i thought he WAS the chicken nugget in the microwave

Orange chicken
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 08:05 AM   #504
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Don't know anything about this guy except he is black-not sure otherwise why the judge thinks he's a flight risk and likely to commit more felonies, and the others weren't
The rest of the story on this guy:
Quote:
According to an affidavit in that case, Floyd attacked a pair of FBI special agents who served him with a federal grand jury subpoena at his Maryland home for special counsel Jack Smith's election probe.
The affidavit says Floyd body slammed one of the agents as they were leaving and repeatedly bumped him while yelling expletives at him. He was charged with assaulting a federal officer.

"I do find that based on the open charge against you there are grounds for bond to be denied at this point,” Richardson said. “So I’m going to go ahead and find that you are at risk to commit additional felonies and a potential risk to flee the jurisdiction.”
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 10:06 AM   #505
Thomkal
Head Coach

well guess that would explain it then
Old 08-27-2023, 10:11 AM   #506
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Orange chicken

General Sow
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 11:30 AM   #507
GrantDawg

January 6th trial date set for March 4. 2024. That is going to clash with the NY finances trial.
Old 08-28-2023, 11:35 AM   #508
Edward64
Head Coach

Jan 6 > NY finances
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 12:14 PM   #509
Galaril
Pro Starter

Trumps lawyers had counted with a trial date of April 2026. LOL.

Last edited by Galaril : 08-28-2023 at 12:14 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 12:22 PM   #510
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Jan 6 > NY finances
I'm pretty sure Federal has first dibs. Trump's lawyers made it clear they are going to drop many different motions. My guess is there will be bi-weekly hearings leading up to the actual trial unless they are going to try to motion dump as late as possible to hope to derail the trial date.
Old 08-28-2023, 04:54 PM   #511
GrantDawg

Mark Meadows must really feel he has a shot at winning this move to the Federal Court. He took the stand for three hours this morning, and was going back for more this afternoon. He admitted to basically the whole case under oath, but is saying he should be immune from prosecution since he was doing it under orders directly from the President. He is shooting any real defense in the foot if he doesn't get it moved and then have the charges dismissed.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2023, 06:06 PM   #512
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
6'3 215. And if you pull the other one, it plays jingle bells.

According to public records, both of these people are 6'3" and 215 lbs:

flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 06:25 PM   #513
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Well yeah, Trump is just Fat Thor.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 02:28 PM   #514
GrantDawg

The judge in the Mark Meadows removal to Federal Court has asked for an additional briefing on one question "If only one charged overt acts were found under the cover of Meadow's office, would that justify federal removal?". The general consensus is that means the judge is leaning toward removal, and then could possibly lead the way for all the qualified defendants to get removed as well. The only caveat being the DA could just drop the one charge hanging the fight for removal up if given the opportunity.
Old 08-29-2023, 04:09 PM   #515
GrantDawg

Good article from an Atlanta attorney. He feels the Fulton DA probably overcharged.
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/29/o...smid=url-share
Old 08-30-2023, 05:39 AM   #516
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
There is only one of the 18 defendant that did not recieve bond and is sitting in the Fulton jail right now till Arraignment. Can you guess which one? If you said the only black defendant, you would be correct.

Behind a paywall so no details but guy was (finally) granted bond.

On other news, congrats to Trump for not violating his bail (so far).

EDIT: from BBC

Quote:
He later retained a lawyer, who helped to negotiate the $100,000 (£79,000) bond. It is unclear when he will be released.

An online fundraiser helping to pay for his lawyer, Chris Kachouroff, has so far raised over $270,000.

Last edited by Edward64 : 08-30-2023 at 06:06 AM.
Old 08-30-2023, 12:01 PM   #517
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Giuliani gets a turbo-default judgement against him for defamation of the two election workers (for failing to preserve and turn over required documentation)

The default judgement means all a jury will decide is not whether he's guilty, but how much he should pay for being guilty.

The turbo part means the judge is going to basically tell the jury "This guy is likely hiding assets to depress his net worth to appear poor to lower the judgement against him" as part of the deliberations (unless he gives a full and accurate picture of his assets.

Rudy Giuliani is liable for defaming Georgia election workers, judge rules - POLITICO
Old 08-30-2023, 12:22 PM   #518
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Because it was a default judgment, they can spin it as out of control anti-Trump judges.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 12:44 PM   #519
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Because it was a default judgment, they can spin it as out of control anti-Trump judges.

They will do that no matter what.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 01:20 PM   #520
GrantDawg

Good article on how Judge Cannon is trying to sabotage the Document case.

Copy link

Last edited by GrantDawg : 08-31-2023 at 01:23 PM.
Old 08-31-2023, 03:23 PM   #521
GrantDawg

In the "broken clock is right twice a day" category, Governor Kemp is making it clear he is not going to allow Fani Willis to be removed by the state legislature. This is after the state Senate leader has also made clear he is not willing to go along with attempts to remove her.
Old 08-31-2023, 03:30 PM   #522
Edward64
Head Coach

Nice.

I wonder how much, if any, pressure he is getting from non-Trump GOP.
Old 08-31-2023, 04:24 PM   #523
Edward64
Head Coach

I wonder if daytime soaps are worried. Probably going to be like C-Span other than for a couple key days.

Quote:
Fulton County Judge Scott McAfee said Thursday that all court proceedings related to former President Donald Trump will be live streamed and televised.

McAfee also said that members of the press will be allowed to use their computers and cellphones for nonrecording purposes inside the courtroom. The court will not host a television or pool.
Old 08-31-2023, 05:12 PM   #524
GrantDawg

Most of Fulton County Court is streamed on YouTube already. If you ever have some time to kill, watch Judge Alex Manning. It is worth it.

Old 08-31-2023, 05:19 PM   #525
GrantDawg

Dola: She has been in the military, a firefighter, and a police officer. She is like a book character.

Old 09-06-2023, 02:10 PM   #526
GrantDawg

There hearing on the severing of Cheseboro and Powell from the other 17 defendants in te Fulton County case happened this afternoon. It sounds lke the judge is leaning toward severing since it sounds very unlikely all 19 defendants would be ready for trial by October. The Fulton DA said they expect the trial to last 4 months (!) not including jury selection.

edit: I'm wrong. The hearing today was on the severing of those two from each other, and was denied. He hears the case for severing the rest tommorow, but it still stands he sounded like he would.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 09-06-2023 at 02:26 PM.
Old 09-06-2023, 02:20 PM   #527
GrantDawg

Dola: I will add I am beginning to think it is possible the RICO statute in Georgia might get thrown out either before or after these trials. The state DA is using the same law to charge 61 people for RICO in the "Stop Cop City" case. Some of the charges that he used to wrap people up in this case are as minor as trespassing. At least one of those was not even a protester but an observer from the Southern Poverty Law group. It almost feels this over-charging is not just part of the complete bonkers overreaction from police over these protest, but also a backdoor way to discredit the Trump case. The rumor is he used the same grand jury that the Fulton DA did in the Trump case to get theses indictments. I didn't even know you can use the same grand jury for different cases in differing jurisdictions.
Old 09-06-2023, 04:02 PM   #528
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
There hearing on the severing of Cheseboro and Powell from the other 17 defendants in te Fulton County case happened this afternoon. It sounds lke the judge is leaning toward severing since it sounds very unlikely all 19 defendants would be ready for trial by October. The Fulton DA said they expect the trial to last 4 months (!) not including jury selection.

edit: I'm wrong. The hearing today was on the severing of those two from each other, and was denied. He hears the case for severing the rest tommorow, but it still stands he sounded like he would.

Imagine the fun if Trump is forced to be tried with them and they all point the finger at him... and televised!
Old 09-06-2023, 04:27 PM   #529
Thomkal
Head Coach

Looks like the IT guy who helped destroy evidence for Trump got rid of his Trump lawyer and has now turned on him with his new lawyer and will be a witness for Special Council Smith.
Old 09-08-2023, 09:41 AM   #530
Edward64
Head Coach

I don't really know who Fani is but on this alone, I'd vote her for Governor.

Fani Willis to Jim Jordan: ‘It is time that you deal with some basic realities’ - MarketWatch
Quote:
The district attorney who brought charges against former President Donald Trump and others over their efforts to overturn the results of Georgia’s 2020 election sent a scathing letter to U.S. Rep. Jim Jordan on Thursday, accusing him of interfering in a state case and pushing “outrageous partisan misrepresentations.”
The key part ...

Quote:
“Its obvious purpose is to obstruct a Georgia criminal proceeding and to advance outrageous partisan misrepresentations,” Willis wrote. “As I make clear below, there is no justification in the Constitution for Congress to interfere with a state criminal matter, as you attempt to do.”
:
“Your public statements and your letter itself make clear that you lack any legitimate legislative purpose for that inquiry: your job description as a legislator does not include criminal law enforcement, nor does it include supervising a specific criminal trial because you believe that doing so will promote your partisan political objectives,” Willis wrote.
Old 09-08-2023, 09:47 AM   #531
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Apparently, the special grand jury recommended that Lindsey Graham be charged as well. Fani declined.

Politically, that was the right move.
Old 09-08-2023, 10:39 AM   #532
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Jim Jordan needs to go back to something with which he has experience - covering up the sexual abuse of minors.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 10:41 AM   #533
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Apparently, the special grand jury recommended that Lindsey Graham be charged as well. Fani declined.

Politically, that was the right move.

Haven't seen the report on this, but I think the special grand jury report is supposed to come out after all this, so that will be interesting if true
Old 09-08-2023, 10:57 AM   #534
Thomkal
Head Coach

So yeah hold everybody's nose to the fire who could have been indicted but wasn't:

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/stat...50079980527695
Old 09-08-2023, 11:01 AM   #535
Thomkal
Head Coach

Michael Flynn was 20 to 1 to indict so he better be cooperating or the DA needs to have a good reason why he wasn't
Old 09-08-2023, 11:51 AM   #536
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Yeah, I think Graham is safe. It's one thing to indict a former President, it's another to indict a sitting Senator from another state from the other political party regardless of how much evidence there is. Even someone like Graham who is loathed by everyone is off limits unless it's the Feds or his own state.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 11:58 AM   #537
GrantDawg

Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue I sort of get why not to charge, but Lin Wood and Mike Flynn? They are as culpable as Sydney Powell, and the same level of dangerously crazy.
Old 09-08-2023, 12:31 PM   #538
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
Yeah, I think Graham is safe. It's one thing to indict a former President, it's another to indict a sitting Senator from another state from the other political party regardless of how much evidence there is. Even someone like Graham who is loathed by everyone is off limits unless it's the Feds or his own state.

That's a great summary of it, IMO.
Old 09-08-2023, 05:13 PM   #539
GrantDawg

Meadows was denied removal to Federal Court. That pretty much shoots down any of the removals. Meadows had the best argument for his actions being a part of his job, but even they were not great.

Old 09-09-2023, 06:28 AM   #540
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I don't see any good reason to not indict someone like Graham just because they are from another state. If they broke the law, charge them.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 09-09-2023 at 06:29 AM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 08:08 AM   #541
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I don't see any good reason to not indict someone like Graham just because they are from another state. If they broke the law, charge them.
He also only got 17 votes to indict. My understanding many prosecutors are hesitant to indict when they get too many down votes. It could be a sign they couldn't get a unanimous verdict in trail. It makes me wonder why the jurors where questionable on his indictment. Did they feel he was believable on the stand?
Old 09-09-2023, 08:25 AM   #542
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

FWIW that's a much better reason; a soft indictment just to indict even if you don't think you can get a conviction isn't a good thing IMO either.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 04:14 PM   #543
Thomkal
Head Coach

So Trump was "campaigning" today about an hour south of me in Summerville, SC at the Palmetto Armory. His spokesman showed a picture of Trump looking at a Glock and the spokesman said he bought it. Now he's deleted the tweet and denied that Trump bought it. Why you ask? Because it would be a violation of federal law to buy or have one sold to him a firearm while under indictment.

Last edited by Thomkal : 09-25-2023 at 04:14 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 03:55 PM   #544
Thomkal
Head Coach

Judge in NY Trump Org case rules against them and orders Trump Org NY business Certificates cancelled and the dissolution of the Trump Organization!
Old 09-26-2023, 03:59 PM   #545
RainMaker
General Manager

It is still wild that if you steal a candy bar from a store, they'll cuff you and bring you to jail. If you defraud people out of hundreds of millions, they just dissolve your LLC.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 04:27 PM   #546
GrantDawg

It is because the NY DA decided not to pursue criminal charges. That still makes no sense and the attorneys building that case were majorly piseed about it.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 09-26-2023 at 04:27 PM.
Old 09-26-2023, 06:17 PM   #547
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
It is still wild that if you steal a candy bar from a store, they'll cuff you and bring you to jail. If you defraud people out of hundreds of millions, they just dissolve your LLC.

Quote:
It is because the NY DA decided not to pursue criminal charges. That still makes no sense and the attorneys building that case were majorly piseed about it.

Who says crime doesn’t pay!
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 06:43 PM   #548
GrantDawg

Yet he will somehow gain three more points in the polls next week.

Old 09-26-2023, 07:11 PM   #549
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Hopefully the trial will cause major stress and he'll have a stroke and die
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 06:55 AM   #550
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Hopefully the trial will cause major stress and he'll have a stroke and die

IMO, the GOP has a better chance of winning the Presidency with him dead than with him either on the ticket or off the ticket and calling the GOP nominee a RINO.

And I am sure that Russia gets that, too.

If I were his Secret Service detail, I'd be very very alert.