Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-27-2005, 11:34 AM   #1
sportsfan13
H.S. Freshman Team

Who else...

I was just curious to see if someone else on the forum has had a similar incident like I had this weekend at a wedding.

So, this past Saturday, CleBrownsFan and I had a wedding to attend to and it was a normal long Catholic wedding. Very nice and very quiet. Well, in the middle of the ceremony, he looks over at me to say something and I notice he has a tiny booger in his nose, which makes me almost loose it in the middle of the ceremony. Of course, this happened to be a quiet time, where the priest was reading the gospel. I almost had to remove myself from the wedding, because I thought I was going to explode! I couldn't look at him the rest of the time!

It's terrible when you get a laughing spell right in the middle of a time where you're not allowed to laugh! Any stories similar are welcomed here!

sportsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 11:42 AM   #2
Suicane75
Coordinator

Ahhh, the giggle loop.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 11:48 AM   #3
rkmsuf
Head Coach

I never found boogers in the nose all that amusing. That's just me though.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:56 AM   #4
sportsfan13
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
I never found boogers in the nose all that amusing. That's just me though.

Well, when someone looks over to you in a very serious moment and doesn't realize he's got something dangling from nostril #1, it's humorous to me. I guess I'm the only one that thinks it's worth a giggle....
Old 07-27-2005, 12:02 PM   #5
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Dump him. Boogers are totally unacceptable.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 12:06 PM   #6
hhiipp
College Prospect

Situations like this are always alot more funny when you know you're supposed to be quiet.
hhiipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 12:07 PM   #7
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I got the hiccups during a Mass when I was in 4th grade at Catholic school...when the Priest paused, I inadvertendtly (sp?) hiccupped and it echoed throughout the entire church and the whole 2nd grade (who was in the pew in front of us) turned around, pointed at me and said "Ooh - you are in trouble". Luckily my teacher understood and I didn't get detention or anything...but the Priest did glare at me for the rest of the mass....
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 12:15 PM   #8
Swaggs
Coordinator

One time, in college, we were watching some horrendously boring movie in Early American History class (it was otherwise a great teacher and class). I had that class with my best friend and a girl that I used to go out with, and we all sat at the back of the room.

The TV was set up, at an angle from us, near the front of the room by the door. This kid, with a rather large head, that we we all went to high school with, was sitting directly in front of us and he kept nodding off to sleep with his head up and he'd jerk awake after a few seconds (you all have seen it, I'm sure). Throughout the entire movie. Everyone else was silent due to the combination of boredom and the movie. My best friend and I would start snickering everytime we'd look at the screen, because the guy's big head was in the way. Finally, we quit looking, but every time one of us would get our laughing under control, we'd hear the other one laughing and start up again.

It was terrible. We were both sweating and sick to our stomachs by the end of the class.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 12:37 PM   #9
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

SportsFan you missed the beginning of our embarrassing laughter... She had a dress on and thought she had it on inside out. We both saw her inseams sticking out and thought for sure thought her dress was inside out. Now that - was the start of the laughter - then can the booger incident happened and forget about it... we both lost control. Unfortunately it was just how the dress was made and she had it on correct.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders

Last edited by CleBrownsfan : 07-27-2005 at 12:39 PM.
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 12:46 PM   #10
sportsfan13
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
One time, in college, we were watching some horrendously boring movie in Early American History class (it was otherwise a great teacher and class). I had that class with my best friend and a girl that I used to go out with, and we all sat at the back of the room.

The TV was set up, at an angle from us, near the front of the room by the door. This kid, with a rather large head, that we we all went to high school with, was sitting directly in front of us and he kept nodding off to sleep with his head up and he'd jerk awake after a few seconds (you all have seen it, I'm sure). Throughout the entire movie. Everyone else was silent due to the combination of boredom and the movie. My best friend and I would start snickering everytime we'd look at the screen, because the guy's big head was in the way. Finally, we quit looking, but every time one of us would get our laughing under control, we'd hear the other one laughing and start up again.

It was terrible. We were both sweating and sick to our stomachs by the end of the class.

We, for sure, were sweating and hurting after this incident. And it's just like you said, as soon as you got your own laughter under control, you hear another snicker from someone else and then you have to start over again!!
Old 07-27-2005, 12:48 PM   #11
Kodos
Resident Alien

I almost invariably end up thinking of Simpsons scenes at weddings. The organ music always makes me think of the Simpsons where the old lady flops over after playing "In the Garden of Eden" at church. Once a kid actually shushed me when the girl I was with and I were laughing because the portrait of Jesus looked like Kenny Loggins to me and I started singing "I'm all right, nobody worry 'bout me!"

Generally, whenever I'm not allowed to laugh, I start thinking of things that make me laugh. Formal situations suck.

Last edited by Kodos : 07-27-2005 at 12:51 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 12:55 PM   #12
scooper
College Benchwarmer

I was in church with my brother when I was a teenager. This was at the height of the Beavis and Butthead era. I told him before mass "hey, let's be Beavis and Butthead during church." (Note: I know I'm going to hell, but we were not very mature as teenagers, OK?)

So, very quietly throughout mass we were reaching for things to laugh at and threw out the occassional "huh huh, he said..... yeah, heh heh" and so on. We were having a grand old time when the woman doing a reading said "nakedness"

We didn't say anything. We just looked at each other. He snickered a little. Then I did. All of the sudden, but both bust out laughing. The only way we were going to control this was if we were separated so my brother faked a coughing fit and got up and went to the bathroom.

He came back a few minutes later and calmly sat down next to me. All was quiet for a few seconds until he said ,"she said nakedness." We both burst out laughing again and got up and left the church.

To this day "she said nakedness" remains a funny inside joke to us.
scooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 12:58 PM   #13
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Then there was the time I was reading FOFC at work, and came across a thread where Flasch was talking about his 3R and GF and BF and all kinds of other incomprehensible gobbledygook. The discussion got pretty funny as everyone tried to figure out what the heck he was trying to say, when this newcomer to the board named "flere" (for short) decided to post some Windows Paint art to help explain it.

I was having a VERY hard time getting my giggles under control.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:05 PM   #14
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

One time in high school we were reading All Quiet On the Western Front out loud. I started thinking about something that seemed funny, and then everything I read in the book became funny for no reason. Someone read about someone's body "pushing up daisies" and I lost it. The teacher asked if I needed a moment, and I said and ran outside.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:51 PM   #15
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75
Ahhh, the giggle loop.

I half wish I hadn;t seen your Coupling thread before this, as now the reference is not as obscure as it could have been...
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 02:57 PM   #16
Hammer755
High School Varsity

In high school, my math teacher tripped over the cord of the overhead projector, barely catching himself before he completely fell on his face. I've always been a sucker for people tripping in public, so I let out a somewhat stifled laugh. At the same time, another guy in class started laughing (he was one-half of the class' goof-off tandem), and we started a giggle loop that went on for quite some time.

My wife, who I was simply friends with at the time, read me the riot act after class about how rude and insensitive it was, and to this day she still reminds me of it every time I laugh at a person tripping or falling.

Last edited by Hammer755 : 07-27-2005 at 02:58 PM.
Hammer755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 03:09 PM   #17
Vince
Pro Starter

Back in the day, my dad was an altar boy. He had two fellow altar boys, one of whom was named Pedro. Pedro was not very bright. They were doing the services for a funeral, and my dad was holding a rather large cross -- Pedro was holding the incense. During the ceremonies, Pedro was supposed to stand next to the priest, who was facing the congregation. My dad was facing the priest and Pedro, with his back to the audience.

At some point during the ceremony, Pedro dropped the incense, and some of the pieces fell out on the ground. Pedro bent down in the middle of the ceremony and started picking up the pieces by hand, burning himself and he kept repeatedly saying "Ow! Ouch!" as he was doing so. My dad started pressing the cross (which was taller than he was) into his nose as he tried to stifle his laughter, while the priest kept shooting him murderous looks to keep him from laughing.

Edit -- it would help if I finished the story, huh?

Finally, he couldn't help it, and tried to just snicker a little...out came a ridiculously loud bark of a laugh, and my dad froze. The priest (who is a good family friend of ours) had a nasty temper, and my dad knew that he was in trouble...but just then, some of the people there for the service also snickered a bit, and Pedro finally got the last bits of incense up and back into the receptacle. My dad did get yelled at, but not nearly as bad as he'd expected.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.

Last edited by Vince : 07-27-2005 at 03:16 PM.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 04:00 PM   #18
timmyw3
H.S. Freshman Team

One of my buddies was graduating from the Culinary Institute of America up in Poughkeepsie, NY. The day before a few of us drove up from Baltimore and after a late and drunken night out had to get up for the 10am graduation ceremony.

It was as serious as a culinary school graduation could be. In the beginning they were about to start the singing of the school alma mater and it was fairly quiet aside from the music. Right before the singing part was to begin my friend O-Dog started with his own version that began with "O, Mashed Potato". Of course he sang it loud enough for the next few rows ahead of us who all turned around and glared at the group. It was all over after that.
timmyw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 04:04 PM   #19
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75
Ahhh, the giggle loop.

That was my first thought. Gotta respect a guy who understands the giggle loop.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 04:42 PM   #20
mhass
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
I almost invariably end up thinking of Simpsons scenes at weddings. The organ music always makes me think of the Simpsons where the old lady flops over after playing "In the Garden of Eden" at church.

That sounded like rock and or roll.

mhass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 05:29 PM   #21
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Hmmm.. I can't decide which thread to put this in, but this one will do.

Today, I was evaluating a 22 year old mom to see if she should have her kids back (she has/had a drug problem) and in the middle of my asking a very serious question about her past, she let one rip! It was loud, stinky, and hiarious. I'm supposed to be all serious and mostly a blank slate, but I started laughing and couldn't stop for about 10 minutes.

Edit: She was laughing with me, so it wasn't totally inappropriate on my part...

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-27-2005 at 05:30 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 06:14 PM   #22
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Hmmm.. I can't decide which thread to put this in, but this one will do.

Today, I was evaluating a 22 year old mom to see if she should have her kids back (she has/had a drug problem) and in the middle of my asking a very serious question about her past, she let one rip! It was loud, stinky, and hiarious. I'm supposed to be all serious and mostly a blank slate, but I started laughing and couldn't stop for about 10 minutes.

Edit: She was laughing with me, so it wasn't totally inappropriate on my part...

Somewhere, and Somehow that violates patient doctor confidentiality....but it was still funny

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 06:33 PM   #23
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And, just to help those who have (apparently) missed earlier discussions:
http://wiki.dot-totally.co.uk/The_Giggle_Loop