Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-28-2005, 05:45 PM   #1
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

So YOU think you had a bad day?!

Well let me tell you what happened to me yesterday! I had a busy day when I started, I knew that. I was taking the second day of the bar exam and then running over to the airport (close by) and catching a 7:00 PM flight to NJ to visit my folks for a week.

So I get up at 6:00 AM, and go down there. Do the whole bar exam thing (which SUCKED!), then I go down the airport. First bad thing, but minor, was that the Economy lot was full, so I had to park in the Daily lot, this means that instead of paying $8 a day for parking, I get to pay $12 a day. Joy!

So I go down to the ticket desk because I couldn't check in online the day before. They say I'm on the freaking NO FLY list! WTF?! Apparently someone will a similar name is bad. I show her my license and say what do I do now and she gave me a TSA number to call, but then gave me a boarding pass. I was confused (Later calling TSA, apparently all they look for if you are on the "no fly list" is ID that proves you are you and not the terrorist.. great).

So massive lines everywhere through security. Pain the ass. So I'm calling everyone because I don't want this crap to happen when fly back from Newark. Apparently they can mail me a form, and after I send it back they'll let me know in 45 days. Um.... so basically I have go through the whole BS on the way back. Wonderful.

Oh, and I was told that since T-storms are in the area, the flight's been delayed. She actually put me on the earlier one leaving, which was supposed to leave at 5 PM, but because of delays now leaving a 8:25 PM.

Great, so I get some food come back. They put us on the plane (Continental btw, so crap seats). And then while ON THE PLANE they tell us the flight is canceled because they got another delay and that would put them over their FAA required duty hours.

****! So we line up again to the ticket counter to get on the next flight. This flight was one that couldn't leave Newark to come to Atlanta because of the storms, and now would be turning around and going back. This flight leaves.... 11:03 PM. Great... two more hours of doing nothing (reading, talking on the cell phone... nothing).

So 11 comes around the plane juuust gets to the gate. And everyone has to leave. Then there is a problem because the captain goes somewhere and we are all standing around waiting. 11:30 comes by and we're all thinking... ****, they are going to screw us over again. It's been 6 hours now.

Finally, a little over 11:30 we get to get into the plane.. but then have to wait for the planes ahead of us to take off, so it's 12:30 before we take off.

We finally touch down at 2:30 AM and I'm exhausted. My parents, who've I had to continually tell them I'm coming later, met me at the airport and we got to their home at like 3:30. I was soooo exhausted from the bar exam, from the delays, from flying so late that I slept until 2:00 PM.

Grrrr...

And where is the draft thread for the FOFC Keeper League?!

ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 05:57 PM   #2
digamma
Torchbearer

Congrats on finishing the bar exam!

Sorry about the travel difficulties.

I got stuck in a major traffic jam after I finished the test. I was already about to go batty and that made me almost non-functional for the rest of the night.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 05:58 PM   #3
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui
They say I'm on the freaking NO FLY list!

Paging Senator...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 06:09 PM   #4
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I would have been very very drunk
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 06:14 PM   #5
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
I got stuck in a major traffic jam after I finished the test. I was already about to go batty and that made me almost non-functional for the rest of the night.

That's why I slept so long. After taking that test you feel like people have been hitting you with hammers for most of the day!
Old 07-28-2005, 07:11 PM   #6
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I got belittled by a coworker today...I was trying to help her out and she snapped at me...it was demeaning...and frustrating.

I need a new job.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 07:31 PM   #7
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

Coulda been worse. You could have found out when you got there that your parents were splitting up, and your dad introduces you to his "friend" Reginald.

Oh, when you get the call that they can't find your bar and will have to retake it, but it won't be offered again until February...

Last edited by BigJohn&TheLions : 07-28-2005 at 07:33 PM.
BigJohn&TheLions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 09:47 PM   #8
Telle
College Starter

I broke my car today. The transmission went kaployee. I'm well past warrenty. I'm only halfway through my five year payment plan.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 10:16 PM   #9
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I stubbed my toe on a chair.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote