Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-18-2008, 11:44 PM   #1
stevew
Hall Of Famer

NFL Week 12

Starts this thursday with a Steelers/Bengals clash in Pittsburgh. On the NFL Network.

I would be extremely dissapointed if the Steelers find a way to lose this game. With the Bengals starting a rookie left side, I'd be suprised if James Harrison does not get at least 2 sacks.

Probably will be a low scoring affair, the field was shit on Sunday. And the weather is getting lousier by the day.

stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:49 PM   #2
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I suppose the Bengals are somewhat hot, considering they are riding a 2 game unbeaten streak.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:10 AM   #3
Butter
Coordinator

Fitzpatrick got sacked something like 27 times against the Eagles. I can't see that number going down.

Steelers 47, Bengals 1, with a late rouge.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:05 AM   #4
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

So, no one watched the game, then?
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:09 AM   #5
Butter
Coordinator

I'm a huge Bengals fan, but there's only so much one man can take.

I watched the 1st half. Eh.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:34 AM   #6
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
So, no one watched the game, then?

I totally even forgot there was a game on Thursday and who was playing in it.

Good job, NFL!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:34 AM   #7
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Dola.

Then again, living in a city without a NFL franchise does lessen one's awareness about the league.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 11-23-2008, 12:11 PM   #8
Thomkal
Head Coach

Thigpen gets the Chiefs on the board early again with a 36 yard TD, 4 for 5 on opening drive.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 12:27 PM   #9
kingfc22
Head Coach

Nice homer non-call in Dallas. If that is not pass interference I'm not sure what is.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:33 PM   #10
Jas_lov
College Starter

Don't look now but the Lions are up 14-0. How will they manage to blow this one?
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 12:37 PM   #11
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I love how Culpepper is still breaking out the "Getting my roll on" celebration. I think it's time to let go of that one.....
Old 11-23-2008, 12:47 PM   #12
Thomkal
Head Coach

Larry Johnson with a 63 yd run and Tony Gonsales witha 2 yd TD catch from Thigpen 14-10 Chiefs

Last edited by Thomkal : 11-23-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:00 PM   #13
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Don't look now but the Lions are up 14-0. How will they manage to blow this one?

Tampa will soon realize that they are playing the Lions and the Lions will soon remember that they are, in fact, the Lions.

It wont take too long...
Old 11-23-2008, 01:01 PM   #14
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I was dealing with a problem with Comcast so I need some last minute fantasy football help. I have Portis, Jacobs, DeAngelo Williams, and Derek Ward (also Stephen Jackson but I know he's out). All are late games so I can still make changes. I was going to play Portis vs. SEA and Williams vs. ATL but has anybody heard:

1- Is Portis playing today?
2- Is Jacobs playing today?

Thanks a ton in advance...
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:07 PM   #15
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Was 17-0 and now 17-14. I swear teams get way behind on the Lions and then go, "OK, we got them right where we want them now."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
I love how Culpepper is still breaking out the "Getting my roll on" celebration. I think it's time to let go of that one.....

I absolutely hated the thing before and seeing it the first time after he came back reminded me how much I despite it before.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:10 PM   #16
Jas_lov
College Starter

And C-Pepp just threw an INT to give Tampa the ball at the Lions 24. The Lions 17-0 lead is now gone, Tampa up 21-17. HB was right, it didn't take too long.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:24 PM   #17
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Please tell me why McNabb is still in there? Two more interceptions and a fumble and we're just in the 1st half. I have always been a supporter of his but it is about time for a change.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:26 PM   #18
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Do you really think Kolb will be better? McNabb has struggled the last few weeks, but the first 4 weeks he was one of the hottest QB's in the league. I don't think it is time to give up on him yet.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:28 PM   #19
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quentin Demps with the TD!!!
Old 11-23-2008, 01:44 PM   #20
Tasan
College Starter

Cowboys are rolling. The 49ers really gave them the breathing room by failing to get the ball in from the 4 twice.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:47 PM   #21
Thomkal
Head Coach

Sadly Thigpen not looking too good today, 2 iNT including one run back for a TD
Old 11-23-2008, 01:52 PM   #22
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Do you really think Kolb will be better? McNabb has struggled the last few weeks, but the first 4 weeks he was one of the hottest QB's in the league. I don't think it is time to give up on him yet.

It really doesn;t matter to me if he's any better. We need to find out if he is going to be the team's future or not. They pretty much need to run the table to have a chance at the playoffs and they're not doing that with McNabb so why not give Kolb a chance? We'll either see promise for a future or that he can't play and that they need to look at another solution for the future.

This is the perfect time to find that out.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:59 PM   #23
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

You're welcome Chicago fans.. it's nice having the hams on your schedule.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:00 PM   #24
RedKingGold
College Starter

Kevin Kolb is starting the second half of the Eagles-Ravens game.

Last edited by RedKingGold : 11-23-2008 at 02:00 PM.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:12 PM   #25
Galaril
Pro Starter

So much for the Titans being any kind of contender. They are more like a pretender Jets smoking 20-3 in Tennessee.

Last edited by Galaril : 11-23-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:20 PM   #26
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
So much for the Titans being any kind of contender. They are more like a pretender Jets smoking 20-3 in Tennessee.

Are you serious? They win 10 straight and have one bad game and immediately get labeled pretender?
Old 11-23-2008, 02:21 PM   #27
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Are you serious? They win 10 straight and have one bad game and immediately get labeled pretender?

No doubt.. I'll take Tennesse anyday.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:21 PM   #28
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I blame McNabb for that blocked punt....
Old 11-23-2008, 02:25 PM   #29
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:

As a Titans fan I have seen this coming for all year in fact for a decade with Fisher's conservative Fisher ball. You ar`e down 17 points in the 4th Q not the time for run up the middle, draw and screen
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:27 PM   #30
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It really doesn;t matter to me if he's any better. We need to find out if he is going to be the team's future or not. They pretty much need to run the table to have a chance at the playoffs and they're not doing that with McNabb so why not give Kolb a chance? We'll either see promise for a future or that he can't play and that they need to look at another solution for the future.

This is the perfect time to find that out.

My problem with that reasoning is that this doesn't prove anything. I'm sure he didn't get that many snaps this week, and didn't prepare as a starter so that negates if he does poorly. If he does well (which he hasn't been), it still doesn't prove much. I agree that they have to run the table for the playoffs, but I'd much rather see them make this move next week to start the game, then to do it midgame. Although, really I'd prefer they just have stuck with McNabb for this season and give himself a chance to pull himself out of this funk. Now, I fear they are alienating him and he is still a very good QB.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:32 PM   #31
RedKingGold
College Starter

Meh. Titans lost one game. Better now than in the Super Bowl, I always say.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:34 PM   #32
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
My problem with that reasoning is that this doesn't prove anything. I'm sure he didn't get that many snaps this week, and didn't prepare as a starter so that negates if he does poorly. If he does well (which he hasn't been), it still doesn't prove much. I agree that they have to run the table for the playoffs, but I'd much rather see them make this move next week to start the game, then to do it midgame. Although, really I'd prefer they just have stuck with McNabb for this season and give himself a chance to pull himself out of this funk. Now, I fear they are alienating him and he is still a very good QB.

isnt Mcnabb in a funk this time of year every year? well with the exception of when hes injured
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:35 PM   #33
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Was McNabb just clapping for that Kolb interception?
Old 11-23-2008, 02:36 PM   #34
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

They would be alienating him either way. If they announce it for next week it still alienates him. This is professional sports, there should be no need to tip toe around his feelings.

After last week Kolb should have been starting this game.

A change was needed to try to kick start the team's offense. Something that to be done. Unfortunately this is not looking any different than with McNabb in there.

I think I should fire up my recording of the end of WS game 5, I need somethng to make me feel good about Philly sports.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:39 PM   #35
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

McNabb claps after he throws interceptions so I wouldn't read mucnh into that.

Speaking of interceptions. That is why I am in favor of McNabb being benched. Usually when he would play poorly it didn't equate to a lot of interceptons. He would underthrow receivers and get incompletions. Now he is making poor throws into coverage. If he was in his usual throw the ball into the ground funk I would not be so quick to pull him as it doesn't hurt the team like an ill advised throw for an interception.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:41 PM   #36
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: That was a quick respons by the Titans. Just saw the Jets went up 27-6 and now the Titans are in the end zone for 27-13.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:42 PM   #37
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
McNabb claps after he throws interceptions so I wouldn't read mucnh into that.

Yeah, I know he does. Just seems odd to do it after a teammate throws one. Anyway, I'm not at all impressed with Kolb, but like I said, it is hard to judge him with the lack of prep. Since they are going down this road, they might as well go all the way and start Kolb next week after a full week of prep with the 1st team.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:53 PM   #38
Voo
Mascot

Quote:
Yeah, I know he does. Just seems odd to do it after a teammate throws one. Anyway, I'm not at all impressed with Kolb, but like I said, it is hard to judge him with the lack of prep. Since they are going down this road, they might as well go all the way and start Kolb next week after a full week of prep with the 1st team.

You put a lot of faith into a coaching staff that has great track record of being incompetent.
Voo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:54 PM   #39
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:

That was my first thought, but I think it more likely that he was trying to boost up the offense (kind of like "it's ok, you'll get em' again) kind of thing.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:54 PM   #40
RedKingGold
College Starter

Well, at least the Phils are still World Champions.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:58 PM   #41
RedKingGold
College Starter

Are the Chiefs playing the JV team on defense? 54 points to the Bills with just under a quarter to go.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:58 PM   #42
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

So the Lions get spotted a 17-0 lead after the 1st quarter and then go on to get outscored 38-3 the next three quarters (so far)?
Old 11-23-2008, 03:00 PM   #43
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Cassel with back to back games of over 400 yards. He also has 4 TD's today so far.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:01 PM   #44
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

McNabb would have made that tackle.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:02 PM   #45
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Are the Chiefs playing the JV team on defense? 54 points to the Bills with just under a quarter to go.

yeah its pretty sad, Chiefs been hit hard with injuries on defense. Had a couple rookies starting at CB for a while there, still may be. They've scored 19 or more points in each of Thigpen's starts after the Atlanta game and still lose them all due to their defense
Old 11-23-2008, 03:03 PM   #46
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Why pass there? Poor decision to make the throw. Bad all around. Can we also change coaches mid game?
Old 11-23-2008, 03:20 PM   #47
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
And C-Pepp just threw an INT to give Tampa the ball at the Lions 24. The Lions 17-0 lead is now gone, Tampa up 21-17. HB was right, it didn't take too long.

1 TD, 2 INTs, and a fumble although not lost. [Denny_Green]He is who we thought he was.[/Denny_Green] I think I as the coach of the Lions could have put together at least the same record as they have since starting Culpepper and I would at least have a better idea of what Stanton can do. Culpepper continues to proves he's exactly the guy nobody wanted outside of being a 3rd stinger. Except for the Lions.

Last edited by Matthean : 11-23-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:31 PM   #48
airulf
H.S. Freshman Team

T.O. got involved in the cowboys offense again it seem. 7 catches, 213 yards and a score.

I bet the kid is happy again.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:33 PM   #49
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Falcons looking good early versus the hated rivals. First drive ended in a FG, and the second in a touchdown on an end-around in the red-zone. 10-0 good guys, I mean Falcons.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:35 PM   #50
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Really good game by Cassell, even the INT wasn't his fault (WR unable to make a catch led to it). I'm worried about the defense though, we' gave up a LOT of third and longs, it seemed.