Old 07-27-2005, 11:44 PM   #1
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Thumbs up The legend of Ron Mexico lives

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3832438

Quote:
FOXSports.com
Posted: 5 hours ago

"Ron Mexico," the name listed as an alias for Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick in a lawsuit filed by a woman alleging that Vick infected her with a venereal disease, has found its way to into a new video game.

Midway's Blitz: The League, which isn't officially sanctioned by the NFL because the league claims it features too much gratuitous violence, includes a team called the Redhawks (that looks like the Falcons) and has "Mexico" as its quarterback.

"No longer bound to the NFL license, there will be no league restrictions on content and gamers will finally experience what makes playing a football video game really fun," Midway CEO Steve Allison told Sports Business Daily.

Electronic Arts owns the exclusive video-game license for the NFL, which has forced Midway to be creative with its latest football offering. The game is co-written by Peter Egan, a writer on ESPN's Playmakers series that was not well-received by the NFL. Blitz: The League is due out in October and is sort of football meets Grand Theft Auto, in which players cheat, gamble and do drugs.

The game will also include FHM magazine models as cheerleaders and in various major character roles throughout the game's story line. The cover features NFL Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor — a.k.a. New York Nightmare linebacker Quentin Sands — who "plays a large role in evolving story lines that occur both on and off the field," according to a Midway release.

The Blitz: The League game summary also gives a pretty good indication of what's in store: "Playing in The League is your dream but you've paid the price. Your arms ache from weight-room reps, and painkillers are blurring your vision. The dirty hits you've laid on QBs are career-enders but they also keep you employed. Two more sacks and you get your bonus, paying for your fast cars and faster lifestyle. Its 4th and 3 and you are up by 7. Stuff the offense, beat your opponents bloody and win at any cost."

Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 12:05 AM   #2
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

Wow. I never heard this before!

Guess what else? They're using the name "Ron Mexico" in a video game!!!
Old 07-28-2005, 12:07 AM   #3
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/foru...ad.php?t=41090

Never would have guessed...

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote