Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-13-2007, 09:05 AM   #1
bryce
High School Varsity

OT: Another Ipod docking system, maybe with am/fm (& cd, too?)

I have the Bose docking that I use for my pseudo-weight room at home, and to take outside by the pool, and I love it. But I'm thinking of getting another docking for my bedroom so I can stop lugging the Bose in there when I want some bedroom music. I'd rather not spend another $300, though, but at the same time, I don't necessarily need 100% top notch sound quality since it'd only be used in my bedroom. I wouldn't mind the am/fm and maybe even CD player options in it as well, if such a thing exists that will actually work (the first docking system I got was some POS for $90 that had am/fm and cd player and it crapped out on me in less than a month, which is when I got the Bose - I think that one was I-Home, or some such? Don't remember exactly, though...) Anyone have any less expensive recommendations, either with the am/fm/cd option or without it? I can't seem to get a good read on products at various web sites.

Thanks in advance.

bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:47 AM   #2
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I have 2 iHome iH5r systems and one Logitech Audiostation. I also have bought the iH5r for my sister.

The Logitech is my "big" one, comparable to the Bose in size, but also with S-Video out so I can hook it into my TV to watch shows I download on my TV. Also cheaper than the Bose SoundDock (and sounds good).

The iH5r's I have in my bathroom and my bedroom. About $100 when I bought them, I think they've come down a bit in price. No CD, but AM/FM is there, sound is decent and they've been bomber for me in terms of use...my cat routinely tries to knock the one in my bedroom off of my nightstand, and it's held up nicely. The one in my bedroom is also my daily alarm clock, I can wake up to buzzer, iPod, or radio.

Even if the iH5r is too small for what you want (not sure), iHome seems to be making decent stuff. Also I'd check out iLounge.com for reviews of newer systems. The Logitech I bought about 4 months ago, the iHome has been around for over a year now.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote