Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-27-2005, 11:12 PM   #1
WrongWay
Banned

Can I get a quick FOF Bad News Bears movie review.

And, please no posts that start with "I haven't seen the movie. but". We seem to have many Movie reviews posted here that start off that way.

I was really looking forward to this movie, but the fact it came in at #5 last week, has me thinking I might want to wait for it to come out on DVD.

Looking to catch a movie this weekend with DAD. Charlie, WOW, or Bad News Bears.

Thanks for any help.

BTW--We are both old enough to remember the original. Although, I can't say for certain that I saw the original in a theater. Also, I liked the original, but hated all the sequals.

WrongWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 11:38 PM   #2
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongWay
And, please no posts that start with "I haven't seen the movie. but". We seem to have many Movie reviews posted here that start off that way.

I was really looking forward to this movie, but the fact it came in at #5 last week, has me thinking I might want to wait for it to come out on DVD.

Looking to catch a movie this weekend with DAD. Charlie, WOW, or Bad News Bears.

Thanks for any help.

BTW--We are both old enough to remember the original. Although, I can't say for certain that I saw the original in a theater. Also, I liked the original, but hated all the sequals.

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for rude behavior, language throughout, some sexuality and graphic scenes of indentured servitude.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 12:03 AM   #3
WrongWay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for rude behavior, language throughout, some sexuality and graphic scenes of indentured servitude.
Something tells me your movie revue with start with...."I haven't seen the movie, but"
Old 07-28-2005, 12:08 AM   #4
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Bill Simmons destroyed it in his ESPN.com column today.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 12:17 AM   #5
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Went and saw and it on Friday and thought it was entertaining. It is pretty much the old move brought up to date with the insults. Billy Bob was pretty good and they had some good one liners. If you liked the first one you will like this one.
cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 12:37 AM   #6
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
Bill Simmons destroyed it in his ESPN.com column today.

If that isn't a ringing endorsement for the movie.. i don't know what is
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 12:40 AM   #7
JediKooter
Coordinator

Saw it this past Sunday, while not as good as the original, it was ok. Billy Bob did a good job as Buttermaker. There wasn't as much focus on how bad the kids played baseball like they did in the original one. The kid that played Tanner did a pretty good job. I had a problem with the two kids who played Kelly Leak and Amanda. The kid who played Kelly Leak was too much of a pretty boy and not really a bad ass like the original one and the girl who played Amanda talked like she had marbles in her mouth. Didn't like the CG baseballs that were in the movie. Greg Kinnear didn't seem like a big enough dick to fill Vic Morrow's shoes as the coach of the Yankees. He came close, but, not quite. I'd give this movie a 5.5 on a scale of 1 to 10. On the offensive factor, I'd give it a 7 out of 10, since you said your dad would be joining you on your movie choice. There is a lot of cussing and a lot of boob (unfortunately clothed) shots. Although, that may not be a factor in your decision on what movie to see.

In Summary: Not sure if the Bad News Bears really needed a remake though. I'm happy with the original as it is. Maybe had they redone one of the sequels like when they go to Houston and play in the Astrodome or go to Japan, it would have been better. Definately only worth the price of a matinee ticket.
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 04:24 AM   #8
WrongWay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter
1)There wasn't as much focus on how bad the kids played baseball like they did in the original one.

The kid who played Kelly Leak was too much of a pretty boy and not really a bad ass like the original

Greg Kinnear didn't seem like a big enough dick to fill Vic Morrow's shoes as the coach of the Yankees.
Pretty much exactly what I didn't want to see.

1) You have got to be kidding me.
2) What, NO Smoking , NO Drinking, and NO Motorcycle riden?
3) I really hated that coach, Is his son's bean ball seen in this movie?

Thanks for the warning as I think I will now have to pass on this one.

Last edited by WrongWay : 07-28-2005 at 04:35 AM.