Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-27-2000, 08:34 AM   #1
Subby
lolzcat

Post Village Challenge II (Round 2)

More thoughts on our little team:

This bad year could have been a blessing in disguise, as many guys that were 2 or 3 years away from developing (QB Chapman, our two stud young LBs, some o-linemen) got lots and lots of real game experience.

Offense

Skill Positions: Our bread and butter. Two future HOFers here, although I am concerned about Davies' long-term durability (he misses 2 games per season on average). Conversely, Sheen hasn't missed a game in SIX SEASONS. Davies and Sheen are signed through 2011 and 2010, respectively. FB Edwin Bednariks skill level is starting to decline in to the low 60's, but he should be fine through at least the end of his contract (2010). It might be worth re-upping Chapman now - as he is getting pissy about backing up Davies. The wideouts are a an outstanding group and have a nice mix - two 9-year vets (Wallace, Woodson) and two 2nd year guys (Bushon, Dougherty). I think Bushon, in particular, is going to be something special.
Needs:Getting a better backup for Sheen (although Battle has looked good in preseason) might be in order. Bednarik also needs an understudy. Chapman needs to be signed to an extension before he gets too pissy, preferably right after he has been given the opportunity to start a couple of pre-season games..

Offensive Line: Lots of old guys, but I have always held the belief that the best o-lines are manned by grizzled veterans. Our cohesion rating for this group (96) is second in the league. The Tackles (Nails (78/99/72), Adams (87,81,90) are still playing at a high level, as is G Roundtree (89/100/63). G Brown (78/53/64) and C Smith (91/59/69) are begining to wear down. We have two guys T Willie Guy and C Cornell Flowers, who are ready to step in and contribute - I had Guy starting at Guard last year with some of the o-line injuries and he did well. A lot of the young guys are getting pissed about having to sit, so some decisions need to be made. Our Tes are solid, with TE Stark still playing at a high level - with a solid backup behind him (Bobby Lofton).
Needs: Ride the old guys as much as possible, but try and at least work in T Guy and maybe C Flowers..

Defense

Defensive Line: Suprisingly, this unit held up without injury - all year long. The DTs are strong in the pass rushing area and (except for Mudgett) are weak against the run. DT Pieper (60/78/96) and DT James (67/92/57) are certainly serviceable and can keep this position manned until a Mudgett-clone drops in our laps. DT Peter is odd man out and not happy. Trade him while he has value. The DEs are another story. DE Jason Taylor, while only missing 4 games in 10 years, is near the end - he started every game for us last year but only recorded 3 sacks. And he is awful against the run - before our rash of injuries to the LBs, I was starting LB Morotn at DE against the run. DE McDaniel (41/42/27) and Hisxon (54/64/45) are no better than backups. Thank god for DE Matt Champion (87/92/100) - and he's signed through 2011.
Needs:DE is the absolute most pressing need on this team, particularly if Taylor retires. DT is actually fairly strong, although I would make sure you have a run stopper at MLB..

Linebackers: In a year or two, we are gong to have a linebacking corps for the ages. They got crushed by injuries this year, though, and I am hoping that Duke (61/81/89/93) can return to form. If he can, we are ooking at the potential of three maxed-out starters (Duke, 3rd year Phil West, 2nd year Freddie Kobeski)and backups like the hard-nosed Roose (484 career tckls), and overachievers KC Morton (5th round pick) and JR Farmer (7th round pick, 5 year starter) .
Needs:Playing time. The horses are in place after two straight 1st round picks.

Secondary: The same can be said for our Secondary. Our corners (4 potential/actual excellents)are young and infinitely talented - I think Ferderer (17 ints in 3 years) can make the HOF. So are our two starting safeties, Quinn (4 year vet) and Swift (2 years). If we need anything here, its a backup to help the aging Leomont Evans (13 year vet).
Needs:Corners are the best group in the league, and all but Carr and KR Barnette are signed through 2010. A stud safety is a priority - to replace Evans and learn the position and then to eventually supplant Quinn.

All-Overpaid Team
LB JR Farmer, 4,000,000
DE Jason Taylor, 3,360,00
DT Christian Peter 3,200,000

All-Underpaid Team
CB Christian Ferderer, 1,750,000
LB Rufus Duke, 1,500,000
FB Edwin Bednarik, 1,200,000
DT Dwayne James, 850,000

[This message has been edited by Subby (edited 10-30-2000).]
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com

Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2000, 09:07 AM   #2
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

JR Farmer is making $4M a year...starter for 5 years.

the guy really worked his butt off to become a great starter after falling so deep during the draft.
one of the great success stories so far...
- Chairman of the IHOF Hall of Fame
- Athletic Director of the Brigham Young Cougars in TCY
FOF Legend: Hall of Fame QB Brock Sheriff #5, one of the most popular player in Front Office Football history.
Darkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2000, 09:12 AM   #3
Subby
lolzcat

You are right about Farmer - he is a huge success story. 4 million just seemed high to me for a LB who has never had 100 tckls in a season
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 10-27-2000, 11:11 AM   #4
Syrinx
H.S. Freshman Team

I agree with Subby, when you compare Farmer's sallary to that of Pro-Bowler Rufus Duke, Farmer is way overpaid.
Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2000, 11:16 AM   #5
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

i'll see if he's willing to renegociate.

FOF Legend: Hall of Fame QB Brock Sheriff #5, one of the most popular player in Front Office Football history.
Old 10-27-2000, 07:20 PM   #6
WebEwbank
High School JV

Agree with your analysis, Subby. Of course, top DEs are very hard to find...

Glad to see Guy is maturing - I thought that he was plateauing as a backup.

Re Farmer, part of his stats problem has been playing next to the Duke, which cuts into his tackles. On a weaker LB unit, he would post better numbers. I currently have an Indy career going into 2026, and I've had 100 tackles exactly once. I routinely trade or cut my 5th or 6th LB and watch him get 100 with another club.

I wonder if we need to rebuild or just retool - it would be nice to get another ring for Blaine and Donnie, but the core is aging...
WebEwbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2000, 04:21 PM   #7
Subby
lolzcat

I definitely think we could get 2-3 more rings for our core guys...

Old 10-30-2000, 07:08 AM   #8
WebEwbank
High School JV

Hope you're right. (Lack of) injuries and quick development of our young maybe-stars will be the keys.
Old 10-30-2000, 11:18 AM   #9
Subby
lolzcat

I know I am in serious trouble, because I am now jonesing for an update on our team...

Last night during dinner I was trying to explain to our wife how badly we needed a defensive end and whether she would object to trading one of the kids...

Needless to say - if you need to reach me, my number at the Holiday Inn is...

[This message has been edited by Subby (edited 10-30-2000).]

Old 10-30-2000, 11:24 AM   #10
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

LOLOLOLO Subby.

I have been busy this WE but the 1st update will come soon.

gimme you hotel number and i give you call once the draft is completed
Old 10-30-2000, 04:01 PM   #11
Syrinx
H.S. Freshman Team

Talking

ROTFL

Subby, that was one of the funniest things I've read in a while.

Fortunaltly I haven't brought up our team's needs to my wife (or the potential trade posibilites with the kids)... otherwise I'd have to get a hotel room as well.
Old 10-31-2000, 12:10 PM   #12
TheRoyalOne

Actually, how do you think I was able to sign Donnie Sheen to a long term deal? I tottally wiped out the kids college funds...
Old 11-01-2000, 06:08 AM   #13
WebEwbank
High School JV

My wife knows football inside out (Cowboys fan from Texas), has her own fantasy team (now 7-1), but can't connect with FOF - says it's "not real" - can you imagine that ?
Old 11-01-2000, 08:08 AM   #14
Subby
lolzcat

Not real! I guess that bloody nose I got from brawling with Blaine Davies' agent isn't real then.

Well...yeah. Ahem.

Stop looking at me!

Old 11-01-2000, 03:50 PM   #15
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

Exclamation

Village Challenge II

Season 2009

For 2008 :
Team Performance : 22/100
Franchise Value : 100/100
Profit Loss : 59/100
Difficulty : 70/100

YEAR END SCORE : 67

Demontti Dawson and Vinnie Testarverde are indutced in the Hall of Fame.
As we've signed a new 5-year television contract, the salary cap will rise $9,000,000 each year over the life of the contract.

DT Christian Peter retired.
Thanks to a great Job by Subby, 45 players are already signed for this upcoming season that means we only have 7 FA and no starters among them.
No franchise tag placed.

We receive trades for C Jeff Smith and T Jamie Nails (Eagles propose a FB + their 1st round pick) but both are rejected.
What we need is a Safety, a DT/DE and to prepare the future at FB because Bednarik is declining a little. Also, I'd like to go for another good WR : the ones we currently have are good (especially Wallace and Bushon) but none cracked the 60 catches mark and Wallace & Woodson are in their 10th year which is starting to be quite old for a WR.

We don't have that much cap room and we are for the most part already filled so we probably won't be very effective in Free Agency this year. I'd rather see fill our gaps thanks to the draft and with trades since we own this year 3 1st round picks (9th,10th and 23rd).

We Start off a trade with the Buffalo Bills for their 8th year Safety Lincoln Wright (98/95/86) who will be a starter right away, we give up one of our three 1st round picks (10th) this year + a 6th round pick in 2010 + former starting FB (-now clearly a backup- Laomont Evans).
A great trade since our scout rates Wright as the n°1 safety on the team with a current level of 92 (excellent) and a future at 91 (excellent).

Now we trade with the Baltimore Ravens :
we give up another 1st round pick (23rd) + Backup FB Sam Gerak for their n°1 FB, 3 time All-League Chester Tindale (8 year vet almost maxed out) who will be the future at the position since he is now clearly an updrade to Bednarik.

LB B.J Farmer was in his last year and agrees to renegociate a 3rd deal that saves us some cap room. Since he's a fan favourite and a long time starter it is better to keep him. With his new contract, his salary for 2009 drops from $5M to $3,600,000.
DT Mudget, also in his last year, signs a 4 year contract extension worth roughly the same salary per season (around $4M).
S J.R Quinn and CB B.J Carr also sign 3 year extension deals.

We are $17,310,00 under the cap before at the beginning of free agency.
Top FA Kicker Raymond Gardner from San Diego signs with us (93/95/69) and he's a big improvment on Corey Rollins' numbers (84/70/53). Rollins was here since 1999 (drafted by myself in the 3rd round) and he did a great job during this decade with the Browns but he's missed 10 FG last season and we needed someone more reliable for the future.
He is traded to the Chicago Bears for their 4th round pick this year (12th).

The 2009 NFL Draft :
With the 9th overall pick, nobody we really need. I try to trade down for a top DE but no team is willing to move so i settle for the best player available regarding our current roster : G Norbert Page which is not that bad actually since our top two guards Ruben Brown and Raleigh Roundtree are both in their 15th and 13th year, near the end.

Draft Report:

Rnd 1 - Norbert Page, G, North Texas (39/84 58/100 84)
Rnd 2 - Dustin Maloney, DT, Washington State (33/70 46/100 50)
Rnd 3 - Glenn Monroe, LB, Southwest Louisiana (34/80 39/96 30/77 94)

Not a very deep nor helpful draft for us actually. Still we got 3 interesting players. I'm not certain though they will all make the roster. we'll have to see that later.
I traded our two 4th round picks for a 3rd rounder next year.

Top pick Norbert Page is signed to a 5 year deal with a $6m signing bonus. He's currently ranked as our last G on the roster (54 good) but tops everyone with a future estimate at 100 (excellent). Clearly a good investment for the future, something we would have had to do anyways in the next couple of years.

2nd rounder DT Maloney is signed to a 3 year deal. He is listed as 4th DT on the roster. We badly needed a player at that position so his presence is fine.

3rd rounder LB Monroe is signed since his future estimate of 94 will be valuable someday. We then trade our 4th LB K.C Morton to the Eagles agains RB Wade Clinton (solid backup who will fight for the n°2 spot behing Sheen) and a 2nd rounder next year.

The Seattle Seahawks want to trade their 1st round pick in 2010 for BJ Mudgett
rejected of course.
The Packers propose a 4th rounder for starting TE Ronald Stark...rejected.

We sell 69,500 tickets out of 70,300.

After training camp we sign FA WR Rufus Carlson (5th year former 1st round pick from Baltimore), starter the past 4 seasons with the Ravens where he caught last season 64 passes for 976 yards and 8 TDs. He sould be our 4th receiver on the depth chart this year.

We also sign two other FAs, a CB and a DT to provide some depth.
At the start of the Exhibition season we are $8,630,000 under the cap.

The Browns are "worth" $767,250,000 (1st NFL)
Stadium (41)
Roster (100)
Support (96)
Economy (53)

Pre-season :

We finish the preseason 3-1 (playing in convincing fashion).
We rested most of our starters and had some good surprises : FA Pickup RB Wade Clinton was awesome during those games, he's the n°2 back and looks like a very good deal. QB Chapman had a fine preseason until the 4th game where he threw 3 INTs but else than that, he looks ok to backup our future Hall of Famer Blaine Davies.

No major injury so far, WR Bushon has a dislocated shoulder (questionnable 3/5 weeks); CB Ross Dawson has a turf toe (questionnable 0-2 weeks) and WR Hardy Dougherty has a sprained knee (probable 0-2 weeks).

All in all this team, coming off a 7-9 season last year looks stable and i'm clearly ambitious at the start of the regular season.

Roster Cohesion :

passing (83)
Off Line (92)
Deff front (95)
secondary (61)

regular season 2009 starts :

Week 1 Browns Vs titans (titans were 9-7 last year) - 6pt fav : W 18-15
a defensive struggle...We are blown with 2 long TD passes (85 and 68 yards) and our offense moves the ball downfield but just can't score. our FA K Gardner misses two important kicks but delivers when it matters the most with a winning 36 yard FG with 8 seconds left.
Davies 24/48 357 yards
sheen 23 for 53 yards 1 TD but also 9 catches for 106 yards !
Woodson 7 catches 127 yards

Week 2 Browns (1-0) Vs Bills (1-0) - 8pt fav : L 17-34
We are down 0-17 at the end of the 1st quarter. Davis brings the team back and the score is tied at the half. the second half is terrible has Davies is intercepted twice in critical situations and once again we are blown with 40+ yards TDs.
Davies 17/35 286 yards 2 TDs 2 INTs
Sheen 12 for 52 yards
Carlson 4 catches for 77 yards 2 TDs

Week 3 Browns (1-1) @ Jaguars (1-1) - 1pt fav : W 21-17
another bad game...another rally. Again we're down 0-17 at the half and it is the Jaguars' backup QB playing. Again we comeback in the second half thanks to Davies and Sheen. for the 3rd straught week our secondary has been burnt for long gain. This is becoming a concern. Our offensive line, also, seems to be in difficulty and Sheen can't gain the yars he should to help set up the pass.
Davies 13/26 207 yards 1 TD
Sheen 19 for 88 yards 2 TDs
Woodson 3 catches for 46 yards
Swift, Ferderer and Carr all intercepted one pass

S Lincoln Wright has a hip pointer (questionnable 3-5 weeks)

Week 4 Browns (2-1) Vs Ravens (1-2) - 7pt fav : W 34-13
at last a great performance !
Blaine Davies is exceptionnal earning NFL Offensive player of the week honors. We lead the game from beginning to end and show former Browns QB Sieh (now Ravens starter) that he still has some work to do.
Davies 26/36 394 yards 3 TDs
Sheen 15 for 75 yards 1 TD (Sheen has yet to reach the 100 yard mark this year)
Wallace 7 catches for 135 yards 1 TD
Carr had 1 interception and Lincoln, Hixson and Champion all had a sack.

Ronald Stark, TE sprained ankle full strength in 3-5 Weeks
Christian Ferderer, CB - Dislocated Shoulder, full strength in 3-5 Weeks
Dale Hixson, DE - Shoulder Tendonitis, full strength in 3-5 Weeks

Week 5 Browns (3-1) @ Bengals (2-1-1) - 3pt underdog : L 26-47
another terrible game for the Browns, incapable of doing anything. The defense is once agains shredded for big yardage and tons of first downs...we just can't stop anybody at the moment.
Davies 10/23 146 yards 2 TDs 1 INT
Sheen 9 for 44 yards !
Woodson 2 catches for 57 Yards ! 2 TDs

Sheen is an absolute non-factor so far...We're 3-2 after 5 games and struggling much more than expected. Davies leads the NFL with 1390 passing yards and is 6th in QB Rating (89,6).
Sheen has only 312 yards so far.
We must have him regain his old form or we'll be in troubles.

Week 6 Browns (3-2) Vs Spangles (2-3) - 3pt fav : W 38-10
at last Sheen has his breakthrough game ! 2 big TD rushes boost his total of the day to a season best 203 yards on only 11 carries ! Sheen is named NFL Offensive player of the week. Davies is not as poised as usual but the running game was there and it is a relief to everyone.
Davies 16/32 222 yards 1 TD 3 INTs
Sheen 11 for 203 yards 2 TDs
Bushon 5 cathes for 112 yards.
McElroy and Dawson each had an interception and Champion had 3.5 sacks !

Week 7 OPEN

Week 8 Browns (4-2) Vs Redskins (3-3) - 7pt fav : W 37-9
For the second week in a row the Browns play a great and complete game both on offense and defense and this time it is QB Davies who steals the show. Davies is named NFL offensive player of the week for the 2nd time this season.
Davies 25/36 320 yards 3 TDs (he was replaced after 3 quarters ! ala Kurt Warner)
Sheen 18 for 59 yards and 7 catches for 71 yards
Wallace 4 catches for 61 yards and 2 TDs
Duke intercepted one pass and returned it 77 yards for a score

B.J. Bushon, WR - Sprained Back, full strength in time for the playoffs

Week 9 Browns (5-2) @ Giants (0-7) - 8pt fav : W 24-21
ouch.
almost the upset of the year against the winless Giants who now drop their record to 0-8.
In this game we seem out of sync very unlike the previous two weeks were we were in total control. But these are the Giants, winless, and we were able despite an average game to hold on to the win.
Davies 16/29 194 yards 1 TD 1 INT
Sheen 26 for 109 yards for 1 TD
Woodson 5 catches for 65 yards 1 TD
James and Pieper each had 1.5 sacks.

Mid-season report :
With this win (3rd in a row) we improve to 6-2 1st place AFC Central (The Steelers are 2nd at 5-3 having lost their last 3).

QB Blaine Davies is 2nd in the NFL with 2126 yards, 4th in TD passes (13) and 5th in QB rating (87,0).
RB Donnie Sheen is 5th in the NFL with 683 yards and 2nd with 7 rushing TDs. he averages 5.1 yard per carry. Sheen is also the receiving leader of the team so far with 35 catches.
The first Brown receiver ranked is Willie Woodson with 31 catches for 471 yards 4 TDs.
On defense, the only player worth looking at so far is Duke Rufus with his 57 tackles (12th in the NFL)

Hopefully we will get more consistent during the 2nd half and our defense, which has been struggling so far, will improve.
We have a big game coming up Vs 2nd place Pittsburgh Steelers.
Starting S Lincoln Wright is doubtful with a broken hand and will be kept out of the game.

Week 10 Browns (6-2) @ Steelers (5-3) -2pt fav : L 21-24
We blow a 14-0 half time lead.
B.J Mudgett, coming off an injury showed why he was a dominant force, preventing the Steelers from moving the ball but he re-injured himself early in the 2nd half and from that point, once again the opposing team started pilling 1st downs...
this loss puts the Steelers back in 1st place in the division. a bad loss.
Davies 17/32 262 yards 3 TDs 1 INT
Sheen 20 for 42 yards...
Wallace 5 catches for 73 yards 1 TD
Swift had an interception and Duke, Hixson and James each had a sack.

Week 11 Browns (6-3) Vs Jaguars (3-5-1) -8pt fav : W 37-34 OT
AWESOME win in overtime !!!
we take an early 10-0 lead...but the Jags come back and score 24 unanswered points to lead us 24-10. then they add a FG : 27-10.
We come back in the game and even take a 31-27 lead. But with 2 minutes left to play, Jacksonville scores another TD to regain the lead 34-31.
Davies moves the ball well downfield, and with 6 seconds left, a 40 yard FG sends the game on OT.
We start off with the ball but on are stopped on our own 40 yards, the punt is bad and the Jags recover on their own 45 yards...and then...FUMBLE !
recovered by the Browns...Davies moves the ball well once again and a 25 yard FG gives us this incredible and precious win.
Davies 23/47 321 yards 1 TD 2 INTs
Sheen 21 for 40 yards (same old story...)
Wallace 7 catches for 94 yards
Duke 7 tackles and 1 interception returned for a TD. Roose and Taylor each had 1 sack.

The Steelers lost at home 21-20 to the Cowboys this afternoon so we, Browns, regain the AFC Central lead. What a WE !

Week 12 Browns (7-3) @ Ravens (2-8) - 6pt fav : L 0-27
what to say ? well probably the worst game in Browns history.
Davies and Sheen I'm amlost certain, never had such awful games :
Davies 15/42 135 yards 3 INTS
Sheen 10 for 19 yards 2 fumbles
Carlson 3 catches for 24 yards.
a total disaster...unbelievable.
Maybe last week's emotional OT win has something to do with this debacle. Anyways, i can't wait to see how the team will respond for the next game Vs our nemesis New England Patriots

Week 13 Browns (7-4) @ Patriots (7-4) -2pt underdog : L 6-29
For the second straight week, no TD.
Davies 12/38 176 yards 1 INT
Sheen is out of the game in the 1st quarter
Clinton 12 for 4 yards !
Woodson 4 catches for 97 yards

G Raleig Roundtree and WR Bushon are both out until next year. they will be placed on IR.
We have too many injuries to key players both on offense and defense and as crazy as it seems...our offense (usually a force) has been going 3 and out for the last 2 games.
We have lost 2 in a row and 3 of our past 4.
There are 4 games left on the schedule and everything is still possible.

Week 14 Browns (7-5) @ Eagles (8-4) -2pt underdog : W 26-14
That wasn't pretty again but still it is a win, and against a solid team which should make the playoffs again this year.
We really have concerns with our punting. Since the very beginning of the year, too many 20-25 yar punts put us in terrible position. This is something that will have to be stressed in the offseason.
Davis 20/34 259 yards 1 TD
Sheen 23 for 95 yards 1 TD
Wallace 4 catches for 71 yards 1 TD
Quinn and Wright each had an interception.

Week 15 Browns (8-5) @ Titans (5-8) -3pt fav : W 36-10
Blaine Davies goes 2 for 2 for 35 yards before spraining his knee.
His replacement, Chapman, fires 2 TD passes on his first two attempts and brings the team to an all important lead before being injured as well. 3rd stringer Donovan Hemphill comes in and doesn't make to many mistakes but the true hero is WR Harvey Wallace who, at last, has a game to show for his stats ! the Browns win this one : fresh air !
Chapman 12/24 177 yards 2 TDs
Hemphill 9/20 101 yards 1 INT
Sheen 19 for 90 yards
Wallace 8 catches for 131 yards 2 TDs
Carr and Ferderer each had an interception.

Harvey Wallace, WR - Hyperextended Knee, full strength in 3-5 Weeks
bad news since he's our n°1 receiver and was just coming from his best game of the year.

Cory Corbett, G - Deep Thigh Bruise, full strength in 3-5 Weeks
Too injured, must stay away from the next game.

Week 16 Browns (9-5) Vs Steelers (7-7) -6pt fav : W 24-20
The Steelers, since a 5-0 start, have lost 7 of their past 9 games and find themselves in 3rd place in the division fighting for a playoff birth.
Down early in the 4th quarter, QB Davies goes wild and fires at will. The result is yet another great comeback and a 3rd straight win for the Browns who win their 10th of the season.
Davies 19/34 254 yards 1 TD 1 INT
Sheen 14 for 89 yards 1 TD
Dougherty 7 catches for 102
Wright and Dawson each had an interception ; Champion and James both had 1 sack.

Freddie Kobeski, LB - Broken Ankle, full strength in 2010, to be placed on IR

The season finale is for the AFC Central title : 1st place Bengals Vs 2nd place Browns
Though both teams are already qualified for the Playoffs, the winner wins the division.

Week 17 Browns (10-5) Vs Bengals (10-4-1) -4pt fav : W 24-20
Yeahaaaa
4th win in a row that gives us an 11-5 record and the AFC Central Title !!!
Down 14 zip the Browns came back strong thanks to 2 TD passes from Blaine Davies and a good game from Donnie Sheen.
Davies 18/31 273 yards 2 TDs
Sheen 24 for 92 yards 1 TD also 5 catches for 41 yards.
champion had 1.5 sacks.

At 11-5 the Browns win the AFC Central and have a 1st round playoff bye.

Playoff teams :
AFC
Raiders (13-3)
Browns (11-5)
Patriots (10-6)
Bengals (10-5-1)
Broncos (10-6)
Seahawks (9-7)

NFC
Panthers (12-3-1)
Eagles (11-5)
Buccaneers (10-6)
Rams (11-5)
Cowboys (11-5)
Lions (10-6)

Wild-card games :
Broncos @ Bengals 16-41
Cowboys @ Rams 16-21
Lions @ Bucs 10-38
Seahawks @ Patriots 14-41

Divisional Playoffs
Rams @ Panthers 16-26
Bengals @ Raiders 28-31
Bucs @ Eagles 27-7

The Patriots beat us 26-9 in W13 earlier this season...

Cleveland Browns (11-5) Vs New England Patriots (11-6) -5pt fav : W 24-10
A great effort and a huge win over our perennial nemesis Patriots. Blaine Davis is offensive player of the week as he leads the Browns to another appearance in the AFC championship game.
The game was not an easy one obviously but we controled the clock though Donnie Sheen had to leave early in the 2nd quarter, we then relied on Clinton but it is 3rd string RB Tom Battle who cleared the way with a 22 yard TD run late in the game.
Davies 23/37 305 yards 2 TDs 2 INTs
Battle 4 for 59 yards 1 TD
Carlson 6 catches for 84 yards 1 TD
Wright had 1 interception

Championship Weekend

NFC Championship Game :
Bucs @ Panthers : 17-31

AFC Championship game
Browns (12-5) @ Raiders (14-3) -5pt underdog : W 41-23
1st play from scrimmage and Donnie Sheen has his longest run of the year : an 80 yard TD run !
That would give the tempo for the rest of the game.
The Raiders QB was intercepted 3 times and Sheen had a career day. Actually, this Championship game was a total mismatch ever since Donnie sheen broke furiously for the 80 yard score. The rest is history and the Browns are going back to the Super Bowl !
Davies 22/37 218 yards 1 TD 1 INT
Sheen 15 for 210 yards 4 TDs !!!!! offensive player of the week
Woodson 6 catches for 69 yards 1 TD
Wright, Carr and Quinn each had an interception

SuperBowl 2009 :
AFC Champions Cleveland Browns Vs NFC Champions Carolina Panthers -5pt underdog
Down 17-6 at the half things don't seem too good. The offense struggles a bit and Carolina pushes hard. But early in the 3rd quarter, Davies throws a 5yard TD pass to Woodson and the 2pt conversion is good so both teams are tied at 14. Then Panthers and Browns exchange Field-goals to make it 17-17 and with 1:06 to play, The Browns have one last chance with the ball on their own 34. Superstar QB Blaine Davies throws the deep bomb and that sets up a 34 yard FA attempt with 5 seconds left in the game..it is good !
Cleveland wins the SuperBowl 20-17 !
Davies 19/31 278 yards 1 TD 1 INT
Sheen 16 for 29 yards
Woodson 8 catches for 150 yards 1 TD (SuperBowl MVP)
Champion had 1 sack.

For the 2nd time in 3 years and 3 time in 5 years, Cleveland Browns had won a World Championship.
We can be proud of our 2009 journey since it came after a 7-9 season in 2008.

The team went back to the big game and took home the Lombardi trophee once again.
Browns forever !

2009 Awards :
WR Willie Woodson is SuperBowl MVP
RB Donnie Sheen is All-League 1st team RB and Offensive Player of the Year
LB Rufus Duke is All-League 1st team LB

2009 Stats
QB Blaine Davies 16/16 273/525 52.0 3841 yards 21 TDs 15 INTs Rating : 77,3 (13th NFL)
RB Donnie Sheen 16/16 265 carries for 1149 yards 4.3/c 10 TDs (8th NFL)
Sheen is also the team's n° receiver this year with 56 catches for 543 yards 1 TD.

WR Willie Woodson 54 catches 905 yards 5 TDs
WR Harvey Wallace 52 catches 799 yards 8 TDs (was injured most of the 2nd half of the year)
LB Rufus Duke 108 tackles
DE Matt Champion 8.0 sacks
CB B.J Carr 3 interceptions

Offense
Passing : 260,8 yds/g (1st)
Rushing : 111 yds/g (19th)

Deffense
Passing : 201,4 yds/g (10th)
Rushing : 141,3 yds/g (31st)

Blaine Davies, 2 years removed from an NFL MVP season had a rough statistical year though he finished 2nd in the league with almost 3900 yards. But still led the team to a 3 SuperBowl title.
He started all 16 games which ends speculation regarding his durability.

Donnie Sheen was not unfortunately a major running threat as he had way too many 60-yds-minus games. His Offensive player of the year honor is mainly due to his great catching abilities (ala Marshall Faulk).
But he had a career game when it mattered the most in the AFC Championship and that was great.

Our defense had not been good, this is something that will have to be worked on, especially the defense Vs the run which is terrible (next to last NFL).

All in all, the season had highs ans lows but we have winners on this team and they always find a way to get themselves out of trouble and never forget the stakes.

2009 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS !
YEAH !

[This message has been edited by Darkiller (edited 11-02-2000).]
Old 11-01-2000, 04:21 PM   #16
Subby
lolzcat

Great trades!

Great year!

Congratulations! Good to see our team come together like that after a rough year! Now maybe our cohesion will settle down and we'll be able to do something.

Old 11-01-2000, 04:48 PM   #17
WebEwbank
High School JV

Fantastic year !

We certainly overcame about five years worth of adversity. I was wondering if Duke should be un-keepered, but he had a stellar year.
Old 11-02-2000, 03:15 AM   #18
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

Lightbulb

Ok Guys,
you heard it : FOF2K1 is out !

so we have to decide what do we do regarding our VCII.

I'm supposed to send the universe folder tomorow but I still have one more season to play, and honestly, w/ the new game out, i'd like to test it tonight.

So if you don't mind i'd like to extend the length from 1 week to let's say 10 days to complete the 2 seasons.

Therefore -in the next future- we would be able to play FOF2K1 and also to continue to play FOF2 with our beloved Browns in the Village Challenge II.

What do you think ? every suggestions are welcomed.

Old 11-02-2000, 03:18 AM   #19
Subby
lolzcat

Sounds good to me. I certainly dont want to give up our Challenge.

Old 11-02-2000, 03:46 AM   #20
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

yeah NO WAY we give it up. I'm very attached to it actually.

I just read on the main forum that there were some bugs on FOF2K1 so as for now i still don't know if i'll dl tonight or wait until this WE that things get cleared a little...

If I decide to wait, then I can play Season 2010 tonight.
Anyways, are you guys ok for 10 days to complete 2 seasons ?

Subby is ok, what about the others ?
Old 11-02-2000, 07:07 AM   #21
WebEwbank
High School JV

Certainly, take your time, Darkiller. A new FOF only comes out, well, too rarely.

I got FOF2001 last night.

I'm open for continuing our VC on FOF2, and/or starting one on FOF2001. What do people think ?

I won't be naive enough to ask if you guys are goinna buy it...
Old 11-02-2000, 08:53 AM   #22
TheRoyalOne

I'm very willing to continue our Browns, I want to lead Davies threw is final years, but go ahead stretch it to 10 days.

I'm also interested in starting the first FOF2001 Village Challenge. So far the game seems MUCH harder, no multiyear deals to FAs once the season starts, much harder to renegotiate. The Draft has very few stars, as well as the game in general the players seem to be rated lower. The first pick of my first draft was NOT a WR, in fact a WR wasn't picked until #5! You can divide playing time out, more stats, the record book now shows the top 100 instead of 10. Sadly no more Team Records and I'm not yet sure rather or not there is a Team Hall of Fame. So far I love the new game with only a few minor set backs but definately an improvement. I've yet to see a bug, but I don't like the scroll bars at all
Old 11-02-2000, 09:58 AM   #23
Syrinx
H.S. Freshman Team

Thumbs up

I'm fine on giving you a few more days.

I also say H*ll Yeah on keeping our challange alive!! I may not play much more FOF2 aside from the challange, but this has been great!

Long live the Browns... Davies and Sheen are HOF bound, no doubt about it.
I noticed (particularly early in the year) that Sheen's carries per game where way down... He had sub-100 yard games, but was carrying less then 20 times... he was averaging over 5 yards per carry. Give him the ball a little more and, more often then not, he'll get you the yardage!
Oh and by the way... CONGRATS on the Bowl win!!!
Old 11-02-2000, 10:47 AM   #24
Subby
lolzcat

You know - when we start this bad boy up as a Village Challenge on FOF2K1, I wouldnt be above sending around an excel spreadsheet to keep record of our team records - we could just include it in the Zip file - what do you guys think?

Old 11-02-2000, 11:30 AM   #25
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

It's a very good idea Subby...
i'm all for it.

Syrinx, could you please email me a copy of our VCII rules ?
I don't have it anymore and i'd like to post them on my FOF site.
thx

Old 11-02-2000, 11:52 AM   #26
TheRoyalOne

Definately be doing an excel spreadsheet for all my careers. I'm think of starting a thread for a 2001 challenge but I want to know who here wants to do that too. Plus, do we use the allocation draft or not?
Old 11-02-2000, 12:00 PM   #27
Subby
lolzcat

Let's put this Challenge to bed first...I don't think my marriage can handle multiple challenges

Old 11-02-2000, 12:47 PM   #28
TheRoyalOne

Problem is, what do you consider "putting to bed"? I figure if I can coach them all night, then they can play all night too.
Old 11-03-2000, 04:50 AM   #29
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

Exclamation

all right i've advanced pretty well yesterday night.
I haven't dled FOF2K1 yet (probably tonight)so i went on to do the entire off-season w/ Free-Agency and Draft and Training camp.

i'm all set up for the games.
Expect my report by tomorow.

GO Browns in 2010 !
(hopefully, we'll win a 2nd SB in a row.)

[This message has been edited by Darkiller (edited 11-03-2000).]
Old 11-03-2000, 06:56 AM   #30
Syrinx
H.S. Freshman Team

Thumbs up

Let's see if we can get our first repeat!

My feelings on continuing the challange are: Full steam ahead!
I have 2K1 installed, and have 2 different seasons I'm running. Plenty to do there without adding any challanges yet. So I'd like to keep this one going as long as possible (at least past the possible Hall induction of our current keepers).

If people want to drop out to focus on 2K1, we can probabably get others to join a good old FOF2 game. I figure that since I will only play this carreer 1 week out of 5, that's plenty of down time to play 2K1.

Just my $0.02
Old 11-03-2000, 07:03 AM   #31
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

definitely Syrinx.

Obviously everyone here wants to continue and it's great.
I feel we're a team all of us and the VCII has really been something awesome for me since we started it.
As u said, playing it 1 Week out of 5 will not kill anyone's FOF2K1 time...
And FOF2 is STILL a great game (forever).

Old 11-03-2000, 08:17 AM   #32
Subby
lolzcat

3 Bowls in our first 11 years!

Hell yes we should stick with this challenge. We've got a great mix of GMs - I don't want to lose that - hopefully no one will drop out...

Old 11-03-2000, 12:22 PM   #33
WebEwbank
High School JV

Affirmative.

Let's continue this challenge for sure.

I'm also open to a FOF2001 challenge, but it might make sense to wait a month or so to get the hang of it, see what patches come out, if any, etc..

I'm also very open to the competition I think Subby suggested, where we all tkae the same initial base team and GM it through a few decades, then compare results.

This is, uh, a lot of fun...
Old 11-04-2000, 08:14 AM   #34
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

Exclamation

Village Challenge II

Season 2010

For 2009 :
Team Performance : 100/100
Profit Loss : 62/100

YEAR END SCORE : 86

Troy Aikman and Ben Coates are inducted in the Hall of Fame.

FB Edwin Bednarik and DE Jason Taylor retired. Both have been valuable contributors and Bednarik (drafted in the 2nd round in 2000) has been a starter for us for 9 years before being replaced last season in the starting lineup by Chester Tindale.
LB Freddie Kobeski (injured last season with a broken angle) is still out for 3-5 weeks.

40 players are already signed for 2010 and 3 starters are FAs.
We place the franchise tag on TE Ronald Stark, a starter for us for the past 10 years and still a great blocker/receiver.

Trades proposals :
The Cowboys propose T Leland Bonham + 2nd round pick for S Lincoln Wright.
The Broncos propose LB Ernest Strong + 1st round pick (22th) for DT B.J Mudgett.
The 49ers propode TE Jake Montgomery + 1st round pick (10th) for RB Donnie Sheen.
All are rejected.

I renegociated 3/4 year extension deals to many players including our stars Davies, Sheen, Mudgett.
Guys on the team were very willing to renegociate -probably since we just won a SuperBowl last year and they feel they have the oportunity to flourish within the NFL's best team- and that was a great surprise to me.
Also, we have been able to resign backup QB Bucky Chapman until 2012 (he was UFA this year and unhappy not to play). His current estimation is 58 (good) with a potential at 86 (excellent).
It's certainly good to have him with us in case something happens to Davies.

We enter Free-Agency with $26,010,000 under the cap.
We badly need some help at DE.
Once again we can't find what we want at that position and we lose both Centers Jeff Smith and his backup Connell to Free-Agency. Smith was a 10 year starter at center and Connel didn't want to sign with us, he wanted to be traded.
Also, former 1st rounder LB Leon Rooser (10th overall in 2001) left for archrival Jacksonville and a lucrative contract.
His loss is not that much of a shame since he his now a 10 year veteran and we have a lot of very good young LB on the team.
Else from that, the good news is that we've been able to resign all of our other FAs so cohesion shouldn't be hurt too much.

Trade offers for Raleig Roundtree and B.J mudgett are both rejected.

The 2009 NFL Draft :

during the draft we trade our two 3rd round picks + next year's 1st rounder + CB Chuck Coleman for promising DE Timothy Burnim (86/81/90 - 2nd overall pick in 2005 draft) from KC Chiefs.
We were already set at CB with Carr, Ferderer, Dawson and McElroy. We'll try to regain next year's 1st rounder later on...

We now trade with the New York Giants (who held the n°1 pick this year as they had at 2-14 the worst record in the NFL last year) giving them our two 2nd rounders + our 4th rounder in exchange of their 2011 1st round pick.
(Royal, you're safe )
Hopefully the Giants won't improve that much right away so we could end up with a very early selection in the draft next year...

2010 Draft Report:

Rnd 1 - Mel Chin, FB, Michigan State (46/100 37/78 84 39/96 22/58 46/98 92 79 100)
Rnd 5 - Xavier Bauer, CB, North Carolina (22/56 28/62 60)
Rnd 7 - Renaldo Finch, C, Ohio State (8/19 30/55 25)

We then trade with the Lions our 6th G Oscar Barlow (15/22 22/33 24) for their 2nd string Center Deion Parrish (23/55 25/61 65), a rookie picked in the 2nd round this year.
Parrish is fine for being a backup Center. We still don't have a a starter at the position.

MEGA TRADE !
Desperate to find a great Center since long time starter Jeff Smith left during Free Agency, we look for trading. Without a proven Center, no way, Blaine Davies will be well protected and no way Donnie Sheen will run at will.
We go see the Washington Redskins and enquire about C Dexter Galyon (99/100/100), considered by the scouts as, simply, the best Center in all of Pro Football.
We propose our backup QB Bucky Chapman.
the Redskins agree since their were themselves desperate for a good QB.

We then release Rookie Center Renaldo Finch (7th rounder).

Huge trade as we come back with the best Center of all but we let go a promising young backup QB.
We look in the Free-agent pool and surprisingly see QB Bart LaChapelle (2007 All-League 2nd team QB) and a 3 year starter for the Redskins there.
LaChapelle has very good ratings but was let go since he missed 18 games over the last 2 years.
Obviously his durability is a factor but as a backup he should be perfect.
With his ratings, he can probably be considered the best backup QB in the NFL right now.
We are lucky to have him since he's a grade upgrade to Chapman.

LaChapelle (79/89 71/82 81/96 85/92 90/99 87 69/80 69/82 91 100)
7 year veteran, one time All-League QB.
Our scouting department rate him currently at 78 (very good) with a potential at 86 (excellent)

in comparisons, Davies' current ratings : (94 93 92 85 91 100 85 81 88 84)
Current estimation : 92 (excellent), future estimation : 96 (excellent)

Trades :
The Seahawks offer a 2nd rounder for starting FB Tindale.
Rams offer a 4th rounder + G Leon Flowers for newly acquired C Dexter Galyon,
The Raiders propose a 1st rounder + FB Kyle Pathon for Browns sack leader Matt Champion.
All trades are rejected.

We are just $5,890,000 under the cap at the start of the pre-season

We sell 70,300 tickets out of 70,300. (!)

The Browns are "worth" $851,810,000 (1st NFL)
Stadium (44)
Roster (100)
Support (99)
Economy (54)

Pre-season :

We finish the preseason 3-1
Actually 3rd string QB Donovan Hemphill had a very fine Pre-season and outplayed backup Bart LaChapelle. Still LaChapelle is clearly a more talented QB and has much more experience so he definitely remains the n°2 QB.
Unfortunately we have a major injury as N°1 receiver Harvey Wallace has broken ribs and is out for 2/3 months. Bad luck, he was already hampered by injuries throughout last season and here we're not even sure of being able to bringing him back late in the season.
Last year, Wallace caught 52 passes for 799 yards and 8 TDs.
We will now rely on B.J Bushon and SuperBowl MVP Willie Woodson as our two starting WRs.

Last year's SuperBowl title in still in the memories but are clearly looking to bring home a 2nd world championship in a row.
This will be difficult though because we start the season with 5 staight road games !

Roster Cohesion :

passing (84)
Off Line (93)
Deff front (83)
secondary (72)

regular season 2010 starts :

Week 1 Browns @ Bucanneers (Bucs were 10-6 last year) - 1pt fav : W 35-20
A very good season opener for the Browns against a tough and physical Bucs team. The offense looks as good as ever with a trio of QB/RB/WR where each posted great stats and the defense also looked much better than at anytime during last season. We led this game from A to Z and that was a real satisfaction to see a chemistry like that early in the season.
Davies 20/32 295 yards 3 TDs 1 INT
Sheen 28 for 138 yards 1 TD
Carlson 8 catches for 138 yards 2 TDs
Quinn and Ferderer each had an interception, Champion had 2 sacks and Burnim 1.5 sacks.

Gus McElroy, CB - Bruised Sternum, full strength in 3-5 Weeks
but good news for WR Harvey Wallace whose injury heals faster than expected. He's now been upgraded from Out (2-3 months) to doubtful (3-5 weeks).

Week 2 Browns (1-0) @ Bears (1-0) - 3pt fav : W 29-23 OT
A strange game has we blow a big lead to finally win the game in overtime. Davies threw a lot of passes in the first half but few were completed. Sheen, as well had a sub-par game. Still we start off the season 2-0.
Davies 25/49 280 yards 1 TD 2 INTs
Sheen 14 for 40 yards 1 TD
Woodson 7 catches for 71 yards 1 TD
Duke and Mudgett both had 1 sack and Champion had 2.

3rd string RB Tom Battle has a broken Tibia, he's out long term and placed on IR. We then sign FA RB R.J Hogendoorn (4year Vet who played the last two years at Charlottesville).

Week 3 Browns (2-0) @ Jaguars (2-0) - 1pt fav : W 14-13
a defensive struggle.
We lead 14-0 before seeing the Jaguars coming back behing QB Stamm. With less than 3 minutes to play in the 4th quarter, Jacksonville is stopped on our 23 yard line and has to settle for a FG. They made it and come back 14-13 with just over 2 minutes to go. The Browns go 3 and out and the Jags have the ball back on their own 38 with 2 minutes to play, they just need to advance to FG range to win the game...but Stamm is intercepted for the 2nd time in the afternoon and we can hold on to the win.
Davies 12/28 165 yards 2 TDs 1 INT
Sheen 15 for 122 yards
Woodson 3 catches for 53 yards 2 TDs
Quinn had 2 interceptions ! and Champion added another 1.5 sacks to his season total. Carr also had 1 sack.

At 3-0 after three (road) games, we currently own sole first place in the AFC Central are just one of three NFL teams still undefeated (Jets and Cowboys being the others). The Power Ranking system ranks us first in the NFL at 95.

Week 4 Browns (3-0) @ Titans (1-2) - 7pt fav : W 27-14
Just another game where it took us a little more than a quarter to feel good before steamrolling peacefully to yet another important road victory against a division foe.
The defense seems to carry us more than the offense so far. Clearly, right now, we can see an improvement on defense compared to last year.
Davies 16/35 191 yards 2 TDs 1 INT
Sheen 25 for 71 yards
Woodson 4 catches for 53 yards 1 TD
Quinn and Dawson each had an interception and Mudgett had 1 sack.

LB All O'Donnel has a turf toe and is questionnable (3-5 weeks)

Week 5 Browns (4-0) @ Steelers (0-4) - 13pt fav : W 17-13
ugly win. Once again the offense can't move and doesn't really produce. I'm a bit concerned there even though we're still undefeated at 5-0. In this game, it is not until with 6 minutes left to play in the game that QB Blaine Davies runs for a score to give us the win.
Davies 16/23 159 yards 1 INT
sheen 15 for 86 yards 1 TD
Bushon 4 catches for 42 yards
Carr and Swift both had 1 interception; Burnim had 2 sacks and Champion & West each had 1 sack.

S Lincoln Wright has stretched Knee Ligament and is listed as doubtful for sunday's game. We decide to keep him out so that he doesn't re-aggravate his injury. The season is long and he's our best safety.
The good news is, after 5 games on the road, we are 5-0 !

Week 6 Browns (5-0) Vs Titans (2-3) - 10pt fav : L 9-26
Awful loss and for yet another week, Davies and the offensive squad have gone nowhere. Down 0-14 early in the game, we were never in position to come back to the score or anything. Our "season-opener" is a disaster as we lost a lot of credibility today.
I must say i'm very worried about Davies' play so far : the 12 year vet is playing his worst football ever (statistically speaking because else, he still led the team to a 5-1 record). His current Rating of 69,3 is so far the worst of his career.
Davies 13/35 213 yards 1 TD 2 INTs
Sheen 18 for 74 yards
Stark 2 catches for 54 yards
quinn had an interception; Mudgett, Champion and Burnim each had a sack.

Dustin Maloney, DT - Broken Foot, full strength in 2-3 Months

Week 7 Browns (5-1) Vs Dolphins (1-4) - 14pt fav : W 42-3 !
Just when it seemed some people were ready to write Davies off, he responds whith his best statistical game in 2 years and is named NFL offensive player of the week !
The Dolphins scored a field goal on the last play of the game, else it would have been a total shut-out. Instead we have a crushing pancake win. Our most convincing game of the year. For once, the offense rolled, thanks to Blaine's great game.
Davies 18/22 225 yards 4 TDs 0 INT
sheen 13 for 42 yards
Wallace 6 catches for 56 yards 2 TDs (his first full game since being injured in pre-season)
Carr and Swift both have had an interception, Pieper had 1 sack

Blaine Davies is now the NFL's All-Time leader in TD passes (267) !!!
B.J Carr is now the Browns' all-time leader in interceptions (29)

Week 8 Browns (6-1) Vs Jaguars (6-1) - 4pt fav : W 23-17
We take an early 14-0 lead but the Jags come back. After leading 17-14, they -again- tie the score with a FG and the battle is tough in the middle of the field as no team seem to be able to get past the opponent's 40 yard line.
Finally, Sheen breaks free for a 35 yard run that sets up the all important win (we sweep the series) that gives us the edge in the Division.
Davies 13/26 192 yards 1 INT
Sheen 18 for 145 yards 1 TD
Bushon 4 catches for 44 yards
quinn 2 interceptions
West had 2 sacks; Mudgett, Champion and Burnim each had 1 sack.

Mid-Season Report :

Injuries :
Lincoln Wright, S - Stretched Knee Ligament, full strength in 0-2 Weeks
Tom Battle, RB - Broken Tibia, full strength in 2-3 Months
R.J. Hogendoorn, RB - Concussion, full strength in 0-2 Weeks
Dustin Maloney, DT - Broken Foot, full strength in 3-5 Weeks

No really devasting injuries so far, we have been lucky and -with the play of our defense- this is certainly a reason why we have won 7 games out of 8.

Davies : 53.2% comp 1720 yards (5th) 13 TDs (2nd) 9 INTs Rating : 77,4 (16th)
Sheen : 146 attempts for 718 yards (2nd) 4.9yards/c 4 TDs
Woodson : 27 catches for 360 yards 13,3yards/c 7 TDs
West : 40 tackles
Champion : 8.5 sacks (3rd NFL) -already tied last season's total that led the team-
J.R Quinn : 7 interceptions ! (1st NFL) -along with 34 tackles-

It's a lot of pressure of being the defending champion but at 7-1 at mid-season, I couldn't have hoped for much more so i'm glad of where we are.
The defense has really step up and Champion and Quinn are fabulous so far.
Offensively speaking, Davies has highs and lows for the moment but he is still an remarkable team leader as his record speaks for itself : the guy makes the right plays at the right time.
Sheen is quietly the n°2 ranked rusher...same old business for him

Week 9 Browns (7-1) @ Bengals (4-4) - 6pt fav : W 31-6
Awesome fantasy show..for the 2nd time in 3 weeks, QB Blaine Davies goes wild, firing 4 TD passes.
At the half, Davies already had 230 yards and 3 TDs...the game was already said and done.
Last year, we were battling to death with the Bengals for the AFC Central Title, this year though there will be no match with them.
Davies 29/46 354 yards 4 TDS 1 INT
Sheen 18 for 37 yards (it was clearly a passing day)
Wallace 9 catches for 125 yards 2 TDs
Quinn, Wright, Dawson and Swift EACH had an interception !
Pieper had 2 sacks and Champion had 1.5.

Week 10 : OPEN

Week 11 Browns (8-1) Vs Bengals (4-5) - 9pt fav : W 38-17
Not as easy as the score says : we are down 17-9 midway through the 3rd quarter and it takes a Davies-to-Wallace 9 yard TD pass and a two point conversion to tie the game at 17.
Then, we hold on to the win after we scored another TD to make it 24-17 but with 4 minutes left to play in the game, the Bengals have the ball...fumble, we recover. On the very next play Sheen breaks for a magnificient 54 yard TD run.
Then, in the dying seconds, Lincoln Wright intercepts the QB and returns it 90 yard for a TD !
Davies 24/46 271 yards 2 TDs 2 INTs
Sheen 16 for 86 yards 1 TD
Wallace 5 catches for 67 yards 2 TDs
Wright had 2 interceptions including 1 returned 90 yards for a TD

Week 12 Browns (9-1) Vs Ravens (1-9) - 14pt fav : W 31-24
We didn't look too good in the first half but things became much better after the halftime break.
Then we came back much more concentrated on our football and Davies found his receivers more often than not. The game was sealed at the end of the 3rd quarter and tough former Brown QB Sieh threw 2 TD passes in the 4th quarter, it wasn't enough to overcome the early deficit.
This is a tenth win for us and at 10-1 we, for now, have the best record in the NFL !
Davies 24/36 284 yards 2 TDs 0 INT
Sheen 20 for 66 yards 1 TD
Wallace 5 catches for 86 yards 1 TD
McElroy and Dawson each had an interception and McElroy's returned it 33 yards for a TD !
Champion had 1 sack.

B.J. Carr, CB - Sprained Neck, (questionnable 3-5 Weeks) is ruled out of next week's interconference game.

Week 13 Browns (10-1) Vs Lions (3-8) - 12pt fav : L 24-38
Too many errors, too many penalties. We can't win a football game like that, even against a losing team. Davies was sacked 6 times and fumbled twice in our own 20. Those plays resulted in 14 Lions points. Also, Davies was sacked in the endzone for a safety.
Else than that, penalties killed : way too many "offensive holdings", "false starts"...
Davies 18/34 284 yards 3 TDs 1 INT
Sheen 17 for 60 yards also 6 catches for 90 yards and 1 TD
Bushon 4 catches for 52 yards
Ferderer had an interception, Champion had 2 sacks and Burnim had one.

DT B.J. Mudgett has a sprained back : he is out (full strength in 2011). We'll see if he can play a bit during the playoffs. Right now he is placed on the inactive list.

Week 14 Browns (10-2) Vs Packers (6-6) - 8pt fav : W 33-27 OT
A WILD game, we take a 7-0 lead after a Sheen TD after our first drive of the game but the Packers seem to benefit from B.J Carr's absence in the lineup and QB Vince throws completed passes one after another. The Packers take a 17-7 lead and Vince had thrown for 215 yards at the half. The 3rd quarter is more defensive as we start stopping the Packers offense, only to score points in a great 4th quarter of football when both their offense/defense are tired. We tie the game at 27 apiece with a 57 yard field goal at the LAST SECOND ! we go in overtime.
then, the big play : Vince is intercepted on his own 34 and a couple of great Davies passes later, we have a 1 and goal at the 4. Davies fires his 3rd TD pass of the day to win the game.
Davies 20/33 284 yards 3 TDs 0 INT (3rd week in a row that he trows for exactly 284 yards !)
Sheen 11 for 98 yards 1 TD
Bushon 7 catches for 132 yards 1 TD
McElroy had an interception, Wright had 10 tackles.

Week 15 Browns (11-2) @ Ravens (2-11) - 7pt fav : L 13-38
as a matter of fact, we are killed by poor teams each time we play them...
the first half was a joke of football as Sieh fired 3 TDs and we were down 6-31 at the break.
Davies 12/35 119 yards (!) 2 TDs 1 INT
Sheen 14 for 86 yards
Carlson 3 catches for 34 yards
Quinn had 1 interception; Kobeski and Duke has 1 sack each.

terrible day indeed as we learn that our outstanding pass rusher Matt Champion broke his fibula and is out long term...in 14 games he had already tied his career best with 14 sacks (6th NFL).
Champion is placed on IR.
Over the last two games we lost Champion and Mudgett (probably) for the season. tough.

Also, our n°1 rated LB Phil West is doubtful with a dislocated shoulder.

Week 16 Browns (11-3) @ Patriots (7-7) - 3pt fav : L 17-37
for the first time this year we lose two in a row (3rd loss in 4 weeks.) The offense is terrible for the 2nd straigh week and the defense, so brilliant earlier this year, can't stop anyone now : we miss our defensive leaders (Champion, Mudgett etc.) very much.
Davies 12/26 159 yards 0 TD 2 INTs
Sheen 13 for 36 yards 1 TD
Woodson 6 catches for 80 yards
Dawson had 1 interception and Hixson had 1.5 sacks.

G Raleigh Rountree is out (full strength in 2011). yet another blow.

At 11-4 we still own the best record in the NFL. but nothing is secured with 1 game remaining in the regular season.

Week 17 Browns (11-4) Vs Steelers (3-12) - 8pt fav : W 34-20
We finish the regular season with a 12th win, one that makes us feel a lot better. The offense rolled this time and Davies,Sheen and Wallace all three had a great regular season finale.
Again, we were much better in the 2nd half.
Davies 22/36 292 yards 4 TDs 0 INT
Sheen 23 for 143 yards
Wallace 7 catches for 125 yards 1 TD
Ferderer and Dawson both had 1 interception

Another AFC Central title (1st time we the division two years in a row !)
We finish the regular season 12-4 (best record in the NFL) and so we have Homefield advantage during the playoffs.
Despite our somehow chaotic month of december, the defending champions are still there in the hunt...and unless someone beats us in the playoffs, we're still the favourites.

S J.R Quinn (3rd in the NFL with 9 interceptions) is out with a hip pointer...
It seems all our best players will be missing the post-season.

To be noted :
QB Blaine Davies had a much better 2nd half. He threw 33 TD passes this season (led the NFL and only QB with 30+ TDs) just one short of his career best of 34 TDs set in 2003.
Also with 3767 yards he is 3rd in the league.
So a very productive year indeed for him.

RB Donnie Sheen has 1330 yards (4.7yards/c his best average ever) and 8 TDs

Playoff teams :

AFC
Browns (12-4) -defending SuperBowl Champions-
Jets (11-5)
Raiders (9-7)
Titans (11-5)
Jaguars (10-6)
Spangles (9-7)

NFC
Bucanneers (10-6)
Cardinals (10-6)
Saints (9-7)
Vikings (10-6)
Bears (10-6)
Panthers (9-7) -defending NFC Champions-

Wild Card Week-end :
Panthers @ Saints 21-24
Bears @ Vikings 17-27
Jaguars @ Titans 29-0 (!)
Spangles @ Raiders 25-36

Divisional Playoffs :
Saints @ Cardinals 35-9
Vikings @ Bucanneers 3-35
Raiders @ Jets 14-27

Cleveland Browns (12-4) Vs Jacksonville Jaguars (11-6) -E : W 17-6
The game goes on fine. We control the score and the ball. but early in the 2nd quarter Davies is injured and backup QB LaChapelle comes in. LaChapelle has playoff experience and doesn't make a lot of mistakes keeping the score and bolting us to another AFC Championship game (5th in 6 years).
Davies 6/8 147 yards 1 TD 1 INT before Breaking his arm ! OUT FOR THE REST OF THE POSTSEASON !
Sheen 24 for 63 yards
Stark 6 catches for 57 yards 1 TD
Dawson and Hicks each had one interception
Hixson and Burnim each had 1 sack.

Championship Games

NFC Championship game : Saints (11-7) @ Bucanneers (11-6) : 30-17

AFC Championship game : Cleveland Browns (13-4) Vs Jets (12-5) - 1pt fav : W 38-21
Davies is out but Bart LaChapelle has a wonderful game and is the NFL offensive player of the week.
With Hall of Fame boud QB Blaine Davies out with a broken arm, LaChapelle stepped in and proved he could be a great QB in this league. Despite being down 10-14 at the half, the team played very solid and LaChapelle's passes put the game out of reach for the Jets.
For the 2nd straight year, the Browns will play on the SuperBowl : a repeat is still possible though we have tons of injured players at key positions.
Our leader Davies will be missed for the big game but if LaChapelle can play in the SuperBowl much as he did in the AFC title game, then we have a very good chance of winning.

SuperBowl 2010 AFC Champions Cleveland Browns Vs NFC Champions New Orleans Saints -2pts fav :
We take an early 14-0 lead at the end of the first quarter. LaChapelle seems to be as concentrated as last week but with just 3 minutes gone in the 2nd quarter, star RB Donnie Sheen is injured and has to leave the game; he will not return.
We found ourselves in a very strange situation leading 14-0 in a SuperBowl without Blaine Davies nor Donnie Sheen playing.
Clinton takes Sheen's role as the featured back and with LaChapelle they keep the score going. We now lead 17-14 after some "3-and-outs" let the Saints comeback in the game. But LaChapelle is not done and throws 2 more TD passes that, along with a couple of FG in the 4th quarter give us the win 37-20 !
Backup Safety Joseph Swift is the SuperBowl MVP.
What a strange game, a superbowl played with backups on offense and all of our best defensive players out as well. This proves that we can win with anybody because we have such a great team.
Bart LaChapelle 16/27 213 yards 3 TDs 1 INT
Clinton 22 for 67 yards
Wallace 5 catches for 44 yards
Bushon 3 catches for 101 yards 1 TD
Swift 1 interception returned 33 yards for a TD, Ferderer also had 1 interception
Burnim had 2 sacks and Hixson had 1.5.

WE REPEAT AS SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS !!!!!

also this marks our 3rd title in 4 years and 4th in 6 years !
this is a clearly a wonderful dynastie.

I'm glad to bring two SuperBowls in a row to our franchise.
Trading for LaChapelle was good, because we may have lost in the AFC title game if we still had had Chapman instead.
too bad that Davies and Sheen missed the SuperBowl but there is no question that THEY led US there thanks to great plays over the entire season.

Season Awards :

RB Donnie Sheen is NFL Most Valuable Player !
S Joseph Swift is SuperBowl MVP.
QB Blaine Davies is All-League 2nd team QB. (only Brown to be All-League this year...)

As incredible as it seems, S J.R Quinn and his 9 interceptions don't make him an All-League player !!! this is steal and we will complain to the NFL !
in place of Quinn, the four All-League Safeties have 10, 8, 4 and 4 interceptions !

Stats :
QB Blaine Davies 16/16 54,2% comp 3767 yards (3rd NFL) 33 TDs (1st NFL) 16 INTs Rating 84,2 (5th NFL)
RB Donnie Sheen 16/16 278 attempts for 1330 yards (7th NFL) 4,7yards/c 8 TDs (tied 13th NFL)
WR Willie Woodson 16/5 52 catches for 741 yards 13 TDs (1st NFL)
WR B.J Bushon 16/16 50 catches for 728 yards 3 TDs
WR Harvey Wallace 16/11 46 catches for 716 yards 9 TDs (tied 2nd NFL)

LB Rufus Duke 85 tackles
DE Matt Champion 14 sacks (9th NFL)
S J.R Quinn 9 interceptions (3rd NFL and NO PRO BOWL !)

Team Stats

Rushing offense : 130,8 yards/g (8th NFL)
Passing offense : 244,8 yards/g (4th NFL)

Rushing defense : 102,7 yards/g (3rd NFL) !!! great improvement from last season's 31st place.
Passing defense : 241 yards (31st NFL) ...one year it is the run, the other the pass.

Extra Notes :

With this 4th title, we are now the team that has won the more superbowls in NFL history.
Only team also to have appeared in 4 superbowls.
All-time regular season record of 125-67-0 (.651) is NFL's best.
19 post-season win is an NFL best as well.

This is over for me. I send the Univers folder to Royal for season 2011 !

BROWNS ARE BACK TO BACK WORLD CHAMPIONS 2009 & 2010 !!!!

GOOOO BROWNS in 2011 !!!! let's make it an unprecedented 3-peat
Old 11-04-2000, 08:37 AM   #35
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

Village Challenge II

Season 2010

For 2009 :
Team Performance : 100/100
Profit Loss : 62/100

YEAR END SCORE : 86

Troy Aikman and Ben Coates are inducted in the Hall of Fame.

FB Edwin Bednarik and DE Jason Taylor retired. Both have been valuable contributors and Bednarik (drafted in the 2nd round in 2000) has been a starter for us for 9 years before being replaced last season in the starting lineup by Chester Tindale.
LB Freddie Kobeski (injured last season with a broken angle) is still out for 3-5 weeks.

40 players are already signed for 2010 and 3 starters are FAs.
We place the franchise tag on TE Ronald Stark, a starter for us for the past 10 years and still a great blocker/receiver.

Trades proposals :
The Cowboys propose T Leland Bonham + 2nd round pick for S Lincoln Wright.
The Broncos propose LB Ernest Strong + 1st round pick (22th) for DT B.J Mudgett.
The 49ers propode TE Jake Montgomery + 1st round pick (10th) for RB Donnie Sheen.
All are rejected.

I renegociated 3/4 year extension deals to many players including our stars Davies, Sheen, Mudgett.
Guys on the team were very willing to renegociate -probably since we just won a SuperBowl last year and they feel they have the oportunity to flourish within the NFL's best team- and that was a great surprise to me.
Also, we have been able to resign backup QB Bucky Chapman until 2012 (he was UFA this year and unhappy not to play). His current estimation is 58 (good) with a potential at 86 (excellent).
It's certainly good to have him with us in case something happens to Davies.

We enter Free-Agency with $26,010,000 under the cap.
We badly need some help at DE.
Once again we can't find what we want at that position and we lose both Centers Jeff Smith and his backup Connell to Free-Agency. Smith was a 10 year starter at center and Connel didn't want to sign with us, he wanted to be traded.
Also, former 1st rounder LB Leon Rooser (10th overall in 2001) left for archrival Jacksonville and a lucrative contract.
His loss is not that much of a shame since he his now a 10 year veteran and we have a lot of very good young LB on the team.
Else from that, the good news is that we've been able to resign all of our other FAs so cohesion shouldn't be hurt too much.

Trade offers for Raleig Roundtree and B.J mudgett are both rejected.

The 2009 NFL Draft :

during the draft we trade our two 3rd round picks + next year's 1st rounder + CB Chuck Coleman for promising DE Timothy Burnim (86/81/90 - 2nd overall pick in 2005 draft) from KC Chiefs.
We were already set at CB with Carr, Ferderer, Dawson and McElroy. We'll try to regain next year's 1st rounder later on...

We now trade with the New York Giants (who held the n°1 pick this year as they had at 2-14 the worst record in the NFL last year) giving them our two 2nd rounders + our 4th rounder in exchange of their 2011 1st round pick.
(Royal, you're safe )
Hopefully the Giants won't improve that much right away so we could end up with a very early selection in the draft next year...

2010 Draft Report:

Rnd 1 - Mel Chin, FB, Michigan State (46/100 37/78 84 39/96 22/58 46/98 92 79 100)
Rnd 5 - Xavier Bauer, CB, North Carolina (22/56 28/62 60)
Rnd 7 - Renaldo Finch, C, Ohio State (8/19 30/55 25)

We then trade with the Lions our 6th G Oscar Barlow (15/22 22/33 24) for their 2nd string Center Deion Parrish (23/55 25/61 65), a rookie picked in the 2nd round this year.
Parrish is fine for being a backup Center. We still don't have a a starter at the position.

MEGA TRADE !
Desperate to find a great Center since long time starter Jeff Smith left during Free Agency, we look for trading. Without a proven Center, no way, Blaine Davies will be well protected and no way Donnie Sheen will run at will.
We go see the Washington Redskins and enquire about C Dexter Galyon (99/100/100), considered by the scouts as, simply, the best Center in all of Pro Football.
We propose our backup QB Bucky Chapman.
the Redskins agree since their were themselves desperate for a good QB.

We then release Rookie Center Renaldo Finch (7th rounder).

Huge trade as we come back with the best Center of all but we let go a promising young backup QB.
We look in the Free-agent pool and surprisingly see QB Bart LaChapelle (2007 All-League 2nd team QB) and a 3 year starter for the Redskins there.
LaChapelle has very good ratings but was let go since he missed 18 games over the last 2 years.
Obviously his durability is a factor but as a backup he should be perfect.
With his ratings, he can probably be considered the best backup QB in the NFL right now.
We are lucky to have him since he's a grade upgrade to Chapman.

LaChapelle (79/89 71/82 81/96 85/92 90/99 87 69/80 69/82 91 100)
7 year veteran, one time All-League QB.
Our scouting department rate him currently at 78 (very good) with a potential at 86 (excellent)

in comparisons, Davies' current ratings : (94 93 92 85 91 100 85 81 88 84)
Current estimation : 92 (excellent), future estimation : 96 (excellent)

Trades :
The Seahawks offer a 2nd rounder for starting FB Tindale.
Rams offer a 4th rounder + G Leon Flowers for newly acquired C Dexter Galyon,
The Raiders propose a 1st rounder + FB Kyle Pathon for Browns sack leader Matt Champion.
All trades are rejected.

We are just $5,890,000 under the cap at the start of the pre-season

We sell 70,300 tickets out of 70,300. (!)

The Browns are "worth" $851,810,000 (1st NFL)
Stadium (44)
Roster (100)
Support (99)
Economy (54)

Pre-season :

We finish the preseason 3-1
Actually 3rd string QB Donovan Hemphill had a very fine Pre-season and outplayed backup Bart LaChapelle. Still LaChapelle is clearly a more talented QB and has much more experience so he definitely remains the n°2 QB.
Unfortunately we have a major injury as N°1 receiver Harvey Wallace has broken ribs and is out for 2/3 months. Bad luck, he was already hampered by injuries throughout last season and here we're not even sure of being able to bringing him back late in the season.
Last year, Wallace caught 52 passes for 799 yards and 8 TDs.
We will now rely on B.J Bushon and SuperBowl MVP Willie Woodson as our two starting WRs.

Last year's SuperBowl title in still in the memories but are clearly looking to bring home a 2nd world championship in a row.
This will be difficult though because we start the season with 5 staight road games !

Roster Cohesion :

passing (84)
Off Line (93)
Deff front (83)
secondary (72)

regular season 2010 starts :

Week 1 Browns @ Bucanneers (Bucs were 10-6 last year) - 1pt fav : W 35-20
A very good season opener for the Browns against a tough and physical Bucs team. The offense looks as good as ever with a trio of QB/RB/WR where each posted great stats and the defense also looked much better than at anytime during last season. We led this game from A to Z and that was a real satisfaction to see a chemistry like that early in the season.
Davies 20/32 295 yards 3 TDs 1 INT
Sheen 28 for 138 yards 1 TD
Carlson 8 catches for 138 yards 2 TDs
Quinn and Ferderer each had an interception, Champion had 2 sacks and Burnim 1.5 sacks.

Gus McElroy, CB - Bruised Sternum, full strength in 3-5 Weeks
but good news for WR Harvey Wallace whose injury heals faster than expected. He's now been upgraded from Out (2-3 months) to doubtful (3-5 weeks).

Week 2 Browns (1-0) @ Bears (1-0) - 3pt fav : W 29-23 OT
A strange game has we blow a big lead to finally win the game in overtime. Davies threw a lot of passes in the first half but few were completed. Sheen, as well had a sub-par game. Still we start off the season 2-0.
Davies 25/49 280 yards 1 TD 2 INTs
Sheen 14 for 40 yards 1 TD
Woodson 7 catches for 71 yards 1 TD
Duke and Mudgett both had 1 sack and Champion had 2.

3rd string RB Tom Battle has a broken Tibia, he's out long term and placed on IR. We then sign FA RB R.J Hogendoorn (4year Vet who played the last two years at Charlottesville).

Week 3 Browns (2-0) @ Jaguars (2-0) - 1pt fav : W 14-13
a defensive struggle.
We lead 14-0 before seeing the Jaguars coming back behing QB Stamm. With less than 3 minutes to play in the 4th quarter, Jacksonville is stopped on our 23 yard line and has to settle for a FG. They made it and come back 14-13 with just over 2 minutes to go. The Browns go 3 and out and the Jags have the ball back on their own 38 with 2 minutes to play, they just need to advance to FG range to win the game...but Stamm is intercepted for the 2nd time in the afternoon and we can hold on to the win.
Davies 12/28 165 yards 2 TDs 1 INT
Sheen 15 for 122 yards
Woodson 3 catches for 53 yards 2 TDs
Quinn had 2 interceptions ! and Champion added another 1.5 sacks to his season total. Carr also had 1 sack.

At 3-0 after three (road) games, we currently own sole first place in the AFC Central are just one of three NFL teams still undefeated (Jets and Cowboys being the others). The Power Ranking system ranks us first in the NFL at 95.

Week 4 Browns (3-0) @ Titans (1-2) - 7pt fav : W 27-14
Just another game where it took us a little more than a quarter to feel good before steamrolling peacefully to yet another important road victory against a division foe.
The defense seems to carry us more than the offense so far. Clearly, right now, we can see an improvement on defense compared to last year.
Davies 16/35 191 yards 2 TDs 1 INT
Sheen 25 for 71 yards
Woodson 4 catches for 53 yards 1 TD
Quinn and Dawson each had an interception and Mudgett had 1 sack.

LB All O'Donnel has a turf toe and is questionnable (3-5 weeks)

Week 5 Browns (4-0) @ Steelers (0-4) - 13pt fav : W 17-13
ugly win. Once again the offense can't move and doesn't really produce. I'm a bit concerned there even though we're still undefeated at 5-0. In this game, it is not until with 6 minutes left to play in the game that QB Blaine Davies runs for a score to give us the win.
Davies 16/23 159 yards 1 INT
sheen 15 for 86 yards 1 TD
Bushon 4 catches for 42 yards
Carr and Swift both had 1 interception; Burnim had 2 sacks and Champion & West each had 1 sack.

S Lincoln Wright has stretched Knee Ligament and is listed as doubtful for sunday's game. We decide to keep him out so that he doesn't re-aggravate his injury. The season is long and he's our best safety.
The good news is, after 5 games on the road, we are 5-0 !

Week 6 Browns (5-0) Vs Titans (2-3) - 10pt fav : L 9-26
Awful loss and for yet another week, Davies and the offensive squad have gone nowhere. Down 0-14 early in the game, we were never in position to come back to the score or anything. Our "season-opener" is a disaster as we lost a lot of credibility today.
I must say i'm very worried about Davies' play so far : the 12 year vet is playing his worst football ever (statistically speaking because else, he still led the team to a 5-1 record). His current Rating of 69,3 is so far the worst of his career.
Davies 13/35 213 yards 1 TD 2 INTs
Sheen 18 for 74 yards
Stark 2 catches for 54 yards
quinn had an interception; Mudgett, Champion and Burnim each had a sack.

Dustin Maloney, DT - Broken Foot, full strength in 2-3 Months

Week 7 Browns (5-1) Vs Dolphins (1-4) - 14pt fav : W 42-3 !
Just when it seemed some people were ready to write Davies off, he responds whith his best statistical game in 2 years and is named NFL offensive player of the week !
The Dolphins scored a field goal on the last play of the game, else it would have been a total shut-out. Instead we have a crushing pancake win. Our most convincing game of the year. For once, the offense rolled, thanks to Blaine's great game.
Davies 18/22 225 yards 4 TDs 0 INT
sheen 13 for 42 yards
Wallace 6 catches for 56 yards 2 TDs (his first full game since being injured in pre-season)
Carr and Swift both have had an interception, Pieper had 1 sack

Blaine Davies is now the NFL's All-Time leader in TD passes (267) !!!
B.J Carr is now the Browns' all-time leader in interceptions (29)

Week 8 Browns (6-1) Vs Jaguars (6-1) - 4pt fav : W 23-17
We take an early 14-0 lead but the Jags come back. After leading 17-14, they -again- tie the score with a FG and the battle is tough in the middle of the field as no team seem to be able to get past the opponent's 40 yard line.
Finally, Sheen breaks free for a 35 yard run that sets up the all important win (we sweep the series) that gives us the edge in the Division.
Davies 13/26 192 yards 1 INT
Sheen 18 for 145 yards 1 TD
Bushon 4 catches for 44 yards
quinn 2 interceptions
West had 2 sacks; Mudgett, Champion and Burnim each had 1 sack.

Mid-Season Report :

Injuries :
Lincoln Wright, S - Stretched Knee Ligament, full strength in 0-2 Weeks
Tom Battle, RB - Broken Tibia, full strength in 2-3 Months
R.J. Hogendoorn, RB - Concussion, full strength in 0-2 Weeks
Dustin Maloney, DT - Broken Foot, full strength in 3-5 Weeks

No really devasting injuries so far, we have been lucky and -with the play of our defense- this is certainly a reason why we have won 7 games out of 8.

Davies : 53.2% comp 1720 yards (5th) 13 TDs (2nd) 9 INTs Rating : 77,4 (16th)
Sheen : 146 attempts for 718 yards (2nd) 4.9yards/c 4 TDs
Woodson : 27 catches for 360 yards 13,3yards/c 7 TDs
West : 40 tackles
Champion : 8.5 sacks (3rd NFL) -already tied last season's total that led the team-
J.R Quinn : 7 interceptions ! (1st NFL) -along with 34 tackles-

It's a lot of pressure of being the defending champion but at 7-1 at mid-season, I couldn't have hoped for much more so i'm glad of where we are.
The defense has really step up and Champion and Quinn are fabulous so far.
Offensively speaking, Davies has highs and lows for the moment but he is still an remarkable team leader as his record speaks for itself : the guy makes the right plays at the right time.
Sheen is quietly the n°2 ranked rusher...same old business for him

Week 9 Browns (7-1) @ Bengals (4-4) - 6pt fav : W 31-6
Awesome fantasy show..for the 2nd time in 3 weeks, QB Blaine Davies goes wild, firing 4 TD passes.
At the half, Davies already had 230 yards and 3 TDs...the game was already said and done.
Last year, we were battling to death with the Bengals for the AFC Central Title, this year though there will be no match with them.
Davies 29/46 354 yards 4 TDS 1 INT
Sheen 18 for 37 yards (it was clearly a passing day)
Wallace 9 catches for 125 yards 2 TDs
Quinn, Wright, Dawson and Swift EACH had an interception !
Pieper had 2 sacks and Champion had 1.5.

Week 10 : OPEN

Week 11 Browns (8-1) Vs Bengals (4-5) - 9pt fav : W 38-17
Not as easy as the score says : we are down 17-9 midway through the 3rd quarter and it takes a Davies-to-Wallace 9 yard TD pass and a two point conversion to tie the game at 17.
Then, we hold on to the win after we scored another TD to make it 24-17 but with 4 minutes left to play in the game, the Bengals have the ball...fumble, we recover. On the very next play Sheen breaks for a magnificient 54 yard TD run.
Then, in the dying seconds, Lincoln Wright intercepts the QB and returns it 90 yard for a TD !
Davies 24/46 271 yards 2 TDs 2 INTs
Sheen 16 for 86 yards 1 TD
Wallace 5 catches for 67 yards 2 TDs
Wright had 2 interceptions including 1 returned 90 yards for a TD

Week 12 Browns (9-1) Vs Ravens (1-9) - 14pt fav : W 31-24
We didn't look too good in the first half but things became much better after the halftime break.
Then we came back much more concentrated on our football and Davies found his receivers more often than not. The game was sealed at the end of the 3rd quarter and tough former Brown QB Sieh threw 2 TD passes in the 4th quarter, it wasn't enough to overcome the early deficit.
This is a tenth win for us and at 10-1 we, for now, have the best record in the NFL !
Davies 24/36 284 yards 2 TDs 0 INT
Sheen 20 for 66 yards 1 TD
Wallace 5 catches for 86 yards 1 TD
McElroy and Dawson each had an interception and McElroy's returned it 33 yards for a TD !
Champion had 1 sack.

B.J. Carr, CB - Sprained Neck, (questionnable 3-5 Weeks) is ruled out of next week's interconference game.

Week 13 Browns (10-1) Vs Lions (3-8) - 12pt fav : L 24-38
Too many errors, too many penalties. We can't win a football game like that, even against a losing team. Davies was sacked 6 times and fumbled twice in our own 20. Those plays resulted in 14 Lions points. Also, Davies was sacked in the endzone for a safety.
Else than that, penalties killed : way too many "offensive holdings", "false starts"...
Davies 18/34 284 yards 3 TDs 1 INT
Sheen 17 for 60 yards also 6 catches for 90 yards and 1 TD
Bushon 4 catches for 52 yards
Ferderer had an interception, Champion had 2 sacks and Burnim had one.

DT B.J. Mudgett has a sprained back : he is out (full strength in 2011). We'll see if he can play a bit during the playoffs. Right now he is placed on the inactive list.

Week 14 Browns (10-2) Vs Packers (6-6) - 8pt fav : W 33-27 OT
A WILD game, we take a 7-0 lead after a Sheen TD after our first drive of the game but the Packers seem to benefit from B.J Carr's absence in the lineup and QB Vince throws completed passes one after another. The Packers take a 17-7 lead and Vince had thrown for 215 yards at the half. The 3rd quarter is more defensive as we start stopping the Packers offense, only to score points in a great 4th quarter of football when both their offense/defense are tired. We tie the game at 27 apiece with a 57 yard field goal at the LAST SECOND ! we go in overtime.
then, the big play : Vince is intercepted on his own 34 and a couple of great Davies passes later, we have a 1 and goal at the 4. Davies fires his 3rd TD pass of the day to win the game.
Davies 20/33 284 yards 3 TDs 0 INT (3rd week in a row that he trows for exactly 284 yards !)
Sheen 11 for 98 yards 1 TD
Bushon 7 catches for 132 yards 1 TD
McElroy had an interception, Wright had 10 tackles.

Week 15 Browns (11-2) @ Ravens (2-11) - 7pt fav : L 13-38
as a matter of fact, we are killed by poor teams each time we play them...
the first half was a joke of football as Sieh fired 3 TDs and we were down 6-31 at the break.
Davies 12/35 119 yards (!) 2 TDs 1 INT
Sheen 14 for 86 yards
Carlson 3 catches for 34 yards
Quinn had 1 interception; Kobeski and Duke has 1 sack each.

terrible day indeed as we learn that our outstanding pass rusher Matt Champion broke his fibula and is out long term...in 14 games he had already tied his career best with 14 sacks (6th NFL).
Champion is placed on IR.
Over the last two games we lost Champion and Mudgett (probably) for the season. tough.

Also, our n°1 rated LB Phil West is doubtful with a dislocated shoulder.

Week 16 Browns (11-3) @ Patriots (7-7) - 3pt fav : L 17-37
for the first time this year we lose two in a row (3rd loss in 4 weeks.) The offense is terrible for the 2nd straigh week and the defense, so brilliant earlier this year, can't stop anyone now : we miss our defensive leaders (Champion, Mudgett etc.) very much.
Davies 12/26 159 yards 0 TD 2 INTs
Sheen 13 for 36 yards 1 TD
Woodson 6 catches for 80 yards
Dawson had 1 interception and Hixson had 1.5 sacks.

G Raleigh Rountree is out (full strength in 2011). yet another blow.

At 11-4 we still own the best record in the NFL. but nothing is secured with 1 game remaining in the regular season.

Week 17 Browns (11-4) Vs Steelers (3-12) - 8pt fav : W 34-20
We finish the regular season with a 12th win, one that makes us feel a lot better. The offense rolled this time and Davies,Sheen and Wallace all three had a great regular season finale.
Again, we were much better in the 2nd half.
Davies 22/36 292 yards 4 TDs 0 INT
Sheen 23 for 143 yards
Wallace 7 catches for 125 yards 1 TD
Ferderer and Dawson both had 1 interception

Another AFC Central title (1st time we the division two years in a row !)
We finish the regular season 12-4 (best record in the NFL) and so we have Homefield advantage during the playoffs.
Despite our somehow chaotic month of december, the defending champions are still there in the hunt...and unless someone beats us in the playoffs, we're still the favourites.

S J.R Quinn (3rd in the NFL with 9 interceptions) is out with a hip pointer...
It seems all our best players will be missing the post-season.

To be noted :
QB Blaine Davies had a much better 2nd half. He threw 33 TD passes this season (led the NFL and only QB with 30+ TDs) just one short of his career best of 34 TDs set in 2003.
Also with 3767 yards he is 3rd in the league.
So a very productive year indeed for him.

RB Donnie Sheen has 1330 yards (4.7yards/c his best average ever) and 8 TDs

Playoff teams :

AFC
Browns (12-4) -defending SuperBowl Champions-
Jets (11-5)
Raiders (9-7)
Titans (11-5)
Jaguars (10-6)
Spangles (9-7)

NFC
Bucanneers (10-6)
Cardinals (10-6)
Saints (9-7)
Vikings (10-6)
Bears (10-6)
Panthers (9-7) -defending NFC Champions-

Wild Card Week-end :
Panthers @ Saints 21-24
Bears @ Vikings 17-27
Jaguars @ Titans 29-0 (!)
Spangles @ Raiders 25-36

Divisional Playoffs :
Saints @ Cardinals 35-9
Vikings @ Bucanneers 3-35
Raiders @ Jets 14-27

Cleveland Browns (12-4) Vs Jacksonville Jaguars (11-6) -E : W 17-6
The game goes on fine. We control the score and the ball. but early in the 2nd quarter Davies is injured and backup QB LaChapelle comes in. LaChapelle has playoff experience and doesn't make a lot of mistakes keeping the score and bolting us to another AFC Championship game (5th in 6 years).
Davies 6/8 147 yards 1 TD 1 INT before Breaking his arm ! OUT FOR THE REST OF THE POSTSEASON !
Sheen 24 for 63 yards
Stark 6 catches for 57 yards 1 TD
Dawson and Hicks each had one interception
Hixson and Burnim each had 1 sack.

Championship Games

NFC Championship game : Saints (11-7) @ Bucanneers (11-6) : 30-17

AFC Championship game : Cleveland Browns (13-4) Vs Jets (12-5) - 1pt fav : W 38-21
Davies is out but Bart LaChapelle has a wonderful game and is the NFL offensive player of the week.
With Hall of Fame boud QB Blaine Davies out with a broken arm, LaChapelle stepped in and proved he could be a great QB in this league. Despite being down 10-14 at the half, the team played very solid and LaChapelle's passes put the game out of reach for the Jets.
For the 2nd straight year, the Browns will play on the SuperBowl : a repeat is still possible though we have tons of injured players at key positions.
Our leader Davies will be missed for the big game but if LaChapelle can play in the SuperBowl much as he did in the AFC title game, then we have a very good chance of winning.

SuperBowl 2010 AFC Champions Cleveland Browns Vs NFC Champions New Orleans Saints -2pts fav :
We take an early 14-0 lead at the end of the first quarter. LaChapelle seems to be as concentrated as last week but with just 3 minutes gone in the 2nd quarter, star RB Donnie Sheen is injured and has to leave the game; he will not return.
We found ourselves in a very strange situation leading 14-0 in a SuperBowl without Blaine Davies nor Donnie Sheen playing.
Clinton takes Sheen's role as the featured back and with LaChapelle they keep the score going. We now lead 17-14 after some "3-and-outs" let the Saints comeback in the game. But LaChapelle is not done and throws 2 more TD passes that, along with a couple of FG in the 4th quarter give us the win 37-20 !
Backup Safety Joseph Swift is the SuperBowl MVP.
What a strange game, a superbowl played with backups on offense and all of our best defensive players out as well. This proves that we can win with anybody because we have such a great team.
Bart LaChapelle 16/27 213 yards 3 TDs 1 INT
Clinton 22 for 67 yards
Wallace 5 catches for 44 yards
Bushon 3 catches for 101 yards 1 TD
Swift 1 interception returned 33 yards for a TD, Ferderer also had 1 interception
Burnim had 2 sacks and Hixson had 1.5.

WE REPEAT AS SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS !!!!!

also this marks our 3rd title in 4 years and 4th in 6 years !
this is a clearly a wonderful dynastie.

I'm glad to bring two SuperBowls in a row to our franchise.
Trading for LaChapelle was good, because we may have lost in the AFC title game if we still had had Chapman instead.
too bad that Davies and Sheen missed the SuperBowl but there is no question that THEY led US there thanks to great plays over the entire season.

Season Awards :

RB Donnie Sheen is NFL Most Valuable Player !
S Joseph Swift is SuperBowl MVP.
QB Blaine Davies is All-League 2nd team QB. (only Brown to be All-League this year...)

As incredible as it seems, S J.R Quinn and his 9 interceptions don't make him an All-League player !!! this is steal and we will complain to the NFL !
in place of Quinn, the four All-League Safeties have 10, 8, 4 and 4 interceptions !

Stats :
QB Blaine Davies 16/16 54,2% comp 3767 yards (3rd NFL) 33 TDs (1st NFL) 16 INTs Rating 84,2 (5th NFL)
RB Donnie Sheen 16/16 278 attempts for 1330 yards (7th NFL) 4,7yards/c 8 TDs (tied 13th NFL)
WR Willie Woodson 16/5 52 catches for 741 yards 13 TDs (1st NFL)
WR B.J Bushon 16/16 50 catches for 728 yards 3 TDs
WR Harvey Wallace 16/11 46 catches for 716 yards 9 TDs (tied 2nd NFL)

LB Rufus Duke 85 tackles
DE Matt Champion 14 sacks (9th NFL)
S J.R Quinn 9 interceptions (3rd NFL and NO PRO BOWL !)

Team Stats

Rushing offense : 130,8 yards/g (8th NFL)
Passing offense : 244,8 yards/g (4th NFL)

Rushing defense : 102,7 yards/g (3rd NFL) !!! great improvement from last season's 31st place.
Passing defense : 241 yards (31st NFL) ...one year it is the run, the other the pass.

Extra Notes :

With this 4th title, we are now the team that has won the more superbowls in NFL history.
Only team also to have appeared in 4 superbowls.
All-time regular season record of 125-67-0 (.651) is NFL's best.
19 post-season win is an NFL best as well.

This is over for me. I send the Univers folder to Royal for season 2011 !

BROWNS ARE BACK TO BACK WORLD CHAMPIONS 2009 & 2010 !!!!

GOOOO BROWNS in 2011 !!!! let's make it an unprecedented 3-peat