go Browns!!!
Old 12-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #45
Thomkal
Head Coach

In kind of a tough situation with my beloved Cards-likely the only way they make the playoffs is if they somehow end up tied with or better than the Panthers. Panthers are my "local" team that I've watched from Day 1. This means I have to root for the Jets to beat them today. Jets are my twin brother's favorite team that I love to root against. Can't do that today I guess.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #46
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Quote:
When healthy, Cutler's arm is simply genius.
16 million dollar arm; 10 cent head. There's no more projecting left with him, is there? He's 30, not 24. What you see is what you get. And now, perhaps, he's even injury-prone. I'm in agreement with those who see the need to draft a QB. Some team is going to want Cutler and the last thing the Bears need is a bidding war for a guy who hasn't performed well over his career. This is his last payday; Emery should play it smart and let him go. There are way too many holes in this team on defense. They don't need to tie up big money in a QB on an average-at-best team. I would also float the idea that they trade Marshall for a D lineman, as I am imagining the worst from him if Cutler isn't there.
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #47
kingfc22
Head Coach

Hope the Niners don't fall into the trap game this week.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #48
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Cutler throws a pick in the end zone. Welcome back.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #49
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Aaron Rodgers is out again this week. All right, Dallas Cowboys. You failed me last week. Do not fail me again.

And, uh, go Browns!!!

Mr. December should take care of business for you.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #50
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Cruz is a bitch who is half assing it out there with nothing to play for. Alligator arms on what should have been a first down then makes no effort on a 50/50 ball that the DB wanted more and picks off.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote